Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:56:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
Tad3j

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:30:29 PM

One eye, eh?

I can at least "keep an eye" on things!

Wink

DAMN!

So much for rational and reasonable discussion!

Can we now proceed with more Ad Hominem attacks?

Those are fun if that sort of thing hooks up with your mentality but I will not play.

You know, I am trying to cushion the inevitable blow that is on the way and it is and when it does, it will hit hard.

I think that you know jackshit about "intentions" but you go right ahead and have fun.

No fraud here; in over their heads?

Prolly so but that ain't fraud and anyway, if they were to get prosecuted for fraud, they'd get jail or probation time and since there is no money in the corporation, no one would get anything.

LOL!

My apologies for the ad hominem argument.  Lets switch over to red herring with BFL.

Just kidding.

There are still two assumptions you make.

1.  The corporate veil cannot be pierced.  If you've done a few laps on the track, you'll know that if a corp has no significant assets, a creditor can attempt to prove that the corp is not acting as a separate entity but is the alter ego of its officers.  (paraphrasing investopedia).  It's not uncommon for C corp shareholders to worry about personal liability.  It's not bulletproof.

2.  They have no money (BTC or USD).

And while you've tried to illustrate your rationalization for these assumptions.  They are, in fact, assumptions.  And they could very well be, and likely are, incorrect.

Again, my apologies for poking fun at your eye patch.

No problem on the eye patch thing because you have to have a little fun where you find it!

I also have a missing finger and boy do we have fun with that one sometimes!

Wink

As far as my assumptions go, they are indeed assumptions but pretty good ones I think.

(1) Piercing the corporate veil: I just don't see any intent to defraud here; a couple of serious fuckups but no fraud, therefore it is unlikely that personal liability would come into play.  Fucking up isn't fraud.

(2) I think it is pretty clear that if there was any money, more refunds would be forthcoming and they are not.  The probability that both the corporation and the principals are dead broke is pretty good, so however the complaints and lawsuits turn out, I don't think there is going to be anything of significance for creditors and "customers" to latch onto in the event of judgements.

This will play out and we will see.

My $.02.

Wink

P.S>:  If it turns out that I am correct in the assumptions, I promise to not say "I told you so!"............

.....Too many times, anyway!

As for the "I told you so" statement.  Be my guest... I'll be the first to admit that I'm wrong when I am.  However, I've not laid any claims other than claims that what you say are assumptions and have no facts behind them.

Incorrect and inaccurate assumptions are the root cause of most bad things.  We humans tend to shortcut things in our minds based on past experiences.  Once you see how fallible you are in that regard, you'll want to substantiate your hunch before jumping to conclusions.  After all, someone in this thread is bound to be right about the situation.  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while Wink

However, you just keep going on and on about your hunches, and how you don't see fraud here.  If things turn out the way you predict them to be, it looks every bit like fraud from end to end.  You don't think that renting an office and buying some resistors and caps makes it look like good intentions do you?  Heck, I was neighbors with someone who bilked millions of dollars out of people, drained hard working teachers of their retirement accounts.  He had an office.  He even sent out earnings statements.  Search "Prime Bank Note Fraud".  Heck, this guy even said "god bless" to most folks at the end of their conversation.

In the end, I don't think courts will look favorably on this fellow.  He didn't produce or ship a single widget.  Just took in large sums of cash and cash equivalents and bailed.  He created a nice atmosphere to encourage trust (renting an office, allowing folks to stop by and see the mouser deliveries, etc).  Like any white collar criminal,  they put some pride into their crime.

Whoever is right in this situation is not important.  What is important are that folks who put money into this con are 100 percent restored.

Now, this is gold!! If you're aware of that it means that you are good learning of life. The every human being is at the end judging by himself.

And you dear LostDutchman, sir, you have to many ideals about everything. You try to find a sense to every question in life with, knowing and get involved in too many disciplines. You are messing more and more and in the end you will only hurt yourself and your closest. I am suggesting that you take in hand some books, that will show you how to accept others and of course yourself Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fire5

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:05:53 PM

When are the refunds being sent?

Tad3j

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 11:04:57 PM

Terrahash, this is what am I asking myself also?
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 11:08:25 PM

The refunds are being sent to the planet Niribu.

You have to log in to get yours.

Or wait until it orbits around again.......................

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 11:59:00 PM

If the money is gone it makes no difference and you can get all the judgements you want but if they are not enforceable you end up with a thing called a Pyrrhic victory and the creditors are running around like puppies chasing their tails.

Terrahash had a good idea, it didn't work out and both Terrahash and its customers got it up the Strada Chocolata.

Unless I am incorrect, Terrahash is still waiting on a refund from Dr. Fu Manchu; I mean Yifu.

I wonder if Benny and Cloudhashing got refunds?

Anyone ask yet?

My $.02.

Wink

Nice racist touch to your last post. 

"Racist"?

Oh, gimmee a fuckin' break!

That is Peter Sellers in the role of Dr. Fu Manchu in "The Fiendish Plot of Dr. Fu Manchu"!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080731/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

Jesus Christ on a raft!

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
gbx

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:57:31 AM

If the money is gone it makes no difference and you can get all the judgements you want but if they are not enforceable you end up with a thing called a Pyrrhic victory and the creditors are running around like puppies chasing their tails.

Terrahash had a good idea, it didn't work out and both Terrahash and its customers got it up the Strada Chocolata.

Unless I am incorrect, Terrahash is still waiting on a refund from Dr. Fu Manchu; I mean Yifu.

Anyone ask yet?

My $.02.

Wink

"Racist"?

That is Peter Sellers in the role of Dr. Fu Manchu in "The Fiendish Plot of Dr. Fu Manchu"!

Jesus Christ on a raft!

My $.02.

Wink

Ya, you're a racist.  Clearly your comment was derogatory in nature to Yifu's cultural origin.

Are you done gracing this thread with your presence?
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 10:01:17 AM

Anyone ask yet?

My $.02.

Wink

"Racist"?

Jesus Christ on a raft!

My $.02.

Wink

Ya, you're a racist.  Clearly your comment was derogatory in nature to Yifu's cultural origin.

Are you done gracing this thread with your presence?

No.

"Playing the race card is an idiomatic phrase that refers to exploitation of either racist or anti-racist attitudes by accusing others of racism."

Usually done by those on the losing side of a discussion or argument so as to divert attention from that losing position.

The race card also leads us to the Ad Hominem attack:

Pathetic.

Corporations For Crypto
massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 06:33:05 PM

No.

"Playing the race card is an idiomatic phrase that refers to exploitation of either racist or anti-racist attitudes by accusing others of racism."

Usually done by those on the losing side of a discussion or argument so as to divert attention from that losing position.

The race card also leads us to the Ad Hominem attack:

Pathetic.

Umm YES. Please then, how exactly is the fu manchu pic in reference to yifu not racist?  It certainly looks racist to me....  but I am not familiar with the movie.  Does manchu also fail to deliver his product in a timely manner?  Grin 

Tie it back in to the discussion at hand, and your little memes are absolutely correct.  Only that you are the one on the losing side of the debate dutchman, so you take an extra step to post something obviously racist and then wait to defend yourself with the 'race card' card.  Straight out of the troll handbook. 

Congratulations, you have effectively shifted the conversation away from the validity of your assumptions.  Bravo.

Back to the discussion at hand, I find your assumptions difficult to believe.  Then again, I find everything about you difficult to believe.  For someone with no skin in the game you seem to care an awful lot about this little corner of the interwebs.  And someone as aged and experienced as you present yourself to be would probably have better things to do than repeat the same argument every day to a bunch of people that he is in no way involved with for no reason other than entertainment.  You post about people who have already got refunds potentially having those refunds charged back again by court order.....  which sounds ridiculous.  Yes, you posted the terms text that shows it might be technically possible, but has it ever really happened to a legit customer before?  You slyly ignored that question, so I am assuming the answer to that is no and everything you say should be taken with a grain of salt.  Ever notice how everybody on BCT is some kind of guru with years of experience?  What makes you more believable than the last guy?

The way you continue to repeat yourself is wayy over the top, and it only makes you look bad.  I hate repeating myself...  but if I really have to:
Repetition won't make your point any more valid,

So why continue to repeat your very simple points over and over and over and over in here, unless your goal is really just annoying people?  See how your conduct here might be harming your credibility, making others doubt the few sound arguments that you might have?  No?  Then you probably really are just a troll.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 10:04:17 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2013, 10:54:45 PM by LostDutchman

http://bitcoinjim.com/content/3-traits-all-phony-bitcoin-asic-vendors

"Terrahash.com - Founded in 2013 by Amir Khan and Tarandeep Gill aka "Justin", Terrahash was to build custom opensourced miners based on the Klondike design utilizing Gen I Avalon chips.  Claiming to have been burned by Yifo Gao of Avalon ASIC, Terrahash accepted PayPal & Bitcoin paid pre-orders for it's supposed line of miners based on the Avalon Gen 1 chips, which never arrived.  Terrahash accepted a refund from Avalon, attmempted to refund some of it's PayPal customers, and screwed over anyone who paid via Bitcoin - burning the mining community.  Suffice to say that Terrahash will be quite the stain on the resume of Mr. Khan and Gill.  Expected to file file for bankruptcy protection, Terrahash will likely burn any who were foolish enough to give them any resources.  In Terrahash's defense, they did seem to actually build a few prototype boards with their Avalon chips - which is far more than any of their counterparts in the hall of shame can say.  They seemed to actually have some competance, other than just putting togther a website to push vaporware."

http://bitcoinscammers.com/terrahash-com/

From this point on, at least as far as this topic goes, I will be a J.A.F.O.; "Just Another Fuckin' Observer".

LotDutchman out!

Corporations For Crypto
gbx

Activity: 226

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:25:23 AM

I think this best, puts into words, what we just witnessed from Terradog, the dutch bitcoin mafia boss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3wuSO59OdM

fire5

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 01:46:09 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2013, 01:03:11 PM by fire5

Send the refunds

http://www.sccaseinfo.org/pa6.asp?full_case_number=1-13-CV-254284&crumbs=Civil%20Index&crumbs=Party/Case%20Type%20Search&crumbs=Party/Case%20Type%20Results&crumbs=Cases%20Involving%20Amir%20Kahn#docs

fire5

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:25:36 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2013, 01:03:36 PM by fire5

Send the refunds

Small claims

http://www.sccaseinfo.org/pa6.asp?process_name=process_index_party2&search_string=Terrahash+Inc%2E&case_type=All&display_name=Terrahash+Inc%2E

Tad3j

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:56:11 PM

They responded on 9th and they are claiming they will refund us.
flowdab

Activity: 215

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:36:25 PM

The 9th of what? And where?
Tad3j

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:09:33 PM

The 9th of what? And where?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=198489.msg3533929#msg3533929
Shimple

Activity: 123

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:15:24 AM

So does anyone know whats going on with the refunds?
zurg

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:20:33 AM

They are probably getting gambled with at our expense, (given the recent prices) and they don't even have a common decency to let us know anything.
At this point the $ they got is 10x pre-orders, way beyond refunding everyone and keeping a nice chunk of change.
gjgjg

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:35:04 AM

were down to faith at this point. also im thinking amir is holding onto the btc he has from preorders to pay for any legal battles just filed against TH before sending whats left out as refunds (if thats going to happen at all).

sad thing is if he was just more communicative, im sure he could have spun a situation where he avoided any legal battles, sold the preorder btc at todays price, refund everyone 100% and walk away with a profit and some reputation. but because of the persistent lack of communication, were all out for blood now and he'll probably need to move to siberia (sorry i think i drifted into directing this to amir and strayed from your question lol).

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
imapd

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

cave canem!

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:26:51 AM

were down to faith at this point. also im thinking amir is holding onto the btc he has from preorders to pay for any legal battles just filed against TH before sending whats left out as refunds (if thats going to happen at all).

sad thing is if he was just more communicative, im sure he could have spun a situation where he avoided any legal battles, sold the preorder btc at todays price, refund everyone 100% and walk away with a profit and some reputation. but because of the persistent lack of communication, were all out for blood now and he'll probably need to move to siberia (sorry i think i drifted into directing this to amir and strayed from your question lol).

you think someone is starting a legal battle against terrahash? how you know this?

Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 12:21:23 PM

Can't believe this thread is still up and still going. 

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
Pages: « 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: