Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:59:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 ... 347 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] POPULOUS WORLD - Invoice trading platform - PPT  (Read 277183 times)
bitcoinPI

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:45:36 PM

Does anyone else here find this info worrisome?  The names and birthdays clearly match the folks behind ppt.

citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/news/police-charge-two-in-id-fraud-probe-ftse-directors-fell-victim/a279825

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09409466/officers

Hmm...are you saying the Populous Data Analytics LTD is the same as Populous World?

I see to difference addresses:

BERKELEY SQUARE HOUSE BERKELEY SQUARE
LONDON
UNITED KINGDOM

vs.

9068, 1 Primrose Street
London EC2A 2EX

The last names are the same but populous ceo is Steve Williams!

Look at the populous.co domain owner below.. Darren Williams.  Yet using another address....

https://www.whois.com/whois/populous.co

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
naaktslak5

Activity: 492
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:51:03 PM

Does anyone else here find this info worrisome?  The names and birthdays clearly match the folks behind ppt.

citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/news/police-charge-two-in-id-fraud-probe-ftse-directors-fell-victim/a279825

i find it very strange that Nico is using different names. check this thread out on twitter https://twitter.com/FiatAntidote/status/961312124407513088
Truth Bomb

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:13:40 PM

Hi,

Not my words ,but got this from the PPT Reddit pages. This guy reads my mind.

People who are invested in PPT are acting like the people who invested in Bitconnect loans. They all WANT TO BELIEVE and are quick to dismiss any negative allegations. Do your research and you will quickly find that there is no office, and no core team. The team members on the website are all freelancers, or 20 year olds with no experience, or Nigerians that either have no experience or are 20 year olds. These kids would be happy that they have a job and are getting paid some coin. In other words, they might not even know that theyre working for a scam. The CEO has no successful business experience, and is not public with his words nor presence. All messages in Slack are not permanent and the chat history disappears with every new line of chat. This is the only place that the CEO says anything.

Don't take everything said on Slack as truth. There are people who are paid to continue to convince others that PPT is a great investment and that retirement is around the corner. There are paid shills in all corners of the cryptocurrency space so beware!

I would be very surprised if this turns out to be a successful project. But I highly doubt it. If this invoice trading platform is such a great idea, a proper team with real business experience will likely come up and take the spotlight. My research tells me that this is the job of a conman. Do your own research into the legitimacy of the company and team before starting to FOMO about the intricacies of how a real Populous platform will make you money. (remember how people analysed and researched into how Bitconnect will make money. it turns out that the people were shady and the operation, a scam.)

Did you hear that as the beta release was delayed once again, people were told that it would come out in just "a few hours" again and again and again. Until it became a joke on telegram and slack. This would be a great scenario for the CEO to cash out and sell his stack bit by bit at inflated prices. All the while, we now know that there was no intention of a Beta release by 31st Jan the entire time. Just lies and deceit. Now, investors are told that the beta will release within a month. How many times do you have to be fooled to realise that the CEO is a dishonest man. Think with your head screwed straight, without greed clouding your thoughts, like the investors of bitconnect then, the truth will leak into your mind also.

Authorities and journalists have been contacted to expose this scam. This could end up being another infamous crypto scam that will affect about 10k people who are holding a serious about of PPT in hope of something that won't ever happen.
ecivfesrire

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:37:07 PM

Looks like everything you posted here is unsubstantiated claims. It would be very damaging to populous to show their faces in the whitepaper. Also why go through the trouble of releasing source code?

Just saying
naaktslak5

Activity: 492
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:39:04 PM

Hi,

People who are invested in PPT are acting like the people who invested in Bitconnect loans. They all WANT TO BELIEVE and are quick to dismiss any negative allegations. Do your research and you will quickly find that there is no office, and no core team. The team members on the website are all freelancers, or 20 year olds with no experience, or Nigerians that either have no experience or are 20 year olds. These kids would be happy that they have a job and are getting paid some coin. In other words, they might not even know that theyre working for a scam. The CEO has no successful business experience, and is not public with his words nor presence. All messages in Slack are not permanent and the chat history disappears with every new line of chat. This is the only place that the CEO says anything.

Don't take everything said on Slack as truth. There are people who are paid to continue to convince others that PPT is a great investment and that retirement is around the corner. There are paid shills in all corners of the cryptocurrency space so beware!

I would be very surprised if this turns out to be a successful project. But I highly doubt it. If this invoice trading platform is such a great idea, a proper team with real business experience will likely come up and take the spotlight. My research tells me that this is the job of a conman. Do your own research into the legitimacy of the company and team before starting to FOMO about the intricacies of how a real Populous platform will make you money. (remember how people analysed and researched into how Bitconnect will make money. it turns out that the people were shady and the operation, a scam.)

Did you hear that as the beta release was delayed once again, people were told that it would come out in just "a few hours" again and again and again. Until it became a joke on telegram and slack. This would be a great scenario for the CEO to cash out and sell his stack bit by bit at inflated prices. All the while, we now know that there was no intention of a Beta release by 31st Jan the entire time. Just lies and deceit. Now, investors are told that the beta will release within a month. How many times do you have to be fooled to realise that the CEO is a dishonest man. Think with your head screwed straight, without greed clouding your thoughts, like the investors of bitconnect then, the truth will leak into your mind also.

Authorities and journalists have been contacted to expose this scam. This could end up being another infamous crypto scam that will affect about 10k people who are holding a serious about of PPT in hope of something that won't ever happen.
what about the smart contract that is out now? has anyone reviewed this? im no coder so i dont understand the lines on github.
CryptoLuck07

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:40:38 PM

I bought my very first token on etherdelta which was 1 PPT token just as a way to learn how to buy and sell on an exchange and learn about how it worked.  I picked up another hundred PPT when it was at ~.40 USD..... and sold them all at $4 a token thinking I did well.... been watching it go up slowly ever since... if I had only known.   Now PPT is out of my reach.  And for those still holding it will continue going higher with the beta launch.  Good work to those who had long term vision for PPT.
ecivfesrire

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:46:52 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2018, 09:00:51 PM by ecivfesrire

I bought my very first token on etherdelta which was 1 PPT token just as a way to learn how to buy and sell on an exchange and learn about how it worked.  I picked up another hundred PPT when it was at ~.40 USD..... and sold them all at $4 a token thinking I did well.... been watching it go up slowly ever since... if I had only known.   Now PPT is out of my reach.  And for those still holding it will continue going higher with the beta launch.  Good work to those who had long term vision for PPT.
[/quote

I like your honesty. Getting tired of the trolls remorse from people who made the mistake of not buying PPT.

Also comparing Ppt to Bitconnect is retarded. Bitconnect didn't disclose the trading bot, promised $6 million in 5 years because of compounding interest 1% per day on $20000 investment, and the founders never showed their face. Vitalik Buterin and Charlie Lee told everyone it's a ponzi scheme because they ran ads all over to draw people in and had them refer friends.

Populous is quiet as hell, promises reasonable factoring returns that do have risk, show their faces, don't run ads, and provide the source code
ka82

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:08:13 PM

Hi,

How can you compare Populous to Bitconnect? Did Bitconnect have a paper and specific methodology explaining how their business works?

Populouos business is nothing new, it's a peer to peer lending...It only integrates Blockchain into the business.
mlarry777

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:38:20 PM

Any comparison between PPT and Bitconnect is absurd.  Bitconnect was a Ponzi, based on layered tiers of recruited new players with an ultimate collapse of the entire upside-down pyramid.  PPT simply continues the well known business finance mechanism known as receivables factoring...exactly the same thing banks do every day.  In this case, Populous makes the same functions peer to peer... more efficient, quicker and less expensive.  Each invoice contract is a stand alone transaction between invoice seller (who now can easily shop around) and buyer (who makes a reasonable profit on each contract). 

If you want to devise a Ponzi scam and attach it to crypto coin there are all sorts of ways to do it but Invoice factoring is not one of them. 
HodlThroughTheStorm

Activity: 145
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:16:47 PM

How could you compare Populous to Bitconnect lol,  

1.Populous have put their code for the populous platform on GitHub for all to see and review.   Bitconnects technology was always a "secret" they never proved that they even had any tech or trading bot whatsoever...  

2. The Populous team is out there doing interviews and interacting directly with the community. Bitconnects developers were anonymous... Never showing their faces.....

We all know Bitconnect isn't the same as Populous in any way at all.   You don't invest into some fictitious trading bot. You are backing invoices from real business's out there, Business's that are owned by real people. All of which is information that is clearly stated on the invoice so you can use to verify for yourself that these invoices are real.

Amazing FUD lol.  Love how hard some of you are trying to crash PPT, you missed the boat when PPT was cheap, now you just want to crash the price to get in on PPT yourselves....

Why ells waist your time in here. Time is valuable, and as was mentioned before in another post. The only thing you gain out of spreading these lies is cheap PPT.

And that's obviously what you want.

Go to hell you motherfudders. You aint getting my PPT!!!!!!
Truth Bomb

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:22:25 PM

Hi,

Or what about this 1? If you do a little research about PPT there are a lot of red flags. This is also not my writing ,but also a piece of somebody else from the Reddit pages.

Yes, certainly there's a big difference. Having said that, if a new ico came about now you liked and there were major questions marks over the character and history of the founder you probably wouldn't invest.

Not all charges can be proven it doesn't mean they aren't true. There's a lot of smoke there.

So, look at the facts: 1) Charged with ID FRAUD in 2007.

2) Lied about the billion dollar deal with Luxure Global citizen.

3) Wants unnecessary and they security details like your mother's Maiden Name.

4) Has multiple failed businesses.

5) 3 of the team including himself are Nigerian, nothing racial here but a large percentage of scams originate in Nigeria, this increases the risk of loss and will turn off big money.

6) Has lied about big investments: there are none and POPULOUS is neither financially or commercially viable as it stands.

7) Covers up his last name. Why not use his birth name. Adeyebi? Is it because of that article?

Cool On two separate occasions he has been seen In top London Nightclubs buying 100 bottles of Champgne for people he barley knows. Where did this money come From? Was he that rich before from Tramp magazine (answer is no) surely that money would have been better spent on office space and a proper dev team.
panorama

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:28:01 PM

Does anyone else here find this info worrisome?  The names and birthdays clearly match the folks behind ppt.

i find it very strange that Nico is using different names. check this thread out on twitter https://twitter.com/FiatAntidote/status/961312124407513088

I wish Fiat Antidote would stay quiet. Half of what he says doesn't make sense.

For what it's worth, I do actually believe that Nico and his brother may have done shady stuff in the past, but the fact that they haven't been convicted of anything gives me a little comfort. The progress they've made with the platform also looks legitimate. You can't fake what they've shown so far, even with beta being delayed.

For that reason, I'm still cautiously bullish on PPT and will continue to hold unless someone can show more evidence of wrongdoing than a single article from over 10 years ago. The birthday inconsistencies are odd, but not really concerning.

Serlder

Activity: 64

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:42:35 PM

Hey Truth Bomb.....   Thanks for the heads up, but these are old FUD stories.....

Why are you even here? I'm pretty sure you are iether from a competeing project or you just want cheap PPT for yourself.... No one digs up OLD FUD like that and then proceeds to waist their time trying to tell people to sell their assets.   Unless thwere is something in it for you.  Is HIVE paying you?  Or do you just want cheap PPT?   OR BOTH?!?!?!?!

Either way, no one wants to see your worthless FUD here. so fuck off haha would be appreciated  
panorama

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:44:51 PM

Hey Truth Bomb.....   Thanks for the heads up, but these are old FUD stories.....

Why are you even here? I'm pretty sure you are iether from a competeing project or you just want cheap PPT for yourself.... No one digs up OLD FUD like that and then proceeds to waist their time trying to tell people to sell their assets.   Unless thwere is something in it for you.  Is HIVE paying you?  Or do you just want cheap PPT?   OR BOTH?!?!?!?!

Either way, no one wants to see your worthless FUD here. so fuck off haha would be appreciated  

Yeah, the fact that he took the time to register a new bitcointalk account is certainly suspicious. There's definitely an alterior motive.

ecivfesrire

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:06:42 AM

Populous beta version will come out and his hopes and dreams will be ejected  Kiss
quotas

Activity: 163

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:42:38 AM

LOL al those newbie accounts spreading FUD FUD and only FUD. And people are falling for it. Some people are so stupid to buy great assets by them self after they read and study and finaly buy. Then after a while they sell their diamonds after some strange people with newbie accounts tell them ppt is a scam.
Wow ......
the_thing

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:23:45 AM

LOL al those newbie accounts spreading FUD FUD and only FUD. And people are falling for it. Some people are so stupid to buy great assets by them self after they read and study and finaly buy. Then after a while they sell their diamonds after some strange people with newbie accounts tell them ppt is a scam.
Wow ......

Actually thanks to those newbie accounts I was able to buy the populous tokens at a pretty cheap price.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP"   
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"     
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
HodlThroughTheStorm

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:19:05 AM

Sadly that also means someone was fooled by the FUD,  there's always a silver lining I guess.  Nice move on picking up some cheap PPT though, just wish I had more fiat so I could get some too,   fuckmylife haha these dips always happen when I am out of money!!   -.-
HodlThroughTheStorm

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:25:08 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2018, 10:03:24 AM by HodlThroughTheStorm

Just FYI to everyone,  Binance is down for maintenance and they say it wont be back for another 5 - 10 hours. That's why the PPT price has been frozen on binance. the Damn FUD and the maintenance happened at the same time

I wouldn't touch etherdelta with a ten-foot pole either.....  Ever since the old team sold etherdelta it has just been going downhill, stay away from ED, plenty other decentralized exchanges are coming!
Dorkie

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:30:34 AM

I've said Populous was a scam long ago, but I don't think many believed me.
Anyway, if indeed Populous is a scam by a Nigerian artist, then make sure you are not the ultimate bag holder.

Personally I suspect Populous is a scam not because it is run by a Nigerian, but because I noticed there was very persistent attempt by the team to sell hypes (unfulfilled) and pump up the price.
Such intent is enough for me to be very suspicious.
Pages: « 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 ... 347 »
  Print  

Jump to: