Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:12:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 318 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option  (Read 409611 times)
universalresonance

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 06:02:01 PM

So I just learned that Nicehash won't pay out my work until I reach 0.01 BTC for external wallet or 0.001 for their own wallet.

I'm at 0.007 for external wallet and now I'd have to continue to mine until I reach 0.01 BTC using nicehash even though I Prefer NemosMiner.

Also, NemosMiner (zpool.ca) pays out every Sunday for balances less than 0.01 btc , ergo I won't see the payment until Sunday.

I wish I had know this before , then I would've stayed with Nemosminer instead of Nicehash miner.  Embarrassed

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lexele

Activity: 190

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 08:48:00 PM

ya yiimp and zpool use address as worker, but supernova uses a worker you create on worker page yupp
you can use the same worker name for different pools, keeps things simple, tho i believe each COIN you will have to make the worker off the bat the first time

And ya man just set the payment address there and min payout amount under "edit account" yupp Smiley

Ya my ti has similar clocks on skein and similar efficency, its quite nice, i believe mine was about 4.3-4.5 so at 4.6 your smiling Smiley

PROFITABILITY on skein, well tht is another story you will just have to test and see Smiley

Im totally new to the mining - just literally started my adventure  Smiley

may I ask if "Payment Address" is the bitcoin wallet? I get the  error Failed to update your account: Invalid coin address

thanks a lot

it's the adress of the coin you mine to put there
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 09:21:37 PM

I am mining Lbry right now and I am getting 0.845 gh/s from 2 ti's..
Does that sound kind of right?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to make sure all my miners are up and running right..
One card is doing 385 mh/s and the other is doing 450 mh/s.. Not sure why there not closer together since there both the same card..
I know that happens tho..

seems a bit low but its hard to say different cards have different results.  my Zotac Ti gets 510 easy tho :/
If you use an HDMI dongle it can affect the card hashing that has it plugged in, might be helpful info

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
CjMapope
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 09:23:28 PM

I am thinking of just hoping on Nicehash and starting with that on my (2) 1080ti's...
Anyone have an basic settings to go in with at Nicehash?

I read a lot 70%tdp, 150+ clock -mem

Looking to just get something basic in until then weekend when I have time to tune and tweak and find a good pool

Any thoughts are appreciated.
That's exactly what i am currently doing, mining on Nicehash untill i figure out what pool/coin/miner to go with, currently got 1 TI second TI coming soon.

I agree. Stick with + 175 core, 0 mem , 70-80% TDP for nicehash. For Skein you can push + 250 core - 502 mem. Certain algos can take higher core clocks.

yupp your best bet is to just keep your own results inna spreadsheet or just written down, each algo and card will have different "sweet spots"
its tempting to buy different cards to see different results, but you will have less headache with setting each card if you buy all the same ones, brand and series

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
tpd09

Activity: 287

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:15:59 AM

ya yiimp and zpool use address as worker, but supernova uses a worker you create on worker page yupp
you can use the same worker name for different pools, keeps things simple, tho i believe each COIN you will have to make the worker off the bat the first time

And ya man just set the payment address there and min payout amount under "edit account" yupp Smiley

Ya my ti has similar clocks on skein and similar efficency, its quite nice, i believe mine was about 4.3-4.5 so at 4.6 your smiling Smiley

PROFITABILITY on skein, well tht is another story you will just have to test and see Smiley

Im totally new to the mining - just literally started my adventure  Smiley

may I ask if "Payment Address" is the bitcoin wallet? I get the  error Failed to update your account: Invalid coin address

thanks a lot

so I started with dgb-skein.theblocksfactory.com, how I get paid in bitcoins if the pools mines dgb? Do I need to open DigiByte Core wallet locally and then convert them into bitcons at poloniex?

Thanks again
CjMapope
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 05:23:20 AM

Im totally new to the mining - just literally started my adventure  Smiley

may I ask if "Payment Address" is the bitcoin wallet? I get the  error Failed to update your account: Invalid coin address

thanks a lot

so I started with dgb-skein.theblocksfactory.com, how I get paid in bitcoins if the pools mines dgb? Do I need to open DigiByte Core wallet locally and then convert them into bitcons at poloniex?

Thanks again

you dont get paid in bitcoins, thats multipools only, ya nub Cheesy
blockfactory is not a multipool, yes you will need to convert yourself Smiley

oup59

Activity: 382
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:55:15 AM

I am thinking of just hoping on Nicehash and starting with that on my (2) 1080ti's...
Anyone have an basic settings to go in with at Nicehash?

I read a lot 70%tdp, 150+ clock -mem

Looking to just get something basic in until then weekend when I have time to tune and tweak and find a good pool

Any thoughts are appreciated.
That's exactly what i am currently doing, mining on Nicehash untill i figure out what pool/coin/miner to go with, currently got 1 TI second TI coming soon.

I agree. Stick with + 175 core, 0 mem , 70-80% TDP for nicehash. For Skein you can push + 250 core - 502 mem. Certain algos can take higher core clocks.

So far I have Gigabyte Auros and Asus Strix 1080Ti and using both with %70TDP, +150 and -502 as anything over +150 does not seem stable.
Over +200 I got instant crashes but could run for a couple of hours with around +170-180 and then crashed.

I did not spend a lot of time yet but just running them with what settings they are comfortable.

I am waiting MSI 1080Ti Gaming and will start testing/using it this weekend.
oup59

Activity: 382
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:59:21 AM

yupp your best bet is to just keep your own results inna spreadsheet or just written down, each algo and card will have different "sweet spots"
its tempting to buy different cards to see different results, but you will have less headache with setting each card if you buy all the same ones, brand and series

Do not do this Smiley I did.

So far I have 1 MSI RX 470 with Samsung Mem. 2 Giga RX 570 with Elpida Mem. 2 MSI RX 570 with Hynix Mem. 1 Asus RX 570 with Elpida Mem. 1 RX 470 incoming god knows with what mem.

3 1080 Ti as Gigabyte Auros, Asus Strix and MSI Gaming (incoming)

I really gained a lot of experience with these cards as I faced problems and had to research a lot for their settings and mods.

But nowadays is the days whichever gpu you can put your hands on, take it. At least where I live.

tpd09

Activity: 287

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 07:27:07 AM

Im totally new to the mining - just literally started my adventure  Smiley

may I ask if "Payment Address" is the bitcoin wallet? I get the  error Failed to update your account: Invalid coin address

thanks a lot

Thanks again

you dont get paid in bitcoins, thats multipools only, ya nub Cheesy
blockfactory is not a multipool, yes you will need to convert yourself Smiley

thanks guys - I made my first €2.28 today lol
CjMapope
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 06:47:05 PM

Do not do this Smiley I did.

So far I have 1 MSI RX 470 with Samsung Mem. 2 Giga RX 570 with Elpida Mem. 2 MSI RX 570 with Hynix Mem. 1 Asus RX 570 with Elpida Mem. 1 RX 470 incoming god knows with what mem.

3 1080 Ti as Gigabyte Auros, Asus Strix and MSI Gaming (incoming)

I really gained a lot of experience with these cards as I faced problems and had to research a lot for their settings and mods.

But nowadays is the days whichever gpu you can put your hands on, take it. At least where I live.

Cheesy     i did it too when i started, it sounds like a good idea in ones head Cheesy   but the REALITY is exactly what you described, you get a whole shitpile of different memory and each one has its own sweet spot, you create HOURS of tweaking for yourself Sad   which also SOUNDS fun in your head, but becomes annoying pretty quick haha
Lesson learned for us both! Cheesy    (i just grabeed x3 more ti's and got all the same ones: gigabtye gamings)

Jmattes

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 07:53:45 PM

Anyone where mining Lyra2REv2 through Nicehash?
If so, what are you getting per card and what settings?

I have 2 Asus FE
75% tpd
+200 clock
0 mem

getting about 60-63 mh/s per card.
Not sure if thats good haha.
kamerico

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 07:59:01 PM

Hello guys,

I'm pretty new myself to mining and so far I have 3 1080TI and 3 1070 GTX. So far I have been mining in zpool and mph. I like more mph but it is hard to keep track of the daily gains as when the auto exchange kicks in you are kind in a lost while waiting for it to appear as your exchange coin. Anyway, in Zpool I'm able to keep track of the total unpaid so I have an idea of what profit daily I can make. I am using so far multi algo or doing them manually. Besides these two pools what are your guys favorite? I've read so many low profits here on nicehash that I don't even want to try it.
Socket54

Activity: 148
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:37:50 AM

Can anyone explain why Nvidia with its 11 GB memory 1080Tis, are not as good or what appears on the surface better memory then the AMD RX cards for mining ETH?
Am i missing something in regards to why AMD is so much better for ETH in particular? 

Laugh Smile and Love
dt8666 (OP)

Activity: 302

Mining with noise and without noise is all possibl

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:57:56 AM

Hello guys,

I'm pretty new myself to mining and so far I have 3 1080TI and 3 1070 GTX. So far I have been mining in zpool and mph. I like more mph but it is hard to keep track of the daily gains as when the auto exchange kicks in you are kind in a lost while waiting for it to appear as your exchange coin. Anyway, in Zpool I'm able to keep track of the total unpaid so I have an idea of what profit daily I can make. I am using so far multi algo or doing them manually. Besides these two pools what are your guys favorite? I've read so many low profits here on nicehash that I don't even want to try it.

On mph, you should know your last 24hrs earning when you click on dashboard.
lexele

Activity: 190

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 03:48:28 PM

Can anyone explain why Nvidia with its 11 GB memory 1080Tis, are not as good or what appears on the surface better memory then the AMD RX cards for mining ETH?
Am i missing something in regards to why AMD is so much better for ETH in particular? 
1080ti has gddr5x memory vs gddr5 on 1070 and amd cards
Rashkae

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 04:50:09 PM

It's the Polaris architecture. The benefits of it's design never caught on with game engines but it is ideal for some types of mining algorithms

Did I help you? If yes, hit me up with some Eth!
0xD6422bcFD87989cf04D7dB489B9c18b3cA95886e
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 11:44:25 PM

It's not a AMD thing.
 It's a memory thing.

(1) ETH is very highly dependent on memory - which is why the R9 290 is still one of the fastest ETH mining cards in existence, it's got 512 bit wide memory with fairly low latency that makes up for the slower clocks.
 (2) Amount of ram past "enough to hold the DAG" DOES NOT MATTER. Anything over 3GB *AT THIS TIME* is a waste - but that will change to "over 4GB is a waste" when the DAG file starts pushing 3GB in size very hard.
 (3) GDDR 5x has much higher latency than GDDR 5 - which is why the GTX 1070 mines ETH better than the GTX 1080 despite having a quarter fewer cores and 20% slower base memory clock rate.
       GTX 1080 ti has enough more cores to overcome this, but not by a lot.
       AMD 8GB versions of the RX 470/570/480/580 have THE SAME GDDR5 memory at about the same clock as the GTX 1070.
 (4) For reference, the GTX 1070 mines ETH as the same to a hair higher speed than any RX series card, without needing memory straps to get competative - and it's a tossup on hash/watt as well when tuned for efficiency on both sides.
       The only reason folks went with the RX series cards was the cost was a lot lower.
 (5) per posted figures I've seen, the GTX 1080 ti DOES mine faster than the GTX 1070 or any RX card - but not by a ton, mid-to-upper 30s - which makes it NOT competative on hash/$ and it's apparently not real close on hash/watt.

The Polaris architecture has nothing to do with the situation.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
dt8666 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 02:08:54 AM

With 1080TI we try to max out with other algo.

If you are diehard ETH, dual mine with other altcoin is nice as this ti can do much more on dual mine vs others

The facts still remained the profitability has dropped since last two weeks. Have to face reality

But i am very curios how the other guy claim thry can do 500 dgb a day. Will be nice if he can share his trick Smiley
Rashkae

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 06:30:05 AM

If you are diehard ETH, dual mine with other altcoin is nice as this ti can do much more on dual mine vs others

The facts still remained the profitability has dropped since last two weeks. Have to face reality

But i am very curios how the other guy claim thry can do 500 dgb a day. Will be nice if he can share his trick Smiley

It's no trick. I posted my stats. I just used the settings others here have shared

Did I help you? If yes, hit me up with some Eth!
0xD6422bcFD87989cf04D7dB489B9c18b3cA95886e
dt8666 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 06:37:33 AM

It's no trick. I posted my stats. I just used the settings others here have shared

Sorry may have missed that. The setting is?
Model:
Driver version:
Miner: i assume alexis78 taken from nemo
Miner setting?
OC tool:
Power limit:
CC:
MC:
Pool:
Any others?
 Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 318 »
  Print  

Jump to: