Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:15:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do YOU sell?  (Read 52062 times)
websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:11:04 AM

I sold today hope it wasnt panic sell but charts looking not good and market also.
Standard only, I will sell it periodically (when the prices is going up).
This is my strategy and I do this after doing the analysis in several markets and reading news online, Only then did I make a decision.

It was really hard to wait but i think it will be worth since the value in the market is now increasing again from the tragedy dealt of ico's in the china being banned. People and company who invest last month gained 100% profit today since the price go back to normal again.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:12:37 AM

Only at all time highs but I try to never sell. It's best to keep your stash growing so that the fiat value can grow exponentially each year.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:16:04 AM

I sold today hope it wasnt panic sell but charts looking not good and market also.
This is my strategy and I do this after doing the analysis in several markets and reading news online, Only then did I make a decision.

It was really hard to wait but i think it will be worth since the value in the market is now increasing again from the tragedy dealt of ico's in the china being banned. People and company who invest last month gained 100% profit today since the price go back to normal again.

I feel you mate - it is really not that easy to be patient to wait to sell your altcoins especially with the prevailing reds and bad news against cryptocurrencies but it is worthy of noting that the more patient we become the more rewarding will it be. Just like what Warren Buffet said that the one who will be going to earn more in cryptocurrency world will be the one having most patience...
Japinat

Activity: 2996
Merit: 681

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:38:15 AM

Only at all time highs but I try to never sell. It's best to keep your stash growing so that the fiat value can grow exponentially each year.
If we can keep our bitcoins longer the better because the value continues to grow, we have to think more on our goal so we will not be tempted to sell. We always have a chance to sell and make profit but we should aim more because bitcoin is destine to be great and that means the price will rise substantially as it continue to be in the circulation.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
miguelmorales85

Activity: 544
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:07:35 PM

Basic trading rules tell us that we must sell in clear level of resistance.
Remember that in up trends a bull must know that every resistance level broken is a new level of support.
If you want to learn more about trading I recommend you to take a look to investopedia.com

If you know spanish I recommend you the following youtube.com channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwRyuymH_UBHrTSs8KO638w

good luck
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:29:27 PM

If we can keep our bitcoins longer the better because the value continues to grow, we have to think more on our goal so we will not be tempted to sell. We always have a chance to sell and make profit but we should aim more because bitcoin is destine to be great and that means the price will rise substantially as it continue to be in the circulation.

As what a good friend of mine told me about selling bitcoin, he said that diversification still applies and should be your guiding principles regardless of the up and down of bitcoin prices. Now, that diversification he was referring to was that if your only investment is bitcoin, you can at least diversify it by taking a certain percentage purposely to cashout and the retain the rest.
Nonakryse

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:27:39 PM

unless you really have to sell, don't do it. I understand if you want to sell because you need immediately money for some IMPORTANT reason (and by important I don't mean by the newest iPhoneX or the newest laptop) something like a medical need, drugs, family issues/support - these are important reasons to sell your BTC. If you can avoid it don't do it - but if one of the before mentioned occured, you are more than justified to liquidate your entire holding in order to help your loved ones, or youself
Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:18:40 PM

unless you really have to sell, don't do it. I understand if you want to sell because you need immediately money for some IMPORTANT reason (and by important I don't mean by the newest iPhoneX or the newest laptop) something like a medical need, drugs, family issues/support - these are important reasons to sell your BTC. If you can avoid it don't do it - but if one of the before mentioned occured, you are more than justified to liquidate your entire holding in order to help your loved ones, or youself
Now it is not the right time to sell your bitcoins though you may be in need of money. The value is kept increasing.. The hard fork would be November. The value may increase further more. Better sell after November when you see a increased price.
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:29:43 PM

When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?

I do sell my coins/investments when it reached my target percentage usually my target is 30-50% of total investment. So when it reached 30%-50% i will sell it and the re invest it.
Well, and I think you will need to wait for a long time until your goal is complete, hope you divide the capital appropriately, should not focus on one place, that will make you miss many investment opportunities that can help you make a lot of money. Personally, I usually divide the capital into 2 parts, one part that I use to hold the altcoin potential for a long time, and I usually determine the price I will sell before I buy, the rest is I use to trading day and trading in the short term, normally, my target is 5-10% of total investment, this is a pretty safe figure

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
Rebellious

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:17:49 PM

I often go (but it's not recommended) with my guts. When I feel I've done the best profit then I go for a sell. Serious traders would probably use TA to have the best sell point but it's very hard to be accurate
mastadonballs

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:45:07 PM

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.

I do sell my coins/investments when it reached my target percentage usually my target is 30-50% of total investment. So when it reached 30%-50% i will sell it and the re invest it.
Well, and I think you will need to wait for a long time until your goal is complete, hope you divide the capital appropriately, should not focus on one place, that will make you miss many investment opportunities that can help you make a lot of money. Personally, I usually divide the capital into 2 parts, one part that I use to hold the altcoin potential for a long time, and I usually determine the price I will sell before I buy, the rest is I use to trading day and trading in the short term, normally, my target is 5-10% of total investment, this is a pretty safe figure
Do you not invest into Bitcoin for long term as potential altcoin? Because the future of altcoin and the future of Bitcoin are related, if Bitcoin grow more in future, the ecosystem of altcoins also have benefit from Bitcoin and reverse.
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 07:17:39 PM

I Usually sell them if it reached to certain percentage like 20-40% higher from the beginning.

I will try to avoid my mindset about huge expectation. I know it is very Hard to predict the market about High or Low value
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:35:17 PM

I dont see the price when selling i just work for bitcoin and earn and keep them safely in desktop wallet when ever i am in need of fiat currency for my expenses i just convert bitcoin to fiat currency and use it. balance i just keep for long term
terrific

Activity: 2156
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:55:31 PM

I dont see the price when selling i just work for bitcoin and earn and keep them safely in desktop wallet when ever i am in need of fiat currency for my expenses i just convert bitcoin to fiat currency and use it. balance i just keep for long term

Yeah, me either I don't sell it now and I don't intend to sell it if there's no need to do it. And right now what I'm doing is just I keep on holding because there will be a good time to see bitcoin have greater value in the future. And if there will be a good time that I want to have some good time and want to treat my friends and especially myself and my family, I just sell it whenever I want to because they are even more valuable to me, occasionally  it's good to sell some.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:06:34 PM

Yeah, me either I don't sell it now and I don't intend to sell it if there's no need to do it. And right now what I'm doing is just I keep on holding because there will be a good time to see bitcoin have greater value in the future. And if there will be a good time that I want to have some good time and want to treat my friends and especially myself and my family, I just sell it whenever I want to because they are even more valuable to me, occasionally  it's good to sell some.

Probably my strategy would be like this sell whenever it reach the offer between 20-30% in minimum offer but if much higher from this chances will gain bigger profit. You always have to be patient and continue manitoring the prices everyday because we can not hold it forever as you know gonna last forever.
MyIdeas

Activity: 734
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:16:33 PM

I feel you mate - it is really not that easy to be patient to wait to sell your altcoins especially with the prevailing reds and bad news against cryptocurrencies but it is worthy of noting that the more patient we become the more rewarding will it be. Just like what Warren Buffet said that the one who will be going to earn more in cryptocurrency world will be the one having most patience...
Patience is indeed a key to success. If you are not patient, then there is no way that you can make good money and that too from bitcoin. I am personally not in favor of selling my bitcoins till the time I have some other way of meeting my needs. In case, there comes a situation when I am left with no other option, only then I go for selling.
nambunamba

Activity: 378

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:53:36 PM

when bitcoin reach 6k ill sell all my bitcoin. im hold it  till if reach that vàlue. i bought bitcoin at 5300$ so i expect to sell if at 6k $

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
koeb88

Activity: 95

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:16:20 AM

I won't sell my btc until I have a very big amount of them or a bubble "coming up" (selling all If I can do it) until then I try to increase my amount of btc by trading. I also invest that amount in btc, what I can spend without needing it.
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:09:06 AM

While you're doing a long term investment, I believe that you have a specific target time to cash out some of your asset or even all of your asset. Just Like I did, I will decide to cash out some of my crypto currency asset in around 5 years forward, and left the rest for my old age. Even So, I would like to sell it when it's on a peak price in that time. That's why, the long term investment are better than other strategies. The other side, I also doing active trade with my 20% of wealth.
havoc928

Activity: 379

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:37:18 AM

when bitcoin reach 6k ill sell all my bitcoin. im hold it  till if reach that vàlue. i bought bitcoin at 5300$ so i expect to sell if at 6k $
it's 5700$ now on wex so I think bitcoin price will reach 6k$ soon

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (   About us   Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: