Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:20:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First Asic for SIA - Obelisk SC1  (Read 29189 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:28:34 PM

All I want is SIA to stay alive, I bought a couple Obelisks and even a Minebox to support the network.

If SIA can make what they envision work, it's only time before profits can be made.

It's a big IF but I'm happy to wait and see what happens.

My problem is the deafening silence of them with the ASIC's supposedly released next week..

also, the minerbox was late right?

Are you making even enough with the minerbox to cover electric at least? (grasping at straws here)

want to be wrong but:

1) vague email about how hard they are 'trying' to get the Obelisk units out...2 weeks before they come out (sounds like a stall for being late)

2) no INFO on how they plan to compete against Amazon cloud at their 10c to $1 difference in price and centralized vs decentralized sia-tec vision...where is the hype?
    do they expect JUST to turn on the ASIC's and Amazon Cloud just rolls over and dies? No one using this kind of storage in mass every got fired for using Amazon Cloud.
    so how do they get market share with NO noise...(ie deafening silence on this)

3) and of course the fact that current siacoin price it is IFFY if they are even worth turning on...def not worth paying shipping and setup and data hall rates IMHO

whatever, we will be the first to know...I guess

brad

Minerbox is unaffiliated with the SIA team.  Essentially all it is a proliant microserver:  https://www.hpe.com/us/en/product-catalog/servers/proliant-servers/pip.models.hpe-proliant-microserver-gen10.1009955118.html    With a supposedly modified version of Rockstor: http://rockstor.com/

When I say supposedly modified, I think the only modification is adding the sia wallet and automatically setting it up for you to share storage.

I can't speak for OP but I'll let you take a look at the current pricing and decide for yourself if it looks profitable lol:  https://siastats.info/storage_pricing

thanks for the link..will file it away....

sent you a pm on some other issues

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 02:39:37 AM

Well, being involved with ASIC makers of many flavors since 2013...the following looks like the beginning of a major 'clusterf*ck' IMHO.

The key thing in the below email is that they are still having problems with the firmware. Many mnfg's in the past have had these issues and

they get the equipment out .they make a couple half-assed patches to the firmware and the whole thing devolves into crap.

from below looks like that is a likely path with Sia-Tech

judge for yourself (the email) do you really frigging think that all that will come into play at the timeline they state and the firmware fixes too boot...doubtful

Here is the email below:

We are excited to announce that manufacturing started today! We've already built 1300 control boards, and are starting hashing boards tomorrow morning. All other parts – including fans, heatsinks, power supplies, and enclosures – have arrived at our final assembler.

The only remaining holdups are ASICs and firmware. We've received enough ASICs to build 500 units, and by end of this week, we expect to receive enough to build all Week 1 orders. We are on track to receive the remaining ASICs over the next 2 weeks to build all Batch 1 orders.

Assuming there are no unforeseen challenges, we will begin shipping to customers at the end of this week. We will start by shipping to Week 1 customers, and will then ship to all other Batch, 1 customers.

By tomorrow morning, we will have a few miners fully assembled. We'll share some images and video of a production unit running. We also expect to have hash rate estimates in the next couple days as we complete the firmware.

Thank you so much for your support! Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best,

- Team Obelisk
Copyright © 2018 Obelisk, Inc. All rights reserved.

You are receiving this email because you signed up for our mailing list or placed an order on our website.
If you wish, you can unsubscribe, but you will no longer receive Obelisk project updates.

Our mailing address is:
67 Batterymarch St, Floor 4
Boston, MA 02110

end quote

So, I guess it does not matter...a Sia-Tech unit at the Average USA price of 12c a kWh gets below on

you will use the following, $2.40 in electric vs .96c per day in profit...for a total monthly profit of $28.80 a month

vs $72.00 in electric per month. Again this is at 12c kWh average USA electric rate.

So, hell, even if as I suspect, Sia-tech gets the miners out and working with bug fixes by the middle of August 2018, it won't matter much.

With the ASIC's basically bumping off ANY reason to merge mine siacoin with GPU's ..it will be a wash. At the above rate, it is not even

worth taking them out of the box. This is the 'interesting' thing about all this, no mention by sia-tech on how these doorstops they are shipping

can even be turned on to 'supposedly' support their 'supposed' decentralized network or storage. I see no hype or anything on them even

promoting this as an alternative to Amazon Cloud and other centralized storage options. IF sia-tech would have 'forked' the coin for only

Obelisk products..it PERHAPS may have made some kind of difference...as it is...I'm afraid they will be firmware fixed by August 15th, 2018

doorstops.

Again my loss was 34% from what I got off vs taxes (federal and state) as well as 25% equip deduction (off taxes owed) all within 1 year.

I had the "illusion' that ...jeez...you'd think I could at least 'mine' 34% of the purchase price as a worse case scenario...

well, that certainly is not the case

brad

p.s. so at a $2,530.20 Price for (1) Obelisk SC-1 at a FLAT difficulty and current siacoin price it would be an 87.85 month ROI

yeah...frigging seems very unlikely to ROI on these huh?

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
voteformeg
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:26:52 PM

i am waiting for mY DC-1 ( batch 1 ) but i guess it is all the shame bullshit as your sc-1's , think i can't mine even 1 decred , well lesson learned , leave mining to the professionals
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:25:14 PM

i am waiting for mY DC-1 ( batch 1 ) but i guess it is all the shame bullshit as your sc-1's , think i can't mine even 1 decred , well lesson learned , leave mining to the professionals

when is yours due?

I think I have one (2nd batch) was supposed to arrive end of August 2018..but that likely will be pushed forward a month or more

At least I did get that 1 decred miner above for COUPONS 5 obelisk sc-1 half off coupons (a whale friend insisted ..thou I tried to talk him out of it..but he

to badly needed equip deductions etc)

So hell, can't beat that 4 coupons, and 1 used by my unit, for $800 bucks off ...

the joke is by the time I get it free or not .it too will likely be a 'doorstop' lol Smiley

but anyway, I think mine is batch 2 if I remember the end of August was the shipping date...I know the units were 1600 or so at the time and we JUST beat

the Jan 31st deadline before the next batch..if I remember right

whatever, maybe it will aspire to be (the decred miner) a 'free' space heater! (dare to dream!)

brad

themonkii

Activity: 672
Merit: 124

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 04:41:22 PM

I'm so glad I pulled out of getting a few of these. The plan was for 2, and that was during the bullrun.
I hope for those of you guys that did pull the trigger on the Pre-Order, it works out.

Genesis Network - GENX Payment Ecosystem  ☑ No ICO☑ No Premine☑ Fair Launch
Equihash 192_7 PoW─[ Maturity-Based Masternodes ]─ ANN Twitter Discord Reddit      
GitHub Pools Explorer Infographics ● ────[ ForumExchanges ]──── ●
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 05:10:40 PM

Well this one looks like a train wreck unless the SIA guys pull a rabbit out of the hat and say they are flipping the algo in the new miners so only the Obelisk's are supported.  I don't see how these will be profitable otherwise.  Big mistake telegraphing your moves when you have smart and aggressive competition.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 05:57:22 PM

Well this one looks like a train wreck unless the SIA guys pull a rabbit out of the hat and say they are flipping the algo in the new miners so only the Obelisk's are supported.  I don't see how these will be profitable otherwise.  Big mistake telegraphing your moves when you have smart and aggressive competition.

well at least they could do like Baikal and try to encourage new algos for blake2b

as I've said before...from everything I see ..they are just 'sliding by' on stuff..hoping it all works out

not a well run project from any direction from what i can tell (remember minerbox ..meh)

ah well, lost 1.11 btc in total on this on and over what I'd paid in taxes and the equip deduction....or about 4K in real $$$ more or less

so it goes

brad

p.s. Ave USA kWh price is 13c a day. After electric that is 97c a day at today's prices, so yeah, $30 bucks a month is not gonna cut it...but again, they are

covered with the BTC for this equipment they got....likely more than covered, if they held a lot of this BTC, so the point is moot, we are left holding the bag.

I still think they don't resolve this, siacoin will die. Sure it will replace GPU's, but again, if it doesn't pay to mine ASIC's at that point...it will just fade away, it

is not if that is the case you can bring GPU merge mining back at this increased difficulty.

Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:29:07 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2018, 12:51:52 AM by Eyedol-X

Well this one looks like a train wreck unless the SIA guys pull a rabbit out of the hat and say they are flipping the algo in the new miners so only the Obelisk's are supported.  I don't see how these will be profitable otherwise.  Big mistake telegraphing your moves when you have smart and aggressive competition.

well at least they could do like Baikal and try to encourage new algos for blake2b

as I've said before...from everything I see ..they are just 'sliding by' on stuff..hoping it all works out

not a well run project from any direction from what i can tell (remember minerbox ..meh)

ah well, lost 1.11 btc in total on this on and over what I'd paid in taxes and the equip deduction....or about 4K in real $$$ more or less

so it goes

brad

p.s. Ave USA kWh price is 13c a day. After electric that is 97c a day at today's prices, so yeah, $30 bucks a month is not gonna cut it...but again, they are

covered with the BTC for this equipment they got....likely more than covered, if they held a lot of this BTC, so the point is moot, we are left holding the bag.

I still think they don't resolve this, siacoin will die. Sure it will replace GPU's, but again, if it doesn't pay to mine ASIC's at that point...it will just fade away, it

is not if that is the case you can bring GPU merge mining back at this increased difficulty.

If Siacoin gets their actual network functionality launched that enables mainstream cloud storage and cloud backups, basically all the features that Minebox was "supposed" to do, I think it will make their network viable again but who knows what they will accomplish and when.

To me it's a core of dedicated people with big aspirations.... and I hope it pays off.

I bought my Obelisk(s) to support the network expecting there wouldn't be profits from them at least on the short term.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 07:44:03 AM

so it goes

brad

If Siacoin gets their actual network functionality launched that enables mainstream cloud storage and cloud backups, basically all the features that Minebox was "supposed" to do, I think it will make their network viable again but who knows what they will accomplish and when.

To me it's a core of dedicated people with big aspirations.... and I hope it pays off.

I bought my Obelisk(s) to support the network expecting there wouldn't be profits from them at least on the short term.

Diff between no profits and not even enough to pay electric. If ASICS can’t pay electric you
Just buy the coin amount used in electric. If you mine underwater on electric and have to chip
Chip in extra for electric you are mining coin for more than buying coin, which is silly. Also if
Everyone does same, you also drive difficulty up on your loss. Thus coin dies.

As to cheap storage plan. They have it. But same thing as minerbox. No one knows about it also
Vs Amazon.  The are not marketing this as an alternative.

We will see.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:21:01 AM

Deafening Silence. Just waiting to see 'when/if' my 'bookends' are delivered?

https://whattomine.com/asic?utf8=%E2%9C%93&factor%5Bsha256_hr%5D=14000.0&factor%5Bsha256_p%5D=1370.0&factor%5Bscrypt_hash_rate%5D=1000.0&factor%5Bscrypt_power%5D=1600.0&factor%5Bx11_hr%5D=34000.0&factor%5Bx11_p%5D=2100.0&bk2bf=true&factor%5Bbk2b_hr%5D=800&factor%5Bbk2b_p%5D=500&factor%5Bqk_hr%5D=3300.0&factor%5Bqk_p%5D=120.0&factor%5Bqb_hr%5D=3300.0&factor%5Bqb_p%5D=130.0&factor%5Bmg_hr%5D=3.3&factor%5Bmg_p%5D=50.0&factor%5Bsk_hr%5D=1.7&factor%5Bsk_p%5D=40.0&factor%5Blbry_hr%5D=20.0&factor%5Blbry_p%5D=200.0&factor%5Bbk14_hr%5D=80.0&factor%5Bbk14_p%5D=205.0&factor%5Bpas_hr%5D=20.0&factor%5Bpas_p%5D=105.0&factor%5Bx11g_hr%5D=0.45&factor%5Bx11g_p%5D=70.0&factor%5Bcn_hr%5D=55.0&factor%5Bcn_p%5D=140.0&factor%5Bcost%5D=0.14&sort=Profitability24&volume=0&revenue=24h&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=binance&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bitfinex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bittrex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=cryptobridge&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=cryptopia&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=hitbtc&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=poloniex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=yobit&dataset=&commit=Calculate

above at my data hall summer rates of 14c kWh. I lose -$0.14 cents a day! or negative  -$4.20 per month.

https://whattomine.com/asic?utf8=%E2%9C%93&factor%5Bsha256_hr%5D=14000.0&factor%5Bsha256_p%5D=1370.0&factor%5Bscrypt_hash_rate%5D=1000.0&factor%5Bscrypt_power%5D=1600.0&factor%5Bx11_hr%5D=34000.0&factor%5Bx11_p%5D=2100.0&bk2bf=true&factor%5Bbk2b_hr%5D=800.0&factor%5Bbk2b_p%5D=500.0&factor%5Bqk_hr%5D=3300.0&factor%5Bqk_p%5D=120.0&factor%5Bqb_hr%5D=3300.0&factor%5Bqb_p%5D=130.0&factor%5Bmg_hr%5D=3.3&factor%5Bmg_p%5D=50.0&factor%5Bsk_hr%5D=1.7&factor%5Bsk_p%5D=40.0&factor%5Blbry_hr%5D=20.0&factor%5Blbry_p%5D=200.0&factor%5Bbk14_hr%5D=80.0&factor%5Bbk14_p%5D=205.0&factor%5Bpas_hr%5D=20.0&factor%5Bpas_p%5D=105.0&factor%5Bx11g_hr%5D=0.45&factor%5Bx11g_p%5D=70.0&factor%5Bcn_hr%5D=55.0&factor%5Bcn_p%5D=140.0&factor%5Bcost%5D=0.12&sort=Profitability24&volume=0&revenue=24h&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=binance&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bitfinex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bittrex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=cryptobridge&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=cryptopia&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=hitbtc&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=poloniex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=yobit&dataset=&commit=Calculate

At the NORMAL summer rate in the USA of about 12c kWh. You still make +$0.10 cents a day! or make +$3.00 a month!

Living the dream! (FML).

Again, even if they do nothing more than replacing the GPU's on the network. It is NOT worth taking them out of the box,

not to mention wasting a PSU on them each.

Oh well, after taxes I lost 1.11 BTC at the height last year. (like $4,550.00 or some such in real money back then).

It is kind 'odd' though IF they really had a way to FORK with the tweak they claim with this ASIC, (as they told Bitmain)

you'd think, at this point in time, they would use that FORK option for a new coin option from scratch...just to get some

traction. Likely, such a 'hook' never existed and was just talk. But now would be the time to use that and/or make a NEW

blake2b coin of some type. Again unlikely. Again, leave them in the box and use as bookends...

Live and learn I guess.

Brad

Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:26:38 AM

Rename this thread to  LAST siacoin asic
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:10:50 AM

Reminds me of the KnCMiner company.

They came out with a great miner KnCMiner Jupiter, delieverd on time, and people made a killing because BTC went to like $1100 from $200 during that time.

Then they released the KnCMiner Neptune on pre-order, and basically delivered late.... very late. So late that by the time most people received them, they just put them right on eBay because it wasn't worth turning on.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:31:14 PM

Reminds me of the KnCMiner company.

They came out with a great miner KnCMiner Jupiter, delieverd on time, and people made a killing because BTC went to like $1100 from $200 during that time.

Then they released the KnCMiner Neptune on pre-order, and basically delivered late.... very late. So late that by the time most people received them, they just put them right on eBay because it wasn't worth turning on.

In knc’s case, they used 9 month preorder $$$ to spend 3 months filling data hall first

Thus Neptune was obsolete about 3-4 months later. A 3/4 loss. Obelisk has that beat 100%

Loss from day one.

lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:39:20 PM
Merited by Searing (1)

Obelisk sia issue is very bad. Will never get your money back. I thinks it's better to leave in box, wait 10 years and sell it as a special collectable in crypto pow history.
snowyNNN

Activity: 422
Merit: 251

Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Zcl Kmd Zen Rep Xmr Sc Neo

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:55:01 PM

If anyone gets one, I'll be willing to buy one for 100$ .

█▀▀▄░▄▀▀▄░▄▀▀▀░█░░░  Xmr Sc Pasc Rlc Zen           ✦       (\__/)       ✦
█▀▀░░█▀▀█░░▀▀▄░█░░░  Zcl Kmd Ltc Rep Dash                  (='.'=) 
█░░░░█░░█░███▀░███░ Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Btc             ✦   (")_(")  ✦           ▲▼ Anonymous ▲▼ Community Driven     XULT.com
Tailgunner

Activity: 81
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:41:20 PM

Why are there no other Blake(2b) coins out there anyway? SIA probably wouldn't be so overmined if there were other options available.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:04:21 PM

Obelisk sia issue is very bad. Will never get your money back. I thinks it's better to leave in box, wait 10 years and sell it as a special collectable in crypto pow history.

yep, you are likely correct. Without some OTHER blake2b coins, with 'hopefully' some useful coin 'hooks/enhancements' to mine

as well, we are 'crap out of luck'.  Then we get to the 'elephant in the room' for sia-tech themselves....there will be SOME who

run the ASIC's, thus IMHO, blowing out anyone still GPU mining this coin. What happens if, those that do mine siacoin with the ASIC's

at a loss then decide they can't make enough for electric and then they too walk? How can you have a siacoin network with NO ONE

LEFT TO MINE, because you are in a loss daily per electric via coin. That is what has the sia-tech people up at night, not that we

got screwed.

Why are there no other Blake(2b) coins out there anyway? SIA probably wouldn't be so overmined if there were other options available.

I don't have the skills, I know of no one who has the skills or I'd be all over making a new blake2b coin. The catch is it has to have

(the coin) a good 'hook' ..ie it has to do something of note ...or you are just mining 'air' because the coin is blah...

but, again, you'd THINK, if they could FORK the ASIC's as they said (on the bitmain threat) they could at least have an optional

protocol besides blake2b you coin make a coin of and mine..but then that would hurt anyone mining siacoin in that we would

all 'walk/run' to this new coin ....with NO difficulty....as an example, if I'm going to mine AIR, at a complete loss with electric..I'd

rather mine a coin, at the start, with NO difficulty and get lots of worthless coins on a hunch..then lots of worthless siacoin

on the reality of 'no chance' for profit.

Actual, Unicorns are possible when you look at all the hooks of getting a new blake2b coin off the ground..but hey a guy can wish

brad

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:44:39 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2018, 06:55:05 PM by Searing

Sia-Tech is back crabbing...

I got the below just FYI for you to see this cluster

start-----------------------------------------------

Dear Obelisk Customers,

First, we want to sincerely apologize for the delays and the lackluster communication. Your preorders have allowed us to build a strong team and produce two generations of mining hardware. We could not have done this without you, and we are enormously grateful and appreciative.

While some customers have requested refunds, Obelisk is dedicated to shipping out all orders to all customers. We have already disbursed the majority of our funds to engineering, components, and manufacturing for all batches. At this point, attempting to provide full refunds to all customers would be impossible. Obelisk would be insolvent, customers would receive pennies on the dollar, and our ability to deliver Batches 2-5 would be jeopardized.

After significant internal discussion with the Obelisk team, board, and legal counsel, we are putting together a solution that we think is fair to our customers and will have widespread support. Before officially announcing, we need a few more days to finalize the details and guarantee that the plan is viable.

What we can announce is that production for Batch 1 began this evening, and will continue throughout the weekend. We expect to begin shipping Batch 1 units to customers next week. It will take a couple weeks to fulfill all Batch 1 orders, but we expect Batch 1 customers will receive their hardware by August’s end.

We will follow up next week with a subsequent announcement detailing our plan.

Best,

- Team Obelisk
Copyright © 2018 Obelisk, Inc. All rights reserved.

You are receiving this email because you signed up for our mailing list or placed an order on our website.
If you wish, you can unsubscribe, but you will no longer receive Obelisk project updates.

Our mailing address is:
67 Batterymarch St, Floor 4
Boston, MA 02110

end -----------------------------------------------------

Likely options below:

1) they announce (most likely rumor) that they are going to overclock these puppies from 500 watts

to 800 to 1000 watts..(burn them out baby) of course the hash rate I've been told is 20% less than

they expected..so most that will do is a 'wash' and burn the units out..this is what I expect...at least in some part.

2) they will offer 1/2 off coupons on their next miner of whatever ASIC flavor and/or also make

a new algo coin to do so (ie Bitmain evil plan) to try and promote these and future doorstops.

3) they announce a new coin/fork (very unlikely with these units)

4) fork coin so that you can mine more siacoin units of little worth but it looks like you are doing

something of note anyway at your electric loss....fudge the numbers up for mining this coin....dangerous.....

again, the most 2nd most likely is 1/2 off some new damn ASIC To Be Determined in the future and

my 1st bet is they are just gonna burn out and overclock the hell out of them as a token fix...

I am 'still' befuddled on how they expect their decentralized storage network to work IF most GPU

miners have already left (and with ASIC's no reason to come back for the few GPU's left) and/or

how do they expect to 'ramp up' their 'vision' network with ASIC's mining electric at a loss...just can't see it.

tweak the algo so you get more tokens? other weirdness?

below is what I'd make if it showed up today I lose -2c a day in the bsmt ..not worth shipping them

with my data hall costs with elec and rent of 14c kWh.

https://whattomine.com/coins/161-sc-blake-2b?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=800.0&p=500.0&fee=0.0&cost=0.14&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

So, again, the units will stay in the box...

as a side note the decred unit (free one I got for my 5 coupons at 1/2 off) that makes 6c a day..if I had

it now

https://whattomine.com/coins/152-dcr-blake-14r?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=1200&p=500&fee=0.0&cost=0.14&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

they surely f*cked themselves as much as us

brad

Xexen4

Activity: 756
Merit: 290

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:58:56 PM

God blessed me, i learnt this asic devices very late after announced and stocks was already out. in the bull market i was looking to new asics to grow my farm but this disaster has tangled from me Smiley
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:06:09 PM

God blessed me, i learnt this asic devices very late after announced and stocks was already out. in the bull market i was looking to new asics to grow my farm but this disaster has tangled from me Smiley

So did you get stuck with some of these sia-tech obelisks? Or did you 'miss the bullet' and avoid getting any?

brad

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: