Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:47:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First Asic for SIA - Obelisk SC1  (Read 29189 times)
Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:34:04 AM

Can anybody tell me how profitable is to mine with such ASIC? Because SIA is a strange altcoin. Is it real to return money in some 5-6 months?

At current SIA price, and supposed hashing power, it would mine somewhere in $750-$1000 range per month minus electricity cost.
Draw your own conclusions Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:31:36 AM

Perhaps this was obvious..but if you have more than one coupon you can only apply 1 coupon to 1 unit of any flavor...

I got an email on this....

thus most discount on any unit is $400 if you were 1st week and then #250 there after

I remember looking at this back when they launched and was sure they said 'per order' but live an learn

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Bulletdodger

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:46:34 AM

Not really sure about the profitability of the SC1 anymore.
There are other players in the market and it will be a fight about who will prevail.

_
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:49:58 AM

There are other players in the market and it will be a fight about who will prevail.

yeah, I only got mine for equip deduction...I'm at 50% tax rate this year....and the good old 25% you can take off in full for computer 5 year equip deduction (stimulus) the same year

thus for 25% more risk than paying IRS 50% of my crypto mining....with that 25% I can apply to my taxes due this year....I got some of these

IF they just make 25% back after expenses I"m essentially even, with the above considerations this year..then IF I just sucked it up and paid the tax man on mining

on the other hand

someone NEW and using fiat and $$$ not mining.....is getting 25% and the other 75% of the product is all risk....none of my real life/justifications....correct or otherwise

hardly fair but that is how it is shaking out for me this tax year...thus the purchase (dubious thou it was indeed) Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:06:16 PM

Are you saying someone else is making a SIA Asic or are your saying that since the SIA price has tanked recently (due to BTC price increase and massive sell offs of SIA) you don't think it will be profitable anymore?

I believe the SIA price will come back up as the actual functionality of the architecture gains adoption. It's definitely a marathon situation for SIA.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:36:42 PM

yeah, I only got mine for equip deduction...I'm at 50% tax rate this year....and the good old 25% you can take off in full for computer 5 year equip deduction (stimulus) the same year

thus for 25% more risk than paying IRS 50% of my crypto mining....with that 25% I can apply to my taxes due this year....I got some of these

IF they just make 25% back after expenses I"m essentially even, with the above considerations this year..then IF I just sucked it up and paid the tax man on mining

on the other hand

someone NEW and using fiat and $$$ not mining.....is getting 25% and the other 75% of the product is all risk....none of my real life/justifications....correct or otherwise

hardly fair but that is how it is shaking out for me this tax year...thus the purchase (dubious thou it was indeed) Sad

Have you looked into taking bonus or 179 depreciation on your equipment?  Bonus depreciation allows you to take an extra 50% in the current year and 179 allows you to take the entire amount in the current year.  Just a thought, but feel free to reach out if you want more information.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
sevenmiles

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:16:15 PM

DCR1 Miner + Presale Updates
We are very excited to announce the presale launch of a second Obelisk miner: DCR1 for mining Decred. You can read more about it on our blog. We were able to reuse much of the SC1 chip design, since Decred's Blake256 mining algorithm is very similar to Sia's Blake2b.

The DCR1 can only mine Decred, and the SC1 can only mine Siacoin. This new product launch will not affect the timeline, and we are still on track to ship both models by June 2018!

If you've already purchased an Obelisk SC1, you can use your order number as a coupon for the DCR1 presale. More details about coupons can be found on our FAQs page.

Additionally, we are excited to announce that the SC1 will ship with a minimum hashrate of 300 GH/s, which is 3x what we originally promised!

The presale for both the DCR1 and SC1 will end on November 24. Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback.

Best,

- Team Obelisk

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:03:02 PM

on the other hand

Have you looked into taking bonus or 179 depreciation on your equipment?  Bonus depreciation allows you to take an extra 50% in the current year and 179 allows you to take the entire amount in the current year.  Just a thought, but feel free to reach out if you want more information.

I think I was unclear. It is 25% real $$ saved off taxes I know I will owe. To get that all equip
deducted in this year. Thus the angle and again 50% on top of that to taxes if I don’t get equip
anyway.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:08:17 AM

on the other hand

Have you looked into taking bonus or 179 depreciation on your equipment?  Bonus depreciation allows you to take an extra 50% in the current year and 179 allows you to take the entire amount in the current year.  Just a thought, but feel free to reach out if you want more information.

I think I was unclear. It is 25% real $$ saved off taxes I know I will owe. To get that all equip
deducted in this year. Thus the angle and again 50% on top of that to taxes if I don’t get equip
anyway.

Well, the equip deduction is nice...I did mine the crypto to get the 5 obelisk sc-1 miners for a total in USD of $10,140.00 USD.

ON THE OTHER HAND

In 20/20 hindsight it cost me 4.108 BTC. That amount of BTC (at the current price as I type this of) $12,760.44 USD gives

me a total cost of $$57,419.89 at current BTC prices......yeah....mental giant I am! Not a real deal for 5 Obelisks. Had a buddy do the same.

(I shall blame him...he got 5 first...I simply had to follow...it is all his fault!)

And the price of BTC will likely GO UP MORE by the time they ship.... June 2018

Not sure if I should mine them or leave them virgin and put them in a bookcase shrine..never to touch the internet on their rarity!

fun times, damn silly hobby I got into...but hey!!!!

I HAVE $10,140.00 USD I can take off my gross income this year for tax purposes......

sheesh.....

brad

Branko

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:49:42 AM

Well, the equip deduction is nice...I did mine the crypto to get the 5 obelisk sc-1 miners for a total in USD of $10,140.00 USD.

ON THE OTHER HAND

In 20/20 hindsight it cost me 4.108 BTC. That amount of BTC (at the current price as I type this of) $12,760.44 USD gives

me a total cost of $$57,419.89 at current BTC prices......yeah....mental giant I am! Not a real deal for 5 Obelisks. Had a buddy do the same.

(I shall blame him...he got 5 first...I simply had to follow...it is all his fault!)

Not sure if I should mine them or leave them virgin and put them in a bookcase shrine..never to touch the internet on their rarity!

I HAVE $10,140.00 USD I can take off my gross income this year for tax purposes......

sheesh.....

brad

Yes, thats funny...in a long run you'll probably never mine enough SIA to catch up to value of those 4BTC...then again, who knows what the future holds for us...
Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 02:32:04 PM

ON THE OTHER HAND

sheesh.....

brad

Yes, thats funny...in a long run you'll probably never mine enough SIA to catch up to value of those 4BTC...then again, who knows what the future holds for us...

For basic i never use BTC to buy mining equipement oO

When i buy mining equipment is only from new money, i never take from my crypto stack ...

On other way you make a bet, if BTC go down after your buy, you win ... In other way you loose ...

Second you blame someone cause they tell to you buy SIA ASIC, well you are a grown man and you take YOUR DECISION.

DONT BLAME OTHER PEOPLE FOR THIS oO

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Branko

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:53:55 PM

When i buy mining equipment is only from new money, i never take from my crypto stack ...

On other way you make a bet, if BTC go down after your buy, you win ... In other way you loose ...

Second you blame someone cause they tell to you buy SIA ASIC, well you are a grown man and you take YOUR DECISION.

It wasn't me but Searing Cheesy
Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 03:30:36 PM

It wasn't me but Searing Cheesy

My bad Cheesy

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:43:36 PM

ON THE OTHER HAND

sheesh.....

brad

I was just letting everyone have a good laugh at my expense......I did NOT buy a lot of mining equipment...at the end of the year

just the sia stuff.....majority I did at 1st part of the year for crypto and have killed it this year

actually, that slack allowed me to gamble with obelisk's as a hedge because the tax man was gonna kill me w/o equipment

catch 22

but no, always have a reason to do stuff...but when BTC went beyond 2.5k ..well....them days of using crypto and mining it back died

around June 2017....up until then ..the angle has worked well for me since 2013

but your point is vaild, from now on take out a 'bank loan' and if it all goes pear shaped THEN use crypto to get out of the hole

but that will only work from now on with very modest amounts of equipment that make sense

anyway, w/o the siacoin miners at 10,104.00 ....I'd be in doo/doo with the IRS now ..so again ..ego wise it made sense back in the day

er now...er $$$ first then crypto if you get jam'd up..but only enough $$$ to get modest equip for deduction reasons to use for IRS

by modest 1 or 2...but even such miners do not exist and may not exist for a year....if ALL cryptos continue to play this MOON SHOT game!

live an learn....(don't be me) Smiley

brad

cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:41:22 AM

Hello guys, can anybody calculate/estimate what difficulty will be for Decreed and Sia coins after the first batch starts mining, with these figures of the sold miners?

SC1: 3600 units

DCR1: 3000 units
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:16:06 AM

Hello guys, can anybody calculate/estimate what difficulty will be for Decreed and Sia coins after the first batch starts mining, with these figures of the sold miners?

SC1: 3600 units

DCR1: 3000 units

All, I have on my 'dubious' use of crypto to buy miners from 2017...is on the OLD 1st batch calculator it was 750,000 coin for 5 obelisks I have, per month.

Also, with the release of ASIC miners, they expected the amount of Siacoin to exist in the world to increase by 25% each month thereafter...

anyway, that info is no longer around from what I can tell ..nor the calculator for Siacoin estimated profits

unsure, if this helps, all I have to go on is above

MWSchmid

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:51:42 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2018, 09:05:05 AM by MWSchmid

Did I get this right that the Obelisk will be the first blake2 ASIC on the market? Could it be actually used to mine Raiblocks as well?
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:42:23 AM

Did I get this right that the Obelisk will be the first blake2 ASIC on the market? Could it be actually used to mine Raiblocks as well?

Baikal B is already out - https://www.baikalminer.com/product10.php
cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:01:54 AM

Baikal B is already out - https://www.baikalminer.com/product10.php
Thanks for info!   Do i understand correcly that  it can mine both Sia and Decred - unlike Obelisk who has two different miners.

Also hashrate is  10 times less for Sia and Decred, than of Obelisk ?

Surely they have time advantage, if they are available soon.
MWSchmid

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:42:42 AM

no - with the obelisk for sia you cannot mine decred because decred does not use the same algorithm (sorry - I should have said "the sia-obelisk uses blake2"). However, as far as I could see, Raiblocks uses blake2 (I don't know any other coin though that has blake2 as mining algorithm). Though I guess that one would write the software to mine something else than sia on the sia-obelisk

Thanks @kurbeks (but the sia-obelisk should have more than 800 GH, which is 10x the Baikal, or?)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: