Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:13:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin may not be number one for long  (Read 28297 times)
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:35:14 PM

I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.
I believe that bitcoin will be number one for so long because bitcoinwas very helpful to many people in gaining and earning so much money.And bitcoin has helped so many people and will be helping so many people.
Ariess

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:38:31 PM

I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.

maybe what you say is true. but I have my own thoughts and predictions, I still see the huge bitcoin opportunity to remain the top coin, I think the next 5 or 10 bitcoin will remain the most expensive and popular coin.
Arje17

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:55:05 PM

It always depend , there are some other cryptocurrency that have a potential to rise.. each cryptocurrency has there own unique character that make people attract and invest on them for example RIS other people invest on this like me and others not , but in reality Bitcoin is the one whos leading but all started from nothing...
bitcoinvamp

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:06:32 PM

i don't think there is anything to compare between bitcoin and ETH till date cause there is a large difference between the two. if value of ETH is rising so is of bitcoin. also, combining all the altcoins and the ETH , all together cannot come close to bitcoin. i may be wrong on this  but  according to me it will take a lot of coming years to compete with the bitcoins .
Zenithar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:05:19 PM

I believe that bitcoin will be number one for so long because bitcoinwas very helpful to many people in gaining and earning so much money.And bitcoin has helped so many people and will be helping so many people.
Ground realities are not to be ignored and facts are not to hide which is very much clear by continuous increase in price of bitcoin everyday even with hurdles of hard forks, speculations, countries negative attitude etc. People trust is playing a great role for long ranked guarantee for bitcoin to be No. one in the market and not doubt that it is much difficult for other cryptocurrencies to overcome bitcoin value.
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:19:05 PM

I think that Bitcoins will be number 1 for a long period of time as it has gain people's trust which plays a large role in keeping bitcoins alive.Bitcoins price is heavily dependent on the demand of bitcoins from the people high the demand higher the price would be.And it would be hard for any other crypto currency to gain more support and trust than bitcoins as people are now used to bitcoins and its value is also too high compared to other cryptocurrencies.I see only ethereum has the potential to overcome bitcoins in very far in future.
Burks

Activity: 303

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:21:13 PM

Bitcoin is number one not only because of it being introduced earlier than all the other currencies,but due to its potential.It has gained the trust of people almost all over the world and i think its difficult for any other currency to achieve that.It has successfully overcome lots of obstacles it has faced either due to governments and banks or greedy miners itself.Ethereum,Monero,Zcash which were once expected very much are not able to replace it.Bitcoin has given people a new means of earning option,cheap way of transacting,secured investment,free from government hands and i think that it would be hard for any other single altcoin to deliver such huge number of features.
In my view why the bitcoin is at number one spot is that it has limited amount of bitcoins,the value is 21 millions once it reaches that value no more bitcoin can be generated.So i think it makes people to work with the bitcoins and making then to have it one.
And it also decentralized so it doesn't depends on any government and most importantly tax free.
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:22:47 PM

The danger posed by forks is overrated, in my opinion. There were warnings about the August 1 fork, and instead of crashing bitcoin hit new highs with Segwit. Even Ethereum has had a fork, and it has managed to become the number 2 cryptocurrency despite that. I suspect many major cryptocurrencies will fork with no long-term problems.
Transformbitz

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:42:21 PM

I think Ethereum will beat BItcoin in marketcap, because Ethereum has a lot of ICO. Smart Contracts will help Ethereum to be more successful on their projects. but after a bull run. BItcoin will be no.1 because Bitcoin has a lot of merchants.
jimrome

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:49:21 PM

I think Ethereum will beat BItcoin in marketcap, because Ethereum has a lot of ICO. Smart Contracts will help Ethereum to be more successful on their projects. but after a bull run. BItcoin will be no.1 because Bitcoin has a lot of merchants.
How can Ethereum beat bitcoin in marketcap because it has a lot of ICO,smart contracts are restricted in most countries and most of the projects are not that successful ,no coin will overcome bitcoin when it comes to price but market cap is not a bench mark as you could make an unlimited coin and over the limitations. Grin
Xervo

Activity: 170

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:18:17 PM

I think that in the near future bitcoin will still be number one. However, now there are altcoyins and startups, in which the transaction speed is faster, the commission for transfers is less, for example, bitshars. So, that soon everything can change.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:15:14 PM

I believe that the Bitcoin marketcap will strongly increase after the hard fork in november is settled.

Yeah.I guess the exchange rates may cross the $5K mark after the November hard fork. It may be a repeat of the events in August (when Bitcoin Cash split from Bitcoin). In mid-July, the exchange rates went as low as $1,800 per coin, before rising by 150% during August-September. If the same repeats in November-December, then we may witness exchange rates in excess of $10,000 per coin.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 04:46:24 PM

I believe that the Bitcoin marketcap will strongly increase after the hard fork in november is settled.

Yeah.I guess the exchange rates may cross the $5K mark after the November hard fork. It may be a repeat of the events in August (when Bitcoin Cash split from Bitcoin). In mid-July, the exchange rates went as low as $1,800 per coin, before rising by 150% during August-September. If the same repeats in November-December, then we may witness exchange rates in excess of $10,000 per coin.

This is a really far-fetched assumption

If the past is of any relevance here, I'd rather say Bitcoin should first plunge to 3,000 dollars per coin (well, it already did exactly that some time ago) and then break the resistance at 5,000. But, as the saying goes, the lightning never strikes in the same place twice, so it is unlikely that we will see the same picture again. I'd venture a guess and say that we may in fact see the events unfold in the reverse order, i.e. the Bitcoin price will first rise and then crash massively. What d'ya think of that?

BitBanshee$$

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:21:39 PM

There is absolutely no reason why BTC has to be the number one coin. If a stronger and more popular competitor comes onto the scene then Bitcoin could easily lost its place. Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash are probably the strongest possibilites at the moment.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:37:35 PM

There is absolutely no reason why BTC has to be the number one coin. If a stronger and more popular competitor comes onto the scene then Bitcoin could easily lost its place. Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash are probably the strongest possibilites at the moment.

Ethereum is controlled by Developer and any time if he wants can dump the coin and run away and you can see the result of his wrong speech on last occasion which made the coin to crash high. Bitcoin Cash is nothing but the clone coin of Bitcoin without any value. I think Bitcoin has still lot of potential to handle this type of situations.
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:49:10 PM

i don't think so. in this digital platform still, Bitcoin is unparallel. Bitcoin is fully unbeatable for the other potential token or any coin. i think Bitcoin will continue its domination over this platform for a long time period. I believe that Bitcoin will be the global currency in the future and it will be the most strong currency.
JaredStein

Activity: 379
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:54:42 PM

I'm sorry you feel that way but this is not the case. Bitcoin is stronger than ever. Look at the price and all the bullshit that has been happening in the media. No matter what BTC gets thrown at it, it continues to get stronger.
Mailly

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:10:57 AM

Yeah obvious and sa real truth that may possibly come up alongside in our long way into cryptocurrency in future years,bitcoins is strong and leading for now but the thing is can it adopt to changes and competitors witht this new altcoins that competing towards it
Mikasa77

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:18:54 AM

It is possible that bitcoin will not be the number one cryptocurrency in the future and there are some cryptocurrency that will pass or be better than bitcoin. Since our technology is continuing to develop, there will be new cryptocurrency that will rise in the future that has more good features than bitcoin.

♦ UNIQUE GAMES ♦     Tower.bet     ♦   DAILY RACES   ♦
██   ██   ██   ██████████████████████████████████████████████   ██   ██   ██
$41,000+ Level Bonuses   ★   300 DOGE Signup Bonus
helars2008

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:02:20 AM

As of now i cant see an altcoin can surpass bitcoin in the near future.
Despite bitcoin lacking features which other altcoins has it will still thrive for long time since most of the cryptocurrencies values it more as compared to other altcoins.
Let us remember that price of coins qill be greatly affected by the demand from users.  And as of now the demand for bitcoin is great.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: