Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:22:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148798 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:25:14 PM

DNotes 2.0, CRISPs, and DNotesVault are our first foundation blocks to enable DNotes stakeholders to save and spend DNotes like money. Subject to getting regulatory approvals, with a full-service exchange, bank, and partner banks, DNotes stakeholders would be issued a multi-currency card that could be used just like, money, credit and debit card anywhere DNotes is accepted around the world. That is the power of our fully integrated ecosystems.

Fully integrated systems are going to be huge! Right now no one has them. I would be thrilled with a debit card that would allow me to instantly (and not too expensively) spend my DNotes at a normal store without having to first go through an exchange (right now Cryptopia is the only option I'm aware of and they really stink) and then sending the BTC to Coinbase.

That will be especially fun when the DNotes I bought for a few cents are worth several dollars!
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:37:02 PM

If someone was to ask you what is the difference between you and Nano what would the answer be? Their slogan is:

Digital currency for the real world – the fast and free way to pay for everything in life.
Instant transactions Zero fees Infinitely scalable

I can see the obvious differences with the EDU, Vault, CRISP, etc. what I'm asking is deeper. You got Nano, Dash, Zcash, etc. all claiming to be internet money of the future.

What makes DNotes unique? and how does DNotes strive to gain the trust of the world when others are out there succeeding and thriving already?

These questions were brought to me at work by someone when I was talking about DNotes? My excitement with all that is coming up in the next couple of months was too much for him to bare. So he asked this question and said ask your people that.

He said what there needs to be is a crpytocurrency that will have a debit card available to the user that can be used anywhere and for anything, with the Crypto company that considers themselves money for the world to be able to instantly do the transaction and conversion to Fiat and deduct from your wallet or account so it can really be considered money for the world. He looked at DNotes website and said WOW a bank for cryptocurrency, at least that is what it looks like they are trying to do (saving, Investment, etc.). If DNotes doesn't get excepted around the world in the future then maybe he is on to something so the future on DNotes never dies it adapts to what the world will let it do within the regulations and the capabilities of modern technology.

I know you don't like to compare yourself with other coins, but it is unfortunately the situation we are all in. People want to know but are afraid to ask. Trying to find the right coin to invest in. Research in done but sometimes it's the words of the Dev and the founders that complete the deal. This guy has no coins at all but has a lot of questions like this. Very reluctant to invest. I have one coin, DNotes!!! So therefore I am reluctantly asking for him and will give him your answer. He is a good friend and I told him I would ask and am trying to help him with investing in his future. He looked up some coins and then hit me with this.  Thank you for assisting me with this. I think their might be a new customer soon after I provide your answer. Wink Thank you.

Hey Chezzz, thanks for the great question!

To me, there are several key differences, mostly relating to project mission scope, business model, and business approach -- all factors that influence the success probability of bringing digital money into an everyday reality.

I'll use the three coins that you provided as examples:

Nano is a cryptocurrency that differentiates itself by claiming "infinite scalability" (by removing the blocksize, and organising the chain into a lattice structure). It's an interesting project (not dissimilar to IOTA), but it does not solve any computer science problem at this time. The Nano whitepaper acknowledges that the network could be hammered with spam transactions, and forced into centralization. Just like IOTA, Nano offers fast and free transactions, in exchange for risking security and decentralization (at least in the short-term). Nano is standalone software, and has no growth model based on reinvested profits.

Dash is also aiming to be a digital cash of the future, and it differentiates itself with a bunch of interesting features: (relatively) anonymous sending, instant sending (with fewer confirmations on the network), mobile wallet features, community voting for new upgrades, and even a few merchants etc. Some of these features will be implemented by DNotes. Dash is supported by a foundation that is funded by payments from the network itself (10% taxes on the network block reward), and the foundation distributes these funds to freelancers (and others) to assist with development. You can research yourself about the drama surrounding Dash's beginnings, and make a decision for yourself whether you would purchase a used car from them, regardless of how well their coin is doing now. This issue led to PIVX being created -- a clone of Dash, but without the 'contentious' beginnings.

Zcash is a third example of a digital cash, and they differentiate themselves by researching and implementing a privacy feature on their coin that is a dramatic improvement on that of Dash, and a huge contribution to the engineering / scientific community. Zcash is supported by a foundation, but 10% of the coins that are produced are to be taxed and given to their investors that funded the research on ZK-Snarks (privacy tech), carried out by Zcash. Essentially, users trade and build value into Zcash (which is also a private company that released a cryptocurrency), and the founders take 10% of all coins produced in the first 4 years. This has led other spinoff projects to copy Zcash's code, but release without the 10% founder reward.

All of the above coins want to be the cryptocurrency of the future, and all three of them are thriving in price much more than DNotes is right now -- they're also further along their 'core currency development' than we are. That said, they have a very different outlook than DNotes does in terms of how to actually achieve mass adoption. Because despite whatever the price of what each of those currencies may be, none of them are any further along in preparing for mainstream adoption than DNotes is.

DNotes is a digital cash that is supported by a wider integrated business ecosystem that helps to drive DNotes' value through shared equity between it and the currency, and usefulness where each business property in the ecosystem works in some way to integrate with the real world of commerce to gain mainstream adoption. These business properties may be news websites, secure online storage facilities, business books, business consulting services, crowdfunding, blockchain application that run on the DNotes blockchain, exchanges, fiat gateways, merchant banks, debit cards, insurance companies, internet companies, mobile products -- whatever makes sense for DNotes to integrate into its system to make work seamlessly with DNotes. DNotes is not JUST a digital currency, but a blockchain solution platform, and wide array of business entities that support the currency. The success of the ecosystem around DNotes, helps to build DNotes further by reinvesting profits earned through business activities.

This is all carried out with a particular business philosophy that ensures the maximum chance of success of reaching our goal of mass acceptance. To do the right things, the right way, at the right time -- because if anybody else had followed exactly this thus far, you'd already be able to easily use cryptocurrency at your nearest coffee shop; to build our ecosystem block-by-block in a structured manner (because there is no rush when being the best is what will ultimately make you the winner, and there is only so far you can go until you must deal with factors outside of your control); and to operate with trust and integrity -- which is truly unique in our industry. We do not pump and dump, we do not overpromise, nor make false claims. We make claims once our projects are "near completion", or "when we have it" -- which can be contrasted with just about any modern projects or ICO that you see where a ridiculous number of claims are posted all over the website regarding what differentiates the projects, but in reality all they are, are 'claims' that haven't even entered development stage, and won't be ready for 1-3 years. This is true of most major currencies. The true test is what is 'available' for use right at this minute, and not the claims posted all over their website. Hype is a major thing in the cryptocurrency industry. For example, there is a coin in the top 10 that is worth billions, which DNotes is building all the same stuff (and more), and will likely release most of it sooner, but alas, this is cryptocurrency - ICO hype can drive a lot of attention, but trading values are set by speculators, and are currently not at all indicative of thriving success at becoming a mainstream currency (otherwise that coin with no working product couldn't be worth billions).

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:04:56 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 06:05:25 PM by Dyna

DNotes 2.0, CRISPs, and DNotesVault are our first foundation blocks to enable DNotes stakeholders to save and spend DNotes like money. Subject to getting regulatory approvals, with a full-service exchange, bank, and partner banks, DNotes stakeholders would be issued a multi-currency card that could be used just like, money, credit and debit card anywhere DNotes is accepted around the world. That is the power of our fully integrated ecosystems.

Fully integrated systems are going to be huge! Right now no one has them. I would be thrilled with a debit card that would allow me to instantly (and not too expensively) spend my DNotes at a normal store without having to first go through an exchange (right now Cryptopia is the only option I'm aware of and they really stink) and then sending the BTC to Coinbase.

That will be especially fun when the DNotes I bought for a few cents are worth several dollars!

I see your point, Wiser. Fully integrated systems consisting of an inclusive trusted digital currency with global banking and financial systems are the vital components for a digital currency in gaining mass adoption. This is a complex machine we have been building from ground up. After four years we have built a great foundation for the next phase. Everything that we have accomplished is verifiable. We believe that our white paper, once available for general release, will help a lot of people to better understand our vision and the strategic path we have chosen.

These are being done step by step, with more tasks done in parallel, especially when the funding is in place. For now lets get back to the multi-currency card. We like to see it as "Your Liquid Asset Card" with DNotes being your primary asset. Being an account holder at DNotesVault, you assign a pre-approved limit as the spendable limit. It can always be adjusted up or down. Our banking and financial networks will do all the conversion for you, anywhere in the world, where our approved list of fiat and digital currencies are accepted.

This is how we see the future. It will take years to built out the essential infrastructure and be in compliance of multiple layers of regulations.
The Chezzz

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:46:00 PM

I'm not going to copy the quotes. I'm just going to thank the DNotes team for answering my question so professionally. Dyna and TeeGee you are on top of it. I will share with everyone I know and they will be please with your answers. The future is bright with DNotes leading the way. Thank You. !!!! Keep up the great work. The white paper/roadmap will be exciting to read.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 06:13:17 PM

Quick update, in the final editing process for the white paper.

Working on upgrading the DNotesVault.

We have found and started to engage a social media manager, who is working on researching DNotes and developing a strategy to increase our social media presence.
We have also found and started working with a full stack web developer, with experience in popular online web platforms. With the intention of working on integrating our invoicing and payment systems into these popular web platforms with simple and easy to use plugins and scripts.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:20:34 PM

I see your point, Wiser. Fully integrated systems consisting of an inclusive trusted digital currency with global banking and financial systems are the vital components for a digital currency in gaining mass adoption. This is a complex machine we have been building from ground up. After four years we have built a great foundation for the next phase. Everything that we have accomplished is verifiable. We believe that our white paper, once available for general release, will help a lot of people to better understand our vision and the strategic path we have chosen.

These are being done step by step, with more tasks done in parallel, especially when the funding is in place. For now lets get back to the multi-currency card. We like to see it as "Your Liquid Asset Card" with DNotes being your primary asset. Being an account holder at DNotesVault, you assign a pre-approved limit as the spendable limit. It can always be adjusted up or down. Our banking and financial networks will do all the conversion for you, anywhere in the world, where our approved list of fiat and digital currencies are accepted.

This is how we see the future. It will take years to built out the essential infrastructure and be in compliance of multiple layers of regulations.

It seems offering any sort of cryptoasset-backed debit card is really tough especially for people who live in the US. I have seen organization after organization with the ambition to offer such a debit card fall down on it over and over again, or simply not offer it to US citizens. I'm not sure if there are any successful debit cards like that overseas, but I can't use them if there are--at least not until I can set up an offshore company or something super major like that.

So if DNotes Global eventually can successfully offer it in a way that works in the US too, then that will be HUGE.

I'm hoping that DMD Diamond, XEM, SMART and STEEM will be included on your list of approved currencies that could be traded at the point of sale.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:46:55 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 08:02:16 PM by Dyna

It seems offering any sort of cryptoasset-backed debit card is really tough especially for people who live in the US. I have seen organization after organization with the ambition to offer such a debit card fall down on it over and over again, or simply not offer it to US citizens. I'm not sure if there are any successful debit cards like that overseas, but I can't use them if there are--at least not until I can set up an offshore company or something super major like that.

So if DNotes Global eventually can successfully offer it in a way that works in the US too, then that will be HUGE.

I'm hoping that DMD Diamond, XEM, SMART and STEEM will be included on your list of approved currencies that could be traded at the point of sale.

Wiser, the quick answer is that the cases you described are being done in bits and pieces. In DNotes' case it will be done as a fully integrated systems bridging the decentralized world with the centralized world - centered around our own fully integrated banking and financial systems.

It is time consuming, complex, and expensive. But to do it right and be in compliance with existing regulations, that is the right path positing DNotes Global with enormous growth potential.

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:01:49 PM

Merriam-Webster Adds More Crypto-Related Terms to Dictionary

https://dcebrief.com/merriam-webster-adds-more-crypto-related-terms-to-dictionary/
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:30:17 PM

https://dcebrief.com/merriam-webster-adds-more-crypto-related-terms-to-dictionary/

This was one of the criteria I was using to measure the success of cryptocurrency as an industry - when it no longer showed up as a spelling error. Grin

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:44:48 PM

This was one of the criteria I was using to measure the success of cryptocurrency as an industry - when it no longer showed up as a spelling error. Grin

That is a good one, Chase. It's a great indicator of acceptance.

I have my own indicators too: More and more top bankers are requesting to connect with me on LinkedIn. And to top it off - including a Former Secretary of Treasury and other government officials. It's quite an honor. We must be doing something right and that has taken only four years to show up. Let's Go DNotes!!!

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:26:15 AM

I have my own indicators too: More and more top bankers are requesting to connect with me on LinkedIn. And to top it off - including a Former Secretary of Treasury and other government officials. It's quite an honor. We must be doing something right and that has taken only four years to show up. Let's Go DNotes!!!

I'll take your indicators any day!! That is excellent news for DNotes holders!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

MiningHabit

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:37:31 AM

I'm seeing the same anecdotal evidence.

Last Wednesday I started the Oxford Blockchain Strategy Programme and the first week has been groundwork stuff and getting to e-know classmates. The majority, ~60% probably, are bankers; with a whole bunch of that group from London.

A couple crypto entrepreneurs and a couple fewer technical folks. But mostly, a lot of bankers.

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:04:08 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2018, 01:37:57 PM by Brandon Cheliak

Alan, it's been four years of hard work, and I can confidently say that there is nobody who works harder than you. Although not everyone wanted to help out, I'm sure they will all show up at the victory party to bask in DNotes' glory. The entire DNotes team has put in a wholehearted effort and that hard work is going to translate into a some very prosperous years for DNotes.

To steal a methodology from real estate appraisal and apply it to cryptocurrency; if you did a sales comparison between DNotes and many top industry competitors, you will find that our values would be much more closely aligned. Segwit, larger block sizes, and enhanced privacy are not improvements that add billions in value.
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:48:04 PM

Last Wednesday I started the Oxford Blockchain Strategy Programme and the first week has been groundwork stuff and getting to e-know classmates. The majority, ~60% probably, are bankers; with a whole bunch of that group from London.

A couple crypto entrepreneurs and a couple fewer technical folks. But mostly, a lot of bankers.

This is actually really great news, not only for the cryptocurrency industry as a whole, but especially for DNotes. I think at the end of the day, the currencies that succeed will be the ones whose leaders and developers make friends with the bankers. The banking and financial system will adapt but it's not going away.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:29:59 PM

Alan, it's been four years of hard work, and I can confidently say that there is nobody who works harder than you. Although not everyone wanted to help out, I'm sure they will all show up at the victory party to bask in DNotes' glory. The entire DNotes team has put in a wholehearted effort and that hard work is going to translate into a some very prosperous years for DNotes.

To steal a methodology from real estate appraisal and apply it to cryptocurrency; if you did a sales comparison between DNotes and many top industry competitors, you will find that our values would be much more closely aligned. Segwit, larger block sizes, and enhanced privacy are not improvements that add billions in value.

Thank you, Brandon. The credit should go to the entire DNotes Team. This is the most passionate and committed team I have the privilege of working with. We are very mission and purpose driven - do the right no matter how much harder it is. Taking four years to building a solid foundation, while watching others walking away with "quick money" is not easy for many people to justify. We happen to believe that if that is what it takes - it's well worth it.

Thank you all for your contributions.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:49:51 PM

This is actually really great news, not only for the cryptocurrency industry as a whole, but especially for DNotes. I think at the end of the day, the currencies that succeed will be the ones whose leaders and developers make friends with the bankers. The banking and financial system will adapt but it's not going away.

Wiser, you are absolutely correct. "The banking and financial system will adapt but it's not going away."

We are creating a very friendly "Bridge" for bankers and regulators to work with us to best take full advantages of the new realities and opportunities being generated by the nascent decentralized world.

To gain mass adoption of DNotes, there must be a fully integrated financial system built for the digital age where digital cash will be the norm one day. Meanwhile, there are many challenges to overcome.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 03:50:04 PM

I'm not going to copy the quotes. I'm just going to thank the DNotes team for answering my question so professionally. Dyna and TeeGee you are on top of it. I will share with everyone I know and they will be please with your answers. The future is bright with DNotes leading the way. Thank You. !!!! Keep up the great work. The white paper/roadmap will be exciting to read.

Just adding in my comments to this conversation.

The key to the success of DNotes is in the symbiotic relationship between DNotes and DNotes Global, Inc.

The core mission of DNotes Global, Inc is to drive mass adoption and the value of DNotes.

We have many components parts that can be replicated, or others may be working on, however the model we have created cannot be. Those individual components are not the core of what drives DNotes, they are just some of the pieces needed to accomplish our mission.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:49:14 PM

The SEC has released a statement today on exchanges and the sale of unregistered ICO token-securities. I gives a lot of information geared toward educating and protecting the investor, so I have the sneaky suspicion they are taking aim at these exchanges.

Statement on Potentially Unlawful Online Platforms for Trading Digital Assets

Divisions of Enforcement and Trading and Markets

March 7, 2018

Online trading platforms have become a popular way investors can buy and sell digital assets, including coins and tokens offered and sold in so-called Initial Coin Offerings ("ICOs").  The platforms often claim to give investors the ability to quickly buy and sell digital assets.  Many of these platforms bring buyers and sellers together in one place and offer investors access to automated systems that display priced orders, execute trades, and provide transaction data.

A number of these platforms provide a mechanism for trading assets that meet the definition of a "security" under the federal securities laws.  If a platform offers trading of digital assets that are securities and operates as an "exchange," as defined by the federal securities laws, then the platform must register with the SEC as a national securities exchange or be exempt from registration.  The federal regulatory framework governing registered national securities exchanges and exempt markets is designed to protect investors and prevent against fraudulent and manipulative trading practices.

continued.... https://www.sec.gov/news/public-statement/enforcement-tm-statement-potentially-unlawful-online-platforms-trading

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:04:28 PM

The SEC has released a statement today on exchanges and the sale of unregistered ICO token-securities. I gives a lot of information geared toward educating and protecting the investor, so I have the sneaky suspicion they are taking aim at these exchanges.

March 7, 2018

Online trading platforms have become a popular way investors can buy and sell digital assets, including coins and tokens offered and sold in so-called Initial Coin Offerings ("ICOs").  The platforms often claim to give investors the ability to quickly buy and sell digital assets.  Many of these platforms bring buyers and sellers together in one place and offer investors access to automated systems that display priced orders, execute trades, and provide transaction data.

A number of these platforms provide a mechanism for trading assets that meet the definition of a "security" under the federal securities laws.  If a platform offers trading of digital assets that are securities and operates as an "exchange," as defined by the federal securities laws, then the platform must register with the SEC as a national securities exchange or be exempt from registration.  The federal regulatory framework governing registered national securities exchanges and exempt markets is designed to protect investors and prevent against fraudulent and manipulative trading practices.

continued.... https://www.sec.gov/news/public-statement/enforcement-tm-statement-potentially-unlawful-online-platforms-trading

This is quite concerning. I do not recognize any of our industry exchanges on the following lists:

Investors can find a list of SEC-registered national securities exchanges here:  List of Active National Securities Exchanges
Investors can find a list of ATSs that have filed a Form ATS with the SEC here:  List of Active Alternative Trading Systems

Looks like the SEC is going after SAFT as well.

https://www.coindesk.com/sec-going-saft/?utm_source=ICO-facebook
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:44:31 PM

March 7, 2018

This is quite concerning. I do not recognize any of our industry exchanges on the following lists:

Investors can find a list of SEC-registered national securities exchanges here:  List of Active National Securities Exchanges
Investors can find a list of ATSs that have filed a Form ATS with the SEC here:  List of Active Alternative Trading Systems

Looks like the SEC is going after SAFT as well.

https://www.coindesk.com/sec-going-saft/?utm_source=ICO-facebook

I don't think they will have a problem unless they are selling ICO tokens that are securities. It is that security designation that puts them in regulatory hot water. Poloniex conducts their own version of the Howey Test before listing any tokens, and say they will remove any that appear to be a security even after listing. They have very few tokens listed compared to the overseas exchanges.

Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: