Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:22:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA - the scheme is being pumped hard now don't fall for the trap  (Read 41077 times)
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:00:01 PM

Indeed, IOTA is no better than PayPal and the rest of current "fintech" industry. IOTA does not belong on bitcointalk or grouped with other cryptocurrencies, it is best grouped with other centralized "we know better than you thus can never fail but will steal your money for our bail"-mafia.

Re-read my post, your English decoder failed obviously.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:01:51 PM

I know you're a big byteball holder too so that is win win for you.

Of course, hard to not be a holder if they push free money into your pockets and you don't want to crash the price by selling all at once.  Cheesy
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:22:49 PM

I know you're a big byteball holder too so that is win win for you.

Of course, hard to not be a holder if they push free money into your pockets and you don't want to crash the price by selling all at once.  Cheesy

ha .... so evil Smiley

cryptovc

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:58:39 PM

Yes, looks like there is a lot of pump happened for last few weeks..and I guess people are taking profits now..not good way though.. Embarrassed
aziernest

Activity: 669
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:23:33 AM

I am not finding grounds for accusition being put on IOTA. have you guys spent time reading their whitepaper, checking blog, new hiriing, team, new business relationships???

IOTA is the only coin in top 10/20 list which is on only 1 major exchange bitfinex, with market cap of 2+ billion.

I don't see it coming down, rather, I bet it would be at least 5 billion plus plus before year end.

Learning2Fly

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:45:38 AM

I smell that this is one of the big nails, which will close digital's currencies coffin (i.e. "raised eyebrows", regulations etc.).
What about it?

I think the coin has interesting ideas, but the MC is way too high to make it profitable really.
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:11:33 AM

I am not finding grounds for accusition being put on IOTA. have you guys spent time reading their whitepaper, checking blog, new hiriing, team, new business relationships???

IOTA is the only coin in top 10/20 list which is on only 1 major exchange bitfinex, with market cap of 2+ billion.

I don't see it coming down, rather, I bet it would be at least 5 billion plus plus before year end.
Yes, many people have read their whitepaper, read blogs, talked to the team, and decided it is at best a really big scam coin at worst, just a failed centralized payment option the likes of Paypal.

If you judge the value of things by their price, stick to USD and keep trusting and using the traditional financial institutions. Invest in Apple, and oil companies.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:47:04 AM

Invest in Apple, and oil companies.

...and get 2x-3x profits max instead of 100x profits in cryptocurrencies. SatoNatomato is such a genius.  Cheesy
SatoNatomato

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:45:08 AM

...and get 2x-3x profits max instead of 100x profits in cryptocurrencies. SatoNatomato is such a genius.  Cheesy
Agreed invest in real cryptocurrencies such as Byteball if you want 100x profits.

If you want to profit on retarded sheep 2x then IOTA is a good deal, it has already had its 150x, but those profits were reserved for few people in the ICO 2 years ago.

Remember iota is not a cryptocurrency, it is centralized and censored like PayPal. Iota has not worked 1 day without a single central Coordinator node.
carajillu

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:47:13 AM

Agreed invest in real cryptocurrencies such as Byteball if you want 100x profits.

If you want to profit on retarded sheep 2x then IOTA is a good deal, it has already had its 150x, but those profits were reserved for few people in the ICO 2 years ago.

Confirmed again, SatoNatomato is a Byteball holder (remember, Byteball, this cheap copy of IOTA), and wants to promote his coin.
SatoNatomato

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:02:36 PM

Confirmed again, SatoNatomato is a Byteball holder (remember, Byteball, this cheap copy of IOTA), and wants to promote his coin.
It is not a secret, I came to this forum to pick an distributed ledger for my employer in the IoT sector, and made it known I picked Byteball and of course invested in it personally and manage the employers multi-sig wallet as well.

Ive also written detailed answers many times, why I did not select IOTA as an IoT coin - its beyond retarded for that purpose! Proof-of-Work on an IoT. Yeah right, I have a bridge to sell you. Of course would a Java programmer, CfB, make such an oxymoronic mistake when making an "IoT coin".

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:30:24 PM

You expect 100x profits from Byteball? Any insider info? Because right now the community consensus is that Byteball price will plummet once all coins are given away.
Bisonindatent

Activity: 107
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:35:30 PM

You expect 100x profits from Byteball? Any insider info? Because right now the community consensus is that Byteball price will plummet once all coins are given away.

Can you please also answere to that?: "Ive also written detailed answers many times, why I did not select IOTA as an IoT coin - its beyond retarded for that purpose! Proof-of-Work on an IoT. Yeah right, I have a bridge to sell you. Of course would a Java programmer, CfB, make such an oxymoronic mistake when making an "IoT coin"."

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:38:32 PM

Can you please also answere to that?: "Ive also written detailed answers many times, why I did not select IOTA as an IoT coin - its beyond retarded for that purpose! Proof-of-Work on an IoT. Yeah right, I have a bridge to sell you. Of course would a Java programmer, CfB, make such an oxymoronic mistake when making an "IoT coin"."

SatoNatomato was caught numerous times on blatant lies. He invested into Byteball which performs pretty bad price-wise so he spreads lies about IOTA because Byteball aims to compete with IOTA in the future. No idea what to answer to nonsensical claims.
Bisonindatent

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:56:22 PM

SatoNatomato was caught numerous times on blatant lies. He invested into Byteball which performs pretty bad price-wise so he spreads lies about IOTA because Byteball aims to compete with IOTA in the future. No idea what to answer to nonsensical claims.

I'm a total tech noob so it's maybe stupid but I was just also wondering about the proof-of-work thing as I recognized that my pc really needs to do a lot of work with the iota wallet so how does that work for every machine?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:24:26 PM

I'm a total tech noob so it's maybe stupid but I was just also wondering about the proof-of-work thing as I recognized that my pc really needs to do a lot of work with the iota wallet so how does that work for every machine?

Current proof-of-work is set to very high difficulty to prevent spam attack, for IoT-friendly variant of PoW check "Network-bound" on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-work_system#Variants.
Bisonindatent

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:54:28 PM

Current proof-of-work is set to very high difficulty to prevent spam attack, for IoT-friendly variant of PoW check "Network-bound" on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-work_system#Variants.

Ah that's good to know, thanks!
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:00:24 PM

Hmm... the Byteball exchange rates have fallen by more than 80% during the last two months. It is ironic to see the exchange rates of real cryptos like Byteball going down, and at the same time that of pump-and-dump alts such as IOTA going up.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:16:39 PM

Hmm... the Byteball exchange rates have fallen by more than 80% during the last two months. It is ironic to see the exchange rates of real cryptos like Byteball going down, and at the same time that of pump-and-dump alts such as IOTA going up.

Don't worry about Byteball, you earn on price difference, not on absolute value.  Grin
SatoNatomato

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:16:36 PM

Spam attacks only help iota dont they now? The more spam the faster it goes you said.

Please refer where in the whitepaper network bound PoW is described or link to source code. Maybe its not another of your fuckups like hashing function Curl which had to be replaced by sha3. Kthxbai.

Disregard the fact when you lower PoW to miniscule levels, it opens for attack from GPUs or better, even if its network bound. Cheesy

So retarded, PoW for security and hidden fees, yet low enough to work on IoT, even if with custom chip/asic/coprocessor it just means a single PC CPU or GPU can outcompete thousanda or millions of IoT devices. Power disparity.

No wonder Iota only works with a centralized Coordinator node.

Byteball does not have PoW at all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: