Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:38:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148798 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:34:39 PM

Labour Party’s Diane Abbott Offers Harsh Assessment of Bitcoin

https://dcebrief.com/labour-partys-diane-abbott-offers-harsh-assessment-of-bitcoin/

How ironic, considering monarchism (dictatorship) functions identically to a ponzi scheme. Free currencies that were founded after defeating monarchial tyranny have had a pretty good run thus far and I have a feeling Bitcoin will join that list soon.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:41:47 PM

The Former FDIC Chief Sheila Bair is spot on as to why cryptocurrencies should not be outlawed. Her arguments are simple but not without substance. Every emerging industry has issues and growing-pains that need time to be sorted out. Give it a chance.

"I don't think we should ban it - the green bills in your pocket don't have an intrinsic value, either," she was quoted as saying.

We should push for "good disclosure, education, warding off fraud, and making sure it is not being used for illicit activities."

Again, I agree. We need education and good disclosure. DNotes has always been committed to education and inclusiveness. Good disclosures and lots of verifiable research materials are also important for investors to make more objective investment decision.

DNotes is different in one other respect. We pro-actively identify industry challenges and incorporate strategic action plans to overcome them. These actions are reflected in our current ecosystems and our roadmap going forward. That is a part of DNotes’ vision in gaining mass acceptance one day.

Don't Ban Crypto, Says Former FDIC Chief Sheila Bair
Mar 1, 2018 at 23:05 UTC  |  Updated  Mar 2, 2018 at 11:24 UTC

The former chairperson of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), which insures bank deposits in the U.S., says that cryptocurrencies shouldn't be outlawed.

According to a new interview published by Barron's, Sheila Bair suggested that while bitcoin and other cryptos lack an "intrinsic value," so do currencies such as the U.S. dollar.

"I don't think we should ban it - the green bills in your pocket don't have an intrinsic value, either," she was quoted as saying.
The comments from Bair - who led the government corporation between 2006 and 2011 - are notable, given the growing scrutiny being applied to the market from a range of regulators worldwide. Bair, who has opined about cryptocurrency regulation in the past, is also a member of blockchain startup Paxos' board of directors.

Indeed, she suggested that as far as the price of cryptocurrencies is concerned, the market itself is best equipped to ascertain some kind of value.

"Let the market figure out what it's worth," she told the publication. "That is what it is doing now."

That said, Bair didn't say that regulators should take an entirely hands-off approach. Officials, she indicated, should push for "good disclosure, education, warding off fraud, and making sure it is not being used for illicit activities."

Read more: https://www.coindesk.com/former-fdic-head-let-the-market-figure-out-bitcoins-value/
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:08:23 PM

Labour Party’s Diane Abbott Offers Harsh Assessment of Bitcoin

https://dcebrief.com/labour-partys-diane-abbott-offers-harsh-assessment-of-bitcoin/

How ironic, considering monarchism (dictatorship) functions identically to a ponzi scheme. Free currencies that were founded after defeating monarchial tyranny have had a pretty good run thus far and I have a feeling Bitcoin will join that list soon.

If everyone took their Bitcoin money and tried to buy a new car all at once the whole thing would collapse.” 
That argument is so baseless, it’s silly – almost entertaining.

Should MP Diane Abbott be correct then we can also say, “If everyone took their fiat money and tried to but a new car all at once the whole world would collapse.”  And returned to the stone age? Obviously, that is a ridiculous assumption. 
doctorlw1

Activity: 92
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:20:04 PM

option 1
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:53:21 PM

option 1

So far Option 1 is the clear winner:

DNOTES GLOBAL DIGITAL CURRENCY
The Future of Money Starts Here
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 08:08:09 PM

option 1

Agreed, it's up on the site now. The design for that section could still be improved a bit.

Thank you for the submission Brandon, that is absolutely on point.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:37:38 PM

option 1

Agreed, it's up on the site now. The design for that section could still be improved a bit.

Thank you for the submission Brandon, that is absolutely on point.

Looks great. Graphics can be improved. Check it out HERE: http://dnotescoin.com/
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 03:51:59 PM

Anyone familiar with Trade by Trade?

https://tradebytrade.com/

It does not appear to be available to US residents, but they do trade DNotes there.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:10:10 PM

Helpful information worth reading:

Here is the CFTC Memo that Says it is OK for Employees to Own Bitcoin & Other Cryptocurrency – but be Careful
March 4, 2018 @ 12:55 pm By JD Alois

Last month, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) posted a memo to all staff providing guidance regarding holding and transactions using cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin. In brief, the memo from Daniel Davis, General Counsel of the CFTC, said it was ok to invest in crypto – but employees must be careful.

According to the memo, the CFTC received many inquiries from staff and the Commission has decided they are not “prohibited interests.” But the document asks CFTC employees to avoid creating the appearance that staff may be violating the law.

The document states:
As a general matter, you should keep the following in mind when considering owning or engaging in transactions in cryptocurrencies:

•   If your knowledge of cryptocurrencies is gained from the CFTC and your holdings or transactions of virtual currencies would lead a reasonable person to question your conduct, you may run afoul of the agency’s ethical standards.

•   You cannot own or transact in derivatives products (i.e., futures or swaps) regulated by the Commission. that are based on cryptocurrencies(or any other commodity). For example, you cannot own or transact in Bitcoin futures products.

•   You cannot purchase cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, on margin.

•   You cannot transact in cryptocurrencies if you have nonpublic information regarding cryptocurrencies. Thus, if your job at the CFTC brings you in contact with information regarding enforcement actions regarding cryptocurrencies, surveillance of cryptocurrencies, or policy decisions regarding cryptocurrencies, you most likely have nonpublic information regarding cryptocurrencies and cannot trade them.

•   Simply holding cryptocurrency or other commodities may not create an 18 U.S.C. 208 conflict of interest for you. However, if you participate personally and substantially in a particular matter that will directly or predictably affect your financial interests or your imputed financial interests (i.e., the financial interests or your spouse, dependents, and others, including certain business relationships), and you believe that your financial interest in the cryptocurrency (or the interest of your spouse, minor child, or other interested person) will also be affected, seek ethics advice before participating in the matter.

While CFTC are understandably banned from investing in Bitcoin futures it is pretty interesting that at least some are interested in the investment opportunity that cryptocurrencies, in general, may provide.

Source: https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2018/03/129157-cftc-memo-says-ok-employees-bitcoin-cryptocurrency-careful/
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:11:09 AM

Japanese Crypto Exchanges to Create Industry Body for Self-Regulation

https://dcebrief.com/japanese-crypto-exchanges-to-create-industry-body-for-self-regulation/
Brandon Cheliak

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:38:01 PM

It does not appear to be available to US residents, but they do trade DNotes there.

I was able to create an account, but the deposit button just redirects to the top of the balances page.
|Admiral|

Activity: 448
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:41:30 PM

Sorry for asking this question but previous year in Q2 i was able to buy dnotes from poloniex and now i don't see it there, any reason why poloniex delisted Dnotes?
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:58:20 PM

Sorry for asking this question but previous year in Q2 i was able to buy dnotes from poloniex and now i don't see it there, any reason why poloniex delisted Dnotes?

Poloniex delisted DNotes last November. We were never given the reason or received any response to our inquiries. We assume that it was due to low trade volume. DNotes is available at Cryptopia: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=NOTE_BTC

This is the year we will gain significant momentum with a very full plate. There are four top priorities that are getting a lot of my personal attention.

* Launch DNotes 2.0 in early April, 2018 with beta preview on March 18.

* Two funding Rounds utilizing Reg. D 506 (c) to raise up to $2.5 to fund software development and Mini-IPO and Reg. A+ Mini-IPO Tier 2 to raise up to $50 million from accredited and non-accredited investors worldwide.

* Get DNotes listed on more exchanges

* Work with publicist to promote book "Improve Your Odds - The Four Pillars of Business Success."

Our team has also been working very hard on our white paper. We plan to have a general release at the end of this month.

Brandon Cheliak

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:33:10 PM

Helpful information worth reading:

Here is the CFTC Memo that Says it is OK for Employees to Own Bitcoin & Other Cryptocurrency – but be Careful
March 4, 2018 @ 12:55 pm By JD Alois

Last month, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) posted a memo to all staff providing guidance regarding holding and transactions using cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin. In brief, the memo from Daniel Davis, General Counsel of the CFTC, said it was ok to invest in crypto – but employees must be careful.

According to the memo, the CFTC received many inquiries from staff and the Commission has decided they are not “prohibited interests.” But the document asks CFTC employees to avoid creating the appearance that staff may be violating the law.

The document states:
As a general matter, you should keep the following in mind when considering owning or engaging in transactions in cryptocurrencies:

•   If your knowledge of cryptocurrencies is gained from the CFTC and your holdings or transactions of virtual currencies would lead a reasonable person to question your conduct, you may run afoul of the agency’s ethical standards.

•   You cannot own or transact in derivatives products (i.e., futures or swaps) regulated by the Commission. that are based on cryptocurrencies(or any other commodity). For example, you cannot own or transact in Bitcoin futures products.

•   You cannot purchase cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, on margin.

•   You cannot transact in cryptocurrencies if you have nonpublic information regarding cryptocurrencies. Thus, if your job at the CFTC brings you in contact with information regarding enforcement actions regarding cryptocurrencies, surveillance of cryptocurrencies, or policy decisions regarding cryptocurrencies, you most likely have nonpublic information regarding cryptocurrencies and cannot trade them.

•   Simply holding cryptocurrency or other commodities may not create an 18 U.S.C. 208 conflict of interest for you. However, if you participate personally and substantially in a particular matter that will directly or predictably affect your financial interests or your imputed financial interests (i.e., the financial interests or your spouse, dependents, and others, including certain business relationships), and you believe that your financial interest in the cryptocurrency (or the interest of your spouse, minor child, or other interested person) will also be affected, seek ethics advice before participating in the matter.

While CFTC are understandably banned from investing in Bitcoin futures it is pretty interesting that at least some are interested in the investment opportunity that cryptocurrencies, in general, may provide.

Source: https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2018/03/129157-cftc-memo-says-ok-employees-bitcoin-cryptocurrency-careful/

These are extremely sensible guidelines, and a big win for cryptocurrencies. If public servants, regulatory bodies, and intelligence communities were allowed to trade crypto based on insider knowledge, it would put public traders at a major disadvantage. The same can be said for cryptocurrency teams or exchange staff trading on insider information.
sarabanda

Activity: 835
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:55:53 PM

I will lost on c-cex  25k Dnotes worth 1000$ because wallet will been under maintenance without chances to withdraw  before delisting !!!!!
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 05:51:47 PM

I will lost on c-cex  25k Dnotes worth 1000$ because wallet will been under maintenance without chances to withdraw  before delisting !!!!!

Hi sarabanda, have you opened a support ticket with them? As far as I understand they have been releasing DNotes. If you want, send me an email at contact@dnotescoin.com and I will reach out to them as well.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:14:23 PM

Hi sarabanda, have you opened a support ticket with them? As far as I understand they have been releasing DNotes. If you want, send me an email at contact@dnotescoin.com and I will reach out to them as well.

I have been with them for almost four years and was able to withdraw all my DNotes. They were doing great until a year ago.
The Chezzz

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:37:12 AM

If someone was to ask you what is the difference between you and Nano what would the answer be? Their slogan is:

Digital currency for the real world – the fast and free way to pay for everything in life.
Instant transactions Zero fees Infinitely scalable

I can see the obvious differences with the EDU, Vault, CRISP, etc. what I'm asking is deeper. You got Nano, Dash, Zcash, etc. all claiming to be internet money of the future.

What makes DNotes unique? and how does DNotes strive to gain the trust of the world when others are out there succeeding and thriving already?

These questions were brought to me at work by someone when I was talking about DNotes? My excitement with all that is coming up in the next couple of months was too much for him to bare. So he asked this question and said ask your people that.

He said what there needs to be is a crpytocurrency that will have a debit card available to the user that can be used anywhere and for anything, with the Crypto company that considers themselves money for the world to be able to instantly do the transaction and conversion to Fiat and deduct from your wallet or account so it can really be considered money for the world. He looked at DNotes website and said WOW a bank for cryptocurrency, at least that is what it looks like they are trying to do (saving, Investment, etc.). If DNotes doesn't get excepted around the world in the future then maybe he is on to something so the future on DNotes never dies it adapts to what the world will let it do within the regulations and the capabilities of modern technology.

I know you don't like to compare yourself with other coins, but it is unfortunately the situation we are all in. People want to know but are afraid to ask. Trying to find the right coin to invest in. Research in done but sometimes it's the words of the Dev and the founders that complete the deal. This guy has no coins at all but has a lot of questions like this. Very reluctant to invest. I have one coin, DNotes!!! So therefore I am reluctantly asking for him and will give him your answer. He is a good friend and I told him I would ask and am trying to help him with investing in his future. He looked up some coins and then hit me with this.  Thank you for assisting me with this. I think their might be a new customer soon after I provide your answer. Wink Thank you.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:52:34 AM

If someone was to ask you what is the difference between you and Nano what would the answer be? Their slogan is:

Digital currency for the real world – the fast and free way to pay for everything in life.
Instant transactions Zero fees Infinitely scalable

I can see the obvious differences with the EDU, Vault, CRISP, etc. what I'm asking is deeper. You got Nano, Dash, Zcash, etc. all claiming to be internet money of the future.

What makes DNotes unique? and how does DNotes strive to gain the trust of the world when others are out there succeeding and thriving already?

These questions were brought to me at work by someone when I was talking about DNotes? My excitement with all that is coming up in the next couple of months was too much for him to bare. So he asked this question and said ask your people that.

He said what there needs to be is a crpytocurrency that will have a debit card available to the user that can be used anywhere and for anything, with the Crypto company that considers themselves money for the world to be able to instantly do the transaction and conversion to Fiat and deduct from your wallet or account so it can really be considered money for the world. He looked at DNotes website and said WOW a bank for cryptocurrency, at least that is what it looks like they are trying to do (saving, Investment, etc.). If DNotes doesn't get excepted around the world in the future then maybe he is on to something so the future on DNotes never dies it adapts to what the world will let it do within the regulations and the capabilities of modern technology.

I know you don't like to compare yourself with other coins, but it is unfortunately the situation we are all in. People want to know but are afraid to ask. Trying to find the right coin to invest in. Research in done but sometimes it's the words of the Dev and the founders that complete the deal. This guy has no coins at all but has a lot of questions like this. Very reluctant to invest. I have one coin, DNotes!!! So therefore I am reluctantly asking for him and will give him your answer. He is a good friend and I told him I would ask and am trying to help him with investing in his future. He looked up some coins and then hit me with this.  Thank you for assisting me with this. I think their might be a new customer soon after I provide your answer. Wink Thank you.

Thank you for bringing this up, The Chezzz. Your friend gave you a complex wish list. Fortunately, it is in line with our vision.

To realize our vision, we must have a clear path to reach that ultimate destination – mass adoption of DNotes as an inclusive trusted digital currency in global commerce. There are many challenges that must be overcome in the meantime, including meeting regulatory requirements. Our ecosystems are built as solutions to overcome many of those challenges.

The biggest challenges of all are to mimic the full functions of money and the banking and financial systems. DNotes is strategically positioned to be equal to and ultimately superior to fiat currency and the delivery of financial services. It may take generations. But as you said, “DNotes never dies; it adapts to what the world will let it do within the regulations and the capabilities of modern technology.”

DNotes 2.0, CRISPs, and DNotesVault are our first foundation blocks to enable DNotes stakeholders to save and spend DNotes like money. Subject to getting regulatory approvals, with a full-service exchange, bank, and partner banks, DNotes stakeholders would be issued a multi-currency card that could be used just like, money, credit and debit card anywhere DNotes is accepted around the world. That is the power of our fully integrated ecosystems.
cjl1984

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:32:13 PM

I bought this coin at a higher price. But unfortunately, prices have fallen sharply. I hope this will end soon.
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: