Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:32:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do YOU sell?  (Read 52062 times)
Bayard2018

Activity: 146
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:46:00 PM

I use bitcoin wallet to cash in with my salary and invest it on bitcoin.. my plan is when i get atleast 50 percent profit i think it's time to sell it.
i think that it is impossible to predict the right time.but we can say that we need to sell the bitcoins we the price goes high and need to buy when the price goes lower when the price of bitcoin start to increase then we need to hold when we realize that  price going to decrease then we can sell it to make high profit.
we can not make a good prediction for a right time but we can make a decision for each price that we want to price. My target right now is $10000. So whenever bitcoin hits $10000, I will sell them to usdt. Then, I will wait for bitcoin to drop its price to about $8000 in order to buy it with the cheaper price Wink

Usdt are you sure?
You can t trust usdt blindly it s better to sold for fiat and wait for opportunities.
It s difficult to win with volatility and it s harder with crypto low caps.
The right timing is the key you can lose all or win a lot on the same value
So hold even if it go lower and sold in everithing that seems like a pump could be a good idea
Sold at a fixed date can t be a right decision.
A true diversification is needed too even if you believe a lot to a value because you have to protect yourself against a big issue
And more you can bet on the end of the issue if you have enough money on others cryptos or bitcoin or fiat

CHEVALIER BAYARD Sans peur et sans reproche
Anon

Activity: 53
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:48:46 PM

Never.
I'm holding everyhitng in crypto until I get $1M. Only then I will start cashing out.
francis2

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:12:58 AM

When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?
At the end it is up to each person to decide when to sell, instead of a price I have decided that I’m going to hold for a particular amount of time and I’m going to sell  after holding for that many years.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:58:26 AM

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.

It is really hard to know whether it is right time to sell our coins. Most of the traders loses their money because they committed mistakes like they are panic selling and also selling their coins in wrong moment. We should always plan for us to gain profit.
Obviously only the thought of selling your coins comes in the mind when you know that the price has fallen to an unexpected level. This is actually termed as panic selling. Mainly those that buy the coins recently before dump are going to decide for getting rid of them at once and save the most they can that had been invested for the buying purposes.

But if someone would keep firm belief then he could become a millionaire even before turning 18 that could be witnessed with a glorified example of the boy who didn’t join college because he has earned much to spend his whole life.
That is absolute right. There are more chances for bitcoin to give to more profits if you’re holding them. Reason is, for every next year bitcoin prices are going up and this make it more famous. So if you hold for more than three or four years believe me you will be a millionaire at least when you sell your bitcoins at the end. Decide wisely what is being done from your side.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:52:04 AM

I sell my bitcoin when I was satisfied to the price of this in the market also, I sell only the half of my bitcoin when I have a lot of savings in my bitcoin wallet. Because I just want to save the remaining for the future value of bitcoin. so many in next couple of Month we may see even higher price so I will prefer to hold at a moment and will sell only when it crosses $10k mark.
if you survive the current drop in Bitcoin, then this milestone, which you mean in 10,000 dollars, will be passed before the end of this year or at the beginning of the next. The matter is that all have already given 7000 dollars by the end of this year, but we already had this maximum And even more today. We need to wait for these fluctuations to end and we will again see Bitcoin's active growth.
Yeah the main thing is satisfaction if investor and this thing matter a lot don’t greed to much sell when it prices get high and if you will wait for more profit other investor will sell their coin and you will be again in the waiting condition for profit and as price is at 6.5k this time is not suitable for selling this is purely buying time and when prices will click to the 8k then I will sell to get my profit for which I am waiting.
laetitiavh

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:29:37 AM

I only sell when i'm in 2 situations. I need money and i think that's the top price of that's coin, i will sell it to protect my profits from it.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:06:00 AM

I sell my bitcoin when I was satisfied to the price of this in the market also, I sell only the half of my bitcoin when I have a lot of savings in my bitcoin wallet. Because I just want to save the remaining for the future value of bitcoin. so many in next couple of Month we may see even higher price so I will prefer to hold at a moment and will sell only when it crosses $10k mark.
if you survive the current drop in Bitcoin, then this milestone, which you mean in 10,000 dollars, will be passed before the end of this year or at the beginning of the next. The matter is that all have already given 7000 dollars by the end of this year, but we already had this maximum And even more today. We need to wait for these fluctuations to end and we will again see Bitcoin's active growth.
Yeah the main thing is satisfaction if investor and this thing matter a lot don’t greed to much sell when it prices get high and if you will wait for more profit other investor will sell their coin and you will be again in the waiting condition for profit and as price is at 6.5k this time is not suitable for selling this is purely buying time and when prices will click to the 8k then I will sell to get my profit for which I am waiting.

Make sense. I am also targetting 8k bitcoin price before selling majority of my coins. That time, the gain is good already and I will use the money buying high-end mountain bike for good health and an off-road motorcycle for once a month long ride in neighboring towns.
Lumining

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:15:17 PM

Make sense. I am also targetting 8k bitcoin price before selling majority of my coins. That time, the gain is good already and I will use the money buying high-end mountain bike for good health and an off-road motorcycle for once a month long ride in neighboring towns.

You'd be better with saving some money from your gain when you sell instead of spending all of it. You can wait for the market to drop which will happen sooner or later and then you can buy yourself back in with the spare money you kept.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
carodupuis

Activity: 382

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:07:23 AM

Few people out there are saying to market when the prices of Bitcoin rises. I don't know very well what logic they're using. Why would you market when you are getting much less quantity of Bitcoins . Like when the prices of Bitcoin are high so you will get much less Bitcoins for your amount of USD. And if the prices of Bitcoin are much less, you will more and more Bitcoins for your same amount of United states dollar after which with the growing prices of Bitcoins you may make much more earnings
Agreed! There is no one other than that of the person who is having bitcoin is his wallet who can actually decide this thing that when is the right time to sell his bitcoins. In my opinion, there is no need of selling your bitcoins especially till the time, there is no emergency of selling them. Holding is the best thing to do and it can really help you in having more money. Sell only when you are getting enough profit in return.
ammo-reloaded

Activity: 70

Ammo Reloaded - Project Lead

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 11:09:13 AM

Some altcoins do look promising but i would stay with 70% into BTC

AMMO RELOADED ★ Disrupting Blockchain Gaming ★ Coinmarketcap
WiryEve

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:51:34 AM

I think future of crypto is a very interesting and important topic.. and I want to learn more about it... from my experience, I feel that conferences could be a good way to learn... I found this one https://blockshowasia.com/ and I'm thinking to go, but tickets are not so cheap, I have money and I suppose it could worth it... what do you think guys? have you heard about It?
btc_angela

Activity: 2632
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:58:27 AM

As far as I'm concern, I would rather sell my bitcoin in such extreme cases. One that I can think of is that when there is a emergency situation on my end and I need fresh cash. I wouldn't think twice to sell it even if the price is low as long as I have made some profits. But other than that, bitcoin is for the long haul. How many of us became rich just by holding on it? And all speculations lead to bitcoin reaching $10K. So if you can just hodl on it and there's no need on your part to sell then then don't do it because you will lose your potential profits. And on the altcoins, nah, they are all for the short term only so its up to you whether to sell and cash it out and go on the next coin.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:04:46 PM

Well for me, I sell when I need the money, I don't sell as a trader. I mainly sell when there is a higher rise in its price, which saves more of my experience.

With the little I know about trading is you sell at high price and buy at the lowest price to make a better profit.
A Fahriz Thiago

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 12:53:31 PM

My target, when the coin price increases, I will sell a few% of the coin and the remainder of the coin I will hold for future investment.

tamoymie

Activity: 108

"SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY"

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:39:27 PM

vineyards needs time to harvest the best grapes
banquet needs time to be serve in a festive way
and achievements needs time to be earned at the end of the day
so, same with bitcoin... it needs time to be fully take its highest value before you can called it a great sale! for me
 its the essence of trade my friend.

FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:19:57 PM

in 10 years when 1btc = 1mln... joke! I will never sell  Grin Grin Grin
Holding the bitcoins and that too for such a huge period of time is really a very good option. I myself think of holding of bitcoin as the best thing to do. I personally do not sell my bitcoins most of the time no matter how much profit I’m getting in return.

It is because of the reason that I know this thing that there is nothing more profitable than that of holding. I only sell at the time of need.
I think you are right about the price of bitcoins. I think that the right time to sell is never. One should consider the selling of cryptocurrencies as a permanent loss at his side .I do not believe in the price fluctuation stress and  many other factors that provoke a sense of selling time in the owner. One should keep hold of his currency that could result in him becoming a billionaire at the end.
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:21:52 PM

I preempt its 10% sample target if it allows me to sell it there is no reason to hold it any longer, I know the possibility of its price to go up again there must be but I prefer in 10% only, I do not want to risk losing 10% that's just an example
MrGaSp

Activity: 418
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:56:25 PM

in 10 years when 1btc = 1mln... joke! I will never sell  Grin Grin Grin
Holding the bitcoins and that too for such a huge period of time is really a very good option. I myself think of holding of bitcoin as the best thing to do. I personally do not sell my bitcoins most of the time no matter how much profit I’m getting in return.

It is because of the reason that I know this thing that there is nothing more profitable than that of holding. I only sell at the time of need.
I think you are right about the price of bitcoins. I think that the right time to sell is never. One should consider the selling of cryptocurrencies as a permanent loss at his side .I do not believe in the price fluctuation stress and  many other factors that provoke a sense of selling time in the owner. One should keep hold of his currency that could result in him becoming a billionaire at the end.

I don't think that people will never sell their coins as and even if you will never sell then how you gonna become billionaire and even at that time you will think of holding it to sell when you become multi billionaire and holding it too long is very risky as no one knows what will be the scenario in future so its always good to sell it at higher profits and buy it back at the dip.
Jedzkie050617

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:10:57 PM

It is really hard to know whether it is right time to sell our coins. Most of the traders loses their money because they committed mistakes like they are panic selling and also selling their coins in wrong moment. We should always plan for us to gain profit.
Obviously only the thought of selling your coins comes in the mind when you know that the price has fallen to an unexpected level. This is actually termed as panic selling. Mainly those that buy the coins recently before dump are going to decide for getting rid of them at once and save the most they can that had been invested for the buying purposes.

But if someone would keep firm belief then he could become a millionaire even before turning 18 that could be witnessed with a glorified example of the boy who didn’t join college because he has earned much to spend his whole life.
That is absolute right. There are more chances for bitcoin to give to more profits if you’re holding them. Reason is, for every next year bitcoin prices are going up and this make it more famous. So if you hold for more than three or four years believe me you will be a millionaire at least when you sell your bitcoins at the end. Decide wisely what is being done from your side.

Each and everyone of us has different strategies on how to deal our bitcoin due to its unpredictable value, if we are going to sell or hold that we will wait in the right time. For me, I will sell some of it when its value getting high and hold some of it to have profit. Also, I will sell it having an emergency purposes. Soon the value of bitcoin will be much more higher as todays value since it getting higher having a profit in the future.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:36:59 PM

I use bitcoin wallet to cash in with my salary and invest it on bitcoin.. my plan is when i get atleast 50 percent profit i think it's time to sell it.
i think that it is impossible to predict the right time.but we can say that we need to sell the bitcoins we the price goes high and need to buy when the price goes lower when the price of bitcoin start to increase then we need to hold when we realize that  price going to decrease then we can sell it to make high profit.
we can not make a good prediction for a right time but we can make a decision for each price that we want to price. My target right now is $10000. So whenever bitcoin hits $10000, I will sell them to usdt. Then, I will wait for bitcoin to drop its price to about $8000 in order to buy it with the cheaper price Wink
Yes it is case in majority of counties around the globe. Many governments have banned bitcoin will no reason behind it. They only want to control it but as bitcoin is decentralized so it can never happen. And thus governments only found this way to ban it so that no one can use it in their country and thus fiat is main forex in current time. But believe me future will be more different.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: