Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:30:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Afraid of August One?  (Read 25674 times)
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 06:47:27 AM

Being afraid or having fear to something that will happen for our life in the first time is just normal,since its the first segwit activation and hard fork fearing is just normal for us.Because we dont know what will be the outcome of that thing at we have no knowledge about it

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:52:06 AM

Being afraid or having fear to something that will happen for our life in the first time is just normal,since its the first segwit activation and hard fork fearing is just normal for us.Because we dont know what will be the outcome of that thing at we have no knowledge about it
that is really creating the confusion, people are confused that what is going on to the price of bitcoin and the good news is that still the price of bitcoin is trading above 2500$ which means that people are still not welling to sell their bitcoin and most of the people are holding it. they are sure that there is no such effect of 1st August events on bitcoin price.
superiorus
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 08:04:34 AM

I'm not afraid at all!
August 1 will be a date when a step forward will be taken.
Those who talk about losing interest in Bitcoin or declining the price after August 1 do not understand what this change is.

Flanagan

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:14:32 AM

In case nobody has mentioned it already, I strongly recommend all bitcoin hodlers to inform themselves of what's coming SOON....in this article from Bitcoin magazine:

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/countdown-segwit-these-are-dates-keep-eye/

One quote to watch out for:
"If a chain-split is not avoided, the situation could become far more complex. By mid August, there could potentially be one, two, three or maybe even four “Bitcoins”: “148 Bitcoin”,  “NewPoW Bitcoin”, “Bitcoin ABC,” as well as “Legacy Bitcoin”."

Another quote from an article linked to in the first article:

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bitcoin-beginners-guide-surviving-bip-148-uasf/

"First off, be aware that a chain-split create a high-risk situation. There is a chance that some sort of cyber-battle will break out between the two camps, perhaps even escalating to the point where bitcoin’s exchange rate(s) drops sharply, possibly to zero. Make absolutely sure you are not holding more value in bitcoin than what you are willing to lose."

Learn to listen, listen to learn.
sasaku bitbit

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:15:20 AM

We are already in July and August 1 is coming...the day when Segwit would start signalling for all and what will happen after this date is something many fear of. Will there be a split and what will happen on the split?

I have already read some assurance that at the current rate things are doing, the possibility for a split is getting remote. Maybe the overarching interest of all stakeholders has already dawned to many.
This is very simple thing , you should think that lot of amount of the Bitcoin are hold by the owner of the Bitcoin , so what will happ if the network of the blockchain will face problem , I mean we don't need to worry much about this , and instead of this some preacuation should be taken by us .
1) Before 1 August transfer your all Bitcoin at the blockchain wallet .
2) If you have Bitcoin then transfer only Bitcoin to your address of blockchain also  .
3) don't make transaction like things from any of the Bitcoin wallet .
4) Make backup of your wallet of the blockchain before the 1 August  .
If you will do these things , then I don't think that you need to worry anything ways , because you are in official ways and platform and nothing is problem in the official wallets Wink

Thank you for the advice. I will do as you suggest. I hope everything is fine for me.

yes these are all precautions in the upcoming hard fork like its better to be safe than sorry.
its better to do these even if the activation will be succesful or not. stop spreading some fud about the splitting of coin as it brings some confusions to the community.

I also hope this is all precautionary action as in the upcoming difficult fork as better in order to secure than would happen to lose. maybe one of August it will be better to produce coins that separation or less well so there happen confusion for users and also the public. I very much hope it will be under control and the fine
Crypto_trader87

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:41:18 AM

I heard for some people that this happen only in bitcoin there is no affect in atlcoin so i think i have to convert first my bitcoin invest to some altcoin and wait for what happen i the future after the augost 1 i hope that this can help to all of us bitcoin users good luck

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:58:07 AM

if i was going to spit ball, I would say you could possibly cut your SC and LBC holdings by 50%, and pick up one or two more alts, but that could hurt as much it would help you. Just the only suggestion i could think off. you have a much more balanced portfolio than me!

It will be maybe something like. The more we are close to this 1st August the more will be pressure to holder in some way. What to do? What to expect?

Some will say this or that, but point is that this will be single decision. Some will back down, other will transfers some amount like you mentioned on some alt that are stable will small chances of lost, other will go all or nothing. Time is ticking for decision.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:06:32 AM

I heard for some people that this happen only in bitcoin there is no affect in atlcoin so i think i have to convert first my bitcoin invest to some altcoin and wait for what happen i the future after the augost 1 i hope that this can help to all of us bitcoin users good luck
well for sure it will make a big impact to your alts too since alts relied with btc value but that's a quite good idea mate try to buy alts and wait till the btc value make some stable value back its really interesting if what will happen after aug 1.
Cuber Krypton

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:24:45 AM

If BIP 148 goes through, I suppose nothing matters and the market rallies.

If BIP 148 has only minority hash rate, we will get 2 coins. If the hashrate moves towards BIP 148, then it will orphan the Legacy Chain, there is only one chain and the market rallies.

If BIP 148 has minority hash rate and miners still won't move, then miners have no option but to Hard Fork the Legacy Chain to protect themselves. We will get 2 coins and exchanges will be safe to start trading them. The value of both coins will probably be inferior to that of 1 BTC. But I suspect in the short term, either one coin will come out way ahead and rally, or both will thrive. Who knows.

There is also the off chance that Segwit will be activated before, and I suspect if that happens, the Market will soar very fast.

The thing is, I think it will be very very hard to trade your coins as the events unfold and also very hard or costly to buy into a rally on uncertain circumstances. Therefore, my conclusion, I am buying what I can right now and keep it.

What I am keeping my eye out for is a steep decrease in price before August 1. I would heavily buy into that and hold them dumped coins through the troubled times.

Bear in mind I hold no Millions. So don't put your faith in what I say. All my worth in Bitcoins could be spent in a night out, so I have little to lose and much to gain. I can afford to be optimistic in all the scenarios.

kurniawaN

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 10:42:21 AM

I agree with most of people here
In fact we should not be worried too much
Bitcoin will remain strong

pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 10:47:39 AM

Yes, Positivity should be observe for this changes. this changes/upgrades are being made to ensure BTC will remain strong and competitive e-currency. Just sit tight and keep watching the event unfolds and before you know it, you can spend your coins again in a normal way under the new and improved system.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
EthBooksPro

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 12:01:08 PM

I try not to worry much about Bitcoin's fate after Aug 1st, and concentrate on growing my btc portfolio. I'm certain that bitcoin's explosive growth will continue.

ximply

Activity: 350
Merit: 170

I do crypto TRADING

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 01:40:49 PM

Is it really going to rise in the month of August 1st? If the time will rise, better buy when it comes down in July this end because it will be very profitable if in August august will rise.

you hit it right! there will be blood in the street before August 1 and for those who are investing they will see this as an opportunity to buy more while everyone is selling low. They need to see the reason why they are going to implement this, its because they want a faster processing of transactions so it is for a good thing.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:44:30 PM

If BIP 148 has only minority hash rate, we will get 2 coins. If the hashrate moves towards BIP 148, then it will orphan the Legacy Chain, there is only one chain and the market rallies.

If BIP 148 has minority hash rate and miners still won't move, then miners have no option but to Hard Fork the Legacy Chain to protect themselves. We will get 2 coins and exchanges will be safe to start trading them. The value of both coins will probably be inferior to that of 1 BTC. But I suspect in the short term, either one coin will come out way ahead and rally, or both will thrive. Who knows.

There is also the off chance that Segwit will be activated before, and I suspect if that happens, the Market will soar very fast.

The thing is, I think it will be very very hard to trade your coins as the events unfold and also very hard or costly to buy into a rally on uncertain circumstances. Therefore, my conclusion, I am buying what I can right now and keep it.

What I am keeping my eye out for is a steep decrease in price before August 1. I would heavily buy into that and hold them dumped coins through the troubled times.

Bear in mind I hold no Millions. So don't put your faith in what I say. All my worth in Bitcoins could be spent in a night out, so I have little to lose and much to gain. I can afford to be optimistic in all the scenarios.

There's also the problem of sending and receiving transactions during the time of uncertainty because you don't know what coins you are receiving or sending. The only way to guarantee you are doing the right thing is by running 2 full nodes, one with regular bitcoin core and other with UASF148 to control both coins. Oh and make sure to get out of any exchange that doesn't list both coins or they will scam you.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:45:04 PM

We are already in July and August 1 is coming...the day when Segwit would start signalling for all and what will happen after this date is something many fear of. Will there be a split and what will happen on the split?

I have already read some assurance that at the current rate things are doing, the possibility for a split is getting remote. Maybe the overarching interest of all stakeholders has already dawned to many.
I am not embarrassed to say that i am in that group of people that have fear of 1st of August. I do not know why actually, but i just have bad feeling about it. Fortunately i am not holder of high amount of bitcoins, so there is nothing much that i need to fear for, but bitcoin provide some luxury in my life that i would not like to be left without. But we will see when time comes.
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:47:37 PM

Yes, Positivity should be observe for this changes. this changes/upgrades are being made to ensure BTC will remain strong and competitive e-currency. Just sit tight and keep watching the event unfolds and before you know it, you can spend your coins again in a normal way under the new and improved system.

Yes. We should not be afraid and be should have a positive attitude towards Aug 1. If you are afraid than it will go down then its up to you. It may go down, but if you have stay and trusted bitcoin, you know that it has the capability to rebound from any price crash. And will soar high even more. So I guess we need to step aside our worries, but inside look at it at the bright side. Bitcoin will again survive all of this and we will see a good price once everything has settled.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
linyhan

Activity: 684

Early Funders Registration: monartis.com

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:54:05 PM

Now its your time to buy cheap bitcoin before the judgement day which is august 1. Bitcoin will gonna fly again to the moon,and this time no more turning back. This will be a long  long journey for bitcoin.

▀█████▄▀████▄▀███▄▀██▄▀█▄▀▄        NUPay        ▄▀▄█▀▄██▀▄███▀▄████▀▄█████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   A New Crypto-Payment Platform   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█      Telegram  ]      [   Medium   ]      [   ICO Page   ]      [  Facebook  ]      [ Instagram ]      █
Cuber Krypton

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:57:24 PM

There's also the problem of sending and receiving transactions during the time of uncertainty because you don't know what coins you are receiving or sending. The only way to guarantee you are doing the right thing is by running 2 full nodes, one with regular bitcoin core and other with UASF148 to control both coins. Oh and make sure to get out of any exchange that doesn't list both coins or they will scam you.

Correct. The idea is to stay put until all the forked chains show themselves and are safeguarded by hard forks. Until then, I will hold still, Buy if the price tanks, and get as much stake in every coin possible.

After hard forking, you can just try and trade one chain for another.
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 02:16:10 PM

I just wanted to buy more bitcoin, but the issue of bitcoin in August will make me hesitate, but after I consider it is not wrong to take the risk for greater profit. Even if the value is down, we only need to wait for the return of bitcoin.
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 02:41:53 PM

It seems August will be a good start of settled bitcoin transaction changes to fast flow and solve some other problem of bitcoin which is a very good news to each and everyone of us who are bitcoin enthusiast. I guess people expecting for high value due to segwit ao it rises up to the moon and once the coin meets that for sure mang holders will take advantage of that event then a chance fo buy some coins too becuase after selling stocks will rise so value will be low so we can avail coins in small price.

JUST BE WISE guys.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: