Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 08:46:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy] Avalon ASIC Chips (SebastianJu) Batch 6 ordered (Closed)  (Read 125067 times)
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 10:42:06 AM

Strange... but at least a couple of devs got back and said they arrived. I sent out more chips today and will make the pm ready now.

The tracking number at deutsche post shows it was handed off International on the 14th. It can take 10 or so business days from Europe, so I'm not stressing just yet.

Ok... i didnt ship many items internationally so i thought it will be faster. But as long as it reaches in a good enough timeframe... Smiley

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
souliouz

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 09:59:18 PM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5dnr6rt4vagl0b8/90gh-august.png
added a chart, calculations done on 9% increase each retarget, earnins for a 90gh miner
Cool,
What tool or website are you using for generating this?
svetliopi44

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 07:02:55 AM

I want to thank my colleague  ujka . But are these 9% accurate? In my experience the difficulty increases by more than 20% of any further increase.
Please tell me where miscount, but my calculations that comes after five months would be pointless to have such a machine of 320 chips.
Please discuss, I'm new in this area and obviously wrong somewhere.
Thank you.
Sorry  for bad english.

svetliopi44

Activity: 173

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:03:07 AM

Thanks for your time.
Stop to prevent spam topic the author.

szym00

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:31:50 AM

I have received my first sample chip, so thank you Sebastian. It looks that everything goes in the right direction! Smiley
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 12:14:54 PM

Thanks for telling. I hope you make good use of it... Smiley

Schrankwand

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:21:05 PM

I want to thank my colleague  ujka . But are these 9% accurate? In my experience the difficulty increases by more than 20% of any further increase.
Please tell me where miscount, but my calculations that comes after five months would be pointless to have such a machine of 320 chips.
Please discuss, I'm new in this area and obviously wrong somewhere.
Thank you.
Sorry  for bad english.

It is completely useless, from my personal understanding, to use any constant percentage increase. It is more interesting to calculate a certain total hashrate that is probable from all existing source of Bitcoin mining power and from there create a certain target difficulty.

When the avalon Chips hit. You will see a few more 25% increases, but from then, even BFL shipping hardcore will not make many of these increases, since we are talking a compounding interest system.

20% for 12 months would mean 1,2^12, coming up to an increase of 8 times current network power. Yes, that is possible, but at first unlikely. The 5 months calculation would yield an increase to 250% of current network power. This is absolutely what is going to happen, in comparison.

From then on, further 20% increases are becoming more and more unlikely because of their sheer magnitude.
The more hashing power the network gets, the more stable it becomes. Right now, something like this can happen. But soon, these increases will need incredibly disruptive new technologies.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 08:49:37 PM

Just to inform you: I sent 2 samples to strombom and his project since he didnt get samples from zefir yet.

idee2013

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:15:05 PM

Have to sell my avalon chips from batch 1 and 2 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=242267
lawnmoverman

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 01:03:01 AM

<lawnmoverman>; <17>; <1.462>; <1NLHTKFVrLEursfqYxcxGxqEiRGTeCiG7E>
daemondazz

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 04:22:02 AM

First sample chip arrived today - well, at least I'm assuming it is, the wife sent a photo of a Deutsch Post parcel and I'm not expecting anything else from Germany!

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 04:37:27 PM

First sample chip arrived today - well, at least I'm assuming it is, the wife sent a photo of a Deutsch Post parcel and I'm not expecting anything else from Germany!

I hope you can make good use of it... :9

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 06:28:56 PM

Look at this info from Bitsyncom/Yifu:

was wondering how long it'd take people to notice ( and more importantly share the constant that we've released on github.)

the number you are all aiming for is 450 Tongue of course, that's not really possible on just air cooling.

He is saying that avalon chips have a clockcap at 450MHz. They now run at 282MHz. That means overclocking potential of 62.6666%.

I calculated before, the Jupiter Miner of KNCMiners cost around the half of the price you would pay when buying Avalon Asic Chips and buy the assembly for them. At least the cost per GH.

Now burnin and BKKCoins are both trying to revise their design to use this overclocking capabilities. That means... even when KNCMiner, or Bitfury, that has similar prices per GH like kncminer, are cheaper now their advantage is gone completely. At least when taking into account that their miners are delivered months after the chip-avalons are mining already. BFL's credits arent worth anything anymore in my opionion too.

Even when i thought a moment about if it would be wise to invest in KNCMiner i dont think so now anymore. Of course the chips of kncminer, bitfury or bfl has to show their overclocking potential too.

But i find it funny that the old technique, that is used by Asicminer or Avalon is nearly as good pricewise like the newest asic-tech that comes on the market.

Only some thoughts. Correct me if im wrong.

ujka

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 07:07:43 PM

450 Mh will need some elaborate cooling, but yes, I agree that those chips have great potential, even compared to some newer chips (promised chips Wink
Especially for DIY people that want (need) to fiddle with hadrware. I don't see where is the fun in buying one of those 'black box' miners? For quick protif only?
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 07:27:02 PM

450 Mh will need some elaborate cooling, but yes, I agree that those chips have great potential, even compared to some newer chips (promised chips Wink
Especially for DIY people that want (need) to fiddle with hadrware. I don't see where is the fun in buying one of those 'black box' miners? For quick protif only?

I wonder what cooling it needs. Its not a gpu that is running at high heat anyway, its a complete new type of chip whose overclocking capabilities isnt tested yet really. So i can imagine that it might be even possible with proper airflow and heatsink to cool it down good enough. I mean didnt someone post fotos in the forum that the heatsink from avalon miners doesnt even has contact with most of the asic-chip-vias? That means these chips arent even cooled by the heatsink. So i guess the new designs could hold some surprises...

ajas

Activity: 130
Merit: 58

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 07:56:02 PM

But i find it funny that the old technique, that is used by Asicminer or Avalon is nearly as good pricewise like the newest asic-tech that comes on the market.

KNCMiner says:        500 W  175    GH/s   that means:   2.86 J/GH
Burnin/Avalon says:    40 W   5.56  GH/s   that means:   7.19 J/GH

So on the long term, when difficulty increases and power requirements count, the new techniques should be better.

But nobody knows if KNCMiner meets its power requirements or will ever deliver.
However we are pretty sure that we will get something from Burnin/Avalon in time.

All ASIC developers (AVALON, BFL, KNCMiner) try to sell their products at prices as high as they can.
Much more than the actual costs.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 08:30:56 PM

So on the long term, when difficulty increases and power requirements count, the new techniques should be better.

However we are pretty sure that we will get something from Burnin/Avalon in time.

All ASIC developers (AVALON, BFL, KNCMiner) try to sell their products at prices as high as they can.

I didnt take the power consumption into account yet because its not a factor yet. But youre right of course. In the long term, when the power cost will mean something, then it will be a factor.

Dasneko

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:50:40 PM

I didnt take the power consumption into account yet because its not a factor yet. But youre right of course. In the long term, when the power cost will mean something, then it will be a factor.
Avalon 2.0?
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 09:55:44 PM

Avalon 2.0?

I guess avalon 2.0 will be similar to the chips from knc, bitfury and bfl. That means it will take time until they are ready. An advantage of them is that the assembly cost will be lower per gh too, a downside might be the higher heat if im not mistaken. But of course one day newer chips has to be used because the power costs are so high that running old asics isnt rewarding anymore. But thats away some time.

Dasneko

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:04:16 PM

Avalon 2.0?

I guess avalon 2.0 will be similar to the chips from knc, bitfury and bfl. That means it will take time until they are ready. An advantage of them is that the assembly cost will be lower per gh too, a downside might be the higher heat if im not mistaken. But of course one day newer chips has to be used because the power costs are so high that running old asics isnt rewarding anymore. But thats away some time.
Would be a shame to have to use a fan to cool. Could imagine it giving a large price increase for power consumption. Would be allot sweeter to have a chip that is comfortable working at high temperatures period.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: