Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:29:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin may not be number one for long  (Read 28297 times)
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 11:37:07 PM

Bitcoin will always remain Bitcoin: the first, the original, the best. Ethereum will remain Ethereum, it will never replace Bitcoin.

yes you right ethereum cannot take palce from bitcoin. Because  bitcaoin have more value than ethrium and bitcoin are adopt by many countries as a trancastion that i thing bitcoin is already number one currencey

yes of course we all know that ethereum cannot replace bitcoin in future because tbitcoin value is very much high and also the price of bitcoin is very much high and ethereum price is very much less than bitcoin and also the adoption of bitcoin is very much high and if the bitcoin get more progress and countries adopt it then it will the number one currency for long time.
The other reason which is making bitcoin number one is that bitcoin is being used by many companies in their businesses while ethereum is noy used in amy business of the world but it is mostly used for the purpose of trade which is not a strong support for ethereum.
Kriptex

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 12:06:11 AM

Bitcoin will always remain Bitcoin: the first, the original, the best. Ethereum will remain Ethereum, it will never replace Bitcoin.

yes you right ethereum cannot take palce from bitcoin. Because  bitcaoin have more value than ethrium and bitcoin are adopt by many countries as a trancastion that i thing bitcoin is already number one currencey

yes of course we all know that ethereum cannot replace bitcoin in future because tbitcoin value is very much high and also the price of bitcoin is very much high and ethereum price is very much less than bitcoin and also the adoption of bitcoin is very much high and if the bitcoin get more progress and countries adopt it then it will the number one currency for long time.

And yes ethereum is coming very strong against bitcoin but did you see ethereum network last 2 days. You probably saw. It' at least as slow as bitcoin's network. This is not a good indication for ether's future.
felco

Activity: 19
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:49:22 AM

Is right to say that, ETH would be nothing without BTC? Because most of time, when I look into an ICO its accept ETH and BTC. I think that is the BTC that gives 'value' to ETH, but I don't know for sure.
thesavoyard (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:03:14 AM

And yes ethereum is coming very strong against bitcoin but did you see ethereum network last 2 days. You probably saw. It' at least as slow as bitcoin's network. This is not a good indication for ether's future.

Ethereum's network isn't even backlogged for the same reason. BTC is because a block size cap was put in by early miners, Ethereum is just a failure. I'm honestly kind of worried about blockchain tech because of this. Someone needs to run a blockchain and run tens of thousands of transaction per second to show the technology can scale.

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:09:05 AM

Ethereum's network isn't even backlogged for the same reason. BTC is because a block size cap was put in by early miners, Ethereum is just a failure. I'm honestly kind of worried about blockchain tech because of this. Someone needs to run a blockchain and run tens of thousands of transaction per second to show the technology can scale.
Ethereum is just a hype because of its lucky feature which is smart contracts so if there is a good project that has a good promises then the investors will buy and consume a lot of ethereum that will make its price high so if you want to earn some decent short term profits then ethereum is a good investment but for long term i doubt that ethereum will survive because bitcoin will still be the king.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 05:27:52 AM

yes you right ethereum cannot take palce from bitcoin. Because  bitcaoin have more value than ethrium and bitcoin are adopt by many countries as a trancastion that i thing bitcoin is already number one currencey

Ethereum is just a hype because of its lucky feature which is smart contracts so if there is a good project that has a good promises then the investors will buy and consume a lot of ethereum that will make its price high so if you want to earn some decent short term profits then ethereum is a good investment but for long term i doubt that ethereum will survive because bitcoin will still be the king.

Do you really think that a turing complete platform is just a "lucky feature" that made smart contracts possible?  Do you also believe that a $31.5 billion dollar marketcap can be attributed to chance? There is major development taking place within the Ethereum network that is unparalleled by any other platform....Decentralized applications are NOT just a "lucky feature" associated with the Ethereum platform.  These D'Apps----> https://dapps.ethercasts.com/ <----are not "luck." They represent real development and innovation.
bakitwhy

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:32:45 AM

Is right to say that, ETH would be nothing without BTC? Because most of time, when I look into an ICO its accept ETH and BTC. I think that is the BTC that gives 'value' to ETH, but I don't know for sure.

Many are saying that there will be a coin flip and that Ethereum will overcome bitcoin. But its sad to say that Ethereum had just crashed while bitcoin continues to go up. Ethereum was being used by traders so that they can gain more bitcoins. In the end bitcoin will never be replaced , not in this year.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 10:05:54 AM

Who is going to take the number 1?

Ethereum is falling every hour with no sign of recovery.

Ripple doesn't recover too, and in the future many ripples will be released of their lockdown and probably be dumped.

Litecoin isn't even close to really threat Bitcoin.

While it is true that there is a possibility that bitcoin may be displaced by a stronger currency at some point, that possibility should not be reduced to the current options. It is true that ethereum at this moment seems to have some potential to break the hegemony of bitcoin, but we must not close the door to the great technological developments that the future has to us. I believe that the nascent quantum computing has amazing and advanced things to offer, and perhaps in twenty years the blockchain will be remembered as a primitive and rudimentary technology just for nostalgic and old bitcoiners.
Yeah, Etherium currently seems to be the choice of many people in the cryptocurrency and no doubt it can overcome the hegemony of the Bitcoin maybe sooner or later. Also the fact that new technology that may have much better offers for the users can take over the current mechanism, because we are always seeking something better and this is human nature where you have to switch you loyalties.
nakata90

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 10:21:10 AM

Many are saying that there will be a coin flip and that Ethereum will overcome bitcoin. But its sad to say that Ethereum had just crashed while bitcoin continues to go up. Ethereum was being used by traders so that they can gain more bitcoins. In the end bitcoin will never be replaced , not in this year.
It just memes buying and more people want have ETH to buy ICOs => The price of ETH rising up, but after project ICOs crowdsale complete, maybe they will sell all ETH to cash or BTC from this project => The price of ETH falldown and the price BTC rising up again Grin. It just a blue dream for investor opportunity not have knowledge!

▄███▄
▄███████▄
▀███████▀
  ▀███▀
           ▄███▄
         ▄███████▄
         ▀███████▀
           ▀███▀
  ▄███▄
▄███████▄
▀███████▀
  ▀███▀
K O I N P R O.
TRADE CRYPTO AND STOCK CFD WITH BITCOIN
[

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
     ▄█████░░█░░█████▄
  ▄██████░░░░░░░██████▄
 ███████░░░░░░░░░███████
▐███████████████████████▌
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▐███████░░░███░░░███████▌
 ███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀████████████████▀
      ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

.NO KYC

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
       ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ████████░░░██░░░███████
  ▐████████░░░█░░░████████▌
  █████████░░░░░░██████████
  █████████░░░█░░░█████████
  ▐████████░░░██░░░███████▌
   ████████░░░███░░░██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

.EARN KOI

███
                  ▄▄█▄▄        ███████
                  █          ███████████
                  █████        ███████
                      █        ███████
                  ▀▀█▀▀        ███████
                               ███████
                █████████      ███████
                               ███████
               █████████       ▂▂▂▂
                               ▂▂▂▂
                █████████      ▂▂▂▂

. 100x LEVERAGE

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
             ▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
           ▄███░░█████████░░███▄
          ████░█████████████░████
         ▐███░██████▀▀▀██████░███▌
         ███░█████▀░░░░░░▀▀███░███
         ███░█████▄░░░░░░▄▄███░███
         ▐███░██████▄▄▄██████░███▌
          ████░█████████████░████
           ▀███░░██░░░░░██░░███▀
            ▀█▀▄███████████▄▀█▀
               ░▀▀████████▀▀░

.SUPER FAST
].
UNIQUE DOUBLE-UP
CONTRACT

Kp4everK

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 10:29:44 AM

New technologies can be much better than bitcoin and I do not rule out that they can destroy it in a few years.

Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 10:30:19 AM

I am wondering if by the end of the year we see Ehtereum reach at least 1k USD. It's a shame I did not buy any when it was just ten dollars a few months ago. We see how fast Ethereum has grown this year in comparison t Bitcoin and if this trend continues we will see Ethereum marketcap grow bigger that Bitcoin marketcap I think within the next 6-12 months.

I feel bad too that i wasnt able to buy eth when the price of it is so low. Eth really has the capacity to reach 1k USD at the end of year because its demand and community is getting bigger. Very saaad i wasnt able to invest on ETH  Sad
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 11:00:08 AM

For the past few weeks, the market caps of Ethereum and Bitcoin have remained almost similar in size. No one knows which one of them will win in the end. If SegWit is implemented, then the chances are that Bitcoin will emerge as the dominant currency, and Ether will fade in to oblivion. But if some bug is found with SegWit, or if it can't be activated, then ETH will be having a good shot at the top position.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 11:17:20 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2017, 05:21:51 PM by deisik

Ethereum's market cap is inflated, unlike that of Bitcoin. Only a small percentage of Ethereum is in free-float form, and the rest is being kept in cold storage by Vitalik Buterin and the other developers. Although the demand is not as high as that with Bitcoin, the prices are rising due to the limited availability of the Ethereum tokens.

What do you mean the demand isn't as high as bitcoin's?  What variables are you looking at to determine that observation?  Their 24 hr volumes are virtually identical....their supplies are different, granted, but their demands are congruent in terms of dollars, right?

#   Name                           Market Cap                     Price              Circulating Supply         Volume(24h)     % Change(24h)
1   Bitcoin Bitcoin           $44,396,080,344          $2706.22            16,405,200 BTC         $1,301,000,000   -0.29%   
2   Ethereum Ethereum   $31,272,686,221            $337.34             92,704,309 ETH        $1,263,700,000    1.31%   

Source: https://coinmarketcap.com/

I don't know how much we can get out of that

It is not even clear how and where they get these numbers. For example, Litecoin is priced at over 47 dollars per coin at coinmarketcap (which is more than 50 times less than the current price of Bitcoin, for a moment) while its 24 hour volume is 475 million dollars, i.e. under three times less than either Bitcoin or Ethereum. As to me, there is something very fishy about these stats. More specifically, to get that high volume Litecoin with its price that small should be traded (475/1273)×(2704.76/47.37) =>21 times more than Bitcoin in US dollars, i.e. for each 1 dollar of bitcoins traded (either bought or sold) there should be 21 over dollars of litecoins traded. This is bullshit

The litecoin market is brutal....it trades much faster and much more fluid than bitcoin.  In fact, if you're not an expert cryptocurrency daytrader, my advice is to stay away from the litecoin market....it swings, it swings in big chunks, and it swings fast!

I'm trading Litecoin specifically

That's why I find this data very suspicious. Just in case, I'm at Bitfinex, and while I certainly agree that the price swings might be "brutal" (or even fatal to some), they in fact confirm that there simply cannot be so much liquidity to provide that volume (and you can't gather hundreds of millions of daily volume with small trades). Liquidity always works against volatility (and vice versa). I don't really know how much Bitfinex "weighs" in terms of Litecoin volume (compared to other exchanges), but it is the largest Bitcoin exchange out there, so in respect to Litecoin it shouldn't be very far either. Strictly speaking, I can't even say that Litecoin is somehow a lot more fluid than Bitcoin, though the market is definitely thinner

Well....Poloniex has a daily litecoin volume around 5 times as large as bitfinex and OKCoin's daily litecoin volume is around 20 times larger....there are other's in the top 10 also....Some exchanges favor different coins.  Poloniex is a much larger exchange in terms of BTC volume compared to Bitfinex, yet OKCoin, which has a smaller BTC volume then Bitfinex, has the largest litecoin volume of them all, by far

If true, that basically means that Litecoin is No. 1 currency right now

And not according to some bullshit metric like market cap or even price itself which doesn't tell much on its own (without being linked to the number of coins actually circulating). Otherwise, that essentially proves that we can't trust the coinmarketcap data (which seems to be closer to reality). Aside from that, I don't think that we should trust OKCoin volume data either. This is one of the Chinese exchanges which had already been caught doctoring their trading volumes or just marking them up due to lack of trade fees (back then)

Termin4tor

Activity: 404
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:51:33 PM

True, ethereum is getting a ton of recognition and development all around it which is quite amazing. Even the president of Russia (Putin) has established plans to implement it in some of his projects as well as in some russian bank. I can also say, ICO's alone may have also boosted the price of ethereum and made it into a new world cryptocurrency.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:56:36 PM

yes you right ethereum cannot take palce from bitcoin. Because  bitcaoin have more value than ethrium and bitcoin are adopt by many countries as a trancastion that i thing bitcoin is already number one currencey

Do you really think that a turing complete platform is just a "lucky feature" that made smart contracts possible?  Do you also believe that a $31.5 billion dollar marketcap can be attributed to chance? There is major development taking place within the Ethereum network that is unparalleled by any other platform....Decentralized applications are NOT just a "lucky feature" associated with the Ethereum platform.  These D'Apps----> https://dapps.ethercasts.com/ <----are not "luck." They represent real development and innovation.

But what you are not mentioning is the fact that turing completeness is what will be the final demise of the Ethereum platform. It is only a matter of time that a big exploit is found in the Ethereum platform thanks to turing completeness that results in fatal death of the entire project. Bitcoin on the other hand, thanks to the more simple approach, it's safe against these kind of exploits. Ethereum as a store of value is nonsense, that is why it will never replace Bitcoin.
sergio red

Activity: 414
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 04:44:12 PM

Why not??
From my point of view that Bitcoin has the potentiality​ to become the number one currency in the virtual world. Already it has been gained the best position. So it can be said that, Bitcoin will go to become a number one for long...
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 04:49:37 PM

There are some good cryptocurrencies with very positive trends that are worth investing in but bitcoin will keep the number one position, at least for a while. Ethereum stil doesn't have the proper potential to replace the bitcoin and its not easy to get so adopted and implemented in real life like bitcoin has done.

malaj
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 04:50:41 PM

Why not??
From my point of view that Bitcoin has the potentiality​ to become the number one currency in the virtual world. Already it has been gained the best position. So it can be said that, Bitcoin will go to become a number one for long...
You are right, Now bitcoin is the number one when we talk about other cryptocurrencies even in real money. I believe in it so much and it is in a good position for now, many people use it daily, and the number of people who enroll this community increase each day. I hope that bitcoin price increase a lot at the end of this current year.

PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 06:28:31 PM

The price of the cryptocurrency doesn't matter that much because it doesn't take into account the number of coins available.  I'd compare based on market cap.  Right now Bitcoin and Ethereum have market caps of $42 billion and $34 billion USD respectively.  Ethereum is at 81% and it has been increasing steadily for the past few months.

Basically any financial statistic from altcoins is not something you should look at if you haven't been looking at the actual usage first. Reality will show that despite the sharp increases that a lot altcoins experienced lately, they haven't experienced much growth in terms of actual usage, aside from the speculative part. No matter how many people threaten to move over to altcoins because they are faster and cheaper, it has all been nothing more than big talk.

Wouldn't you say that every crypto is speculative right now?  I can't use even one of them in my daily life.  And how is it that you're looking at actual usage?

Either way, back to my response, market cap has some basis for comparison (to be taken with a grain of salt of course), where price alone doesn't.
Yes I believe that price is not the only tool with which one can measure the success but we can’t deny the fact that the price is something that indicates the success on anything.

Nor can this fact be denied that the cryptocurrency is hardly used anywhere to fulfill our needs directly because we need to convert it into fiat and then we can pay for our routine activities.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 07:00:16 PM

But what you are not mentioning is the fact that turing completeness is what will be the final demise of the Ethereum platform. It is only a matter of time that a big exploit is found in the Ethereum platform thanks to turing completeness that results in fatal death of the entire project. Bitcoin on the other hand, thanks to the more simple approach, it's safe against these kind of exploits. Ethereum as a store of value is nonsense, that is why it will never replace Bitcoin.

I failed to mention the "fact that turing completeness is what will be the final demise of the Ethereum platform" because it is not actually a fact.  It is an imaginary scenario that has no basis in fact whatsoever.  However, you are right about Ethereum not being intended as vehicle to store value....it's a whole different technology all together.  What's built upon the Ethereum network is what provides its value.  Bitcoin, on the other hand, is used as means to store value and that value is subject to the whims of those who decide what its value should be....as long as people have confidence in its utility, it will maintain its value.  But, when you start witnessing a stronger demand for the more utilitarian technologies, then you can bet that the value of bitcoin will be tested.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: