Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:30:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinMarketCap.com - Market Cap Rankings of All Cryptocurrencies!  (Read 639443 times)
hypostatization

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:50:18 AM

just go to CRYPTOmarketCAP.com
(btw I have nothing to do with that site, just don't like seeing people supporting known scams like ripple and nxt)

support a scam= you are a scam too

What is the scam?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/scam?s=t

It is just a different system, and those differences are made transparently clear. I see no one attempting to scam anyone. By all means, do not invest if you do not consider it a good investment!

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hypostatization

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:51:17 AM

Fact: hypostatization = Ripple shill.
-->
Question: Payed shill or stupid enough to promote scams for free?

What is the scam?

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
X68N

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:54:41 AM

How is it in any way distorted if that is the price people are willing to pay? Ripple has performed well, even prior to being re-listed. Check the charts.

Ok i will tell you. Smiley

CoinMarketCap.com is/was seen as a Benchmark which cryptocoin
gain in popularity (measured by mined coins * last price)

Now Ripple,Nxt,MasterCoin are added to the list which work like the direct opposite of Bitcoin .
They are centralised and "minted" = not mined.

So comparing a digital Currency which is minted vs. one which need time to be mined is
like cheating in a benchmark comparison, because the measurement is distorted.
Its like comparing the IQ of a kid with an developped adult.
(coin amount needs growing time vs. all coins aviable).

It is just biased.

The curiosity is, "biased" is used as argument against the people who point on the fact
the to types of currencies can not be compared on one page.

I hope i could explained the problem.

greetings

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:04:23 AM

CRYPTOmarketCap.com for a LEGIT market cap without the scamcoins.

The fact that CRYPTOmarketCap.com censors information doesn't make it to look legit.
hypostatization

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:05:09 AM

How is it in any way distorted if that is the price people are willing to pay? Ripple has performed well, even prior to being re-listed. Check the charts.

Now Ripple,Nxt,MasterCoin are added to the list which work like the direct opposite of Bitcoin .

So comparing a digital Currency which is minted vs. one which need time to be mined is

It is just biased.

The curiosity is, "biased" is used as argument against the people who point on the fact

greetings

It is not total supply alone that gives it the market cap value. Why is it cheating if people are willing to pay that price per individual coin?

Maybe you would like a metric other than market cap?

dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:10:05 AM

He could make a subpage for "Scam and Fraud Coins" or opt-in button on the main site to "Click here if you really want to view Scam and Fraud Coins".
NWO

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:11:11 AM

(btw I have nothing to do with that site, just don't like seeing people supporting known scams like ripple and nxt)

What is the scam?

It is just a different system, and those differences are made transparently clear. I see no one attempting to scam anyone. By all means, do not invest if you do not consider it a good investment!

Don't try to educate the uneducated. He is too far gone and doesn't understand innovation and more complex systems other than Bitcoin (if that). He is just a attention seeker throwing the work 'scam' around without even knowing its meaning.

I'm sure GOOGLE wouldn't be investing in Ripple if it was a scam. Let alone other high profile investments which are in the millions.

Bottom line: You can't save idiots.

Nxt on the other hand... I won't comment as I don't know enough about it.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:14:43 AM

Are people threatened by Ripple?

Short answer is absolutely.

I think most people that support Bitcoin today are still early adopters and my experience is that they were drawn to Bitcoin because a distaste for corporations, governments, and the fat cat elite. Bitcoin is the currency of no entity.

Nobody owns it so the market is ALL that drives its value, not marketers, the elite bankers, elite politicians, venture capitalists et cetera. I myself am really just interested in making money. Overthrowing of centralized, governed currencies is a side benefit.

However, currencies of any sort Bitcoin or Fiat are only valuable because a population all agrees they are. There is no fundamental reason that Ripple could not create a perceived value more than Bitcoin. It could happen overnight.

To the average investor the difference between Ripple and Bitcoin is meaningless technical or new-world-order drivel. To the Bitcoin advocate Ripple is evil and perpetuates the very problems Bitcoin is intended to resolve. The fact that old school Venture Capitalists are involved in Ripple is enough to send most Bitcoin fans running in disgust. Bitcoin is a chance to overthrow these entrenched financial gluttons. Ripple also reminds people of MLMs and pyramids, where a few elite create a system that will guarantee to benefit them and everyone else pays for the illusion they create. Most Alt coins fit in this bucket. Bitcoin in the community is immune from this stigma because the perception is that there was no financial elite that created it in the first place. Who knows if that is true or not.

I am an investor in BTC so i fear that there are hurdles on the horizon that BTC won't overcome. My fears are in this order: governments, alt coins, Bitcoin protocol limitations

I will probably buy some Ripple as a hedge against BTC because Ripple probably is much better suited to win out against all three of my concerns: can be completely regulated, is a digital currency, has traditional management support for dealing with future problems. I won't buy Ripple because I support it, I will buy it because I need to hedge my BTC investment. Crypto currency is the future no doubt about it.

If I can choose, i would want Bitcoin to win and centralized institutions to lose big (for now I include Ripple in this evil bucket). However, I am not sure that is how it is going to work out.  

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
NWO

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:15:42 AM

It is just biased.

greetings

It is only a tool. How you comprehend that tool is completely up to you. In your case, you would use the 24 hour volume filter.

Just because it is different to Bitcoin doesn't make it a scam. I'm glad we are moving away from copy/ paste coins. Bring on the innovation! Just remember, it isn't called bitcoinmarketcap.com it is for ALL crypto coins.

Let it be settled. I'm sick of people whinging.
NWO

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:17:54 AM

Google is an NSA front company. Great investor. Disguisting.

Have fun missing out on the next big thing.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ripple-labs-announces-3-5-130600163.html

I'm tired of arguing with puppets
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:17:58 AM

Gliss: You are scamming people who want to invest based on market caps. If some one wants to invest in the "second biggest coin", he is fooled by you to think its Ripple. But in reality its Litecoin.

How the hell is he scamming you?
You decide to buy a car and you since you go and see this graph:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template%3AWorld_motor_vehicle_production_by_manufacturer_in_2010

You buy a Hyundai instead of a Mercedes?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
X68N

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:18:21 AM

It is just biased.

greetings

It is not total supply alone that gives it the market cap value. Why is it cheating if people are willing to pay that price per individual coin?

Maybe you would like a metric other than market cap?

I know it, because i had written the mined coins multiplied the price = market cap.
I have make clear, i have no  problem that people purchase a price per individual coin.

Yes , the site has 2 options.

A. Every coins desing its own page. This has the advantage that even Lindendollar and Amazoncoins
   can be listed with Ripples,Next and Mastercoin. (all "minted" currecies together, but seperated from mined currecies like bitcoin)
B. the Listing should use other values than marketcap to display the succsess of a coin. (Volume for example, maybe combined with other    
indicators)

greetings

Google is an NSA front company. Great investor. Disguisting.

Have fun missing out on the next big thing.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ripple-labs-announces-3-5-130600163.html

I'm tired of arguing with puppets

Yeah seems legit, dehumanise your opponents.
This is like communists worked too.

HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 08:19:02 AM

XRPs can't be created out of the thin air, they are limited as Bitcoins.
So they aren't the same as fiat currencies as euro/dollars.

It's just like if Bitcoin were owned by a minority of people, ... ouch!

So the day that all Bitcoins were be mined, all other people that don't own them will call it a scam Smiley

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:19:44 AM

please remove ripple its a complete scam only a fool would fall for

So why remove it?
Only fools would fall for it? So those will fall nevertheless.

Do you have a clue what ripple is , anyway?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 08:20:27 AM

What is the scam?

Don't try to educate the uneducated. He is too far gone and doesn't understand innovation and more complex systems other than Bitcoin (if that). He is just a attention seeker throwing the work 'scam' around without even knowing its meaning.

I'm sure GOOGLE wouldn't be investing in Ripple if it was a scam. Let alone other high profile investments which are in the millions.

Bottom line: You can't save idiots.

Nxt on the other hand... I won't comment as I don't know enough about it.

I personally could not care less what Google is or isn't investing in , if Google makes bad decisions then that reflects on them in the medium to long term , Google is not bigger than the free market.

Google is a corporation that leveraged open systems; as soon as they move from this principle they become just another useless corporation dragging on the rest of humanity.

I dont think they are there yet , but support for something as dubious as Ripple is a good indicator,  especially when there are so many other options .

So full steam ahead I say , I love this free market chaos .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:23:13 AM

It is just biased.

greetings

The same way some coins like Quark or other coins cheated Bitcoin by mining almost all of their coin supply in 1 year while Bitcoin will take another 130.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
maryvale

Activity: 254

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:24:51 AM

why Earthcoin is not there in the list? I thought it pretty big.
X68N

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:34:10 AM

The same way some coins like Quark or other coins cheated Bitcoin by mining almost all of their coin supply in 1 year while Bitcoin will take another 130.

I think you cant compare 1 Year mining (31,536,000 seconds )  vs 1 sec minting.
Also on the coins after Bitcoin there is always a good value spread over humanity.
And last but not least Quark is not centralised.

Like i said copying the Federal Reserve is not an art.
But sadly a lot of people are submissive believers of the authorities.(because of diffuse fear)
So that is no wonder that people fall into XRP,NXT,MST beacause of their educated pavlovian conditioning in their childhood.

Bitcoins has the goal to give the people back the power over their money which the central banks stealed in the last century.
XRP,NXT,MST try to fight against it with a digital copy of the censtralistic money system.

ElDido

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 08:54:29 AM

So the day that all Bitcoins were be mined, all other people that don't own them will call it a scam Smiley

A lot of people already call Bitcoin a scam...
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 09:07:02 AM

Who says XRP cannot be created out of thin air, they were created by fiat to begin with, there is a central entity Ripple Labs that created them and keeps some for their own purposes. You are a bit naive to put this on par with the Bitcoins limits.

Can Bitcoins ever expand its limits, yes, but it would require global decentralized adoption, very different than what Ripple may or may not do in the future.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: