Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:01:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 1154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool  (Read 4381865 times)
gene

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2010, 06:26:54 PM

If you are whining about your coins, stop posting here and leave the guy alone.

He has developed a new site at no cost to anyone involved. He is adding features. He is actively working on the entire system (seems like he hasn't slept in the past 96 hours)
Of course, if the pool is legitimate, we will all appreciate the hard work, but one must earn trust. Let's be mindful of the big picture surrounding bitcoin.

and he shows you that your coins are there.

He has not shown that.

If anyone is waiting on a couple of bitcoins and can't wait a day or two more max to get them PM me and I'll give you a loan so you can make your urgent purchases.

Stop bothering Slush on bullsh*t. Sheesh.

Nobody has asked for any such thing. However, the issue here is trust; I don't think trust is bullshit. Surely, this must have occurred to you.

*processing payment* *error 404 : funds not found*
Do you want to complain on the forum just to fall for another scam a few days later?
| YES       |        YES |
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
slush (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2010, 06:27:10 PM

No, it is a standard Nvidia 8800 GTS 512, clocked at @700MHz

I made little tweak in server settings, I hope it will be at least less often.

gene

View Profile
December 19, 2010, 08:59:34 PM

To earn trust, he is giving you tons of information.
All unverifiable. To earn trust, he should provide money to the people who earned it.

If he wanted to steal your coins, why would he show you the exact total details of the network. Why would he show you your contributions and expected rates? Why would he show you how much he owes you?

If you don't trust him, stop contributing. No one is forcing you to use this system, and there are other co-op's that you can join that either are trusted, or open source.
Let's not forget that he currently owes at least a few people some money. To those people, his service is in fact not free. Am I supposed to ignore the complete lack of forthrightness in his responses to repeated inquiries concerning why money isn't being distributed? He hasn't even attempted to answered my questions. I will pose my questions as clearly as possible.

Slush, can you please answer the following questions?
  • For which blocks have payments been made?
  • Have payments been made for all matured blocks?
  • If not, why not?
  • If not, when will you settle your debts?

Do you want to complain on the forum just to fall for another scam a few days later?
Elanthius

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2010, 09:01:08 PM

If you don't trust him, stop contributing. No one is forcing you to use this system, and there are other co-op's that you can join that either are trusted, or open source.

This is a good point. I'm going to stop contributing until I see my reward is actually paid to me. It's got to the point where I don't trust the system at all.

I strongly suggest that everyone who isn't getting paid stop contributing immediately until this issue is resolved.

It's only ~2BTC, which is about $0.60 so no hard feelings. I knew the risk when I started.
Elanthius

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 19, 2010, 09:45:44 PM

You both are still talking as if something was stolen from you. You just have not been paid out yet. There is a solid 24 hour delay in payment just to start.

He's been coming onto the forums and crowing about successful coin generation and successful payments and yet somehow my address is never listed and I never see the money. The first coin I contributed to was generated on the 17th and now its the 19th. 24 hours has passed. Regardless, there was not a 24 hour delay, he was supposedly paying every six hours right after generation up until earlier today.

To me, it seems more like charity to the CPU generators than anyone stealing anything.

Slush should even consider a minimum threshold contribution before you are awarded anything.

Strange kind of charity where I use my electricity to mine coins for him.

Anyway, if I see the money then fine but until then I have to assume that this is just a scam.
gene

View Profile
December 19, 2010, 09:49:25 PM

You both are still talking as if something was stolen from you.
For good reason.

You just have not been paid out yet. There is a solid 24 hour delay in payment just to start.
You will need to provide a citation for this assertion.

If you've got 2 BTC for a couple of days generation, then you are on a slow GPU or CPU. Chances aren't in your favor that you will generate ANY coins outside of a collective group.

To me, it seems more like charity to the CPU generators than anyone stealing anything.
Some charity this it. "Be glad you get anything at all, and if you aren't paid, don't have the nerve to complain about it."

Slush should even consider a minimum threshold contribution before you are awarded anything.
Why?

Cdecker

Activity: 489
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2010, 10:10:47 PM

Because sub 0.01 amounts will end up in the transaction paying process anyway so there's no point in paying them out.

Want to see what developers are chatting about? http://bitcoinstats.com/irc/bitcoin-dev/logs/
Bitcoin-OTC Rating
bober182

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2010, 10:16:52 PM

How do I know if the CPU miner is working?

Code:
C:\CPU-miner>minerd.exe --url http://mining.bitcoin.cz:8332 --userpass *******.********:*************
1 miner threads started, using SHA256 'c' algorithm.
HashMeter(0): 16777216 hashes, 577.23 khash/sec
HashMeter(0): 16777216 hashes, 543.94 khash/sec
HashMeter(0): 16777216 hashes, 531.34 khash/sec
HashMeter(0): 16777216 hashes, 425.74 khash/sec
HashMeter(0): 16777216 hashes, 479.95 khash/sec
HashMeter(0): 16777216 hashes, 421.85 khash/sec
HashMeter(0): 16777216 hashes, 412.76 khash/sec
HashMeter(0): 16777216 hashes, 443.40 khash/sec

gene

View Profile
December 19, 2010, 10:17:14 PM

Because sub 0.01 amounts will end up in the transaction paying process anyway so there's no point in paying them out.

He already implements essentially this. The above implication was for some greater sum, by my understanding.

enoxice

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 19, 2010, 10:21:18 PM

Bober, that means it is working. The output will be different when you get a share and your profile will be updated with your share number and reward amount.
taiki

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 19, 2010, 10:30:42 PM

What just happened? The amount my 'Reward' field just decreased without any BC's being sent out.

Was the reward field previously = balance + expected reward ?
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2010, 10:34:47 PM

You both are still talking as if something was stolen from you. You just have not been paid out yet. There is a solid 24 hour delay in payment just to start.
People seem to expect some level of transparence because they're contributing something. Seems normal to me.

What are you talking about ?
Pooled generation is a good way for newcomers to get excited about something.
I contribute ~600mh/s to the pool, am I more entitled to ask questions ?
Chill down and be nice to newcomers, they are the ones that are going to turn an interesting experiment into a real economy.

Feel free to do just that in your own pool...

Why don't you just let slush answer anyway ? He's always been helpful to me and sent the balance that was displayed in my account.
I don't really care either way, generating by myself or in a pool, I find it a fun experiment that has the potential to interest newcomers before they get to realize what bitcoin is really about.

People asking questions should also chill down a bit Smiley

slush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2010, 10:37:09 PM

What just happened? The amount my 'Reward' field just decreased without any BC's being sent out.

Was the reward field previously = balance + expected reward ?

Your current reward is 5.82180106. If you mean 'expected reward', it is cleared every round we started. We found next block before few minutes.

@Other guys. I don't answer this because it is absolutely useless. I already post statement that I'm working on it hardly. If you don't get it, disconnect from pool, if you want. But shut up please.

gene

View Profile
December 19, 2010, 10:56:41 PM

Why don't you just let slush answer anyway ?
Agreed. Let's let him answer the questions, which I will restate here:

• If not, why not?

These questions remained unanswered.

He's always been helpful to me and sent the balance that was displayed in my account.
I can understand why. You contribute much to the pool and provide a veneer of legitimacy which makes it easier to lure contributors. He'll make sure the "big guns" are paid but skim the little guys.

I have been very careful and restrained in everything I have written. So have all others complaining. Please do not ask people who are being extremely calm (and have reasons not to be) to "chill down a bit." It is condescending.

I don't answer this because it is absolutely useless.
Unsatisfactory. You are now clearly evading the questions.

I already post statement that I'm working on it hardly.
I understand that English is not your first language, but the unfortunate choice of words here made me smile.

If you don't get it, disconnect from pool, if you want.
Oh, I think I get it just fine. And I have already disassociated myself from your scam.

But shut up please.
Nope. I am going to make sure people know what is going on and will continue point out that you refuse to answer legitimate questions.

enoxice

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 19, 2010, 11:00:24 PM

To be fair, I have received rewards as recently as 12 hours ago.

edit: Here's the transaction.
slush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2010, 11:14:31 PM

• If not, why not?

(tired) Ok, it was already written, but I'll sumarize:

ad 1) NOW the payments are not bound to blocks. I cannot say which blocks were paid and which not. I KNOW it is not good idea. I'm WORKING ON IT.
ad 2) Probably no. I'm WORKING ON IT.
ad 3) Because you see one 'reward' on your profile. Rewards are accounted directly when block is found, so when sending script start before block is confirmed, payment is sent directly and there is no balance for some others (which maybe worked on older block). Again, I KNOW it is bad. I'm WORKING ON IT.
ad 4) This is beta service. When I prepared this before a week, I did not imagine there will be almost 5000mhash/s so fast! So as proof-of-concept I implemented algorithm described above. It was easiest way to get it work and it work well, until cluster do not find so many blocks faster than network confirm that. Get it now? I KNOW it is bad. I apologize. I'm WORKING ON IT. But again, this definitely does not mean you lost your rewards. After I start new accounting engine (maybe today, maybe tomorrow, because it really needs testing), all payments will be definitely cleared after all blocks become confirmed.

These questions remained unanswered.

No, they were already answered, but not in so compact form, it's true.

I can understand why. You contribute much to the pool and provide a level of legitimacy which makes it easier to attract contributors. He'll make sure the "big guns" are paid but skim the little guys.

I know what you mean, but this is definitely not scam. I must be an idiot to steal this way. There are much better ways how to steal you all. Most of them all one-liners. These problems are pure technical. And trust me, I spent much more time on this service last two weeks, so stealing few bitcoins is absolutely pointless. I care about pool future. Let's see if long-term statistics show that I'm honest person.

I understand that English is not your first language, but the unfortunate choice of words here made me smile.

Sorry, but I'm doing my best Smiley.

Oh, I think I get it just fine. And I have already disconnected from your scam.

Your choice. This is definitely not scam.

gene

View Profile
December 19, 2010, 11:29:50 PM

<mostly incoherent content>
The language barrier is definitely part of the problem, but the entire affair seems to be poorly managed. Coupled with the fact that I have seen no payments for work done over 48 hours ago and that bigger contributors have supposedly been paid, I must conclude that at best you are not competent to manage the pool, and at worst you are selectively distributing money.

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2010, 11:33:32 PM

He's always been helpful to me and sent the balance that was displayed in my account.
I can understand why. You contribute much to the pool and provide a veneer of legitimacy which makes it easier to lure contributors. He'll make sure the "big guns" are paid but skim the little guys.
Wrong, we worked on the issue of my miner randomly sending bogus data.

I have been very careful and restrained in everything I have written. So have all others complaining. Please do not ask people who are being extremely calm (and have reasons not to be) to "chill down a bit." It is condescending.
Maybe you should be a little patient in addition to being so careful and diplomatic.
I was actually adressing davidonpda who was talking about charity.
But now I can start to see why he was reacting like that. People getting something for free (namely access to a pool) acting like they're owed speedy service, instant answers and complaining that people are "condescending" to them can get pretty annoying...

I don't answer this because it is absolutely useless.
Unsatisfactory. You are now clearly evading the questions.
The questions you are asking seem to have been previously answered...

But shut up please.
Nope. I am going to make sure people know what is going on and will continue point out that you refuse to answer legitimate questions.
You're just going to make a fool of yourself and appear like an impatient and annoying person Smiley

<mostly incoherent content>
The language barrier is definitely part of the problem, but the entire affair seems to be poorly managed. Coupled with the fact that I have seen no payments for work done over 48 hours ago and that bigger contributors have supposedly been paid, I must conclude that at best you are not competent to manage the pool, and at worst you are selectively distributing money.
Imagining that people will scam you for such tiny amounts is just... funny... in a pretty sad way.

gene

View Profile
December 19, 2010, 11:44:41 PM

I'll let other judge for themselves as to the merit of my earlier comments and if the questions have really been answered.

You're just going to make a fool of yourself and appear like an impatient and annoying person

[...]

Imagining that people will scam you for such tiny amounts is just... funny... in a pretty sad way.

If I understand the fundamental mechanisms by which a decentralized economy around this currency is to succeed (and I do), the only recourse I have to being ripped off is to do what I can to damage the reputation of the scammer. I should think you would also understand that. Besides, if the currency deflates the way I would expect it to were it to be adopted in any meaningful sense, then even 1.0BTC would be quite a sum of money in the future. No matter, your quoted remarks have no place in this discussion, and you know it.

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2010, 11:57:22 PM

If I understand the fundamental mechanisms by which a decentralized economy around this currency is to succeed (and I do),
I'll let other judge for themselves as to the merit of your earlier comments

the only recourse I have to being ripped off
you're not being ripped off buddy

is to do what I can to damage the reputation of the scammer. I should think you would also understand that.
I do. However, experimental software have their glitches, programmers need sleep, and there seem to be other pooling initiatives around. I should think you would also understand that.

Besides, if the currency deflates the way I would expect it to were it to be adopted in any meaningful sense, then even 1.0BTC would be quite a sum of money in the future.
Maybe buying some off of MtGox would then be a good idea.

No matter, your quoted remarks have no place in this discussion, and you know it.
I'll beg to differ, and you know it Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 1154 »
  Print  

Jump to: