Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 12:24:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy] Avalon ASIC Chips (SebastianJu) Batch 6 ordered (Closed)  (Read 125067 times)
imaclick

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:12:13 PM

Batch 3 Orderstatus (Open):

Quote from: Orderstatus
IDChipsBTCAddressNotice
1484,12813sEkqAi9SBjLHnXaP6tDYXLbFMd9qf822 (User Unverified)
279067,941DB3xemeHUhD98spZZdi6A19WAqDAgPCCa
31008,61DjJtFeU8nyrLq8BJ6JwBg3gfkVnukevio
4100,86148fzQn8sHVALyze85uGBYbiZcym91Bo9H (User Unverified)
511710,0621J37WfTz82R6rtrTdWUXYQYYKJcAzjhAds

Sum:   1065 Chips/ 8935 open

I just don't quite understand about something about these orders, some ppl are ordering chips but not in 10 chips incremental, my understanding is the design is 10 chip/20chip PCB, so is the design actually flexible or we'll need to order  some extra in case some chips don't work?
OtaconEmmerich

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:02:49 PM

burnin isn't the only guy designing boards, Also don't forget about the USB Miners.
Schrankwand

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:03:30 PM

IDChipsBTCAddressNotice

I just don't quite understand about something about these orders, some ppl are ordering chips but not in 10 chips incremental, my understanding is the design is 10 chip/20chip PCB, so is the design actually flexible or we'll need to order  some extra in case some chips don't work?

Some people think about using different designs. There are 1, 8, 10, 16, 20, 32, 64, 256 and 384 chip designs running in the wild right now i can tell right now from my head. I think the 20 is good for most people and the 64 and 256 are for people that bought thousands of chips Cheesy
imaclick

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:20:37 PM

IDChipsBTCAddressNotice

Some people think about using different designs. There are 1, 8, 10, 16, 20, 32, 64, 256 and 384 chip designs running in the wild right now i can tell right now from my head. I think the 20 is good for most people and the 64 and 256 are for people that bought thousands of chips Cheesy

OK, good to know we still got other options, thanks for the explanations :-)
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 06:25:26 PM

Yes, there are even designs for 1 chip only... if you want to check out... i made a table with all the developers or assemblers i know... the link is in my sig...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
krasnolud

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 09:50:59 AM

We have the second batch ordered... i will post the table soon:

Code:
Order 	Date 	        Status 	        Total 	 
#10281 May 18, 2013 On-hold ฿782.10 for 1 item
What does the "On-hold" status exactly mean in this case?

And is this order still "On-hold"?
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 10:16:10 AM

We have the second batch ordered... i will post the table soon:

Code:
Order 	Date 	        Status 	        Total 	 
#10281 May 18, 2013 On-hold ฿782.10 for 1 item
What does the "On-hold" status exactly mean in this case?

And is this order still "On-hold"?

Yes, the order is still on hold. Its strange because the first batch went to processing in minutes. Im not sure what on-hold means now. Maybe they need to approve it only or it goes to processing when they order the chips at foundry? Anyway... the payment is through long time.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 10:33:01 AM

There are news about the sample chips. They arent shipped yet but there are news coming from bitcoin conference:

At Bitcoin 2013, Yifu said they will ship the sample chips (30 pieces per order of 10k) by the end of May.

Thats good news. The samples are per batch and not a few only.

We now have to find out how to spread these chips. Zefir has a good plan i would like to follow too. 30 chips per 10K means each user ordering 334 chips or multiple of that has the right for one chip per 334 chips ordered in that batch. Someone with at least 334 can get 1 chip, someone with 668 can get 2 chips and so on.

Because it doesnt make sense to own a sample chip when you dont want to develop a miner one can donate his chips.

I will send everyone a pm that has the right for one chip. You can answer then what you want to do with it. Own it or offer it to a dev.

If you want to get it for yourself you have to pay the shipping cost + $5 for packaging. I will pay the shipment for everyone that creates a miner not only for itself but for others too. That are the devs in my sig. I think only the devs that create for others, not the ones that only want to sell miners completely with their own bought chips. They dont need the samples because they should get their own.

For a list of miner developers check out my sig. And another dev asked me per pm for chips. Ill send him a pm so he can post here in thread.

All remaining chips i will send to the devs in my sig automatically.

Please let me know if you think thats a good way before i start sending out pms.

kong2029

Activity: 59

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:48:28 AM

There are news about the sample chips. They arent shipped yet but there are news coming from bitcoin conference:

At Bitcoin 2013, Yifu said they will ship the sample chips (30 pieces per order of 10k) by the end of May.

We now have to find out how to spread these chips. Zefir has a good plan i would like to follow too. 30 chips per 10K means each user ordering 334 chips or multiple of that has the right for one chip per 334 chips ordered in that batch. Someone with at least 334 can get 1 chip, someone with 668 can get 2 chips and so on.

Because it doesnt make sense to own a sample chip when you dont want to develop a miner one can donate his chips.

I will send everyone a pm that has the right for one chip. You can answer then what you want to do with it. Own it or offer it to a dev.

If you want to get it for yourself you have to pay the shipping cost + $5 for packaging. I will pay the shipment for everyone that creates a miner not only for itself but for others too. That are the devs in my sig. I think only the devs that create for others, not the ones that only want to sell miners completely with their own bought chips. They dont need the samples because they should get their own.

For a list of miner developers check out my sig. And another dev asked me per pm for chips. Ill send him a pm so he can post here in thread.

Please let me know if you think thats a good way before i start sending out pms.

Sebastian,

I was thinking another way you could do this is give anyone that has ordered over 334 chips or multiples thereof the number of chips they qualify for and then take all the chips that cannot be allocated, due to smaller order sizes, and send those to developers. 

My count of batch 2 was that 11 chips would go to larger orderers and 19 could go to developers.  30 chips is actually quite a lot so I'm not sure why we need to give so many away for free.  Between your orders, Zefir's, and another I know of there are at least 300 sample chips coming along. 
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 11:12:45 AM

Sebastian,

I was thinking another way you could do this is give anyone that has ordered over 334 chips or multiples thereof the number of chips they qualify for and then take all the chips that cannot be allocated, due to smaller order sizes, and send those to developers. 

My count of batch 2 was that 11 chips would go to larger orderers and 19 could go to developers.  30 chips is actually quite a lot so I'm not sure why we need to give so many away for free.  Between your orders, Zefir's, and another I know of there are at least 300 sample chips coming along. 

The first paragraph is what i wanted to do. The second paragraph... yes, the devs would get some chips... but there are a good chunk of devs too. Plus when they want to test a 16chip board completely or a 20chip board it would be best to have all needed chips.
On the other hand... when restricting the amount of chips sent to devs what would you do with the remaining ones?

kong2029

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:08:57 PM

The first paragraph is what i wanted to do. The second paragraph... yes, the devs would get some chips... but there are a good chunk of devs too. Plus when they want to test a 16chip board completely or a 20chip board it would be best to have all needed chips.
On the other hand... when restricting the amount of chips sent to devs what would you do with the remaining ones?

What I'm saying is give the integer amount to large orderers because they can expect some non-zero failure rate and the extra chip or two may come in handy as a replacement.  Then give the rest to developers.

I am assuming in this that the developers are getting enough chips to build and test by way of other chip buys as well- an assumption that may be totally incorrect.  Do you know what Zefir is doing with the sample chips from his buys? 

It's just a thought.  If everyone else is donating their full amount and keeping some back would amount to us freeriding then perhaps we should give them all.  On the other hand if only a portion of the other sample chips are going to devs and the devs have enough, then maybe we should hold some back.

In any case, I leave it to your decision.  You are much more on top of the bigger picture here than I am so I do trust your judgement.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 12:43:41 PM

What I'm saying is give the integer amount to large orderers because they can expect some non-zero failure rate and the extra chip or two may come in handy as a replacement.  Then give the rest to developers.

I am assuming in this that the developers are getting enough chips to build and test by way of other chip buys as well- an assumption that may be totally incorrect.  Do you know what Zefir is doing with the sample chips from his buys? 

It's just a thought.  If everyone else is donating their full amount and keeping some back would amount to us freeriding then perhaps we should give them all.  On the other hand if only a portion of the other sample chips are going to devs and the devs have enough, then maybe we should hold some back.

In any case, I leave it to your decision.  You are much more on top of the bigger picture here than I am so I do trust your judgement.

Zefir is having the same plan i described at the moment. Only difference is that the devs has to ask for chips. I plan to ask the devs if they want some.

But i wonder... i already wrote that the big orderers can get a chip. >=334 chips. So im wondering whats the difference to what you are saying. If a big orderer wants to get the chip for itself he can. The chips from that orderer only goes to a dev if the orderer wishes so.

Even if we limit the chips that go out, what to do with it? The chips that are sent out in the 10k batch are checked and working according to avalon. And if a chip is faulty only can be found once its put into a miner.

So when i understand you correctly you would prefer to keep some chips... but what to do with them then?

CumpsD

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:09:29 PM

Do the devs actually have enough chips? Like burnin, does he have 20 to test his board?

If they don't, that means we'll have to wait till final chip delivery before they can test if it works. Lots of wasted time?

I prefer their board designs to work before all chips arrive
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 01:18:45 PM

Do the devs actually have enough chips? Like burnin, does he have 20 to test his board?

If they don't, that means we'll have to wait till final chip delivery before they can test if it works. Lots of wasted time?

I prefer their board designs to work before all chips arrive

The samples arent sent out yet. So no developer has chips for testing at the moment. Once the samples are sent out it would be good to know where they go because the devs should develop the miner as fast as possible to have them ready once the real batches come in. So im with you at this point. Now the question is only where the orderers, that could get a chip, want these chips to. For themselves or to a dev...

kong2029

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:36:17 PM

Zefir is having the same plan i described at the moment. Only difference is that the devs has to ask for chips. I plan to ask the devs if they want some.

But i wonder... i already wrote that the big orderers can get a chip. >=334 chips. So im wondering whats the difference to what you are saying. If a big orderer wants to get the chip for itself he can. The chips from that orderer only goes to a dev if the orderer wishes so.

Even if we limit the chips that go out, what to do with it? The chips that are sent out in the 10k batch are checked and working according to avalon. And if a chip is faulty only can be found once its put into a miner.

So when i understand you correctly you would prefer to keep some chips... but what to do with them then?

The only thing different from what you said would be to hold the chips for the large orderers rather than shipping them individually so that they can be lumped in with their order.  But effectively, it is the same as what you're saying.  I think I misread your original post- sorry, I'm operating on basically no sleep for the last 3 days. 
szym00

Activity: 74

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:37:09 PM

Sebastian, here are my thoughts:

- send at least 1 chip for each of PCB creators like BkkCoins or burnin
- the rest should be taken by people who also has a plan to build the miner by them self (without sending chips to BkkCoins or burnin - because of some reasons like time consuming)
- maybe there should be a list of people who are also engineers and who are waiting for chips and documentation which would help to build their miner (I am one of them, I want to buil my miner by myself)
- it would be great if those peopel get this chip and try to make not independend from BkkCoins' or burnin's project (more projects bigger change on success)
- if after above handing-out some chips left in your hand, send them to the PCB creators (like BkkCoins, ...) to improve their already started projects

P.S. What about the documentation? Will it be there too (with those samples)?

That is all Smiley
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 01:58:44 PM

The only thing different from what you said would be to hold the chips for the large orderers rather than shipping them individually so that they can be lumped in with their order.  But effectively, it is the same as what you're saying.  I think I misread your original post- sorry, I'm operating on basically no sleep for the last 3 days. 

Wink Ok... i think it will be possible for the big orderers to keep the chips with me until the real batch arrives. Option 2, i send it as soon as possible, or 3 i send it to a dev of their choice...

Sebastian, here are my thoughts:

- send at least 1 chip for each of PCB creators like BkkCoins or burnin
- the rest should be taken by people who also has a plan to build the miner by them self (without sending chips to BkkCoins or burnin - because of some reasons like time consuming)
- maybe there should be a list of people who are also engineers and who are waiting for chips and documentation which would help to build their miner (I am one of them, I want to buil my miner by myself)
- it would be great if those peopel get this chip and try to make not independend from BkkCoins' or burnin's project (more projects bigger change on success)
- if after above handing-out some chips left in your hand, send them to the PCB creators (like BkkCoins, ...) to improve their already started projects

P.S. What about the documentation? Will it be there too (with those samples)?

That is all Smiley

I guess 1 chip will be a help of course. I know bkkcoins miner can run with one chip only, even though 16 have space. But i believe other miners dont work this way.

Your second point could be done the way that these devs write a note here in the post so they can get a chip donated from someone. Im not sure if i should give one out to everyone who claims so because at the end everyone could claim it to have a free chip. So who should get a chip then? It would be easy to say if the devs wouldnt use the design only for themselves so that other have something from sending them a chip...

I have a list of devs and assemblers in my sig. Of course they dont only work for themselves.

The documentation is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200668.0

Doesnt sound so very different to what i said? I only dont know if to give chips to someone that only claims he will create a miner for himself because no one has something from him having a miner. And it could be that he doesnt have a miner at all and only wants to get a free chip.

szym00

Activity: 74

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:56:08 PM

Maybe I will repeate it but will those 30 chips come soon, before the first Batch or with it?
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 03:59:13 PM

Maybe I will repeate it but will those 30 chips come soon, before the first Batch or with it?

Sorry if i missed the question... yufi said the chips will be sent out late may, so they will come before first batch for sure... they are for creating miners, so that developers can test if their miner design works beforehand...

alfabitcoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:00:29 PM

Sample chip will come before the batches, what woul be a point of the sample if thry arrive with the batch?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: