Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:01:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do YOU sell?  (Read 52066 times)
Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:37:45 AM

Every people have their own strategy how or when they sell their bitcoin or maybe altcoins. For me when I don’t try to sell my bitcoin because I have a little amount of bitcoin came from the joining in the different signature campaigns. My planning to sell my Bitcoin when it reach the double the price of the IPhone X, because I want to have that kind of phone.

In order for you to determine as to when are you going sell your coins is to have a target price.  Setting up a target price will help you decide when you like to sell your bitcoin or altcoin. And as for me, if I'm going to sell either my altcoin or bitcoin, I would definitely use it for important things. It's hard to earn bitcoin or altcoin, so you have to spend it wisely. And buying an iPhone x is not a thing for me. Although we have our own choices on where we want to spend our money,  but see it to you'll never regret spending it. Just a piece of advice tho. 
CornHub

Activity: 62
Merit: 60

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:10:29 AM

For you to sell, you should own a coin, you should have the instinct that it is the right time for you to sell your coin, that might be a benefit of the doubt or fail but its your own strategy on how you see the value and movement of a coins price. Best time for selling is at a high price and low price when buying, study the market of your coins and its past prices to be more precise and accurate. Always aim for earning and not collecting.
Mr.X(999)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:55:08 AM

It's just like gambling but, you also need to see the perspective of the index. My personal strategy is I'll just invest in short-term, you able get income <10% in weeks. Because if you invest in long-term, it kinda makes you think about it all the time and it cost a lot of possibilities on that decision.
antropogen0009

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:04:00 AM

Im selling only when Im leaving the project at all, forever
zhanyiguai261315

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:41:00 PM

I like to buy and sell according to the recent price history of the currency, according to the percentage increase I set at the time of purchase. But, I always like to keep a percentage of every purchase of the last to maintain long-term portfolio diversification, rose more will sell part of the left part of their own virtual currency long hold!
Drizzlepistol

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:10:56 PM

i think you should keep a cool head. Sometimes, you have to foget how much money you lose or win in trading, and focus on choosing the entry points or exit point.  Embarrassed

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
kuruyama

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:16:32 PM

I sell my bitcoin if my investment is already have a good profits to it because I can earn more money in this already. Nobody can say if the bitcoin's value achieved already the highest value because bitcoin is volatility. This can say that bitcoin sometimes dump or pump always. It depends to your strategy in trading because there is always a tip in trading. Just set your profit goals in your bitcoin and your desired profits already to know when do you sell your bitcoin already.
ArIMy11

Activity: 519
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:32:27 PM

When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?

There are some situations I consider before I decided to sell my coins

First, when I need money and this is the only coin I've got. Even though the price of a certain coin is low I still sell it because I choose to solve the problem than wait for the price to rise. If I have any other coin to sell, I sell the coin that can't give me much more profit.

Second, when the price can already gave me a big profit. I still do not know how to read or analyze the market so when the price goes up I am just monitoring it and when I notice that its going down, I set the price immediately.

Last, when I am going to use it to buy another coin even though its price is low. I believe that it is not a good coin so I will just use it to buy another good coin that can give me much profit.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC        SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:32:37 PM

When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?

There are some situations I consider before I decided to sell my coins

First, when I need money and this is the only coin I've got. Even though the price of a certain coin is low I still sell it because I choose to solve the problem than wait for the price to rise. If I have any other coin to sell, I sell the coin that can't give me much more profit.

Second, when the price can already gave me a big profit. I still do not know how to read or analyze the market so when the price goes up I am just monitoring it and when I notice that its going down, I set the price immediately.

Last, when I am going to use it to buy another coin even though its price is low. I believe that it is not a good coin so I will just use it to buy another good coin that can give me much profit.

I got your point. You know, when I was a newbie at trading, I have tons of rules I set to myself; the rules I set either comes from a book I studied on, online quorum, academic talks, and all other idealistic theories I have set for myself as a trader. But I realized that as days pass and the older I get in the trading business, there are really no hard and fast rules when it comes to a successful trading venture because we all have various measures of success. Perhaps a simple math will help you do the trick. If indeed you have gotten back your return on investment at a time you have set, then you have succeeded in that trading. The percentage of success then depends on how fast your clock is running because it is YOU who set the pace. 
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:42:27 PM

Well, honestly, I don't usually my coins without a need for it. I have learned from the past from selling too early. One time, I sold some of altcoins because it was losing value drastically, after 4 months the value went ridiculously high. From then on, I only sell when there is a need for it. I always consider my cryptos as an emergency fund and not something I can use for my daily needs.
DByte

Activity: 164

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:43:28 PM

I prefer holding my bitcoin for long-term I only sell when bitcoin is going through correction.
dvillier

Activity: 238
Merit: 57

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:04:07 PM

For those that sold their bitcoins as of now, it's great to see that you were content with your increases yet by and by I won't offer for the time being. I'm not that disappointed with the present cost of bitcoin yet I can't offer for the time being as there's no need of doing it and I'm almost certain that it's cost will rise once more. So for the present it's smarter to simply continue sitting tight at the correct cost before offering, I'm not even in a rush so there's no compelling reason to freeze.
boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:15:46 PM

I sell my bitcoin for only to reasons, I need cash and its prices go higher. Basically I need bitcoin or I can say we need bitcoin when its price is low. Then we will keep it until the prices go high, it is like an easy money right. But it takes a big courage and gats for this technique because nothing is fair in this word. In terms that bitcoin to convert to cash, I used it to pay my bills thru online and even shopping online. I also send money to other people in our country thru bitcoin. What also good in bictcoin is if I travel I don’t need to bring a lot of money because some of the countries are accepting bitcoin. Imagine how convenient that was.
Gabz999

Activity: 266
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:39:34 PM

When I saw that its already made me profit 5-10% I will sold it instantly. I don't want to regret not selling while it is still in profit. I just want to secure my profit first before anything els. Im a day trading that's why profit is mor important to me. I do hold some bitcoins for long terms also Smiley
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:36:49 PM

If you do the trading, you must have target. Example, when you buy alcoin 10$ when the dump happen 15% be ready to sell it. And when pump happen for 30%-40% that's the estimation when you must sell it.

But if you only invest, sell when you need it.

Konco126

Activity: 295
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:42:18 PM

I think, when I want to sell the bitcoin I have. I will decide to sell it if the bitcoin price is high enough and I don't have a handle for the necessities of life anymore. So I had to sell some bitcoin I had. Because if not so or keep the bitcoin I have, for so on I will not be able to meet the necessities of life.
mico

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:42:47 PM

I do not have a fix selling time. But I have set own exit point and I also check the market requently to hunt the news and make the right decision. So, I often get profit early

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:42:10 AM

I do not have a fix selling time. But I have set own exit point and I also check the market requently to hunt the news and make the right decision. So, I often get profit early

for sure we can capitalize on the big news about bitcoin. If we see some bad news about bitcoin, we can buy when it is down already - buy when people are scared and sell when they are greedy.
Topaz72

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:07:46 PM

I will sell bitcoin if i will have a profit of 50-70%. But i wont sell everything, i will only sell some of it when i'm in need of money.  I will still save some for future use, besides bitcoin's value continues to rise. I will regret if i sell my bitcoins too early without thinking how much profit will i get from it.
The best time to sell bitcoin is when its price go high as last month when its price go high so everyone they sell their bitcoins and I also sell all my bitcoins and it give a very huge profit then ever normally people buy bitcoin when its price go down and then they keep it on hold because they are waiting for right time when its price go high then they sell bitcoin and take their profit so always sell bitcoin when its price go high.
CaterpillarRave

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:00:37 PM

I will sell when I reach 10% of profit. that's my rule. It helped me quite successfully until now. You should not be greedy. Otherwise you will lose everything. Make your own rules. Do not let psychology dominate you. you will succeed. Do not try to hold long to have the opportunity x2 x3 balance. That is a trader's vices
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: