Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:56:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin may not be number one for long  (Read 28297 times)
thesavoyard (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:45:54 PM

I agree, there is no guarantee bitcoin can survive for the long term because of all the people and companies trying to make a better coins and can be accepted.

Well there are 100 altcoins that is being created and after six months just check how many actually still exits on the exchanges and how much value they have . Though there are some good exception too in altcoins which have a good market and price is rising . But to beat Bitcoin will be difficult for atleast next couple of years considering the deannd and the price it is rising .

Yeah, Eth looked like challenger when I made this, doesn't look that way now. I'm looking for Dash to push to the top 3 before the end of the year, we'll see.

daenarys_stormborn

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:51:12 PM

I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.

I think it's true etherium has become a very good coin, but to beat bitcoin, I think it's impossible, even if it happens it might take a very long time

ALT67890

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:01:10 PM

As of now, bitcoin is in an edge for a 4500$ a piece. I think your prediction is the vice versa of what had happened. Bitcoin will not be place number two on 2018 and I'm certain of that. But after 2020 is another story. But still hoping it I'm wrong.
Argoo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 227

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:22:07 PM

All the assumptions that bitcoin will give up its leadership among the crypto-currencies that were voiced at the beginning of the summer did not come true. Moreover, after the last scaling, bitcoin has grown stronger, has risen in price and is not going to give up its leadership positions. The ethereum is also a good coin and I believe that they can not compete, but complement each other.
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:45:04 PM

ETH is very good development, but ETH will not be able to exceed from Bitcoin.
Bitcoin will continue to be the best of altcoin others.
You are right mate, I don't think that ETH can replace bitcoin at least after 20-30 years. I believe that bitcoin will continue like that too long, It will increase year after year and it will be more valuable than we can expect. I am sure that it will surprise us in the future with a unreal price and a very high potential.

eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:18:10 PM

I think no one has a mind to give a promising statement that bitcoin will no longer be number one and when ETH or other coins reach popularity among users, they can’t beat bitcoin because bitcoin is the father of all coins.
Maybe ETH can grow quickly because it has faster transactions than BTC or other coins because of the wave of fast transactions could affect the popularity of coins.
I am certain that ETH wont overtake bitcoin anytime soon,as they have bigger problems to solve at the moment and lets see how they are planning to scale and rectify their problems,the antics of bitmain is really upsetting as the transaction fees and confirmation time has increased in the past few days and there is a silent war going on,only these wars could kill bitcoin in the long run.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:23:06 AM

Eth isn't even a currency wtf. What's with all of these newbs saying it's going to "overthrow" bitcoin and all this crap? You know what a centralized infinite supply shitcoin is worth? About as much as Doge if it had smart contracts and tokens lol.
Metoo.14

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:27:35 AM

I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.
i not sure it would take until the end of 2018 , but it  will continue to grow in the future and it will retain its crown.
CookieGums

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:29:21 AM

Some one will pass bitcoin but not that much time in the end of 2018 its been too long way for the bitcoin to pass by someone

kirito1614

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:36:52 AM

Its a quite hard run for Bitcoin to be the number one at block chain cryptocurrency. And its hard to surpass  Bitcoin for the foundation it built along its run. The Bitcoin traders, transactors, and workers which trust Bitcoin will not let Bitcoin fall for what its built but they will make it able.
unknown-user

Activity: 445

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:46:09 AM

ETH is very good development, but ETH will not be able to exceed from Bitcoin.
Bitcoin will continue to be the best of altcoin others.
I agree. ETH is facing issues related to hacks and bugs at this moment which will affect the trust of its users that might also agfect its demand. While Bitcoin is currently on a rampage, it is now continuously increasing and there'll be another hardfork to happen before this year end. There's a chance that one day, Bitcoin will be replaced by other crypto but it won't be for the next 5 years in my opinion.

radjie

Activity: 1820
Merit: 264

www.licx.io

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:15:12 AM

I think no one has a mind to give a promising statement that bitcoin will no longer be number one and when ETH or other coins reach popularity among users, they can’t beat bitcoin because bitcoin is the father of all coins.
Maybe ETH can grow quickly because it has faster transactions than BTC or other coins because of the wave of fast transactions could affect the popularity of coins.
Although ETH is able to transact more quickly, it will not replace bitcoin, because as we know, bitcoin is the first form of digital currency even bitcoin's role has now become a benchmark for all types of coins that exist or it can be said bitcoin is the king of all types of coins.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
Low Fidelity - High Potential
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:25:15 AM

I will admit Ethereum has a major advantage going for it - the fact companies can use it as a form of raising capital to start their businesses is major. This is something we have never seen before in Human history. "ICOs", as they are called. And you can use these tokens in your business rather than processing credit cards or PayPal for every transaction.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:48:52 AM

Confirmation time took too long recently and if this happened too often then I am sure bitcoin will lose some of its fans hence it'll give a chance to other coins to take its position as the leader of all crypto currency. It feels so bad when the price move up and we intend to convert it to fiat but no confirmation after more than 24 hours.

libert19

Activity: 2534
Merit: 952

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 03:52:47 AM

That might be true. But I do not believe Ethereum will be able to hold their gains for long. Sooner or later the price has to go down simply because that is what markets do.

So always remind yourself not to get lost in the mania and try to stay objective. In a market like this, it is easy to think that the good days will never end.

I'm not even holding ethereum, was for a bit but sold it. I bought lbry and don't regret it. The 5x profit margin of the top 5 coins don't really compare to the 20x I've made since buying lbry. I hope some of the other shitcoins I'm holding go back up, they spiked during the last bull run and I didn't sell, now they seem to be sliding down.

100% agree with you. One can't make good profit by buying coin at 100$.

There are many coins that are mere cents now and has a good potential. Even if these cents just become 1$ that would be nice profit.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:01:17 AM

That might be true. But I do not believe Ethereum will be able to hold their gains for long. Sooner or later the price has to go down simply because that is what markets do.

So always remind yourself not to get lost in the mania and try to stay objective. In a market like this, it is easy to think that the good days will never end.

I'm not even holding ethereum, was for a bit but sold it. I bought lbry and don't regret it. The 5x profit margin of the top 5 coins don't really compare to the 20x I've made since buying lbry. I hope some of the other shitcoins I'm holding go back up, they spiked during the last bull run and I didn't sell, now they seem to be sliding down.

100% agree with you. One can't make good profit by buying coin at 100$.

There are many coins that are mere cents now and has a good potential. Even if these cents just become 1$ that would be nice profit.

The growth on ETH really isnt that much different than the growth on bitcoin, or LTC. Its not as prolonged simply because it hasnt been around as long, and the speculative leaps havent been marred by as many scandals as our old pal bitcoin. I will admit though, if you are looking for potential upside, forget about bitcoin. as early as it is in the ride, the train has already left the station. there are plenty of really cheap, smaller cap coins in the top 10-15 that have more promise for immediate upward growth. Think about it. BTC is already almost 5k. If we get to the hallowed 10K, thats only 200% growth. And that might take years. Inversely, ETH could see 500 in a speculative spike within 6-12 months, and no one would really question that growth (it would still be in a bubble, imo).  You would have literal years to move through other assets, and accrue even more percent gain Wink
libert19

Activity: 2534
Merit: 952

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 04:07:28 AM

The only problems I see in Bitcoin currently is that transaction confirmations. That has made some people lean towards other crypto.

Once that's solved people will start using Bitcoin and then I doubt your statement.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:15:46 AM

The only problems I see in Bitcoin currently is that transaction confirmations. That has made some people lean towards other crypto.

Once that's solved people will start using Bitcoin and then I doubt your statement.
Yes,bitcoin has no issue except transaction fee.Segwit has been activated at last to solve it.But some miners deliberately just mine empty blocks making huge number of transctions to get stuck.Some of them are chinese miners who either support BCC or they need higher mining fee for mining bitcoin.The chinese have always been a big problem to bitcoin network.Earlier,they manipulated bitcoin price by dumping their bitcoins and now they have started to create problems in transactions.Once,it is sorted out,then bitcoin price would start rising.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
revswim93

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:53:43 AM

I hold both. I think Ethereum will rise in value, as will Bitcoin. I think Bitcoin will remain the more valued asset because of the large attack surface of ethereum and the immutability issues.
thesavoyard (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:38:03 AM

Yes,bitcoin has no issue except transaction fee.Segwit has been activated at last to solve it.But some miners deliberately just mine empty blocks making huge number of transctions to get stuck.Some of them are chinese miners who either support BCC or they need higher mining fee for mining bitcoin.The chinese have always been a big problem to bitcoin network.Earlier,they manipulated bitcoin price by dumping their bitcoins and now they have started to create problems in transactions.Once,it is sorted out,then bitcoin price would start rising.

BTC has 2 problems then. It can't compete with visa and mastercard for transaction speed. ASICs are the bane of decentralization. China wins the ASIC race due to power costs. Some alts will go to extreme power effeciency, which will limit centralization. Allowing hobby miners back in. That's a third problem for Bitcoin, it has had a few half assed updates in it's lifetime and there are alts that can adapt to any situation. Bitcoin probably won't stay number one, it's only a matter of when, not if.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: