Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:48:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do YOU sell?  (Read 52062 times)
kkofor

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:54:35 PM

we always say sell when get profit but no one here say about cut loss. sometime we need sell because nothing good coming

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

I will soon sell when the price has gone up do not wait anymore because the price in the market can go down is not clear, and when the price drops it must quickly buy back in more quantities. then we can get more profit.
The important thing is that we can benefit when we sell Bitcoin. Because whatever the condition as long as we can get a profit margin then selling is a wise choice in my opinion. Due to the current uncertain situation we can not determine the direction of the bitcoin price movement. Prices may increase and may also decline rapidly. So it's better to take the safe way and also not to take risks.

that is right. I think with the recent fast moving or volatility of bitcoin prices, it is ideal to just target just a small percentage of gains like 3-5% because this way, you can easily achieve this and can be saved once the coin's price goes hard low after just a slight increase.
Buckwheet

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

Green Mining 85% Cheaper

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:58:28 PM

I will soon sell when the price has gone up do not wait anymore because the price in the market can go down is not clear, and when the price drops it must quickly buy back in more quantities. then we can get more profit.
The important thing is that we can benefit when we sell Bitcoin. Because whatever the condition as long as we can get a profit margin then selling is a wise choice in my opinion. Due to the current uncertain situation we can not determine the direction of the bitcoin price movement. Prices may increase and may also decline rapidly. So it's better to take the safe way and also not to take risks.

that is right. I think with the recent fast moving or volatility of bitcoin prices, it is ideal to just target just a small percentage of gains like 3-5% because this way, you can easily achieve this and can be saved once the coin's price goes hard low after just a slight increase.
that is the safe way to trade. but people need make more money so they set target higher.

Lecsor

Activity: 210

Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:40:52 PM

I have the common question. How do you understand whn you should to sell your coin? How do you determine it?

I sell the coin when she gave me the profit I planned to get. Then again I buy it if the price is very low. So I get a profit with one coin permanently

╔══ // PumaPay //  Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol   // PumaPay // ══╗
╠════════════  Telegram ─── Bitcointalk ─── Bounty ─── Join Here   ════════════╣
A free blockchain protocol that makes crypto billing accessible to every business  ╝
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:19:37 AM

I have the common question. How do you understand whn you should to sell your coin? How do you determine it?

I sell the coin when she gave me the profit I planned to get. Then again I buy it if the price is very low. So I get a profit with one coin permanently

The very established and undying principle of buying low and selling high should always prevail in your trading.. Although this is very basic, there are really many traders who fall short in following this due to emotional trading.
FrayDigger

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:59:47 AM

The very established and undying principle of buying low and selling high should always prevail in your trading.. Although this is very basic, there are really many traders who fall short in following this due to emotional trading.

Thank you!
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:07:12 PM

I haven't sold my bitcoins yet as its an long term investment for me but I do trade with different altcoins and I sell them when I am in a good position and have decent profits from it as I don't believe in holding altcoins longer as it can be very risky and may bring loss for me.
Good way for long term trading once you know you at least don't need it instantly as that can definitely hold down your coin. That was the reason I mentioned once that everyone knows what works best for them so it is best to stick to that, practice it well to make good decisions. However, it is best for you to follow the news at times instead of just buying in dips thinking everything is alright. Some coins can experience huge dips when they want to be delisted from the exchange and that my brother, can be a huge loss for you.
micher143

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:19:41 PM

I sell at regular intervals whenever I get btc and keep in mind x% of profit. Whenever it reaches that I sell of majority of it and keep small as a future investment. Rest all are sold immediately considering the btc price volatility and its future in respective country.

It is not bad to deal with selling because it could give you a chance to earn and to have a profit. But before you try to deal with selling your Bitcoin you must need to also learn the system of Bitcoin in terms of transactions and trading so you could have the better decision you could ever do.
tatalin

Activity: 255

https://burst.money/

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:22:52 PM

When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?

Whenever you buy a coin, always set your target profit and when will you cut loss. It depends on what is your target profit, depending on what your TAs is, or what did others say. But if you will decide, 5-10% profit will do for a short term trading. And if you are a long term trader, 100% and above.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:16:58 AM

when bitcoin will be one million dollar each. maybe next year ill hold it because i dont need money now i have some cash. ill go for long term investment for it .

Good for you that you have that chance to keep your btcs untouched. Though i don't think you'll see that one to a million btc/dollar ratio. I plan on doing the same, to keep my btcs as long as possible and sell it when it reaches a life changing amount
I usually sell my products for bitcoins and trade my bitcoins during the pump period when the prices of bitcoins are rising day by day, and buy products online for altcoins to buy maximum bitcoins during the dump period when prices of bitcoins are falling as this is the most possible way of earning money as much as I can.
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:45:48 AM

depend on what coin I invest. for altcoin under top 50. x2 is target. and for top 10. 10-15%

Probably a good diversion.
We should know always what coins should be hold for short and long term so we can know how we can profit to it. And if you already determine, set a benchmark in each and watch closely the market so you won't miss anything of your target profit.

ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:34:06 PM

when bitcoin will be one million dollar each. maybe next year ill hold it because i dont need money now i have some cash. ill go for long term investment for it .

Good for you that you have that chance to keep your btcs untouched. Though i don't think you'll see that one to a million btc/dollar ratio. I plan on doing the same, to keep my btcs as long as possible and sell it when it reaches a life changing amount
I usually sell my products for bitcoins and trade my bitcoins during the pump period when the prices of bitcoins are rising day by day, and buy products online for altcoins to buy maximum bitcoins during the dump period when prices of bitcoins are falling as this is the most possible way of earning money as much as I can.
If you are in a trading environment, your call is not actually a good one. Watch the news, if the news gives every possibility of a dip on bitcoin, you can most definitely sell and buy again at dip. This will definitely give you more bitcoin and more profit when it comes back rising again.

Still, I cannot tell you to do this if you are not a pro trader and you are only use to the usual altcoin market alone before you end up selling at the wrong point and blaming me for your mistakes.
rtinedal

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:09:10 PM

When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?

When I sell it is usually 100% to 50%. but my weekly hold that. more technical analysis just for sure like this scenario. when prices and volumes are rising still holding. then you have to sell enough to profit.

That is a very big profit there: 50% - 100% in your trade and you noted that it is weekly. I guess you are trading with low price altcoins and waiting for sharks to pump it on any given day of the week?

not all altcoin will get 50-100% of the price increase but there is another like ethd that's over 100% so I sold it. you're very cheap price I bought it and maybe a pump because of the hype.
miguelmorales85

Activity: 544
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:18:22 PM

Here I am again, when do you sell?
My answer is hold the most that you can, why? because the potential of bitcoin is not ever near from be reached. I dont want to sound like a religious wack but I would only sell in case of real emergency, treat Bitcoin like gold. After all it is digital gold.
krypt0n1

Activity: 238

🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:27:05 PM

I often try to take out my initial investment in a project when it has seen decent growth (decent being relative to how strong I see the project) and I will keep assessing the to look for fundamental changes. After the initial investment is taken out, I will often let the profits ride. If the coin reaches top 20, i often consider scaling out to look for new projects that are undervalued. Saying this, i have several top 20 coins in my long term portfolio.

theunbeatable

Activity: 546
Merit: 258

I could either watch it happen or be a part of it

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:54:03 PM

It seems that 10% for sales transactions is quite high, I think 2-5% get a big enough profit although it can be done on a regular basis may be better.

Thats what im thinking from the start that I've started trading (well my basis is from 25%-30%) but you can rarely get the coin make the price that high. I will read some books about trading if I do have time and some techniques in wallstreet. Making it a regular basis is hard for me especially when you have some affairs in the real world.

It depends upon the profit I made but I used to hold as long as possible because in long term we can make some decent amount of the money because the price of Bitcoin is kept increasing, so in future, the value of altcoin will also increase.

Im doing this in the major chains like monero, bat and ethereum, bitcoin. This coins is quite expensive so not everyone can afford it that easy. BTC is  my greatest win by the way, almost 2000% raised just on 2015.
Kakawate

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:30:47 AM

Well, you only sell your coins when you have the price or profit that you had in mind, now if it doesn't meet with what you had in mind, then do not sell it yet, when you bought the coins you invested with, you did your research and based on that you placed your trust that it will make profit, for me its gonna be a dump or profit.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:36:38 AM

Well, you only sell your coins when you have the price or profit that you had in mind, now if it doesn't meet with what you had in mind, then do not sell it yet, when you bought the coins you invested with, you did your research and based on that you placed your trust that it will make profit, for me its gonna be a dump or profit.

If you want to sell bitcoin before check the wallet, you we know the price. Bitcoin price is increasing you sell the bitcoin it is getting more profit. You sell your bitcoin 50% only done it sell your bitcoin full. If what you want to amount you will sell the bitcoin. It is helping to future life and you will invest your business process. Bitcoin price is always increasing. It is beneficial for your saving and sell.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Flomo

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 05:54:26 AM

of course I will consider with the advantages gained, more carefully in observing the movement. very unfortunate when selling at a falling price.
beezare

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:07:01 AM

Here I am again, when do you sell?
My answer is hold the most that you can, why? because the potential of bitcoin is not ever near from be reached. I dont want to sound like a religious wack but I would only sell in case of real emergency, treat Bitcoin like gold. After all it is digital gold.

I really agree, sell in an emergency and really for the important needs but sometimes we also need refreshing and sell some to go on vacation maybe when the price goes up so we have a big profit
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: