Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:22:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do YOU sell?  (Read 52056 times)
henmark

Activity: 783
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:00:08 AM

When I need money or when I feel like I gotta sell and buy later cheaper.

If you can afford other fiat money except this bitcoin savings, then I advise you not to sell bitcoin for your daily life matters. Bitcoins are so important now and in future it will be like gold. So don’t just waste them in daily house hold needs and other expenses.

If you have any other savings, use them and let them hold until the best price comes and then you are selling it for bigger profits.
It all depends on the person himself. I am firm believer of this thing that selling cannot bring you any fruitful results. I do not sell most of the times because of the reason that I know this thing that holding can help me in having more amount of profit.

I only sell my bitcoins when I am in some kind of emergency and I am left with no other option. Holding is the best thing which you need to do for better tomorrow.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Streamlink

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:36:12 AM

I am still a beginner and do not really understand about buying and selling bitcoin, especially about a good exchange place and safe .
There are lot of things which you’ll get to learn with the passage of time. The most important thing which you need to keep in your mind at the time of selling your bitcoins is that you really need to sell your bitcoins at the time when you are getting enough profit in return. Do not go for selling of your bitcoins at the time when the market price is falling down as it will result in nothing profitable.
tb4eva

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:08:40 AM

I was late to the party...bought recently, when the Segwit fork failed and Bitcoin dipped below 6k. Haven't sold yet.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:26:37 PM

I was late to the party...bought recently, when the Segwit fork failed and Bitcoin dipped below 6k. Haven't sold yet.

Whoah lucky you then. Advisable to just keep it until next year. If you don't have much time to day trade and play with the fluctuations, hold it til next year. The forecasts are too good to pass up and bitcoin may very well go way past 10k. You're going to be one happy guy then

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
fireblond

Activity: 200

Thrive

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:54:44 PM

Buy the rumor sell the news, another thing important when it comes to selling is the ROI depending on the asset and if I believe it can give a good ROI I usually hold.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     T H R I V E     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE PREMIUM DECENTRALIZED AD MARKETPLACE
Facebook    Twitter    Linkedin    Telegram    Medium    TGE PRIVATE ROUND  |  January 15th, 2018  ]
Kriptex

Activity: 197

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:28:24 PM

Ethereum - I'll sell for $500 each.

For bitcoin, I'll sell for $100,000 each.

For litecoin, I'll sell for $250 each.

I'm a holder, it's nt urgent for me and I always try to maximize my profit for my investments.
PrinceCaspian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:32:29 PM

I always sell when the price is on the new all time high or if the price has reached the same high or peak price of a particular coin based on the chart. I don't sell coins for low price or not that huge profit because i always sell when the price is high and if my gains are at least 30%.

▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄████████████████████████████████████▀▀███▄
  █████████▀        ▀███████████████▀         ▀████   ██████   ██████▀██     ███████████▄    ██████████   ███████████▄
 █████████    ▄▄▄▄    █████████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███    █████   ██████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀████
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███     ████   ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███       ███
██████████   ▀█████▄▄▄█████████████   ███████   ███      ███   ████████████            ███   ███          ███       ███
███████████▄    ▀▀█████████████████   ███████   ███   █   ██   ████████████            ███   ███  █████   ███      ▄███
██████████████▄▄    ▀██████████████   ███████   ███   ██   █   ████████████            ███   ███  ▀▀▀▀▀   ███    █████▀
██████████▀▀▀█████▄   █████████████   ███████   ███   ███      ████████████            ███   ███          ███     ███
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███   ████     ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███      ███
 █████████    ▀▀▀▀    █████████████▄   ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████    ██████████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███       ███
  █████████▄        ▄███████████████▄         ▄████   ██████   ██████▄██     ███████████▀    ██████████   ███        ███
   ▀████████████████████████▀████████████████████████████████████▄▄███▀
      ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
█████|     Telegram     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Youtube     |     Facebook     |█████

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER
ANN Thread

PRIVATE SALE...MARCH 10
PRE-SALE▬▬▬.MARCH 25
CROWDSALE.APRIL 11
dissgo

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:35:17 PM

I'm definitely a holder, so choose long-term.
When each coin hits all time high, then I sell it but not put all.
Cause probably there's moment when it can hit double new all time high.

and for short-term, ping-pong on trading, I used to take 5% profit.
pinkliar

Activity: 262

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:39:39 PM

When I need money or when I feel like I gotta sell and buy later cheaper.

If you can afford other fiat money except this bitcoin savings, then I advise you not to sell bitcoin for your daily life matters. Bitcoins are so important now and in future it will be like gold. So don’t just waste them in daily house hold needs and other expenses.

If you have any other savings, use them and let them hold until the best price comes and then you are selling it for bigger profits.
It all depends on the person himself. I am firm believer of this thing that selling cannot bring you any fruitful results. I do not sell most of the times because of the reason that I know this thing that holding can help me in having more amount of profit.

I only sell my bitcoins when I am in some kind of emergency and I am left with no other option. Holding is the best thing which you need to do for better tomorrow.
this is the best thing to do selling only with some emergency but when your not really needed it i dont think that selling anytime that really wanted to like are not profitable and advisable for a trader , some are selling with their target price then after that they save it so when they need it even if this was immediately there are some money that they can got for.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
finlandais

Activity: 397

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:13:54 PM

I mostly believe in holding my bitcoin's but the situations in which I sell my coins are: when I need some money and I am unable to arrange it from somewhere else so usually sell some of my coins.One more situation in which I sell my coins is when the price reaches it's all time high value and there are chances of a drop so I sell my coins in order to get the best out of that rise.

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
█████ BRIDGING MARKETS █████
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
Bayard2018

Activity: 146
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:54:46 PM

If i were hold my 1000 ETH since the beginning at 6 dollar
It would have been better for me
Or 2000 etc
Or 7 btc at 300 dollar
Or neoscoin at 50 sat or pivx
Hold is a good way to win
But look at nexuscoin it touch 92ksat and plunge at 10k
So hold is not a rule to follow blindly
It seems that BTC is up but maybe in few days BCC or other blockchain
Will replace it in 2 hours
Rules are moving, innovation don t stop, hackers are working hard too
So don t play your life on a blockchain bet if you re not ready to loose everything

A good rule would be to sold in a pump or hype even if you don t sell at the top

CHEVALIER BAYARD Sans peur et sans reproche
hari9981

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:59:05 PM

altcoin or bitcoin prices are often fluctuating. I buy altcoin or bitcoin at a cheap price or when ico lasts then I hold it. when the price goes up that's when I sell my altcoin. because then I make a profit
lutfi-hasan

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:24:20 PM

When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?
I will sell when the market price soars and we can release the price.
TeamUpcoin

Activity: 151

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 01:44:37 PM

Before you enter a trade, set a goal for yourself. That way you will know your exact exit point when the time comes.

Without a clear plan you are more likely to lose out because emotions will get in your way.

So well-thought out plan is critical for a successful trader. You can aim to sell, at  +10% from the buying price or sell at a fixed rate, say 8000 or 8300 per USDT/BTC

I also wanted to recommend a book called "A disciplinned trader" by Mark Douglas, it will help you in your trading endeavor.
Daimon88

Activity: 397

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:45:52 PM

I sell my bitcoin when I was satisfied to the price of this in the market also, I sell only the half of my bitcoin when I have a lot of savings in my bitcoin wallet. Because I just want to save the remaining for the future value of bitcoin. so many in next couple of Month we may see even higher price so I will prefer to hold at a moment and will sell only when it crosses $10k mark.
it is all in the speculation! first you need to analysis about the market and all the situation that what is going on.i think no one is going to sell their coins at the movement because at the movement price of bitcoin is rising with the passage of time .every one want higher profit.because they know  that this is going to be a very big investment.and can make then rich in the long term or in the future.if people want to sell their coins .they need to sell when they know that they can make good and high profit..
There are so many people who are trading on random profit based strategy. It means they are holding their coin for a day or two or weeks or months or for year but they don’t have any solid reason behind this. They only see the prices going high and become happy. And when they earn a lot of margin then they decide to sell. This is better strategy as you don’t become greedy.
mininghubby

Activity: 140
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:53:36 PM

I use bitcoin wallet to cash in with my salary and invest it on bitcoin.. my plan is when i get atleast 50 percent profit i think it's time to sell it.
i think that it is impossible to predict the right time.but we can say that we need to sell the bitcoins we the price goes high and need to buy when the price goes lower when the price of bitcoin start to increase then we need to hold when we realize that  price going to decrease then we can sell it to make high profit.
gadimbrut

Activity: 418

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:01:22 PM

usually I sell altcoin at a price that I think is quite profitable, now I like to buy altcoin mbaru the price is still cheap, usually I will hold altcoin a few months and sell it when it is listing in big market
tmaleha

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:03:30 PM

When we want to sell is purely depend upon the situation of the market and the performance of the invested amount and the trend of market upwards or downwards. We have to consider all aspects and then only we decide to sell or hold.
BitScreener

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 05:19:57 PM

According to Buffet, sell when everybody knows about it (news out)
kamotharnn

Activity: 229

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:58:07 PM

I use bitcoin wallet to cash in with my salary and invest it on bitcoin.. my plan is when i get atleast 50 percent profit i think it's time to sell it.
i think that it is impossible to predict the right time.but we can say that we need to sell the bitcoins we the price goes high and need to buy when the price goes lower when the price of bitcoin start to increase then we need to hold when we realize that  price going to decrease then we can sell it to make high profit.
we can not make a good prediction for a right time but we can make a decision for each price that we want to price. My target right now is $10000. So whenever bitcoin hits $10000, I will sell them to usdt. Then, I will wait for bitcoin to drop its price to about $8000 in order to buy it with the cheaper price Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: