Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:25:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin have a future?  (Read 68569 times)
Element.M

Activity: 14
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:05:25 PM

This seems like a question from 2013. There's far too much investment in bitcoin infrastructure and technology to answer in the negative. There will be volatility and risk (as with all new financial markets and technology), but bitcoin is here to stay.
deddod

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:19:50 AM

I just read on Btcjam blog that they are closing down: https://blog.btcjam.com/2017/05/25/btcjam-is-closing/, now I am just wondering if big players in thebitcoin industry are closing down, is there any future for bitcoin really.

I came to know about bitcoin through btcjam when i was introduced there to borrow. Eve in this forum, looks most signature campaigns might close down because of the ever rising price of bitcoin. Most of them have reduced their payout amounts for posting by more than 50%. Is this a good sign or a bad sign for the bitcoin development?
I see significant BTC price increases each year prove that BTC has a good future.
There is a rumor that on 1 August BTC will do segwit. I hope you know what happens if a coin has done a segwit.  Cheesy Smiley

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▐████
▀▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▀██████████▐████
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████▀ ▀▄▄▄     ▐████
▀▀     ▄▀███▄▄▄▄       ▐████
▄▄   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▐████
▄▄   ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████

▀▄▄▀▀▀  ██████           ▐████
██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

▄▄  ████▀▄██████████▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████████████▐████
BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

joseafonso123az

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:42:52 AM

I think btcjam might have some other problems in their site, and if problems grow, they are bound to close, unless they get it all sorted up. In terms of btc, I think it won't make bitcoin less valuable, or with less future. I think btc has a lot of potential and it can grow if it continues as it is, free and decentralized.
lisa255

Activity: 259

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:45:56 PM

I think btcjam might have some other problems in their site, and if problems grow, they are bound to close, unless they get it all sorted up. In terms of btc, I think it won't make bitcoin less valuable, or with less future. I think btc has a lot of potential and it can grow if it continues as it is, free and decentralized.

The bitcoin must remain decentralized - everyone agrees. And only if this condition is met, bitcoin will have a great potential. If bitcoin becomes controlled by someone, it will lose popularity and become useless

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 08:13:57 PM

Bitcoin surely has a great future ahead and if compare the price of bitcoins to last few years then you will see continuous growth in it and that was possible only because of the demand getting higher and higher and in future we can expect the same so I don't think that we have to worry about its future as its surely gonna give us lots of benefits and lots of money.
chineseprancing

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 08:29:33 PM

Due to high numbers of people who supports in bitcoin I think it's enough to says that bitcoin have a future. Also the popularity of bitcoin to the people. Moreover, bitcoin is the most in demand crytocurrencies in the world, that's why trust of more users were catches up by bitcoin.
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:55:29 PM

The bitcoin have a great future and many people that know it. Bitcoin now is really becoming more popular in over the world. I know in the near future that all of the country will accept the bitcoin as their daily payments.

When we are discussing our lecture in information technology, our professor said that when he is in Singapore ( I don't know if what he is saying is true ), they are just using cards as a payment. I don't know if they are using block chain technology in their payment system but they are cashless society, that means all the money is travelling as binary. Our professor said that this might be the future of pay!ent system. The cashless society we've been talking about is on its way and I think we need to fixed some issues and have many things to consider before all the countries use that system and one of the question is if btc is the one they will use in such system.

swissmate

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 01:23:09 AM

Due to high numbers of people who supports in bitcoin I think it's enough to says that bitcoin have a future. Also the popularity of bitcoin to the people. Moreover, bitcoin is the most in demand crytocurrencies in the world, that's why trust of more users were catches up by bitcoin.

Yes bitcoin is becoming more popular now and people are showing interest in investing their money in crypto world and if the same thing continues in future and if adoption level goes high then bitcoin will be touching some new price levels which will make bitcoin ever more powerful currency.
jems

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 01:36:59 AM

Im not sure with it because of what will going to happen on this august 1 in the segwit. Bitcoins splits into two and will have a fork as they said. Now i am not holding my bitcoins i buy any altcoins i know that is good to invest.
Japinat

Activity: 3010
Merit: 683

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 02:10:25 AM

Im not sure with it because of what will going to happen on this august 1 in the segwit. Bitcoins splits into two and will have a fork as they said. Now i am not holding my bitcoins i buy any altcoins i know that is good to invest.
Don't hype it too much, people are spreading FUD which will make them panic and sell their bitcoins, whatever happen after the segwit will not gonna make bitcoin down, instead it will just make it more stronger and popular. Maybe there are really times like this that market are down but it will not last because people's support are still strong, enough to make it to the usual price again.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 09:49:05 AM

Don't hype it too much, people are spreading FUD which will make them panic and sell their bitcoins, whatever happen after the segwit will not gonna make bitcoin down, instead it will just make it more stronger and popular. Maybe there are really times like this that market are down but it will not last because people's support are still strong, enough to make it to the usual price again.
Well hopefully the support will still be there after the segwit. I think a lot of people jumped into btc recently because of the high price and hadn't yet seen a price that dropped below 2k. They may change their minds instantly after segwit. Hopefully not though.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 09:57:46 AM

Bitcoin fork after the split is not yet confirmed. Some miners are just releasing false announcement to discourage bitcoin investor because they are against the segwit activation. But there is a high chance that it will happened base on the reaction of the crowd right now that cause panic selling.  Grin

Oralmat

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 11:20:27 AM

Yes, you are right, I always say Yes, about the future of bitcoin. First thing the reason of popularity of the bitcoin is that people easily trust on it and when they start to use it then always say we couldn't live and left the bitcoin, because bitcoin is best to get and make money at home. I see in the coming years like 10 years, everyone will say that bitcoin give us bright future.
Paulyr

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:17:28 PM

I just read on Btcjam blog that they are closing down: https://blog.btcjam.com/2017/05/25/btcjam-is-closing/, now I am just wondering if big players in thebitcoin industry are closing down, is there any future for bitcoin really.

I came to know about bitcoin through btcjam when i was introduced there to borrow. Eve in this forum, looks most signature campaigns might close down because of the ever rising price of bitcoin. Most of them have reduced their payout amounts for posting by more than 50%. Is this a good sign or a bad sign for the bitcoin development?
I think Bitcoin has a future as it is the first crypto currency and it's known by so many people but as the grown of other Alcoins, Bitcoin will need to change so many things to have a real future.
Wowcoin

Activity: 910
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 11:52:29 PM

Yes of course bitcoin have future because if you read about bitcoin when 2009 bitcoin price is so low only 1$ per bitcoin. Then 2013 bitcoin become popular in the out side word on social media then now see the price of bitcoin from 9$ to 2400$ you see the big difference so bitcoin have a good future to those who believe on it.
AicecreaME

Activity: 2380
Merit: 454

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 12:35:02 AM

As OP's quote big players in the bitcoin industry has been closing their service. Btcjam has now announced their official closure. Recently one of the big player in the gambling industry too made a closure of their services. At the same time more big investors are coming into the bitcoin network. So bitcoin will continue for a long with more adoption happening around the world in a same way that happened in Japan.

This is not the future of bitcoin, I mean quitting one or closing of just one services can't tell or dictate what is the future of bitcoin, there is a lot of services out there, and many investors the same as the users of bitcoin, that is why it is hard to tell that bitcoin doesn't have a future anymore just because of this thing. Bitcoin is too broad in when it comes to popularity and superiority when compare to all of the Altcoins here in the crypto world.

Which is why I don't doubt bitcoin, I'm just keeping on earning it and ignoring the shits of other people which is the only thing they know. They are trying to discourage people and I don't why, but me, I just don't care about 'em.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:31:23 AM

Yes of course bitcoin have future because if you read about bitcoin when 2009 bitcoin price is so low only 1$ per bitcoin. Then 2013 bitcoin become popular in the out side word on social media then now see the price of bitcoin from 9$ to 2400$ you see the big difference so bitcoin have a good future to those who believe on it.

For just a few years the price of bitcoin soared up and that's very quick. And we are now on 2017 look on how the price are very high. It's why for me bitcoin is showing it's full potential to have a very good future. If I just new bitcoin before when the price was still 1 digit I would preferably buy maybe 10 btc.
Simss

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:02:45 PM

Yes of course, bitcoin has a future and in my opinion if viewed from the price always increases from year to year, and if we look at the year 2009 btc only has the price of 1 $ and in 2017 the price reaches $ 2500, imagine how much the price in five or ten Years ahead.
Labumi

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:09:36 PM

All cryptocurrency have a good future. For if we look at the vision and mission of all that exists, they all have a place and may only be realized in the future. But you have to remember, it all depends on how the market or society in the world to respond to all of it. For if the response from all the communities most refuse, then it's all very pointless. Predictions can indeed you do, but all plans must be done very well or you will get a loss.

Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 10:19:47 PM

I don't think you are true at your point to say the Bitcoin services getting down .
Actually the reason behind the get down of the btcjam was because the people were making account with fake Identity and get Bitcoin for lain with interest but never return to the emmiter , so due to these the btcjam get down his service for the btc laon lend service .
And if you will ask about the the signature campaign to get down then the truth is that the service get much famous so they closed Thier campain , And the reason behind the down in the rate of the other campaign is that the increase in the price , according to my calculations the value of the Bitcoin pay per post is se as that was in the 2014 in this forum .
So your point of bad future for the Bitcoin is get down , because regardless of the reality .
Very well explained, peep! As far as the future of bitcoins is considered, that’s awesome. It’s the future currency of the economically growing world market. Soon the whole world starts trading in bitcoins. Those who have plans of holding bitcoins for years will be the kings and queens of future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: