Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:01:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain  (Read 131108 times)
dzonikg28

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:26:51 PM

Calling people 'idiots,' altcoiner555? Thanks for that!

There are, I feel, a range of questions that the devs should be here answering right now.

Please go ahead and ask them Smiley

Firstly, what documents and information constitute 'KYC'? When Bittrex launched an enhanced-verification project last year, they arrogantly assumed that their KYC processes encompassed every national-postal-address system on the planet. As a consequence, I experienced days of drama -- locked out of my account.

If 'KYC' remains a set of unknown documents/information, then where do I stand? Do I hold on to my tokens until the conversion begins, only to find that I am simply unable to 'KYC'?

Secondly, check the latest Vlog. A Nimiq team member is seen making little electronic hats for little electronic heads. Meanwhile, both this thread and the Reddit have token holders expressing concerns about losing their holdings -- ??
KYC is the policy and trend that all governments use to "protect" people. I miss the old "de-centralization"

What does it mean that you miss the old de-centralization? The problem is that it's wishful thinking that a world can function properly without any regulatory boundaries. I am the last person to believe in KYC and AML and what not, but I am also not totally convinced of this 100% libertarian model where every single individual is responsible for itself and, hence, partially for society as a whole. I'd like to see a system where KYC exists, but KYC doesn't necessarily mean that you have to provide your name and your foto. Maybe one day KYC is a unique string of bytes and bits representing you in a way that heavily protects your privacy as long as you don't violate the rights of others.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄███▄▄
█████████████▄    ████  ▄████████▄    ▄███████████▄
█████▀    ▀████   ████  ███▀  ▀██▀   ████▀    ▀████▄
████        ████  ████  ▀████▄▄▄    ████        ████
████        ████  ████    ▀▀▀████▄  ████        ████
 ████▄    ▄████   ████  ▄██▄  ▄███   ████▄    ▄█████
  ▀██████████▀    ████  ▀████████▀    ▀█████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ████
                                                ████
                                                ████
.....MARKET DAY - MARCH 20TH 2023....Download Now .#...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yyz13857180757

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:36:12 PM

I hope the team will move to PoS as soon as possible to avoid the ecological impact BTC  have now

It's true that Nimiq Coin, as the first block chain built for the Web platform, is the right way for POS in the future, and even after ETH has changed in this direction. In addition, when can Nimiq be able to log in to an Asian trading market? I think the basis of the Asian currency market is very good.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:04:44 PM

the ecological impact BTC

is marginal compared to all the rest. Just put that story to bed. Seriously.

alexandrofff

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:17:11 PM

I hope the team will move to PoS as soon as possible to avoid the ecological impact BTC  have now

It's true that Nimiq Coin, as the first block chain built for the Web platform, is the right way for POS in the future, and even after ETH has changed in this direction. In addition, when can Nimiq be able to log in to an Asian trading market? I think the basis of the Asian currency market is very good.

Why do you think that the basis of the Asian currency market is very good?
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:24:52 PM

KYC is the policy and trend that all governments use to "protect" people. I miss the old "de-centralization"

You mean to protect people in power Wink

Nimiq

Activity: 251
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:35:07 PM

There are, I feel, a range of questions that the devs should be here answering right now.

Firstly, what documents and information constitute 'KYC'? When Bittrex launched an enhanced-verification project last year, they arrogantly assumed that their KYC processes encompassed every national-postal-address system on the planet. As a consequence, I experienced days of drama -- locked out of my account.

If 'KYC' remains a set of unknown documents/information, then where do I stand? Do I hold on to my tokens until the conversion begins, only to find that I am simply unable to 'KYC'?

Secondly, check the latest Vlog. A Nimiq team member is seen making little electronic hats for little electronic heads. Meanwhile, both this thread and the Reddit have token holders expressing concerns about losing their holdings -- ??

Decentralization and KYC and non related matters. A centralized network can use KYC at some point in its evolution and this doesn't mean it has any of the flaws or disadvantages of the centralized economy.

Your reply, nimiq, is polite. Thank you for that. But my concern remains: conversion approaches. You can't tell me what the KYC will involve. And I don't think the dev team has handled the issue at all well.

'Decentralization and KYC [are] non related matters.'        I'd like to go on the record: I agree with salary123: large numbers of people handing over data -- which we can only assume is being stored, and perhaps made available to government agencies -- may reasonably be seen as an instance of 'centralisation.'

The KYC process is defined by the KYC provider, which we are still defining. Our job is to make KYC-NIM relation as safe and easy to follow as possible, but the KYC process itself is not something we can change.

We understand the frustration that was created by the KYC requirement. Probably you have been following Nimiq for some time now and you got to know us well enough to know that this legal requirement was a very bitter pill for us to swallow. We’d strongly prefer to save you this hassle, but we have to be compliant with money laundering laws to build a clean legal foundation for the future of Nimiq.

By nature we care a lot about our  community members’ privacy. Our third-party provider will act under the very strict EU/Swiss privacy laws, which means it’d be a crime to store, duplicate or even sell your data.

*Image Removed*  (http://safe.nimiq.com/#_request/NQ17YTX4X5U65BUXHN5JV6VV260V9UP1D39S_)
zayzik

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:55:47 PM

now if the devs will take a more thoroughly look at cashlinks and decide to launch them at once with the mainnet... girls can dream, right? 😊
buriks

Activity: 826
Merit: 303

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:03:26 PM

now if the devs will take a more thoroughly look at cashlinks and decide to launch them at once with the mainnet... girls can dream, right? 😊
awesome if with mainnet launch they all at once, not only dream girls even awoke from a beautiful dream  Kiss
polylogic

Activity: 546
Merit: 254

ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:53:51 PM

KYC - Know your Customer, just google it...

so to get our NIM we have to send you our data?!

how is the network goin to work? ....
"sorry to create a wallet you need to send us your id"
"sorry, please fill out these forms to participate in mining"
"sorry, to collect your mined coins please fill out these forms and proove that you are allowed to circulate the coin"

i know you try to follow the rules ... and i understand that we dont want anyone here financing some terror and yes this is a browser based blockchain and no cryptocurrency but how is the service going to make up for the loss in financial freedom we get when sending our documents?

btw, thats why i advertise deeponion!

Well, if this the case then this project is more than dead.
The reason why crypto exists is because no one should control over our own money.
But if i have to send my ID to you and fill out stupid things to mine and collect my money then why should i use your service?
Not only do you have my ID and thats terrible enough but also you can control me and my money. No thanks.

This is incorrect. To comply with regulation you have to do KYC to use our NET-to-NIM replacement tool. This doesn't mean you have to do KYC to create a wallet, send/receive NIM or to use any app from the Nimiq Ecosystem. If you join our community you'll find this project is far from dead

it was more a question with some futuristic awnsers.

so we have a ERC-20 token (NET) on the ethereum network and we want it exchanged to a Coin (NIM) on the Nimiq Network and to do that we need to provide KYC compatible documents.
these NIM got premined and you send them to an address on your network we provide and control.

at this point the network started and is getting mined by anonymous users who also receive NIM and maybe trade them on exchange.
what is the point now of collecting KYC documents when the network stays anonymous and you dont offer any incentive for using the Net-to-Nim tool?

im not a shareholder or something, i only hold NIM like all other people of the network. if you really would want to comply, then you need the data of all users because all NIM gets created and sold by you.

.Presale LIVE..Crypto Visa EU OUT NOW.✔ ◾ Bonus Payments.
Cashback ✔ ◾ Rainshowers ✔ ◾ Ambassador Bounty
Founding the next way of banking D E Z E N T R A L I Z E D

|

2gether.global

|

AI optimized
Community driven
Personal banking

❌ VFA Approved
✅ ERC-20 Token
⚠⚠ Join presale now!

Website
Twitter
BTCT ANN
GröBkAz

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:52:41 PM

can anyone here help me ?
trying to run a node js for nimiq testnet backbone
but each time i try to put in the command: sudo certbot certonly —standalone -d .
ronin07

Activity: 742
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:44:59 PM

When there is a detailed instruction for the exchange?

▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄       ▄▄       ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▄   ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀▀▀█▀      ███      ███     ███ ██▀▀▀▀▀
██▀      ▀██ ████▄  ██ ██        ██▀           ██▀██     ████   ████ ██
██        ██ ██ ▀██ ██ ██▄▄▄     ██    ████   ██▀ ▀██    ██▀██ ██▀██ ██▄▄▄
██▄      ▄██ ██  ▀████ ██▀▀▀     ██▄     ██  ██▀   ▀██   ██ ▀███▀ ██ ██▀▀▀
 ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀  ██    ▀██ ██▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██▄▄▄██▀ ████▄▄▄████  ██  ▀█▀  ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀       ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.A-Self Evolving Virtual World.
.Built on Top of Blockchain.....
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
      TWITTER     TELEGRAM      MEDIUM     
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
Nimiq

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:13:10 AM

VLOG 45 Update: Continuing Updates For Mainnet

Continuing to roll out the latest dev team updates, preparing & getting ready for Nimiq mainnet.

For a more detailed list of our tasks for Mainnet check our latest Blog update.

*Image Removed*  (http://safe.nimiq.com/#_request/NQ17YTX4X5U65BUXHN5JV6VV260V9UP1D39S_)
Nimiq

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:15:42 AM

When there is a detailed instruction for the exchange?

We are still finetuning some details. As soon as we are ready we will provide information for NET-to-NIM replacement. Stay tuned  Wink

Nimiq

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:19:35 AM

can anyone here help me ?
trying to run a node js for nimiq testnet backbone
but each time i try to put in the command: sudo certbot certonly —standalone -d .

What's the error?

You can also join our communities on Discord and Telegram to get live help from our community members  Smiley

BlockHell

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:19:42 PM

When is the estimate time to change NET-NIM and complete KYC?
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:46:10 AM

Decentralization and KYC and non related matters. A centralized network can use KYC at some point in its evolution and this doesn't mean it has any of the flaws or disadvantages of the centralized economy.

Your reply, nimiq, is polite. Thank you for that. But my concern remains: conversion approaches. You can't tell me what the KYC will involve. And I don't think the dev team has handled the issue at all well.

'Decentralization and KYC [are] non related matters.'        I'd like to go on the record: I agree with salary123: large numbers of people handing over data -- which we can only assume is being stored, and perhaps made available to government agencies -- may reasonably be seen as an instance of 'centralisation.'

The KYC process is defined by the KYC provider, which we are still defining. Our job is to make KYC-NIM relation as safe and easy to follow as possible, but the KYC process itself is not something we can change.

We understand the frustration that was created by the KYC requirement. Probably you have been following Nimiq for some time now and you got to know us well enough to know that this legal requirement was a very bitter pill for us to swallow. We’d strongly prefer to save you this hassle, but we have to be compliant with money laundering laws to build a clean legal foundation for the future of Nimiq.

By nature we care a lot about our  community members’ privacy. Our third-party provider will act under the very strict EU/Swiss privacy laws, which means it’d be a crime to store, duplicate or even sell your data.

What about hacks?

And here's some insight into what 'KYC' might include: 'it is now commonplace for an individual to have to submit a passport scan, bank statement, and various other documents and to answer a string of questions about their background and the origin of their cryptocurrency. Legolas, for example, requested that investors “Provide as much detail as possible about the origin of the BTC”.'

https://news.bitcoin.com/kyc-requirements-are-making-icos-riskier-not-safer/
misterbigg
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:13:16 AM

Nimiq the only ICO and project where I’ve felt like part of a community
The goal of Nimiq is to make a cryptocurrency easy to and less intimidating without being taken as a complete joke like Dogecoin
Nimiq

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:05:13 PM

When is the estimate time to change NET-NIM and complete KYC?

Since it involves a lot of legal affairs it is, of course, a slow and intricate (but much needed) process. But we plan to have it running soon so we give enough time for users to complete KYC before mainnet launch.

Nimiq

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:11:12 PM

What about hacks?

And here's some insight into what 'KYC' might include: 'it is now commonplace for an individual to have to submit a passport scan, bank statement, and various other documents and to answer a string of questions about their background and the origin of their cryptocurrency. Legolas, for example, requested that investors “Provide as much detail as possible about the origin of the BTC”.'

https://news.bitcoin.com/kyc-requirements-are-making-icos-riskier-not-safer/

In one end we are working with renowned KYC providers who follow the strictest security policies, and on the other, we have top cryptographers in our team, a security expert working with us as our internal auditor and a third-party auditor looking at our code. So is safe to say we care a lot about security. Regarding the information, we are still defining details with our KYC provider but for now I can comment that we are only going to ask personal information about the user. No weird questions or background information.

emanuelgunter

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:21:55 PM

Simplifying the blockchain is one of the most needed things right now, in my opinion.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: