Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:46:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250992 times)
Fern

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:02:34 AM

Latest news- Team Veri have been travelling:

From Reggie - "I've been in another country with Masiah making deals. it went as well at can be expected, which means very well. More details tomorrow."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:04:50 AM

Latest news- Team Veri have been travelling:

From Reggie - "I've been in another country with Masiah making deals. it went as well at can be expected, which means very well. More details tomorrow."
It must be that Top 9 exchange! Grab your VERI tonight... it's VERI cheap but not for long!

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
████▀                                       ▀████
███                                           ███
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:15:55 AM

The wallet address is in an earlier post in this thread, however it will be impossible to track them, since they got gobbled up by buyers in a matter of hours and swapped for ethers or bitcoin, so its no way to know as an outsider what has happened.

So no transparency then in this transparent system ? This is the reason people trust in the blockchain but seems like it's not happening here - time to move on

Why are you expecting transparency here? Veritaseum is a one man show. One person controls practically all of the coins. Only a miniscule percentage has been released in the wild to prop up the price with the help of duffers who will pay $250 for a coin. He can hack himself again and again and nobody will be any wiser.
Thats not true half was up for grabs, but 2 million only where sold, people had other things to do, so dont say that a minuscule amount was "released" it was a minuscule interest of buying, and now its a huge will to start crying rivers.

More than half. 51 million was up for sale during the ICO. The market bought less than 2 million.
heymann

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 12:24:31 PM

Latest from Reggie:

"Someone just brought to my attention that there's a rumor going around that all of the Veritaseum were stolen. That's nonsense. We control the wallet with the 97m VERI. We emptied it once we found that the initial wallet was compromised.
Listen, anyone who thinks I would jeopardize my own operation for a few million dollars when I'm talking to multi trillion dollar operations is foolish. The Veritas stolen were ours. We don't need to steal our own assets just to sell them on the open market at half price.
Those of you wallowing in conspiracy theories have no idea as to the scale that Veritaseum is operating. We are dealing with multi million dollar entities looking to spin up million dollar ventures, yet there are still those thinking small."

For all those trying to paint an untrue picture of events.  At least try to make a rational case for embezzlement.  Fortunately, accusers cannot form any real arguments, just baseless accusations. 

"People don't understand what they have with these Veritaseum tokens"
dave773

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 12:29:33 PM

Latest from Reggie:

"Someone just brought to my attention that there's a rumor going around that all of the Veritaseum were stolen. That's nonsense. We control the wallet with the 97m VERI. We emptied it once we found that the initial wallet was compromised.
Listen, anyone who thinks I would jeopardize my own operation for a few million dollars when I'm talking to multi trillion dollar operations is foolish. The Veritas stolen were ours. We don't need to steal our own assets just to sell them on the open market at half price.
Those of you wallowing in conspiracy theories have no idea as to the scale that Veritaseum is operating. We are dealing with multi million dollar entities looking to spin up million dollar ventures, yet there are still those thinking small."

For all those trying to paint an untrue picture of events.  At least try to make a rational case for embezzlement.  Fortunately, accusers cannot form any real arguments, just baseless accusations. 

Hey, are these updates from the slack group? 
heymann

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 12:38:45 PM

Latest from Reggie:

Hey, are these updates from the slack group? 

Yes

"People don't understand what they have with these Veritaseum tokens"
Reggie Middleton

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

UltraCoin "Smart" Derivatives: The Future of Money

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 01:40:52 PM

I'll the board directly. Unortunately (or fortunately , depending on how you look at it) we don't have the time to address every silly little accusation because we are very busy working, generating value and making deals. Masiah and I (and his little sister - yes, I bring my kids to as many business meetings as possible, and they participate!) just got back into town fron our 2nd meeting with the top ten global securities exchange . It went very, VERI well, Our next engagement with them is about two weeks away and we are all very excited, yes... them , as well.
Of course, this is not a done deal and it could always fall through, but things look positive and if the next engagement goes as well as pllaned I wouldn't be surprised if we coundn't push a deal/trial through withing 6 to 8 weeks after that.

Here's a tidbit of informaton, we didn't talk tech until we actually I actally started walking out of the door, and this was a 2 and a half hour meeting with three top execs! This is the power of Veritaseum, a true multi-disciplinary approach, not websites and whitepapers. We are blockchain agnostic. The document that I and my team left the execs with was like nothing that they've seen before, and preceding me were all of the usual suspects in management consulting and blockchain tech.

Now, as for this hacking conspiracy nonsense, the stolen tokens belonged to Veritaseum. We do not have to steal our own stuff, If I was going to sell tokens that already belonged to us, I would just sell them... and I wouldn't sell the at half price, either.

The hack was fairly sophsiticated, and it is ongoing. Physical computers and devices are being stolen, even from other countires. These guys are determined, bu we are not by ourselves. We have a very strong and supportive community, and we are in the process of investigating bigger help, ie. state and federal prosecutors. So, whoever it is, keep it up. You will not be simply fighting the VERI team, but the US govt. and potentially the govt. from other countries as well should they decide to come on board. The consequences are high, with more than just a few years in jail. We are not joking around.

On a related note of unwarranted attacks, Veritasem is being misrepresented heavily in the media. Some entities have even crossed the line ino slander. We seek, and desire to have a strong and fruitfull relatioship with the media, so you can imagine our dismay when we get nothing but negative (and oft inaccurate) coverage when the vast majority of this token's life has been incredibliy postive and without precedent. I will put several examples here, and will reserve several other examples for strategic reasons.
This is an article from Ethnews.com. In all fairness, the reporter/editor that I spoke to sincerely tried to do the right thing. It appearse that his higher ups had different plans. On the left is the original article, on the right is the article ofter the original was pulled, leaving a 404 error for an unspecified amount of time. Is this what has happened to journalism in the digital asset space?
You guys should really be ashamed of youselves.@ReggieMiddleton: There's been a slew of unerhical hit pieces in the media targeting Veritaseum, ignoring plethora of good news. Can @ETHNews_ explain this?

Coindesk finally ran an article on us as well.
They didn't run an article on the #1 asset in cryptoland.
They didn't run an article on the best performing asset in cryptoland
They didn't run an article  on the precedent setting deal with the Jamacain stock exchange, a first in the crypto universe.

But they did manage to run a hit piece on a hacking with some undfounded negative inferences.
I'm not going to include the email that was sent to me from Coindesk, out of professional courtesy, but I will post my reply to there queries about the hack and allegations on this thread that it was not really a hack, but something else. I want you to look at my email response, then look at Coindesk to see what they chose to release. Again, if you are looking for the news on one of the most innovative token offergins, gaining the most traction, making the most sigificant real world deals, performing the best, holding the number one, two or three spots on coinmarketcap, you really must query... Are these the sources to get fair and unbiassed reporting?
Remember, I'm not casting aspersions, I'm just asking the questions and scarttering a little fact here and there. If there is a news outlet looking for the scoop on high performance token concerns yet is also interested in fair and balanced reporting, hit me up. I'd love to chat and have a boatload of interesting things to say. Oh yeah, here's my email responseto Coinesk:

The address that was hacked was our address, and the address with the 97 million VERI is our address as well. We emptied the suspect wallet as soon as we sensed it may have been compromised. The hackers got to about 00.04% of the tokens.
Since the address is ours and we did not authorize the withdrawal, we came to the conclusion that it was hacked. The activity that you are referring to in the wallets (other than the hack) is regular ongoig business activity.
A renown company that we use was compromised (we are not going to name the company nor the attack vector, but it has been sealed quickly), which we now know led to the hack and we are currently weighing our options.
You saw "a" comment stating that, apparently a troll (yes, there are trolls on the thread).
These people seem to think we would find more value in playing games with[out] (this was a typo on my part) our own assets on an exchange rather than continue to execute at the breakneck pace that we have been doing thus far, landing UHNW medical practice owners, the 50/50 joint venture for what will likely be one of the most innovative digital assset exchanges in the world with Jamaica Stock Exchange - with meetings with the Financial Services Authority and the Jamaican Central (these were within 45 days of our ICO close), one of the earliest patent applications for the use of this tech in capital markets and hopefully a multi-trillion global exchange group and $20B+ hedge fund - both of whom have shown significant interest in becoming clients and whom we are on our second meeting with.

As you can see, we have a lot going on in regards to industry precedent-shattering business. See MOU attachaed.

*Link Removed* : The Future of Money! A "Smart", Zero Trust, Peer to Peer, Decentralized derivative layer on top of Bitcoin!!!
 *Image Removed*
hangthebanksters

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:20:35 PM

^Thank you Reggie for addressing the community in a clear and succinct manner. I have held Veri since the ICO and will continue to HODL as I believe in the team and product. VERI good thing s to come!!!! Now go forth and continue with your contrarian badassery!!!!!
eindbaasje

Activity: 190

CryptoDetective

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:32:03 PM

This should only be a bump in the road for veritaseum.
Some influential people think this coin is a pretty good investment.
greyswan

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:24:08 PM

Man it smells fresh in here!
What happened to the FUDclouds? Grin
CryptoIsKey

Activity: 97

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 11:05:48 PM

Time to buy before it flys.
SmokingCrop

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:00:51 PM

New Veritaseum video made by Reggie: https://youtu.be/DqNu5sYGFUQ
• Explaining the economic rental facility & contract rent/lease facility
• Showing the alpha of the software (he didn't really want to show it just yet but did anyway)
• and telling us the Jamaican Stock Exchange & top 10 global exchange deal(s) again, <- nothing we didnt already know
naaktslak5

Activity: 492

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:34:14 PM

love the updates!
coinmenace

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Everything you want, is everything you need.

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:13:12 PM

another hacked ICO. but looks like the price is still holding on. though there is still no major exchange.
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:17:00 PM

another hacked ICO. but looks like the price is still holding on. though there is still no major exchange.

The ICO was not hacked.
AllYourCoins

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:39:53 PM

Wink

Old crypto hand here (2013), different account. Love how the trolls just STFU after Reggie's last post.

To Reggie: Keep on keeping on. I for one have been proud of the work you're doing and with the level headed manner you've dealt with trolls, critics, dickhead editors, and racists. I'm long on about 20 coins/tokens but VERI is one of my top 3 favorites due to your body of work, your team, and your IP.

P.S. I just love the sound of crickets after a mic drop.  Grin
azmojo

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:48:40 PM

I hate to comment on the previews since they are just previews, but is anyone else confused by the expression of a rate as a ratio?
Is 'rate' interest rate?
Is 1:100 1%?
Someone please explain.
Reggie, maybe you can make that more clear. Maybe provide units?

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
████▀                                       ▀████
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
Jeremy2017

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:38:28 PM

Wink

Old crypto hand here (2013), different account. Love how the trolls just STFU after Reggie's last post.

To Reggie: Keep on keeping on. I for one have been proud of the work you're doing and with the level headed manner you've dealt with trolls, critics, dickhead editors, and racists. I'm long on about 20 coins/tokens but VERI is one of my top 3 favorites due to your body of work, your team, and your IP.

Nobody really cares anymore after the hacking. Anyway they are probably going to be shut down by the SEC.

https://twitter.com/SEC_Enforcement/status/889949240671305730
https://twitter.com/SEC_Enforcement/status/889967264476393477
https://twitter.com/SEC_Enforcement/status/890198815688585217
WeatlhTransfer

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:43:07 PM

I hate to comment on the previews since they are just previews, but is anyone else confused by the expression of a rate as a ratio?
Is 'rate' interest rate?
Is 1:100 1%?
Someone please explain.
Reggie, maybe you can make that more clear. Maybe provide units?

Hold your horses. It is alpha version of the SW. There are mistakes (like the name Veritaseum) but that is the point of alpha releases. To iron out that kind of mistakes. So some GUI glitches shouldn't really be of any concern.
Steffoboy

Activity: 314

I'm so poor I can't even pay attention

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:10:52 PM

Wink

Nobody really cares anymore after the hacking. Anyway they are probably going to be shut down by the SEC.

https://twitter.com/SEC_Enforcement/status/889949240671305730
https://twitter.com/SEC_Enforcement/status/889967264476393477
https://twitter.com/SEC_Enforcement/status/890198815688585217

Dont bet the farm on that, the law was not in force when the ICO happened. I would be more concerned of new ICO's, but thew will just go into other jurisdictions, like asia for example.

Worldmining Bitcoin mining: 100 Gh for 15 USD, 1 Year contract. maintenance fee 0 USD Payouts at 5 USD Minimum investment 15 USD Free 30 GH on Signup! 0,13 USD per 100 GH/ 15 Usd investment.Take a look: https://world-mining.net/563807990/1/
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: