Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:34:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed)  (Read 274748 times)
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 02:51:37 PM

Download demo. Where is Bitstamp? Just in title and pictures?

Hi Gimmoroy Smiley,
    Bitstamp is still in Beta, it will be fully released the first week of September. Current subscribers have access to the Beta and are currently able to use Bitstamp but it is not part of the Demo. I'm sorry for any confusion.

Please let me know if I can be of any further help Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
Pangia

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 06:28:13 PM

Hi Gimmoroy Smiley,
    Bitstamp is still in Beta, it will be fully released the first week of September. Current subscribers have access to the Beta and are currently able to use Bitstamp but it is not part of the Demo. I'm sorry for any confusion.

Pablo.

Hi Pablo,

Running the Beta and it's flawless.  Thank you again for a great product.

I know that you've got your hands full and I actually don't think that you sleep based on how quickly you've responded to the inquiries on this forum. But I have one recommendation for you:

may I humbly suggest that you use your skill and talents to tweak the Butter Bot so that it might be able to trade on either a stock exchange or on the Forex market.  Do a poll to see what the interest in such a Bot might be.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Grinny

Activity: 390

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 06:41:00 PM

Hey Pablo,

butterbot works as designed with Bitstamp. Great work!
Even if I get the message "The Bitstamp API is currently having issues but we will keep trying. Butter Bot will recover automatically once the API is back up."
I found one minor bug: When you click on the butterbot Plugin-Button in Chrome, the MtGox tab is always active, even if you haven't entered any API information for MtGox and/or BTC-E and/or Bitstamp.
Would be better to either show only the trading plattform tabs, the user has entered information for, or the user should be able to switch positions of the tabs in his preference.

Crypto-Trade: Invest. Trade. Be free.
BTC: 16seZufhkvG92kmwjBmeknASaDEJQChmNz | LTC: LSXJFDjujJkAVgE3AmTyoU5W9yA2vzijbq
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 07:57:48 PM

Hi Gimmoroy Smiley,

Pablo.

Hi Pablo,

Running the Beta and it's flawless.  Thank you again for a great product.

I know that you've got your hands full and I actually don't think that you sleep based on how quickly you've responded to the inquiries on this forum. But I have one recommendation for you:

may I humbly suggest that you use your skill and talents to tweak the Butter Bot so that it might be able to trade on either a stock exchange or on the Forex market.  Do a poll to see what the interest in such a Bot might be.

Hi Pangia Smiley,
    Thank you for your kind words Smiley. I haven't discussed this idea with the dev team yet, but it is one of my personal goals to eventually take the bot out to markets other than Bitcoin. This is quite a ways off however as we still have a lot of development to do to make Butter-Bot complete and a lot of research if we were to expand. Please know it's one of my long term goals Smiley.

Please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 07:59:19 PM

Hey Pablo,

Even if I get the message "The Bitstamp API is currently having issues but we will keep trying. Butter Bot will recover automatically once the API is back up."
I found one minor bug: When you click on the butterbot Plugin-Button in Chrome, the MtGox tab is always active, even if you haven't entered any API information for MtGox and/or BTC-E and/or Bitstamp.
Would be better to either show only the trading plattform tabs, the user has entered information for, or the user should be able to switch positions of the tabs in his preference.

Hi Grinny Smiley,
  If I understand correctly, the issue is that the tabs for markets you don't have active are still visible? This is really by design so you can still keep an eye on those markets even if you aren't trading on them. Please let me know if I have misunderstood your query Smiley.

Whatever you need, we're here for you Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Grinny

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 10:32:11 AM

Hey Pablo,

Hi Grinny Smiley,
  If I understand correctly, the issue is that the tabs for markets you don't have active are still visible? This is really by design so you can still keep an eye on those markets even if you aren't trading on them. Please let me know if I have misunderstood your query Smiley.

Pablo.

No (and yes^^)
The problem is, when i click on the button, the extension always opens up the MtGox chart at first position.
This is a little bit annoying, because i have to make an extra click to see i.e. BTCE or Bitstamp.
No big deal, but the usability would be better, when:
a) the extension would open the last used tab
b) i would be able to arrange the tabs in the order of my choise
c) i would be able to show and hide specific tabs (by checking/uncheckim them in the options)

Beside that: The above mentioned error doesn't disappear even so Bitstamp API connection seems to be fine and butterbot works correctly.

BTC: 16seZufhkvG92kmwjBmeknASaDEJQChmNz | LTC: LSXJFDjujJkAVgE3AmTyoU5W9yA2vzijbq
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 12:58:50 PM

Hey Pablo,

Hi Grinny Smiley,

Pablo.

No (and yes^^)
The problem is, when i click on the button, the extension always opens up the MtGox chart at first position.
This is a little bit annoying, because i have to make an extra click to see i.e. BTCE or Bitstamp.
No big deal, but the usability would be better, when:
a) the extension would open the last used tab
b) i would be able to arrange the tabs in the order of my choise
c) i would be able to show and hide specific tabs (by checking/uncheckim them in the options)

Beside that: The above mentioned error doesn't disappear even so Bitstamp API connection seems to be fine and butterbot works correctly.

Grinny,
    Got it , solid points:). I'm putting those up on the board now. Will also look into the API issue now Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 12:07:08 AM

Friends,
   We sent an updated copy of the beta to current testers based on the feedback we have received so far. We look forward to your comments, if anyone has not received the new copy of the Beta, please drop me an email.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 02:43:22 PM

Friends,
  We just released a new copy of the Beta (V 2.1.6); if anyone on the Beta tester team has not gotten it yet, please drop me an email. This version includes the 24 hour time frame, the ability to select a "main exchange" and several other under the hood improvements.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 06:48:47 PM

Demo drag and drop didn't work here, nor "load unpacked extension" in Chrome

Hi,
  This is a common misunderstanding:

1. Please enter the following address into your chrome address bar: chrome://extensions/
2. Drag and drop your extension into that page.

You're all set!

Please feel free to post or email me about any issues you may have Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2404
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:56:04 PM

Demo drag and drop didn't work here, nor "load unpacked extension" in Chrome

Hi,
  This is a common misunderstanding:

1. Please enter the following address into your chrome address bar: chrome://extensions/
2. Drag and drop your extension into that page.

You're all set!

Please feel free to post or email me about any issues you may have Smiley.

Pablo.

I had allready managed it.....i had to save the attachment for it to work

Grinny

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 09:34:34 PM

Can someone explain to me the advantages/disadvantages of a 24h Trade Frequency compared to i.e. a 30min one?
Why do I want to change this? To reduce traffic? Certainly not.
Okay, the buy/sell Thresholds are hit less often with 24h instead of 30min.... but... what does this change for the bot's behavior?

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 12:37:51 AM

Can someone explain to me the advantages/disadvantages of a 24h Trade Frequency compared to i.e. a 30min one?
Okay, the buy/sell Thresholds are hit less often with 24h instead of 30min.... but... what does this change for the bot's behavior?

So far, back testing shows 2 hours (included in the 2.1 release) is best with the 0,0.25 thresholds. We included 24h because it was a WIDELY requested feature but I'm not sure about back testing results. You will be able to see this for yourself when we release V2.1 next week Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Grinny

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:20:19 PM

It's legit to speak about buy/sell preferences, isn't it?
In one of your earlier emails for btcbot v1, you mentioned the following setup: buy 0.15 / 0.23 -- sell 0.10 / 0.13 @ 30min frequency
Is this setup still backed by your long term tests as an effective one?
I know, you don't want to be responsible for possible losses, but it would be nice to have some indications about the preferences - especially the frequency.

So far, back testing shows 2 hours (included in the 2.1 release) is best with the 0,0.25 thresholds. We included 24h because it was a WIDELY requested feature but I'm not sure about back testing results. You will be able to see this for yourself when we release V2.1 next week Smiley.

Pablo.

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 05:26:58 PM

In one of your earlier emails for btcbot v1, you mentioned the following setup: buy 0.15 / 0.23 -- sell 0.10 / 0.13 @ 30min frequency
I know, you don't want to be responsible for possible losses, but it would be nice to have some indications about the preferences - especially the frequency.

Pablo.

Hi Grinny Smiley,
    Those original settings, from back in V1 were designed for shorter term gain. I backed away from those after a short time because we decided that a longer term strategy with higher gains over time would be better, and posted on the thread that I was recommending Gomboo's settings in a negligibly modified form of 0, 0.25/1h.

Back testing with the new engine has shown that the 0, 0.25 thresholds react even better with a 2h time frame which is where our recommendation will be when the V2.1 release is out. All this is documented in the thread.

If you have a minute, please drop me an email a Pablo@btcbots.com and I will send you a copy of the Beta so you can experiment with back testing yourself Smiley.

Please let me know if you need anything.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Grinny

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:32:10 PM

Thanks for the quick answer. That helped a lot - will switch to 0/0.25 and 2h.
And you already sent me the latest version Smiley

Pablo.

Hi Grinny Smiley,
    Those original settings, from back in V1 were designed for shorter term gain. I backed away from those after a short time because we decided that a longer term strategy with higher gains over time would be better, and posted on the thread that I was recommending Gomboo's settings in a negligibly modified form of 0, 0.25/1h.

Back testing with the new engine has shown that the 0, 0.25 thresholds react even better with a 2h time frame which is where our recommendation will be when the V2.1 release is out. All this is documented in the thread.

If you have a minuter, please drop me an email a Pablo@btcbots.com and I will send you a copy of the Beta so you can experiment with back testing yourself Smiley.

Please let me know if you need anything.

Pablo.

Pangia

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 04:17:08 PM

Hi Pablo,

Thanks again for a great product.  This thread is on page 3 and I think that we should always be on page 1, so my inquiry now regarding an add-on for the Butter Bot will bring us back to page 1.

Would it be possible to add the new time thingee (where we on our own add or subtract minutes from the pre-set times) to the back tester in the upcoming versions of the bot.  The current back test will only do the pre-sets (1hr. 2hr. etc).  It would be great to be able to back test 2hr. 5mins because I noticed that the run-ups occur on the hour and then the price decreases a few minutes after the hour. So a back-test to include the addition/subtraction of the minutes thingee would be awesom.

Thanks again.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 04:32:06 PM

Hi Pablo,

Thanks again for a great product.  This thread is on page 3 and I think that we should always be on page 1, so my inquiry now regarding an add-on for the Butter Bot will bring us back to page 1.

Would it be possible to add the new time thingee (where we on our own add or subtract minutes from the pre-set times) to the back tester in the upcoming versions of the bot.  The current back test will only do the pre-sets (1hr. 2hr. etc).  It would be great to be able to back test 2hr. 5mins because I noticed that the run-ups occur on the hour and then the price decreases a few minutes after the hour. So a back-test to include the addition/subtraction of the minutes thingee would be awesom.

Thanks again.

Pangia,
  Seems like a reasonable request, I'm not sure what the logistics of implementation are, but I will bring it up with the dev team Smiley.

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
seanrarey

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 06:41:59 PM

Hi Pablo,

Thanks again.

Whereas I agree that the time adjustments are going to have some affect on the results of your backtesting, I don't believe the feature would provide any actual benefit; being it is trends we are looking for, and frankly the "runups" are part of the trend.

Another factor involved is the number of bots that buy/sell on the hour.  I don't know how many other bots do this, or how many Butter users there are out there, but I _do_ see the spikes when Butterbots are all buying & selling at exactly the same time.  This phenomenon will lessen or completely go away with v2.1, since we can now all chose when to poll/trade.  This is a major improvement.

seanrarey

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 05:36:57 PM

Pablo, apologies if I am missing the information here (lots of data in this forum), do you have a referral program?

Your product is solid, effective, and most importantly, making me money.  I am telling people about it, so was wondering what my kickback is if they buy...  Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: