Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:09:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain  (Read 131126 times)
yuluxugi32132

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 01:56:30 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2018, 02:28:22 PM by yuluxugi32132

https://i.imgur.com/EIWr4Et.png

Look at the screenshot and you can see that all repositories are almost dead from this project. No "community" commits

I guess you "just forgot" (you wouldn't do that deliberately, because then you would be the liar, right?) to take a screenshot of the https://github.com/nimiq GitHub organization that contains all the new code...

Still most of the repositories look dead and inactive https://i.imgur.com/utRyMk9.png from 54 repositories only 6 repositories look maintained last 30 days These are the facts. Don't dream what you want to dream. The community is doing a shit about this project.
normana

Activity: 155
Merit: 7

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 02:29:28 PM

Still most of the repositories look dead and inactive from 54 repositories only 6 repositories look maintained last 30 days

You have a "typo" (you wouldn't do that deliberately, because then you would be the liar, right?) there, it's 16 (not 6) repositories with updates the last 30 days.

I just checked for you:
- https://github.com/bitcoin has 2 repositories with updates the last 30 days.
- https://github.com/dogecoin is only 1 active repository where the last update was 26 days ago.
- For https://github.com/ethereum it's actually 65 active repositories, so 4x as many activity with approximately more than 100x funding...

Seems like Nimiq repos are less dead and inactive then quiet some other top currencies - so based on this arguing, Nimiq should be Top-20 on CMC tomorrow and not dead...
thomoak

Activity: 133

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 02:35:25 PM

Nimiq has potential. My Nano did not arrive yet Smiley
yuluxugi32132

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 02:42:12 PM

Yea sure. Thanks for comparing Bitcoin. Here is some statistics where anybody can see that nimiq is a dead project. No real developers are interested in this project, although they spend 2 million dollar to develop the software paying developers. Nimiq will die just like NET Nimiq Exchange Token. When they press the kill switch, NIM will go to dust. Just like when they pressed the kill switch on NET

https://i.imgur.com/vtbwwVA.png

Just be real, developers are not interested in this project. Nobody cares about this project and it doesn't have any impact on the crypto ecosystem.  There is no potential in nimiq. Eventually it will die.
Nimiq

Activity: 251
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 02:53:07 PM

Please contact admin over Telegram to help you with that  Wink

*Image Removed*  (http://safe.nimiq.com/#_request/NQ17YTX4X5U65BUXHN5JV6VV260V9UP1D39S_)
Nimiq

Activity: 251
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 02:58:38 PM

Yea sure. Thanks for comparing Bitcoin. Here is some statistics where anybody can see that nimiq is a dead project. No real developers are interested in this project, although they spend 2 million dollar to develop the software paying developers. Nimiq will die just like NET Nimiq Exchange Token. When they press the kill switch, NIM will go to dust. Just like when they pressed the kill switch on NET

Just be real, developers are not interested in this project. Nobody cares about this project and it doesn't have any impact on the crypto ecosystem.  There is no potential in nimiq. Eventually it will die.

About NET end-of-life, we kept the activation process open far beyond its original schedule and even extended its grace period. You can learn more about it on this blog post: https://medium.com/nimiq-network/and-then-there-was-only-nim-962f43a53aad

And about developers interested in the project, you just have to join the community to see how engaged and interested community developers are. You actually seem to be pretty interested in the project too  Wink

*Image Removed*  (http://safe.nimiq.com/#_request/NQ17YTX4X5U65BUXHN5JV6VV260V9UP1D39S_)
yuluxugi32132

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 03:30:44 PM

About NET end-of-life, we kept the activation process open far beyond its original schedule and even extended its grace period. You can learn more about it on this blog post: https://medium.com/nimiq-network/and-then-there-was-only-nim-962f43a53aad

I was talking about a kill switch. Like you killed NET, after you become bankrupt you will kill as well the NIM website, seed nodes and the entire network will become offline.

And about developers interested in the project, you just have to join the community to see how engaged and interested community developers are. You actually seem to be pretty interested in the project too  Wink

Oh boy. After investing in the ICO and having my investment -90%, I AM NOT INTERESTED INTO THIS SHITCOIN. I took my loses and I moved on.
PainKiller1986

Activity: 202
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 12:02:59 AM

Please contact admin over Telegram to help you with that  Wink

Can you explain about Nano and Nimiq?
yuluxugi32132

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 01:34:53 AM

another fail of nimiq "great tech". The nimiq was and mined by some time with GPU while there is support only for CPU. Here is some benchmark from some users.

1x RTX 2080 = 370KH/s
1x GTX 1080 = 222KH/s
1x GTX 1080TI = 332 kH/s
1x R9 290 = 200kH/s
1x GTX 1070 TI = 184KH/s

RTX 2080 Ti  ~510 kH/s
Titan XP - 400 kH/s
Titan V - 540 kH/s
Tesla P100  - 470 kHs
Tesla V100 - 740 kH/s
GTX 1060 3Gb - ~140kH/s
GTX 1060 6Gb - ~160

here is proof of the GPU miners who are mining this CPU only coin. Total fail

https://i.imgur.com/GA4S8jj.png

it'd only take around 400-500 webminers to compete with a single GPU

He is talking about ledger not the Nano blockchain
PainKiller1986

Activity: 202
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 02:27:49 AM

He is talking about ledger not the Nano blockchain

Thanks
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 12:33:04 PM

I am very thankful for people FUDding this thread, confirming that the project is right on track and becoming increasingly known to the public.

That 2019 may become a great Nimiq year.

kronos123

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 01:37:57 PM

It 's incredible and absurd as any project here on the forum, sooner or later, will go through the fud phase, attack and derision by 1 or more users who "want to warn and save" us poor people.

I've been here in Bitcointalk for about 2 years and there is not a single project that I follow or have followed in the past that has not been attacked and accused of Scam.
Now it's time for Nimiq .... this will pass too Wink
yuluxugi32132

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 01:53:49 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2018, 02:18:38 PM by yuluxugi32132

Why Nimiq will 100% fail? The truth that is never told.

1. The team raised 12 million dollars during the ICO. That investment is -90% for all ICO investors.
2. They raised 12 million dollars, while the project market cap is only 2 million dollars, but instead they bought a 1.2 million dollar villa in Costa Rica. I didn't know that a villa in Costa Rica is more expensive than a villa in Las Vegas.
3. In one year for launching the project, they spent nearly 5 million dollars without doing any marketing. Pretty much they wash ICO money, steady, but surely. Doing marketing will burn all the money.
4. They spent so much money on developers, while the developers best app is Nimipet a fucking joker game with 100 users daily.
5. At the moment, the burning rate according to their previous report before starting the marketing is 250,000 dollars per month.
6. A mining pool was closed due to financial troubles aka Philpool. Another mining pool is set to be closed tonight.
7. Robin (main guy) and founder of the project left the project about 7 months ago.
8. They keep lying that Robin is doing a secret top notch research, while he left the project.
9. The community is full of bots to make us believe that the community telegram is growing.
10. They use a trading bot to create fake volumes and set the market cap at fixed 2 million dollar.
11. Nimiq REAL VOLUME is less than ~ 10,000 dollars, the rest of it is FAKE VOLUME generated by trading bots.
12. They paid shillers like Shay, the guy from Twitter to shill the shit out of nimiq.
13. Except 30 people, the rest of the community left the project definitely with huge loses.
14. CPU mining only, while people started mining using GPU rigs for months!!!
15. With their current stats they will become bankrupt. It will be exactly an "internet bubble" company and all nims will go to dust! They just need to press the killswitch
yuluxugi32132

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 02:54:01 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2019, 03:05:38 PM by yuluxugi32132

NIMIQ is mined with GPU rigs and SkyPool (one pool) dominates 73% of the network. Philpool was closed last night  Embarrassed

https://i.imgur.com/KzJP5K8.png the hashrate distribution looks more and more like a coin that will die in 2019
normana

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 10:40:38 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2019, 11:30:36 AM by normana

1. The team raised 12 million dollars during the ICO. That investment is -90% for all ICO investors.

The ICO was held in ETH and ETH is -60% since ICO. With their current holdings (according to numbers and projection from transparency report) they could buy give back all the ETH raised and still own some millions

2. They raised 12 million dollars, while the project market cap is only 2 million dollars, but instead they bought a 1.2 million dollar villa in Costa Rica. I didn't know that a villa in Costa Rica is more expensive than a villa in Las Vegas.

- The market cap below book value is an interesting thing and happens in stock markets as well. The general advice by most stock traders is to buy in these cases - but of course stocks work differently than crypto currencies.
- I have not read any message that they bought a villa in Costa Rica. Last thing I heard is that the place they're working from (and seen in the videos) is rented. Can you point me to the source of that information?

3. In one year for launching the project, they spent nearly 5 million dollars without doing any marketing. Pretty much they wash ICO money, steady, but surely. Doing marketing will burn all the money.

In the transparency report they claimed to still have about 12 Mio. USD in assets, which is about the same value of their ICO. This is a sign for a good and healthy diversification strategy.

4. They spent so much money on developers, while the developers best app is Nimipet a fucking joker game with 100 users daily.

I think the developer funds are needed to develop the platform, blockchain, technology... Nimiq is not a dapps platform, so it makes no sense to look into dapp success on the platform.

5. At the moment, the burning rate according to their previous report before starting the marketing is 250,000 dollars per month.

I don't know if the 250k figure already contains marketing expenses. Proper marketing is nothing that you turn on and get within an hour or days, it's something that takes months. So it could well be that marketing expenses were already included. In fact their transparency report states that 22% of their expenses were into marketing and community building.

6. A mining pool was closed due to financial troubles aka Philpool. Another mining pool is set to be closed tonight.

It needs a proper financial plan to run a mining pool. That is the same for other currencies. Try to start a bitcoin mining pool and tell me how much you earned vs. how much you paid after one year...

7. Robin (main guy) and founder of the project left the project about 7 months ago.
8. They keep lying that Robin is doing a secret top notch research, while he left the project.

You are claiming this over and over again although it was already stated to be false. If you can't provide any inside info nobody else has that proves your claim, shut it up.

9. The community is full of bots to make us believe that the community telegram is growing.
10. They use a trading bot to create fake volumes and set the market cap at fixed 2 million dollar.
11. Nimiq REAL VOLUME is less than ~ 10,000 dollars, the rest of it is FAKE VOLUME generated by trading bots.

Nice claims, can you prove them?
Also, what would be wrong if it is true that they buy back to hold the 2 milling dollar market cap? This gives safety to investors as they won't loose everything if they can always sell at a fixed price.

12. They paid shillers like Shay, the guy from Twitter to shill the shit out of nimiq.

First you complain about them not doing marketing and then you complain about them doing marketing. Also, you lack proof here again...

13. Except 30 people, the rest of the community left the project definitely with huge loses.

I am pretty sure I've seen more than 30 people in the community. I've seen more active users on Discord and the blockchain shows more than 6000 active accounts with a balance of more than 1000 NIM.

14. CPU mining only, while people started mining using GPU rigs for months!!!

Where does it say CPU mining only? I think they were outright honest that at some point there will be GPU miners or even ASICs. They just chose their algorithm in a way that makes them not 10 times more efficient. In fact, numbers from GPU miners suggest that their Hashrate/Watt is similar to good CPUs.

15. With their current stats they will become bankrupt. It will be exactly an "internet bubble" company and all nims will go to dust! They just need to press the killswitch

Technically, there is no killswitch. Most of the nodes running in the network are not hosted by the Nimiq Team. The fact that, due to their browser technology, every browser becomes a node in the network, results in it being pretty much impossible to turn off all nodes, because it is so incredibly easy and lightweight to start one.
yuluxugi32132

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 12:51:22 PM

1. ICO price was 1 ETH for 175 NET. ICO price was $1.30USD per 100NIM, it means ICO price for 1 NIM = 0,013 USD. Now the price of NIM is 0.000806. Do the math yourself. It is 16x times smaller than the ICO price. If you had invested 100, now your investment is worth 16 dollars. What a great deal!

2. They bought a 1.1 million dollar villa in Costa Rica. Read the fucking transparency report. It shows clearly that now they have a 1.1 million dollar villa describe as an asset. I don't think they bought the villa before the ICO.

https://i.imgur.com/O9NMPQ4.png

3. They spent over 5 million dollar in the first year. Probably in 2019 they will spend another 5 million dollars for the software development (RUST, design, etc...) and market study. By the end of the next year, the project will simply be bankrupt and close exactly like Beepool without any warning.

4. Their burning rate per month is higher than 250,000 usd because now it includes extra costs of traveling, more people in the team (they hired a bunch of newbies), marketing boat, etc. Probably for the moment, the burning rate per month is about $350,000.

5. Beepool and Philpool both closed this week due to lack of keeping the joke alive for too much. The project just became worthless and it is just keeping alive. Like internet bubble, there will be a day when we will read a medium post: "Unfortunately, due to the high cost of the project, we need to shutdown the nimiq network. But still the source will be available on GitHub"

6. Robin lost a lot of weight ( ~ 50kg ) and you can see this by comparing the last videos from April with the really videos. Also there is a huge change in the mindset of Robin and the way he is looking in the camera. Most of the people from the nimiq community believes that Robin lost weight due to the fact that Robin used to consume coke and eventually he became an crack addict. In Central America coke is definitely way cheaper than in other places. This is the simple reason why at the moment Robin (the main guy) is not present in  the videos and he lost a lot of weight

7. Somebody proved that the volume of NIM is totally fake. They either run a trading bot by themselves losing money or they paid an exchange to report fake volume to Coin Market Cap

Here is the finding of a user who posted the proof of the volume bot on reddit
https://i.redd.it/symin6g57wx11.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nimiq/comments/9wdkie/nimiq_fake_volume_trading_bot_was_detected_on/

8. Why they pay shillers at all? The team said in many times that they will never use the shitcoin shillers to shill

9. The active community is less than 30 people. Do you want me to count the active users in the last 30 days? Everybody else left the project for good. Including Robin the main guy

10. The killswitch are the seed nodes. If there wasn't any killswitch why in the world they have seed nodes and they keep them online. Moreover, a few months ago when they used to have problems with the seed nodes many of the users complied on discord that they couldn't use the safe wallet. By the way, the seed nodes cost more than $20,000 per month for the team to maintain it. Why it costs so much? Simply, the project is not salable and it will never be salable. Nimiq just transformed itself into an internet bubble that will pop this year, 2019

kronos123

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 02:26:47 PM

NIMIQ is mined with GPU rigs and SkyPool (one pool) dominates 73% of the network. Philpool was closed last night  Embarrassed

the hashrate distribution looks more and more like a coin that will die in 2019

You continue to shit shit so when in 2019/20 Nimiq will ascend and show everyone its value, you will disappear from oblivion while we investors will be rich and happy.

When this happens, you will probably change nick and choose another coin / token to attack
yuluxugi32132

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 04:22:38 PM

https://i.imgur.com/KzJP5K8.png the hashrate distribution looks more and more like a coin that will die in 2019

You continue to shit shit so when in 2019/20 Nimiq will ascend and show everyone its value, you will disappear from oblivion while we investors will be rich and happy.

When this happens, you will probably change nick and choose another coin / token to attack

Yeah sure.. I can tell you only that your 100 bucks now is now worth 16 bucks.  I can bet on one grand that this project will get bankrupt before end of this year. Nimiq can never get widely used because it has scalability issues (worst than Bitcoin) (block size is 4 times smaller, processing functions are not native compiled in ASM ) so it will also allow less tx/s in production. Node and Rust as well is way slower than C. There is no utility, just a bunch of people who dream of lambos and moons
normana

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 10:50:49 PM

1. ICO price was 1 ETH for 175 NET. ICO price was $1.30USD per 100NIM, it means ICO price for 1 NIM = 0,013 USD. Now the price of NIM is 0.000806. Do the math yourself. It is 16x times smaller than the ICO price. If you had invested 100, now your investment is worth 16 dollars. What a great deal!

If you invested 100 USD into Bitcoin a year ago, your investment is probably also worth about 16 dollars now. Is Bitcoin dead as well?

2. They bought a 1.1 million dollar villa in Costa Rica. Read the fucking transparency report. It shows clearly that now they have a 1.1 million dollar villa describe as an asset. I don't think they bought the villa before the ICO.

They did neither mention they bought a villa, not that they did anything in Costa Rica. All they wrote is that they diversified into real estate.

3. They spent over 5 million dollar in the first year. Probably in 2019 they will spend another 5 million dollars for the software development (RUST, design, etc...) and market study. By the end of the next year, the project will simply be bankrupt and close exactly like Beepool without any warning.

The project can not close. That's by nature in a decentralized network. The team is no longer necessary to run the network or blockchain.

4. Their burning rate per month is higher than 250,000 usd because now it includes extra costs of traveling, more people in the team (they hired a bunch of newbies), marketing boat, etc. Probably for the moment, the burning rate per month is about $350,000.

Might be true, might be false. Still doesn't change a lot.

5. Beepool and Philpool both closed this week due to lack of keeping the joke alive for too much. The project just became worthless and it is just keeping alive. Like internet bubble, there will be a day when we will read a medium post: "Unfortunately, due to the high cost of the project, we need to shutdown the nimiq network. But still the source will be available on GitHub"

6. Robin lost a lot of weight ( ~ 50kg ) and you can see this by comparing the last videos from April with the really videos. Also there is a huge change in the mindset of Robin and the way he is looking in the camera. Most of the people from the nimiq community believes that Robin lost weight due to the fact that Robin used to consume coke and eventually he became an crack addict. In Central America coke is definitely way cheaper than in other places. This is the simple reason why at the moment Robin (the main guy) is not present in  the videos and he lost a lot of weight

Can you please stop that "Robin (the main guy)" thing? The team repeatedly said that they are organized democratically and there is not a single main guy.

7. Somebody proved that the volume of NIM is totally fake. They either run a trading bot by themselves losing money or they paid an exchange to report fake volume to Coin Market Cap

Here is the finding of a user who posted the proof of the volume bot on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nimiq/comments/9wdkie/nimiq_fake_volume_trading_bot_was_detected_on/

Somebody made accusations. There is no proof and part of his statements were shown to be wrong in the replies.

8. Why they pay shillers at all? The team said in many times that they will never use the shitcoin shillers to shill

Who decides what is a valid advertising strategy with evangelists and what is paying shitcoin shillers? Not you.

9. The active community is less than 30 people. Do you want me to count the active users in the last 30 days? Everybody else left the project for good. Including Robin the main guy

Yes, please count them and list all of them by name here so I can verify your countings. Thanks.

10. The killswitch are the seed nodes. If there wasn't any killswitch why in the world they have seed nodes and they keep them online. Moreover, a few months ago when they used to have problems with the seed nodes many of the users complied on discord that they couldn't use the safe wallet. By the way, the seed nodes cost more than $20,000 per month for the team to maintain it. Why it costs so much? Simply, the project is not salable and it will never be salable. Nimiq just transformed itself into an internet bubble that will pop this year, 2019

You can easily add seed nodes, just as any other altcoin, through the configuration file. You only need a single node to be available to continue operating the network. They provide the seed nodes as an additional service.
Where did you get the hosting costs of the seed nodes from? The transparency report has a category for "Digital Operations, Equipment", which totals to $239k, which is less than $20k per month, but also includes software licenses, hardware costs and so on.
LoveStory

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 11:01:51 PM

I see there are a lot of people here are debating about Nimiq, perhaps some people want to open up the truth, in part over again like to believe in the project. But the extent to which they argue even I don't see dev to clarify this. I think they need to clarify and transparent about what they are working on and what steps will you take on this situation.

Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: