Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:08:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 347 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] POPULOUS WORLD - Invoice trading platform - PPT  (Read 277186 times)
arbitro

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:58:13 PM

I suspect a high likelihood that price will start to fall below $3 over the next few days/weeks after the XBRL airdrop.

I'm sorry Dorkie. You can always dream but not all dreams come true. Btw a drop after XBRL wouldnt make much sense since you can only use the tokens inside the platform and PPT has been not only holding the price but even growing during the btc fork drama and the alts apocalypse. Beta launch is imminent. You should have loaded up last month.  Wink
dEjAvOU

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:09:50 PM

Amazingly, this is the moment we are waiting for, we are patient when the price got dropped and now the price will soon reach $ 6 and optimistic this year could reach $ 10
SemiSeriousInvestor

Activity: 114
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:11:31 PM

I am thinking about purchasing a sizable amount of this Populous coin. However, can someone explain why the PPT token has to exist? I skimmed through the whitepaper and see that PPT will be used to access the platform and allow trading of invoices. But could Populous just allow folks in the future to gain access with straight fiat? How would an investor that knows nothing about crypto go about purchasing PPT?

I am asking this because I have seen numerous new companies include a token just for the sake of having a token. Is this the case with PPT?
remoteknife

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:36:32 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2017, 06:50:50 PM by remoteknife

SemiSerious, you can use straight fiat on the Populous platform, but using PPT Token gives you advantages.

The idea behind using blockchain technology is to keep everything cheap(no banksters), open, truthful, honest and verifiable for all parties.

edit:
If you know absolutely nothing about cryptos,  

Step 1) sign up at kraken.com and/or coinbase.com

Step 2) transfer fiat to kraken / coinbase to buy Ethereum and/or Bitcoin

Step 3) come back here when step 1 and 2 is done for further instructions Smiley

You can trade Ethereum for PPT Tokens at etherdelta.com
https://etherdelta.com/#PPT-ETH

video below explains how to use etherdelta, it's really easy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzpeEuPMsL8
SemiSeriousInvestor

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:54:21 PM

SemiSerious, you can use straight fiat on the Populous platform, but using PPT Token gives you advantages.

The idea behind using blockchain technology is to keep everything cheap(no banksters), open, truthful, honest and verifiable for all parties.

edit:
If you know absolutely nothing about cryptos,  

Step 1) sign up at kraken.com and/or coinbase.com

Step 2) transfer fiat to kraken / coinbase to buy Ethereum and/or Bitcoin

Step 3) come back here when step 1 and 2 is done for further instructions Smiley

You can trade Ethereum for PPT Tokens at etherdelta.com
https://etherdelta.com/#PPT-ETH

video below explains how to use etherdelta, it's really easy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzpeEuPMsL8

I'm quite familiar with Etherdelta, but my point is say a guy with 10 million dollars is seeking yield and bank interest is close to nothing. He is interested in trading invoices on Populous platform to earn interest per year. What is stopping him from bypassing the PPT token alltogether? For instance, the Ethereum platform would not work without paying Ether. Is the PPT token crucial to the Populous platform or is it an afterthought?
SemiSeriousInvestor

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:05:18 PM

This is what I am referring to on page 18 of the whitepaper:

DEPOSIT OF FUNDS
When the actor deposits funds into the platform, an equivalent amount of tokens is minted
and deposited into his account. A different token is used depending on the currency of the
deposited funds:
1.7.3. Deposit worldwide government’s currency
The actor receives the same amount of the corresponding tokens. For example, if the actor
deposits 8 USD, he will receive 8 Populous USD tokens.
1.7.4. Deposit stable Populous tokens
If the actor has access to tokens in one of the external token contracts, he can deposit
them into the platform. Upon deposit, the tokens are destroyed from the external token
contract and minted in the platform’s internal ledger.
1.7.5. Deposit BTC

Where does the PPT token fit into all of this?
SemiSeriousInvestor

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:16:04 PM

Hello, just to clarify

For people who invested in the Populous ico

1) They will get pokens, in this case those who hold Pokens are considered as an investors as the funded amount is to lend to the borrower? is there dividends for holding?
2) In this case Pokens price will always be constant as invested $0.20 get you 1 pokens, the $0.20 will go towards the borrower until he return?
3) Does borrower need to pay more for invoice he sell?
4) If he sell the his invoice through Populous, he will get the funds direct [$$] or pokens that he neeed to sell on exchange?

I am confusing now damn xd

Hi, hope I can make things a little clearer.

So Pokens are not the same as ICO tokens. ICO tokens are called Populous Platform Tokens 'PPT'.
Pokens are the flow of funds within the Populous Platform and are issued only to investors on the Platform who wish to trade invoices.

1) Investors will get PPT in exchange for their investment.
2)Poken prices will always be the same as their fiat currency equivalent. Populous Platform Token 'PPT' on the other hand will over time increase in value.

3) Borrowers or invoice sellers sell their invoices at a discount depending on the risk credit rating calculated. So an invoice may be worth $1000 and the borrower may sell it for 10% less of it's value which is $900. This will rewarded the investor(s) with a profit of $100.

4) If the borrower/invoice seller sells his invoices through Populous, they will receive Pokens from the sale which they can send to us and we will transfer them fiat currency equivalent or they can keep the Pokens and do what they want with them. The invoice seller can transfer Pokens outside the platform to his/her wallet or sell even sell on other exchanges. Pokens are worth the same as the fiat currency the inovice was sold in.  

I am just having a real hard time uderstanding #2 above.
SemiSeriousInvestor

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:07:08 PM

Basically are PPT tokens a representation of the entire value of loans plus interest made on the Populous Platform? Whitepaper says when an investor invests money, they are issued PPT. This PPT can be held or traded. Is this true of ALL funds entering the Populous system? Or is there a scenario where say an investor wants to invest 1000 at 10% interest. This investor is then issued an IOU receipt rather than PPT?

And also, if and when an investor is issued PPT in exchange for their investment, where does this PPT come from? Does Populous have to purchase PPT on open market equivalent to the Investor's investment amount and then give this to the investor?
remoteknife

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:11:15 PM

PPT Tokens are nor crucial or an afterthought.

Even if you are a Fiat Investor, Populous Business will be happening by Smart Contracts on the Ethereum blockchain. If you deposit $50 USD fiat to the Populous Platform, it will be converted to Pokens (a token, (not PPT)) before you can invest in invoices. Populous will charge a 0.8%(?) conversion fee.

If you deposit PPT to the Populous Platform, it needs to be converted to Pokens before you can invest in invoices, but conversion fee is 0%

Using PPT also has other advantages over fiat:
PPT investors have 'First Bidding Preference' bidding on high yield invoices. Fiat investos have Secondary Bidding preference.
PPT investors can bid on 30 Day, 60 Day and 90 Day terms. Fiat investors 60 and 90 days only.
Fiat investors will be unable to invest in high yield invoice terms (max 6%). PPT investors max 10%.
PPT will convert to any Poken. Fiat is limited to £ GBP and ¥ Yuan Pokens (British and Chinese Invoices).
No KYC needed for PPT investors. Fiat investors has KYC requirements.
PPT investors can create bidding groups. Fiat investors can't.
+
+
+
SemiSeriousInvestor

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:45:16 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2017, 09:18:24 PM by SemiSeriousInvestor

PPT Tokens are nor crucial or an afterthought.

Even if you are a Fiat Investor, Populous Business will be happening by Smart Contracts on the Ethereum blockchain. If you deposit $50 USD fiat to the Populous Platform, it will be converted to Pokens (a token, (not PPT)) before you can invest in invoices. Populous will charge a 0.8%(?) conversion fee.

If you deposit PPT to the Populous Platform, it needs to be converted to Pokens before you can invest in invoices, but conversion fee is 0%

Using PPT also has other advantages over fiat:
PPT investors have 'First Bidding Preference' bidding on high yield invoices. Fiat investos have Secondary Bidding preference.
PPT investors can bid on 30 Day, 60 Day and 90 Day terms. Fiat investors 60 and 90 days only.
Fiat investors will be unable to invest in high yield invoice terms (max 6%). PPT investors max 10%.
PPT will convert to any Poken. Fiat is limited to £ GBP and ¥ Yuan Pokens (British and Chinese Invoices).
No KYC needed for PPT investors. Fiat investors has KYC requirements.
PPT investors can create bidding groups. Fiat investors can't.
+
+
+

So PPT is basically an inhouse currency that gives you a few extra perks on the platform. OK, I understand now. I kept thinking PPT is a tradable derivative backed by the invoice financing loans. So putting the blockchain lending aside, the main attraction of PPT is it allows any investor anywhere in the world quick and easy access to passive interest, correct?
remoteknife

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:48:09 PM

As far as I understand that's a good summary. Don't take my word for it, I have very little financial experience and understanding. I just like cryptos  Grin
SemiSeriousInvestor

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:32:54 PM

As far as I understand that's a good summary. Don't take my word for it, I have very little financial experience and understanding. I just like cryptos  Grin

I have made it a rule of thumb, after investing in a few dud Tokens, to question the existence of the token itself. Why is there a need for this token and why it MUST go up. Everyone claims their token will increase in value as more people use their product. Well, yes and no.

So regarding PPT, I have a little at the moment but still question why it has to increase in value at all. So until I see some demonstration I might refrain from investing more. If anyone has a clear answer to why PPT must go up for Populous to be successful, please chime in. I am just afraid Populous can be wholly successful and PPT stays stagnant or goes down in value
SemiSeriousInvestor

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:36:21 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2017, 12:49:38 AM by SemiSeriousInvestor

OK, I just read through the whitepaper again TWICE, and I went through the first 50 pages of this forum. I still have NO CLUE as to how specifically the PPT token is used and how it fits into the grand scheme of things. This mainly because the whitepaper makes ZERO mentions of PPT. White paper only mentions stable pegged pokens. I am really wanting to invest at least 50k into this project via PPT tokens, so I need definitive clarification. Can someone that knows definitively answer the below questions?

-Is PPT the exclusive currency within the platform? For instance whether an investor has fiat, bitcoin, litecoin, etc. When the investor makes a deposit, what happens? Are they given PPT tokens equivalent to the market rate of PPT/USD, PPT/BTC, PPT/ETH, PPT/GBP, etc?

-Borrowers get pokens because they want a stable funds. Investors however want a floating currency (PPT?) so they can capture the rise (or fall) in currency rate (PPT/USD), while also obtaining interest passive income. Is this correct?

- So basically is PPT the only means of accessing the platform? And regarding page 15 of the Whitepaper, where does PPT fit in? If PPT is one of a dozen ways to access and trade invoices on the platform, I am not so sure about the value that PPT gives. However if ANY investor holding ANY currency wishes to trade invoices MUST obtain PPT, then I can see how the PPT token is going to soar....Can someone with definitive answers clarify? THanks

_ as well, the new website also makes ZERO mention of PPT tokens. I seriously do not want to be holding PPT tokens unless I know exactly what gives them value and holds that value over time
SemiSeriousInvestor

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:06:21 AM

OK I finally found mention of PPT tokens in their Business Plan. It states:

5.0 Operations

5.1 PPT and Pokens

There are two types of digital currencies in the Populous platform – Populous Platform Tokens (PPT) and
Pokens. Both digital currencies play a different role and have different mechanism.

5.2 PPT

PPT was the token issued during the Pre-ICO to raise funds. From the discounts issued in the Pre-ICO,
there is a total of 41 million PPTs in circulation currently, with a limited supply of 53 million. PPT will also
allow access to the Populous platform, serving as an avenue to exchange Pokens and purchase invoices.
The exact value that is unlocked by the PPT will be announced in a future announcement.

It states that what a holder of PPT can actually do with a PPT token will be announced at a LATER date. Uh, say what? What exactly does this mean? Does this mean that Populous team can just assign some arbitrary value to PPT token in the future? Does this not concern anyone here? What is to stop Populous team from assigning the value of PPT to be EXACTLY equal to Pre-Sale price?

Also there is the issue of PPT Buyback as stated here:

5.2.1 Buyback mechanism
The buyback mechanism serves a few purposes. Firstly, the buyback mechanism acts as an indicator that
the platform has generated enough working capital to repurchase the tokens and utilize a portion of the
cash and cash equivalent. Upon the buyback, there will be fewer tokens available in circulation, which
enables easier transactions with the PPT in the platform as there will be lesser congestion in the
network.

-If Populous were to buy back these PPT tokens and Populous will assign the value of a PPT token at a later date, Isn't it in Populous best interest to assign as low of value as possible so it's easier to buy them back?

I find these unanswered questions quite concerning. I believe in Populous and believe that it will be a HIGHLY successful company, however I am very suspect in the value that a PPT token will have.  Basically, market price of PPT token at present could be totally off from what Populous team says later on. Please can someone clarify. Thanks
ecivfesrire

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:08:43 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2017, 02:36:22 AM by ecivfesrire

5.0 Operations

5.1 PPT and Pokens

There are two types of digital currencies in the Populous platform – Populous Platform Tokens (PPT) and
Pokens. Both digital currencies play a different role and have different mechanism.

5.2 PPT

PPT was the token issued during the Pre-ICO to raise funds. From the discounts issued in the Pre-ICO,
there is a total of 41 million PPTs in circulation currently, with a limited supply of 53 million. PPT will also
allow access to the Populous platform, serving as an avenue to exchange Pokens and purchase invoices.
The exact value that is unlocked by the PPT will be announced in a future announcement.

It states that what a holder of PPT can actually do with a PPT token will be announced at a LATER date. Uh, say what? What exactly does this mean? Does this mean that Populous team can just assign some arbitrary value to PPT token in the future? Does this not concern anyone here? What is to stop Populous team from assigning the value of PPT to be EXACTLY equal to Pre-Sale price?

5.2.1 Buyback mechanism
The buyback mechanism serves a few purposes. Firstly, the buyback mechanism acts as an indicator that
the platform has generated enough working capital to repurchase the tokens and utilize a portion of the
cash and cash equivalent. Upon the buyback, there will be fewer tokens available in circulation, which
enables easier transactions with the PPT in the platform as there will be lesser congestion in the
network.

-If Populous were to buy back these PPT tokens and Populous will assign the value of a PPT token at a later date, Isn't it in Populous best interest to assign as low of value as possible so it's easier to buy them back?

I find these unanswered questions quite concerning. I believe in Populous and believe that it will be a HIGHLY successful company, however I am very suspect in the value that a PPT token will have.  Basically, market price of PPT token at present could be totally off from what Populous team says later on. Please can someone clarify. Thanks

Hey Semiserious investor. I'll tell you what I know, but I guarantee that it will won't completely answer your questions.

The most recent twitter post from populous features them replying to a comment: "clif high discussing #PPT overtaking #ETH in value by mid 2018." Whomever runs the populous twitter responds "it's scary to know @clif_high knows how we think." Now if you're like most people you probably want to take that w/ a grain of salt because it's PR people talking. However: even if populous is doomed for success it's not a good idea to hurt the investors after posting how their tokens are going to go up. If your investors can't trust you, why should anyone trust to use the platform? I don't think they're going to run us over like that after we helped them make their company. That's just bad business.

A PPT essentially is stock in the populous company. I find it hard to believe that populous would want to tank the value of their stock on purpose. Populous have done good faith things for their investors that would lead me to believe they don't want to screw us. For instance: xbrl airdrop for token holders. They have delivered on the promises to get this platform going and website. Furthermore I couldn't tell you how many companies have legitly screwed people that just came into existence after populous came out then blew up before today.

Populous doesn't need to scam investors to be successful and in fact they're not nor ever have! They airdrop you tokens for holding the stock/initial token. Additionally: invoice finance is a very profitable business model especially if it can be globalized. They're going to make much more money bringing people together around their model. If they anger investors that would only fuel would-be competitors.

SemiSeriousInvestor

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:35:48 AM

5.0 Operations

5.1 PPT and Pokens

5.2 PPT

5.2.1 Buyback mechanism
network.

I find these unanswered questions quite concerning. I believe in Populous and believe that it will be a HIGHLY successful company, however I am very suspect in the value that a PPT token will have.  Basically, market price of PPT token at present could be totally off from what Populous team says later on. Please can someone clarify. Thanks

Hey Semiserious investor. I'll tell you what I know, but I guarantee that it will won't completely answer your questions.

The most recent twitter post from populous features them replying to a comment: "clif high discussing #PPT overtaking #ETH in value by mid 2018." Whomever runs the populous twitter responds "it's scary to know @clif_high knows how we think." Now if you're like most people you probably want to take that w/ a grain of salt because it's PR people talking. However: even if populous is doomed for success it's not a good idea to hurt the investors after posting how their tokens are going to go up. If your investors can't trust you, why should anyone trust to use the platform? I don't think they're going to run us over life that after we helped them make their company. That's just bad business.

A PPT essentially is stock in the populous company. I find it hard to believe that populous would want to tank the value of their stock on purpose. Populous have done good faith things for their investors that would lead me to believe they don't want to screw us. For instance: xbrl airdrop for token holders. They have delivered on the promises to get this platform going and website. Furthermore I couldn't tell you how many companies have legitly screwed people that just came into existence after populous came out then blew up before today.

Populous doesn't need to scam investors to be successful and in fact they're not nor ever have! They airdrop you tokens for holding the stock/initial token. Additionally: invoice finance is a very profitable business model especially if it can be globalized. They're going to make much more money bringing people together around their model. If they anger investors that would only fuel would-be competitors.

I totally get what you are saying, and that is my initial thought as well. Until I keep digging into these PPT tokens. They are not Stock. They are not Equity. In fact, it seems to me that they are a "gift" to investors in the ICO. Populous will hopefully "reward" these investors later by assigning a "value" to the PPT token that would be satisfactory to initial investors.

Now what does that exactly mean? If the PreSale ICO price was 30 cents, Populous could just assign any value greater than ICO and that would return more than initially invested. Could that be 1 dollar? 3 dollar? 10? Who knows. It is not dependent on the entire market cap of Populous as a whole. I believe Populous will be a phenomenal company. Only problem is the way these PPT tokens exist and the vague mention of them makes one kind of question their value. And also, the way the buyback is worded, it seems Populous just wants to buy them all back so they don;t exist anymore, as to not clutter the platform with too many tokens. Of Course Populous could just come out and say they will value the PPT token at 20x respective poken. Which means if you have a PPT, whatever your respective currency Poken is, you can claim 20x. So 1 PPT = 20 USD Pokens. Or, They could also just say 1PPT = 3 USD Pokens.

See what I am getting at here? The wording in their business plan states they will just assign an arbitrary value to PPT at a later date. The value could be good to those that bought low, and bad to those that bought high.
ecivfesrire

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:00:09 AM

5.0 Operations

5.1 PPT and Pokens

5.2 PPT

5.2.1 Buyback mechanism
network.

The most recent twitter post from populous features them replying to a comment: "clif high discussing #PPT overtaking #ETH in value by mid 2018." Whomever runs the populous twitter responds "it's scary to know @clif_high knows how we think." Now if you're like most people you probably want to take that w/ a grain of salt because it's PR people talking. However: even if populous is doomed for success it's not a good idea to hurt the investors after posting how their tokens are going to go up. If your investors can't trust you, why should anyone trust to use the platform? I don't think they're going to run us over life that after we helped them make their company. That's just bad business.

I totally get what you are saying, and that is my initial thought as well. Until I keep digging into these PPT tokens. They are not Stock. They are not Equity. In fact, it seems to me that they are a "gift" to investors in the ICO. Populous will hopefully "reward" these investors later by assigning a "value" to the PPT token that would be satisfactory to initial investors.

Now what does that exactly mean? If the PreSale ICO price was 30 cents, Populous could just assign any value greater than ICO and that would return more than initially invested. Could that be 1 dollar? 3 dollar? 10? Who knows. It is not dependent on the entire market cap of Populous as a whole. I believe Populous will be a phenomenal company. Only problem is the way these PPT tokens exist and the vague mention of them makes one kind of question their value. And also, the way the buyback is worded, it seems Populous just wants to buy them all back so they don;t exist anymore, as to not clutter the platform with too many tokens. Of Course Populous could just come out and say they will value the PPT token at 20x respective poken. Which means if you have a PPT, whatever your respective currency Poken is, you can claim 20x. So 1 PPT = 20 USD Pokens. Or, They could also just say 1PPT = 3 USD Pokens.

See what I am getting at here? The wording in their business plan states they will just assign an arbitrary value to PPT at a later date. The value could be good to those that bought low, and bad to those that bought high.

I think you definitely have a point. The point being that initially they may not be able to value PPT at a high price even if they mean to. Populous only has so much in the fiat liquidity pool right now because the business isn't going yet. I try to think more in terms of being able to make passive income and use the xbrl to access the data for free. Not many cryptos let you make the passive income.
SemiSeriousInvestor

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:47:41 AM

5.0 Operations

5.1 PPT and Pokens

5.2 PPT

5.2.1 Buyback mechanism
network.

I think you definitely have a point. The point being that initially they may not be able to value PPT at a high price even if they mean to. Populous only has so much in the fiat liquidity pool right now because the business isn't going yet. I try to think more in terms of being able to make passive income and use the xbrl to access the data for free. Not many cryptos let you make the passive income.

I am just over cautiously, cause I have been in 2 token scenarios now (other ICO's) where we eventually found out the token was just an extra incentive to initial investors, kind of a "thank you gift" for funding our development so to speak. I believe in Populous Platform as a whole and I am sure it will do well. The PPT token on the other hand is still too cloaked in shadow at the moment. Also, It's not just PPT that can earn passive income. If you are a holder of Bitcoin, you can just deposit Bitcoin into Populous Platform and then earn passive income on the Bitcoin. How that will work is anybody's guess. Cause If your bitcoins are converted to a USD or GBP peg when you deposit your Bitcoins, what happens if Bitcoin doubles in price? Upon exit do you get initial Bitcoin amount plus interest? Or do you get the USD / Bitcoin at time of deposit plus interest?
panorama

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:57:42 AM

5.0 Operations

5.1 PPT and Pokens

5.2 PPT

5.2.1 Buyback mechanism
network.

These are very good questions, but you're understanding of how the system works is off. Part of that is because they've provided more info since the whitepaper was published.

It's late for me right now, but I'll try to explain how this works tomorrow if no one else responds. You can also ask your questions in the Telegram or Slack group. You'll find a lot of helpful people there.

FreakyBiggles

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:40:37 AM

Hello ecivfesrire and SemiSeriousInvestor,

Very good content and very impressed with the patience and effort in both of your communications. Even though I enjoy reading some of the funny stuff I like better to see good collaborative discovery process that benefits the whole community. I don't post much but read a great deal and soak up much. Maybe I should be SpongeBigglesSquarePants instead?

Anyway SemiSeriousInvestor - 5.2 "The exact value that is unlocked by the PPT will be announced in a future announcement." to possibly share my take on the PPT white paper section and most likely over-simplify the nature of the concept I have about it...

It seems possible the PPT "token" could have a reference value (poken exchange value) assigned to it for serving a function on the platform itself without necessarily translating that same value outside the system. Maybe the PPT could have a small/minor leverage advantage? This is just a guess but it would be possible (it's crypto after all) that pokens converted via PPT have a different translatable value outside the system but an advantage within when utilized for the purpose the platform is created for. Pokens obtained via fiat could potentially have a different conversion value back into PPT so as not to backdoor into PPT cheaper and still honor the equivalent fiat value at purchase. I think it's great that the platform is not closed to only PPT, and this gives me confidence in inherent future value of the token alone. Seriously though - this is just a guess. These guys are way smarter than me.

However, I believe the intent of Populous is to serve a function that mutually benefits both borrower/lender and the intent is for the main revenue to be generated from invoice factoring and not the speculation of the token. The tokens and platform are the mechanism for many little guys to realize the benefits from both directions for the sake of good business. I believe it will serve users even better the larger they can grow their lending ability if they are not whales at the start.

As for your other concern - 5.2.1 Buyback mechanism...
The way I take that is the people which envisioned this entire ecosystem have the vision to see the future of this platform. It strikes me that they already believe in it's potential and knew the capital it would take to ensure it's success. Additionally that they see the long term potential - not just a few years. They state upfront a unique business methodology of regaining the golden tickets from the open market (not destroying) which is the exact opposite of share dilution. If the PPT is on the open market nobody will know who is buying - or if that PPT will ever return to the market. I personally don't think the platform will suffer with less individual lenders though - and I bet the invoice factoring will grow steadily. There is probably a price at which I will sell mine - dunno yet - but not now. Without this platform I would never have the access to play in this sandbox. I am very eager to watch it evolve and learn as I do it.

Anyway guys, it was great to see good discussion going on. I hope my contribution is useful in some way.

Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 347 »
  Print  

Jump to: