Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:34:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy] Avalon ASIC Chips (SebastianJu) Batch 6 ordered (Closed)  (Read 125018 times)
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 06:35:37 PM

Something is definitely wrong with batch 2. Sad

This order is 36 position after our batch 2 and its status is already "processing":

Order #10317 made on May 22, 2013. Order status: processing.

Source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=189582.msg2236233#msg2236233

it seems that way, looks like all other chip order went to this address, and their are worth 70 orders of BTC sitting their!

Code:
1FGAftzSTztFSB8LMwsrdCKTyqGY6zr3sU 

but batch2 order went to a different address:

Code:
1ECoeDfK79CNm1Mzx6NMMkZrHVocwNg6Sp 

might be their payment system glitch?

The first address is a change address only... the second one is the payment address i should pay too... wait a moment i will make a screenshot of the payment page...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 06:41:21 PM

Thats the thanks page i got and the address i paid to:

Looks correct to me, am i missing something?

alfabitcoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 06:44:57 PM

Its out of your control sebastian. I am sure avalon is aware of it.
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 06:46:11 PM

EMS & Germany Shocked  Shocked

google: "EMS GDSK"

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 06:55:14 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2013, 07:10:15 PM by SebastianJu

Its out of your control sebastian. I am sure avalon is aware of it.

I hope so...

EMS  Shocked  Shocked

Hm... i have read different experiences of receivers of avalon miners with both shipping services. Some found the one is better, some found the other is better. And some said that avalon used DHL even though they wanted EMS.

I now sent an answer to the confirmation email from avalon for the second batch. I think the chance for answer is slim... its poor that the support practically doesnt exist...
You think the chance for an answer is rising when i open a extra thread in custom hardware?

yxt
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 07:00:32 PM

depends on delivery area.
Googled?
No, I think not. There are plenty of other non-answer threads

des kommt von den 2 threads  Cheesy

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 07:06:52 PM

Googled?

des kommt von den 2 threads  Cheesy

*lol* Ill fix it...
Regarding EMS... i used it judging from the experiences of avalon miner receivers. If its better to use DHL then ill try to change this.

Meint ihr die Chance auf Antwort erhöht sich wenn ich einen Extra-Thread im custom hardware forum aufmache?

Yes, open another thread

Crazy that a company is able to accept $100,000 but give no customer service.

Its a bit strange indeed... they deliver... but not speaking with customers to solve problems is a bit hard...

imaclick

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 07:13:14 PM

Googled?

des kommt von den 2 threads  Cheesy

*lol* Ill fix it...
Regarding EMS... i used it judging from the experiences of avalon miner receivers. If its better to use DHL then ill try to change this.

Meint ihr die Chance auf Antwort erhöht sich wenn ich einen Extra-Thread im custom hardware forum aufmache?

Yes, open another thread

Its a bit strange indeed... they deliver... but not speaking with customers to solve problems is a bit hard...

Considering they are the only *real* asic seller on the market, they can do whatever they want Undecided
yxt
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 07:13:29 PM

ill try to change this.

lol... no bullshit fine print.... good luck Wink

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
krasnolud

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 07:24:08 PM

I thought they were not providing any technical support - but hello, no sales communication at all?
Schrankwand

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 07:38:46 PM

EMS & Germany Shocked  Shocked

Kein Problem. Mitnehmen, dann direkt zum Anwalt, Abmahnung wegen Verbraucher Täuschung.
CumpsD

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 07:41:06 PM

The question thread to Avalon: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=213272.0
allten

Activity: 455

You Don't Bitcoin 'till You Mint Coin

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 09:26:46 PM

Regarding the sample chips. The actual status of distribution is:

Batch 1 - 30 samples

3 burnin
3 flyonwall
2 BKKCoins + 4 wished
2 ryepdx
2 allten
2 evilscoop
2 terrahash
2 daemondazz
2 innovina

6 still open because the feedback of groupbuyers still missing

Batch 2 - 30 samples

3 burnin + 1 wished
3 flyonwall
3 BKKCoins
2 ryepdx
2 allten
2 evilscoop
2 terrahash
2 daemondazz
2 innovina

5 still open because the feedback of groupbuyers still missing
3 for use of entitled groupbuyers

When more developers and assemblers are coming and describe what use their project will have for the community and one can see (not absolutely me) that they know what they are talking about (so they dont want a chip for free only), more can be entitled to get a chip. There were already some users in the thread that wrote they want one and one wrote me via pm. Only missing is a description in the thread.

By the way... i will ask the devs if they will need so many chips anyway. Unnecessary many chips dont make sense... so some other dev/assembler can be happy... Smiley

Wow, been digging around today to make sure I had some chips in hand when the PCBs came in and you already had us taken care of.
Thank You! Two is good, more would be helpful, but beggars can't be choosers.
Roy Badami

Activity: 563
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:24:33 PM

Personally I trust couriers like DHL or Fedex above EMS - but that's not based on any particular rational evidence, I'll admit - just gut feeling.  (And I have *zero* knowledge about shipping to/from countries outside of Western Europe and North America)

EMS is the Express Mail Service - a cooperative owned by national postal services.  The normal process would be that the package will be handled by the sending country's postal service, then handed over to the EMS cooperative for internaional shipment, and finally handed over to the national postal service in the destination country.

With a service like DHL you'd normally expect the package would remain with DHL from collection to delivery (although in China, who knows).

Since EMS shipments actually involve three organisations (EMS plus two national postal services) it will depend to a large part on how good (or bad) the national postal services are in sending and receiving countries; so Avalon EMS experiences may well vary widely depending on the country of the recipient.

roy
CumpsD

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:27:31 PM

DHL from Germany -> Belgium sometimes transfer to local postal service as well.

I just got a package this week which came from DHL in Germany, and got switched over to bpost in Belgium.

However, it's the first time I got this, normally it always stays with DHL till the end, maybe it was sent with a cheaper version this time
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 10:34:23 PM

Sounds like i should chose DHL for the next batch... though i doubt, because of lack of communication, that i can change EMS from last batches to DHL... i now tend to do it if possible even though its only a slight, felt, advantage...

daemondazz

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 11:18:25 PM

Wow, been digging around today to make sure I had some chips in hand when the PCBs came in and you already had us taken care of.

Yes, I want to second this - one of my colleagues has ordered from your batch 2 so I was following this thread to track the progress of his order and got a very nice suprise when I saw your sample distribution list. I hadn't asked for any so wasn't expecting any.

THANK YOU!

One question, you have 2 listed under both batch 1 and batch 2, is that 4 in total?

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 11:26:21 PM

Yes, I want to second this - one of my colleagues has ordered from your batch 2 so I was following this thread to track the progress of his order and got a very nice suprise when I saw your sample distribution list. I hadn't asked for any so wasn't expecting any.

THANK YOU!

One question, you have 2 listed under both batch 1 and batch 2, is that 4 in total?

Its the current distribution divided per batch. Each batch gets 30 samples. So yes, it can be 4 in total... if not a big number of other devs come new to it that want a chip too and of course only if they are needed. Otherwise other devs will be happy... Smiley
The chips are spread through the ones that create some value for the community and need chips for this.

daemondazz

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 11:59:28 PM

Well, at the risk of polluting the thread, thanks again Smiley

{goes back to lurking mode}

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
bcdev

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:16:57 AM

I'd like to apply for one [1] single (or 2 :->) chips from Avalon test batch.
I'm planning to make an open-source design for a miner that could be made at home.

What'd be so special about my project?
Simplicity - especially designed to be made at home

Use of development board Texas Instrument Stellaris Launchpad [or compatible version http://www.ti.com/ww/en/launchpad/tiva_c_head.html?DCMP=tivac-series&HQS=tivac-launchpad-b] - this will take a lot of complexity from the board - programmer, USB as well as [possibly] 32Mhz clock.
PCB's that are 2 sided [or 2 sides + 1 layer - they can be made at home], that could be etched using photosensitive spray [or even laser printer if someone can make small enough tracks reliably].
Common components, not some strange chips that must be ordered from china.

I plan on making a 16 chip version, this uC should handle that without problems. However scaling down won't be a problem.

What will you get in return?
Both PCB's and firmware will be distributed in open-source fashion. So if you like to make homemade devices [or just have a know-how, but don't want to pay anyone to build it] the design will be available well before the start.

Note: I still plan on making a design and open-sourcing it even if I'll don't get the chips. Just the designs will be available few months later :-)
Note2: I don't have any plans yet for making the miners for other people. I might consider it after I make a batch for myself. [knowing the costs, timeframe, etc.]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: