Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:12:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy] Avalon ASIC Chips (SebastianJu) Batch 6 ordered (Closed)  (Read 125030 times)
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 10:14:45 PM

The only thing i can do is wait, hope that he keeps his promise to solve the batch tickets before they ship and then keep away from avalon as long as yifu dont make his mind regarding support. But when i read that zefir tells me that bitfury stopped support too, right after he ordered, im not really happy about this all. It looks like its a really hard time for customers.

Just don't get nervous, we all considered this may happen, and were fully aware of it when we jumped in your group buys. It's not your fault. This is a high risk game, and we can all do nothing but wait.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 10:29:17 PM

The only thing i can do is wait, hope that he keeps his promise to solve the batch tickets before they ship and then keep away from avalon as long as yifu dont make his mind regarding support. But when i read that zefir tells me that bitfury stopped support too, right after he ordered, im not really happy about this all. It looks like its a really hard time for customers.

Just don't get nervous, we all considered this may happen, and were fully aware of it when we jumped in your group buys. It's not your fault. This is a high risk game, and we can all do nothing but wait.

I dont pressure myself because of the time, even though its not cool seeing the difficulty rise. Im only angry about yifu's behaviour. I mean instead solving my small request he prefers to explicitly tell me that there will be limited support because the team is so small and... that this wont change. So he prefers to get calls day in day out, tickets en masse and this only because customers have pressing problems that needs to be solved. I doubt it helps him to work. But whatever... i wont change him... i will avoid him instead as soon as possible... and exhale Wink

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 10:53:58 PM

I dont pressure myself because of the time, even though its not cool seeing the difficulty rise. Im only angry about yifu's behaviour. I mean instead solving my small request he prefers to explicitly tell me that there will be limited support because the team is so small and... that this wont change. So he prefers to get calls day in day out, tickets en masse and this only because customers have pressing problems that needs to be solved. I doubt it helps him to work. But whatever... i wont change him... i will avoid him instead as soon as possible... and exhale Wink

This small team excuse is plain bullshit. He has very small number of customers (you, Zefir, steamboat, etc), which can be counted on fingers on one hand, who organized multiple group buys for him. He can't treat you guys as if you bought few Avalon machines. You for instance, you've sent him 782.1 * 5 + 470 = 4380.5 BTC. In dollars that would be ≈ US$ 438.000, and if somebody would send me close to 0.5 mil US$ I would have special phone number for him to call me, and special email address so his mail wouldn't go unnoticed. There should not be any team member you should contact, you should have access to the highest level. The fact Yifu doesn't see it that way speaks volumes of him.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 11:02:20 AM

I agree itod... Yifu once stated that he dont like to do support, he prefers to develop hardware. But thats only a reason to hire someone, not to stop support. Now Yifu has problems with the batch 3 miners and probably donates all time into the problems.
I guess its useless to think about this... Smiley

tiros

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Just another miner

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 02:20:40 PM

I agree itod... Yifu once stated that he dont like to do support, he prefers to develop hardware. But thats only a reason to hire someone, not to stop support. Now Yifu has problems with the batch 3 miners and probably donates all time into the problems.

Maybe they can ask burnin to help them with their issues? Wink

Greed shouldn't be the essence of bitcoin
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 07:59:14 PM

Maybe they can ask burnin to help them with their issues? Wink

I think if yifu could take help the situation wouldnt be like this now. But yes, im impressed how burnin outperforms the original creator.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 10:18:36 PM

Updated all tables.

285 Unique users

Missing info:
13 billing addresses in full or partly (4.56%)
20 target address, for example assembler (7.02%)
5 Verifications (1.75%)

1270 Chips without billing address (2.27%)
3278 Chips without target address (5.85%)

Stack

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 12:18:31 AM

This unknown wait is painful, while zefirs chips are going onto burnin boards right now, we don't even have the slightest idea when our chips will be shipped! Sad
I'm cool to wait and all, but having no ETA is a bitch

thegoldbug

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 03:16:07 AM

Okay, I'm an idiot.  I think I finally got my purchase Signed properly and verified.

I've discovered that www.brainwallet.org shows a blank page when you click on the Verify tab when using IE 9.0 and Opera web browsers.  Brainwallet does work when using the Chrome browser.

I'm thinking this is because JavaScript is probably being blocked on each of my other browsers?
krasnolud

Activity: 109

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 06:53:13 AM

I'm thinking this is because JavaScript is probably being blocked on each of my other browsers?
You can check if JavaScript is enabled by visiting http://yourbrowser.is/
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 01:06:06 PM

I opened a thread to complain to yifu to not delay the chip batches only because of production problems of batch 3 miners... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264224
Im not sure if it will have any effect but not trying will have no effect for sure.

krasnolud

Activity: 109

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 01:07:44 PM

I opened a thread to complain to yifu to not delay the chip batches only because of production problems of batch 3 miners... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264224
Im not sure if it will have any effect but not trying will have no effect for sure.
+1

Thank you.
szym00

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 01:47:28 PM

Very good!
antony

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:48:48 AM

wow a good soul!!

from which batch is it; the 4 chips? I have 12 from batch two. If I get 8 more from Batch 2 or 3, then I could make a BitBurner Module with 20 instead of 10. That would be nice.  Could you please hold this for me?

A friendly person in our group is donating 4 chips to someone who needs them to get his miner full. Im not sure if i can name him so i let it be until he says another way.
Let me know if you need some to get your board filled up. He wants to give it for free.

One sample chip is available too for a developer again. The chip came back because china post was stupid. Correct address but they cant find it. Now the developer doesnt need it anymore because he got some samples from otherwhere. If there is a dev that still needs a sample and provides something for the community let me know.

I found that our first batch was ordered 11 weeks ago... 9-10 were the plan. And zefir's second batch had to be shipped 2 days ago but didnt. I hope Yifu doesnt hold back all the chips only because the batch 3 miners dont work. I mean batch 3 miners not working is bad enough but spreading this on the next product for being fair to batch 3 buyers? I hope it starts soon.
tiros

Activity: 126

Just another miner

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 09:52:24 AM

+1
Good idea! I hope it could help. At least Yifu can post general information instead of replying to hundred of PMs.

wow a good soul!!

from which batch is it; the 4 chips? I have 12 from batch two. If I get 8 more from Batch 2 or 3, then I could make a BitBurner Module with 20 instead of 10. That would be nice.  Could you please hold this for me?

A friendly person in our group is donating 4 chips to someone who needs them to get his miner full. Im not sure if i can name him so i let it be until he says another way.
Let me know if you need some to get your board filled up. He wants to give it for free.

One sample chip is available too for a developer again. The chip came back because china post was stupid. Correct address but they cant find it. Now the developer doesnt need it anymore because he got some samples from otherwhere. If there is a dev that still needs a sample and provides something for the community let me know.

I found that our first batch was ordered 11 weeks ago... 9-10 were the plan. And zefir's second batch had to be shipped 2 days ago but didnt. I hope Yifu doesnt hold back all the chips only because the batch 3 miners dont work. I mean batch 3 miners not working is bad enough but spreading this on the next product for being fair to batch 3 buyers? I hope it starts soon.

Not intended to be rude but you in fact are only 82 chips short to get 5 bitburner xx boards with 20 chips.
Or you could donate two of yours to some other person in need who need only two and not eight like you are.
Don't mind me, its just a thought ...

Greed shouldn't be the essence of bitcoin
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 11:02:15 AM

wow a good soul!!

It looks like you were a bit late. I wondered that no one were interested but one asked. After days someone asked even though he do need a bit more chips to fill the board. But i said he can get them since no one other was interested. So your the second in line. If he dont claim them you can get them then.
A bit earlier would have been better... Smiley Ill ask him if he still needs them.

voxelot

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 09:00:24 PM

Thanks for all of your work SebastianJu...btw!

I am interested in that one sample chip that may have fallen of the back of a truck in China =D.  I am a new developer and I have been doing my research on the klondike specs as well as trying to get in touch with a few other open source devs! I would love to have one to experiment on while i gather the funds and wait for your next batch to be ready.. which i will assuredly be ordering from if you are continuing this awesomeness =D

I will be opening up my own thread as well to explain my project journey from start to completion.. I have not and will not be using any companies or professional etching equipment whatsoever.. this is a pure heart and soul project and I am excited to share what I learn with all of you!

Regards!
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 09:36:12 PM

Thanks for all of your work SebastianJu...btw!

I am interested in that one sample chip that may have fallen of the back of a truck in China =D.  I am a new developer and I have been doing my research on the klondike specs as well as trying to get in touch with a few other open source devs! I would love to have one to experiment on while i gather the funds and wait for your next batch to be ready.. which i will assuredly be ordering from if you are continuing this awesomeness =D

I will be opening up my own thread as well to explain my project journey from start to completion.. I have not and will not be using any companies or professional etching equipment whatsoever.. this is a pure heart and soul project and I am excited to share what I learn with all of you!

Regards!

In order to get it it would be good to explain what you can give the community, for example you will make your design open source or offer an assembly service or similar. And you should explain a bit your technical plans. Im not someone who can judge your plans but others will understand.

If you look serious you give me your address and i send it to you for free.

voxelot

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 10:52:33 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2013, 12:03:20 PM by voxelot

I'd like to apply for one [1] single (or 2 :->) chips from Avalon test batch.
I'm planning to make an open-source design for a miner that could be made at home.

What'd be so special about my project?
Simplicity - especially designed to be made at home

Use of development board Texas Instrument Stellaris Launchpad [or compatible version http://www.ti.com/ww/en/launchpad/tiva_c_head.html?DCMP=tivac-series&HQS=tivac-launchpad-b] - this will take a lot of complexity from the board - programmer, USB as well as [possibly] 32Mhz clock.
PCB's that are 2 sided [or 2 sides + 1 layer - they can be made at home], that could be etched using photosensitive spray [or even laser printer if someone can make small enough tracks reliably].
Common components, not some strange chips that must be ordered from china.

I plan on making a 16 chip version, this uC should handle that without problems. However scaling down won't be a problem.

What will you get in return?
Both PCB's and firmware will be distributed in open-source fashion. So if you like to make homemade devices [or just have a know-how, but don't want to pay anyone to build it] the design will be available well before the start.

Note: I still plan on making a design and open-sourcing it even if I'll don't get the chips. Just the designs will be available few months later :-)
Note2: I don't have any plans yet for making the miners for other people. I might consider it after I make a batch for myself. [knowing the costs, timeframe, etc.]

Thanks for the quick reply!

I plan to very much work the same way as bcdev and many others creating "small scale" Avalon board projects. Here is a great thread if you are interested in this as well!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190731.0

In fact if anyone would like to get a hold of me, I would like to share my experience in creating a SIMPLE data mining rig.  I have been researching and practicing home etching and it's really fun! I have been experimenting with mixtures of ferric chloride & hot water to etch marker drawn designs into PCB board. After you have studied specs like Klondike has been kind enough to release.  There are 307 small parts in Klondikes design and I plan to make very clear information on where to get and how to assemble those parts so it doesn't seem too confusing to those new to creating boards like myself. I will make youtube videos that explicitly deal with etching PCB's for home mining rigs.  

Really this is the key here... I know that Avalon makes their communication protocols open source and I plan to work extremely diligently on cleaning up those protocols for the open source community =D. And unfortunately portions of the FPGA bit stream protocol are still licensed from my understanding, but in the future we will need to translate and upload bill of materials as well as clean up protocol.  I would love to offer this as my service here as well.

I will open an appropriate thread here soon even without the kindness of sending me an experimental chip to send power through.. as this stuff is fun for me to do and anyone can! Plus we have to wait for the protocols so might as well start understanding how the power flows on the PCB =D

Hope this answers some questions.. there will be many more to come!

*EDIT*

Here is a good thread to watch if you are interested in using Avalon Technology to create your own mining rigs.. we shall see if they make good on the open source. Lets get our boards ready anyway.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=159401.0

AND here is another thread from a user trying to work out a DIY board.. there are many challenges but it seems we can do this! Stay Tuned!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=161715.280

Regards
zulover

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 11:40:19 PM

very nice plaans hope it works out for, maybe we can rid ourselves of these vapourware companies
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: