Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:24:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Discontinued: Lancelot (Heavy Duty 400 Mega hashes, 2 x FPGA Mining Board)  (Read 86428 times)
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 09:08:40 AM

Regarding v42
So ... I had a look at the github and indeed it does dynamically adjust the MHz clock
So --icarus-timing will not fare well with that.
(as I mentioned it expects a constant MHz)

Since it can't even know what the MHz is it would be better to instead use a clock figure slower than it's slowest speed and a abort time of around 100 to ensure it's under the speed it always runs at.
So something like:
--icarus-timing 2.5=100
It will show the MH/s incorrectly, but it will still hash at the highest rate it can.

Anyone know if you can get more information out of the Lancelot other than just send it work and wait for the reply?
I guess once I've finished the code - (almost done but haven't had a lot of time today to do that last bit: sort out the chip initialisation) - I'll look at the github and see if there are other commands you can send to it ...
The random unknown MHz is actually problematic Sad

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlappySocks

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 11:08:47 AM

Your probably better off having it declared as something customs dont know. Then customs cant value it, and have to go by the declared value (whatever that is).

It's all a gamble anyway.  Sometimes you get lucky with customs, and sometimes you don't.  At least that's my experience in the UK.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 11:11:18 AM

yep but in this case depends, if is package described as lancelot or sample of motherboard.

just check with other guys from our local czech forum and they are in same situation. all is about item description/declared value..
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 11:18:37 AM

Got mine today (thanks blackarrow!). Cute little thing; I stuffed it into my mining rig PC case.

Will now work with kano to get the cgminer code working (even) better with this device.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 11:31:38 AM

so kano + ckolivas = cgminer?
Then lukejr = bfgminer?

turtle83

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 12:13:13 PM

so kano + ckolivas = cgminer?
Then lukejr = bfgminer?

cgminer:  https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/AUTHORS

Current maintainers and active developers:
Main code+ASIC+GPU+SCRYPT+maintainer: Con Kolivas <kernel@kolivas.org> 15qSxP1SQcUX3o4nhkfdbgyoWEFMomJ4rZ
API+USB+FPGA+ASIC: Andrew Smith <kan0i {at} kano-kun [dot] net> 1Jjk2LmktEQKnv8r2cZ9MvLiZwZ9gxabKm

Legacy:
Original CPU mining software: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com>
BitFORCE FPGA mining and refactor: Luke Dashjr <luke-jr+cgminer@utopios.org> 1NbRmS6a4dniwHHoSS9v3tEYUpP1Z5VVdL

bfgminer: https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/blob/bfgminer/AUTHORS

FPGA/ASIC mining and refactor: Luke Dashjr <luke-jr+bfgminer@utopios.org> 1QATWksNFGeUJCWBrN4g6hGM178Lovm7Wh
GPU mining and refactor: Con Kolivas <kernel@kolivas.org> 15qSxP1SQcUX3o4nhkfdbgyoWEFMomJ4rZ
Avalon and Icarus drivers: Xiangfu <xiangfu@openmobilefree.net>
ZTEX FPGA driver: Nelisky <nelisky.btc@gmail.com>
Original CPU mining software: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com>
RPC API: Andrew Smith <kanoi2@kano-kun.net> 1Jjk2LmktEQKnv8r2cZ9MvLiZwZ9gxabKm

SUSE packaging: Christian Berendt <berendt@b1-systems.de>
Ubuntu packaging: Graeme Humphries <graeme@sudo.ca>

Contributors:

Jason Hughes <wizkid057@gmail.com>
Ycros <michael@kedzierski.id.au>
Denis Ahrens <denis@h3q.com>
blinkier <blinkiest@gmail.com>
Peter Stuge <peter@stuge.se>
Paul Sheppard <shepsoft@gmail.com>
Jason Snell <abysss@gmail.com>
Mark Crichton <crichton@gmail.com>
Zefir Kurtisi <zefir.kurtisi@gmail.com>
bluemurder <bluemurder@engineer.com>
Philip Kaufmann <phil.kaufmann@t-online.de>
Rusty Russell <rusty@rustcorp.com.au>
Znort 987 <znort987@yahoo.com>
Phateus <Jesse.Moll@gmail.com>
Glenn Francis Murray <glenn@gfm.cc>
fleger <florian6.leger@laposte.net>
pooler <pooler@litecoinpool.org>
Abracadabra <hocuscapocus@gmail.com>
Tydus <Tydus@Tydus.org>
Raulo <p987341@gmail.com>

So, all 3 of them contributed to both projects Smiley

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 12:22:13 PM

Weird, wish they wouldn't fight. I'm sure there's more too it. There was falling out. I respect cgminer because they were first. Bfgminer did better for me during the bfl singles. I don't know what to use for these lancelots.

elchorizo

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:48:59 PM

I received the remaining 5 Lancelots in my order today. They seem to run just a tad faster then the previous 5 I got... I'm not complaining Smiley They are all working great. New ones: 399 MH/s, old ones, 379 MH/s.

You must have the 190 mhz firmware on the first ones. Buy a xilinx jtag cable and write the 200 mhz firmware and all will run at 400 mhashes. 

Where can I download the firmware and instructions to flash it? (Preferably in Linux)

BTC: 1Chorizo6WNabZxVfQyGtvF4JiRt7Hexxb
LTC: Lchorizoy8ck7Arbby8LDnw5wAmi8h6Hzb
tidus_13

Activity: 290

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

blackarrow,

could you please explain me, why you describe the package as "lancelot" on not as "sample of motherboard" as before? because officers know what is motherboard but don't know what is lancelot, i have got clearance event and must pay VAT+CLO and other fees for extra storing package, etc.

next thing is, that will have to wait until tuesday because of this.

if describe as motherboard you don't pay VAT+CLO and other fees for extra storing package?
Xialla
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:02:54 PM

blackarrow,

could you please explain me, why you describe the package as "lancelot" on not as "sample of motherboard" as before? because officers know what is motherboard but don't know what is lancelot, i have got clearance event and must pay VAT+CLO and other fees for extra storing package, etc.

if describe as motherboard you don't pay VAT+CLO and other fees for extra storing package?

yes, because officers usually knows, that motherboard is something like green board with few chips related to computer hardware and don't care about rest. they just need to known something..

but lancelot? wtf is this? nobody except bitcoin community knows it, and THIS IS the reason, why they stop the package during clearance process. they need explanation and once this occurs, package will stuck somewhere on the airport for couple of days and you have to call them, explain them everything, sign some docs, declare the price and other shit around it. and of course, pay lot of various fees..

SO

blackarrow please, if it is possible, describe you package little bit better and SMARTER then "lancelot". with "sample of motherboard" or "computer parts" will be not an issue at all.
elchorizo

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:15:46 PM

In all honesty this description is accurate and should help customs officers:

Motherboard PCB / Field Programmable Gate Array for testing purposes.

Xialla
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:18:42 PM

In all honesty this description is accurate and should help customs officers:

Motherboard PCB / Field Programmable Gate Array for testing purposes.

yes sure, 100% agreed, this is fine and I'm pretty sure that it will go through clearance process without any problems.
tidus_13

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:22:39 PM

blackarrow,

yes, because officers usually knows, that motherboard is something like green board with few chips related to computer hardware and don't care about rest. they just need to known something..

but lancelot? wtf is this? nobody except bitcoin community knows it, and THIS IS the reason, why they stop the package during clearance process. they need explanation and once this occurs, package will stuck somewhere on the airport for couple of days and you have to call them, explain them everything, sign some docs, declare the price and other shit around it. and of course, pay lot of various fees..

SO

blackarrow please, if it is possible, describe you package little bit better and SMARTER then "lancelot". with "sample of motherboard" or "computer parts" will be not an issue at all.

blackarrow should call them and say it was a gift  Wink and no more fees, and explain that was a motherboard...
Xialla
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:29:25 PM

blackarrow should call them and say it was a gift  Wink and no more fees, and explain that was a motherboard...

yes, but here in Czech Republic (Europe) not all custom officers are brainless idiots and once you told them, if is a gift, then they will ask to for statement of bank account. if you will not show them this statement, they should contact bank directly and get the statement due to clearance process.

gift from hong kong? cmoon, maybe before 10 years.)))

there are just 2 ways:

*they will accept the description and value declaration and you will pay nothing

*they will catch it for ANY reason - you will definitely pay

tidus_13

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:03:49 PM

blackarrow should call them and say it was a gift  Wink and no more fees, and explain that was a motherboard...

yes, but here in Czech Republic (Europe) not all custom officers are brainless idiots and once you told them, if is a gift, then they will ask to for statement of bank account. if you will not show them this statement, they should contact bank directly and get the statement due to clearance process.

there are just 2 ways:

*they will accept the description and value declaration and you will pay nothing

wait there is a value declaration of 275-350$ ? and if they accept that price you dont need to pay VAT ? In my country you have to pay all VAT and taxes if you declarate as a XX price.
Xialla
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:10:56 PM

there are just 2 ways:

wait there is a value declaration of 275-350$ ? and if they accept that price you dont need to pay VAT ? In my country you have to pay all VAT and taxes if you declarate as a XX price.

don't know what is declared value of the package, officers don't told me this, but it doesn't matter. once they will catch the package with really smart "lancelot" description, YOU HAVE TO prove real price of the package..at this point you should lie or tell them whole truth. otherwise, if they catch, that you are lying, you will come to serious troubles here. (this is, how it works in Czech rep. maybe in other countries it works different..)
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:42:58 PM

So, all 3 of them contributed to both projects Smiley
Somewhat incorrect.
We don't get (or want) any code from Luke-Jr (hardly got anything from him for a VERY long time)
However, every release he has, he copies a lot of our new code to his clone.
Simply look at the commits in his git and ckolvias git.

The last big piece of code he submitted to cgminer was the MMQ driver last year ... which didn't actually even work.
He never sent the pull requests that completed it - which is why I ended up rewriting it in cgminer.

Here's where he cloned cgminer and changed the donation address from ckolivas to himself:
https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/commit/b9df56511c7bd1a2e1f075e9c184c1a4b0f1ba20

Until the addition of the ASIC code, even his "BFL FPGA" driver - the driver that he goes on about being his masterpiece, he has less than 50% of the code in it in his git until the recent ASIC update.
e.g. back on 25-Jan the below command gave him only 34% of the driver-bitforce.c code written by him.
git blame driver-bitforce.c | perl -n -e '/\s\((.*?)\s[0-9]{4}/ && print "$1\n"' | sort -f | uniq -c -w3
Code:
     11 ckolivas     
    180 Con Kolivas  
     61 Kano        
    222 Luke Dashjr  
    169 Paul Sheppard
      5 Xiangfu
(The above numbers have of course recently changed since he added his ASIC code into the same file)

However, in the master git right now it is now even more interesting (the ASIC code is in a separate driver in cgminer)
Code:
      9 ckolivas      
    173 Con Kolivas   
      5 James Z.M. Gao
    393 Kano         
     96 Luke Dashjr   
     98 Paul Sheppard

Though, that isn't as reliable as one would hope since for example not long ago he edited my API-README and changed the line breaks on 200 lines of it so it now says he wrote 200 lines of my API documentation.
He has also taken some of my code from cgminer and made claim to writing it or not put my name in the header whereas it was originally.

A simple example of the stupidity by him is visible in your post.
When he added himself originally to the AUTHORS file, after I was already in there, he decided he should add himself above my name Tongue
https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/commit/9e40e87a1ed1003734a3aae114f7d1ac0643469d#AUTHORS

Also, as for my name in there, I used to have API+ next to my name (since I wrote the API and have written a lot of other code in there)
Oddly he decided to remove the plus and not add any of the other things I have done.
As an example, in his git right now, more of the Icarus code is written by me 45% (more than anyone else including him)
The php web code is written by me - and simply check even recent commits for code written by me all through his clone.

Or to be more specific:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78192.msg1467026#msg1467026

So yes your comment is actually very unreliable.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 05:49:06 PM

We apologize kano.

dwaynep

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 06:05:10 PM

Interesting history lesson.  I had no idea about any of that.  I am loving me some cgminer, glad I am with the legit dev team.  Right now I am just nervous about being able to get my first two Lancelots working with my power supply on my raspberry pi.  Windows+GPUs is no problem, but I am just a linux dabbler.

Oh and my 2 were just picked up in Hong Kong!  Can't wait.

D
elchorizo

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 06:07:07 PM

Interesting history lesson.  I had no idea about any of that.  I am loving me some cgminer, glad I am with the legit dev team.  Right now I am just nervous about being able to get my first two Lancelots working with my power supply on my raspberry pi.  Windows+GPUs is no problem, but I am just a linux dabbler.

Oh and my 2 were just picked up in Hong Kong!  Can't wait.

D

Dwayne,

I'm sure we can help you. I'd be happy to help you get them up and running. I'm running mine on an RPI right now without any issues whatsoever (distro is Raspbian).

And I agree with Kano and ckolivas -- the bfgminer is nothing more then cgminer ripped off with the name changed. Its actually quite a shame that Luke feels he can get away with this.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: