Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:43:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
gbx

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:21:56 PM

You guys don't get it yet, do you?

The money is gone.

There ain't no money to be had.

It's over.

My $.02.

Wink

I think you really cleared things up for us.  Much appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:46:57 PM

The money is gone.

It's over.

My $.02.

Wink

I think you really cleared things up for us.  Much appreciated.

Hire a lawyer if you lost big.  Not all the money is gone...... but i bet a huge chunk is. 
yan_jp

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 04:31:57 PM

Update 11/9/2013: TerraHash is still in business, we have not filed for bankruptcy yet. The refund from Yifu was cashed immediately back then, we did not make any profits from the recent surge in BTC prices. Again, we are still committed to provide as much refund as possible. I will update again in a couple days on how we are going to proceed with that.

I still believe terrahash will stick to what he keeps saying. Or, no need even to put a word here.

But maybe it is a bit too long... Hope I can get my bitcoin refund soon as promised.
I admire the effort and risk and believe it is not worth terrahash to lose his reputation.
Tad3j

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 04:57:47 PM

Update 11/9/2013: TerraHash is still in business, we have not filed for bankruptcy yet. The refund from Yifu was cashed immediately back then, we did not make any profits from the recent surge in BTC prices. Again, we are still committed to provide as much refund as possible. I will update again in a couple days on how we are going to proceed with that.

I still believe terrahash will stick to what he keeps saying. Or, no need even to put a word here.

But maybe it is a bit too long... Hope I can get my bitcoin refund soon as promised.
I admire the effort and risk and believe it is not worth terrahash to lose his reputation.

Yeah, same here!

It is a really long wait, but there's still no evidence on being bad guys as they update us. Yeah, they had updateing issues, but I believe they will do as much as they can! Wink

justmyname

Activity: 389

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 05:34:44 PM

Yeah, same here!

It is a really long wait, but there's still no evidence on being bad guys as they update us. Yeah, they had updateing issues, but I believe they will do as much as they can! Wink

Re: OFFICIAL TerraHash Thread (Klondike/Avalon Assembly US)
September 25, 2013, 06:25:39 PM

Reply with quote  #4535
Some events happened last week, that have forced us to make a decision to go out of business. A lot of issues compounded to press us to do this. The failure of the Klondike project was one. Chase, our bank, shut down our accounts. Also the delay in the shipment of the chips has resulted in a lot of customers asking for refund. We already owe a lot of money to PayPal, and with all the refund requests, it is impossible for us to continue our operation profitably. So we have decided to dissolve the company.

We are going to ask for a refund from Yifu. As soon as we get a refund from him, we will start refunding all the orders. We will be able to refund about 50% of every order with this amount. We are trying to get our money out of Chase, which will help us refund another ~5% of each order. We are trying to return as many components as we can, and as soon as we get more money back, we will send additional pro-rated payments to each order.

Once we get a refund from Yifu, we will be sending an email to everyone asking for a current Bitcoin address where to send the payments.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 05:56:27 PM

Yeah, same here!

Do as much as they can to run with whats left to the bank? lol   I hope no one still believes TH is legit.
fire5

Activity: 53

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 07:26:25 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2013, 08:09:08 PM by fire5

Is there anyone taking legal action in the US or putting together a group lawsuit?  Terrahash still owes me a decent amount of money from ACH transfers I was unable to chargeback.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_action  Lawsuit

And yes there is someone taking legal action, around 5 pages back and there's a company sueing them also.

zero-asic

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 06:05:20 AM

Is there anyone taking legal action in the US or putting together a group lawsuit?  Terrahash still owes me a decent amount of money from ACH transfers I was unable to chargeback.

And yes there is someone taking legal action, around 5 pages back and there's a company sueing them also.

I'm open to a class action suit.

Eloipool + bitcoind Ubuntu 12.04 install scripts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=171782.0
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 06:15:51 PM

I'm open to a class action suit.

Sign me up..
bankbtc

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:30:29 PM

The money is gone.

It's over.

My $.02.

Wink

LostDutchman, what facts do you have to support your opinion that "the money is gone"?   None?   

LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 11:22:37 PM

The money is gone.

It's over.

My $.02.

Wink

LostDutchman, what facts do you have to support your opinion that "the money is gone"?   None?   

OK, let's try this on for size, shall we?

How about if there was money to be had, refunds would be handled in a timely manner, without delay and all the fanfare?

Look at the evidence.

Terrahash has by its own admission closed up shop, is very difficult to contact and dozens, if not hundreds of people are out there howling for refunds and for the most part, not getting them.

Lawsuits are piling up, comlaints to consumer protection agencies are rife and there are just not any happy campers in the wild.

Figure it out.

If Terrahash wanted to avoid or could avoid all the brou-ha-ha it would make sense for it do do so ASAP.

Terrahash canot avoid it because there is nothing to avoid it with.

IMHO, it is only a matter of time before what is left of the walls come tumbling down and the Humptey-Dumptey that is Terrahash falls off the ruins, never to be put back together again.

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
zero-asic

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:28:04 PM

The money is gone.

It's over.

My $.02.

Wink

How about if there was money to be had, refunds would be handled in a timely manner, without delay and all the fanfare?

Look at the evidence.

Terrahash has by its own admission closed up shop, is very difficult to contact and dozens, if not hundreds of people are out there howling for refunds and for the most part, not getting them.

Lawsuits are piling up, comlaints to consumer protection agencies are rife and there are just not any happy campers in the wild.

Figure it out.

If Terrahash wanted to avoid or could avoid all the brou-ha-ha it would make sense for it do do so ASAP.

IMHO, it is only a matter of time before what is left of the walls come tumbling down and the Humptey-Dumptey that is Terrahash falls off the ruins, never to be put back together again.

My $.02.

Wink

We get it.  That's your opinion.  Now unless you have something new to bring to the table, please let the rest of us figure out what we're doing.

Eloipool + bitcoind Ubuntu 12.04 install scripts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=171782.0
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 11:32:11 PM

The money is gone.

It's over.

My $.02.

Wink

Look at the evidence.

Figure it out.

My $.02.

Wink

We get it.  That's your opinion.  Now unless you have something new to bring to the table, please let the rest of us figure out what we're doing.

I already know what you and "the rest of us" are doing and so does anyone else who can read this thread.

Basically, you are spinning out, treading water, running in place and sweating your losses while you try to figure out what to do.

I do not envy your position and situation and feel for you though.

You know, you can sue someone, win, get a judgement and then go enforce the judgement but if there is nothing to enforce it on, you are, as they say, "SOL".

I am pretty sure that Terrahash is going to make the decision about what to do for you and I suspect it will not be long.

I've seen this kind of crap before and have a pretty good idea how it will work out.

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:48:46 PM

Wire Fraud.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
Humax

Activity: 203

The law of the universe!

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:34:24 AM

LostDutchMan, don't kick all the people who got scammed by Amir/TerraHash while they're down. Stop being a smartass unless you can use your "intellect/wisdom" by helping people here.
If not, just get out!
Leave the victims at peace.

Help me feed my hamster! Donate sunflower seeds!
gjgjg

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:10:46 AM

LostDutchMan, don't kick all the people who got scammed by Amir/TerraHash while they're down. Stop being a smartass unless you can use your "intellect/wisdom" by helping people here.
If not, just get out!

he's currently the only user im using the ignore function on, its making my day, i can recommend it (that, along with the hearing results and the price rally helping to make my month) Grin

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 02:05:53 AM

If not, just get out!

Look, I'm not trying to kick anyone and I am sorry that you have interpreted my input in that manner but I am not resposnsible for the interpretations or feelings of others and I'm not "being a "smartass"".

See, the thing is, Terrahash is a dead horse and I see little point in continuing to flog it.

Put in your refund requests, if you can get attorneys to take a case on contingency, do it.

If you have to spend any money to get an attorney to come on board, you're probably sending good money after bad ecause the chances of recovery are slim to none I think and the past performance of Terrahash certainly seems to support that idea.

If some of you want to band together to do a class ation, go ahead if it makes you feel better but I have a hunch most of you would be a lot better off directing your efforts elsewhere.

File you claims, make your refund requests, pound the Hell out of Terrhash with emails and phone calls and maybe, just maybe if your wheel squeaks loud enough, you will get some grease and good luck to you on that one!

Sincerely.

I know what it is like to lose a ton of money, having watched around USD $350K disappear  in real estate transactions a few years back and not a damned thing I could do about it, hence my dislike for owning dirt, as we call real esate in the business.

I sincerely feel for those who have lost money in this matter but as I have repeatedly written, I think there is very little chance of anything like meaningful recovery of funds.

Terrahash has no real assets; not even an owned office, its bank accounts are locked, they are trying to get money back from the Chinese (Good luck on that one!) and are bing pummeled with complaints and legal actions and the net result of these things is going to be a Chapter filing which will result most likely no one getting anything as I suspect there is nothing to be had.  Absent intentional fraud and I don't think a prima faie case could be so established, the pricipals will walk away unscathed, owing nothing.

If anything, I am only trying to soften the blow and prepare those who have lost money for what I see as the inevtiable outcome of this matter.

I wish the best to those who have lost funds and really and sincerely wish that there were effective alternatives to just sucking it up but there you have it.

My $.02.

Sad

Corporations For Crypto
hammurabi

Activity: 223

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:47:40 AM

If not, just get out!

Look, I'm not trying to kick anyone and I am sorry that you have interpreted my input in that manner but I am not resposnsible for the interpretations or feelings of others and I'm not "being a "smartass"".

See, the thing is, Terrahash is a dead horse and I see little point in continuing to flog it.

Put in your refund requests, if you can get attorneys to take a case on contingency, do it.

If you have to spend any money to get an attorney to come on board, you're probably sending good money after bad ecause the chances of recovery are slim to none I think and the past performance of Terrahash certainly seems to support that idea.

If some of you want to band together to do a class ation, go ahead if it makes you feel better but I have a hunch most of you would be a lot better off directing your efforts elsewhere.

File you claims, make your refund requests, pound the Hell out of Terrhash with emails and phone calls and maybe, just maybe if your wheel squeaks loud enough, you will get some grease and good luck to you on that one!

Sincerely.

I know what it is like to lose a ton of money, having watched around USD $350K disappear  in real estate transactions a few years back and not a damned thing I could do about it, hence my dislike for owning dirt, as we call real esate in the business.

I sincerely feel for those who have lost money in this matter but as I have repeatedly written, I think there is very little chance of anything like meaningful recovery of funds.

Terrahash has no real assets; not even an owned office, its bank accounts are locked, they are trying to get money back from the Chinese (Good luck on that one!) and are bing pummeled with complaints and legal actions and the net result of these things is going to be a Chapter filing which will result most likely no one getting anything as I suspect there is nothing to be had.  Absent intentional fraud and I don't think a prima faie case could be so established, the pricipals will walk away unscathed, owing nothing.

If anything, I am only trying to soften the blow and prepare those who have lost money for what I see as the inevtiable outcome of this matter.

I wish the best to those who have lost funds and really and sincerely wish that there were effective alternatives to just sucking it up but there you have it.

My $.02.

Sad

Amir is a man of honor!
And Justin is fighter for freedom!

They will find a way!

Smiley

BTC:    1Hpk4rWpP3gACJhXHn8VkeNp4usdQmfuVY
LTC:    LM5p7X9dTsWj14G2VQeJKuntVUc6GsPnDp
gbx

Activity: 226

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:05:03 AM

If not, just get out!

Sincerely.

I know what it is like to lose a ton of money, having watched around USD $350K disappear  in real estate transactions a few years back and not a damned thing I could do about it, hence my dislike for owning dirt, as we call real esate in the business.

Terrahash has no real assets; not even an owned office, its bank accounts are locked, they are trying to get money back from the Chinese (Good luck on that one!) and are bing pummeled with complaints and legal actions and the net result of these things is going to be a Chapter filing which will result most likely no one getting anything as I suspect there is nothing to be had.  Absent intentional fraud and I don't think a prima faie case could be so established, the pricipals will walk away unscathed, owing nothing.

My $.02.

Sad

Funny thing is, you could be looked at by some as commiserating with the enemy.

Some accountants might estimate that TerraHash has stolen 10s of millions of dollars.  You are effectively saying that this person will never see a day in court, and if they do, those who pursue this blatant thief are spending good money after bad.

Let me remind you that YOU DO NOT HAVE A DOG IN THIS FIGHT.

YOU ARE A TROLL and are only interjecting your opinion because you're old and you think you're smarter and more experienced than everyone else.  Perhaps some of that is true... specifically, the old part.  but to believe that someone who has run off with 10s of millions of dollars will never see the inside of a jail, or the inside of a courtroom who is well doxed and whos identity is well known is blasphemy.

Take your two cent speeches elsewhere good sir.  For you are someone who commiserates with the enemy.

massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:11:34 AM

My $.02.

Sad

We know.  We read it the first 5 times you said it.  Let it go, man.  I must have a dollar of your 2 cents worth saved up over here already Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: