Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:36:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinMarketCap.com - Market Cap Rankings of All Cryptocurrencies!  (Read 639443 times)
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 06:41:50 AM

Don't support this scam site. Gliss is connected to Ripple, NXT and MasterCoin scammers.

From a newbie account this statement is especially trustworthy...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 06:42:57 AM

Gliss: You are scamming people who want to invest based on market caps. If some one wants to invest in the "second biggest coin", he is fooled by you to think its Ripple. But in reality its Litecoin.

Man, how many accounts do u have? I already added ~10 ur suckpuppets into ignore list...
antonioffaxii

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 06:44:01 AM

Gliss: You are scamming people who want to invest based on market caps. If some one wants to invest in the "second biggest coin", he is fooled by you to think its Ripple. But in reality its Litecoin.

People should be researching before investing. Not basing their entire decision off one website.

This a good tool to use as part of that research.

Gliss isn't scamming anyone. He is just trying to be unbias in a divided community.
hypostatization

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 06:58:02 AM

Glad to see Ripple back.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
stas

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:10:41 AM

Added LottoCoin and Catcoin.

Don't support this scam site. Gliss is connected to Ripple, NXT and MasterCoin scammers.

I've already explained my position here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199685.msg4153544#msg4153544

Aside from the first 8 coins that the site launched with, every other coin has been added because of requests by the community.  If you have nothing constructive to say please don't post here and clutter up the thread.

good.
thanks.

TruckStyling

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:12:59 AM

Man, how many accounts do u have? I already added ~10 ur suckpuppets into ignore list...
You are the most ignored account on this board, I just looked you up. Think about it ...
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:16:54 AM

You are the most ignored account on this board, I just looked you up. Think about it ...

I know. Coz I troll trolls and when they can't counteract my arguments they just hit [Ignore] button. Think about it...
dfox101

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:22:24 AM

Added LottoCoin and Catcoin.

I've already explained my position here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199685.msg4153544#msg4153544

Aside from the first 8 coins that the site launched with, every other coin has been added because of requests by the community.  If you have nothing constructive to say please don't post here and clutter up the thread.

Add Earthcoin?
tobobit

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:23:36 AM

its ok. There's alternative to this site that doesn't list scamcoins like nxt and ripple

cryptomarketcap.com

gliss just made opportunity for competition. competition is good for the long term.  I just feel sorry for the noobs that fall for the scam coins.
X68N

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:26:58 AM

@ Gliss

Your site is/was seen as a Benchmark which cryptocoin
gain in popularity (measured by mined coins * last price)

Now you added Ripple,Nxt,MasterCoin to the list which work like the direct opposite of Bitcoin .
They are centralised and "minted" = not mined.

So comparing a digital Currency which is minted vs. one which need time to be mined is
like cheating in a benchmark comparison, because the measurement is distorted.
Its like comparing the IQ of a kid with an developped adult.
(coin amount needs growing time vs. all coins aviable).
It is just biased.

The curiosity is, "biased" is used as argument against the people who point on the fact
the to types of currencies can not be compared on one page.

I hope i could explained the problem.

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:29:47 AM

Please add some additional indicators:

1. Some type of bitcoin correlation. I want to see what coins are the LEAST tied to BTC prices. If i want to hedge against Bitcoin what would I choose.
2. Some type of momentum indicator. I would imagine market cap, total coins, and volume would be involved in the calculation. Then factor in a bonus for last two weeks performance. Out of sheer size and actual use, I would expect BTC to be at the top of this list until a true competitor starts to emerge. But this indicator would tell me what Coins are actually developing their own market and not just being used as entries into Bitcoin.

The one thing that is lost in your website and I think can be incredibly misleading to investors is the actual liquidity of each coin. For example, many crypto currency owners have more than $100k fiat in crypto. If you choose a low volume coin to invest in, then your single purchase can represent half or more of total volume for those currencies, which is a risk.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
hypostatization

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:35:52 AM

@ Gliss

gain in popularity (measured but mined coins * last price)

Now you added Ripple,Nxt,MasterCoin to the list which work like the direct opposite of Bitcoin .

So comparing a digital Currency which is minted vs. one which need time to be mined is
like cheating in a benchmark comparison, because the measurement is distorted=biased.
It is just biased.

The curiosity is, "biased" is used as argument against the people who point on the fact

Value comes from what people are willing to pay for each coin. Investors have varied opinions on what will succeed, and what constitutes strong fundamentals.

Competing currencies with diverse fundamentals is a good thing. It drives innovation. Let the markets sort it out.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
DieJohnny
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:37:06 AM

Aside from the first 8 coins that the site launched with, every other coin has been added because of requests by the community.  If you have nothing constructive to say please don't post here and clutter up the thread.

Your position is sound, however, your implementation of your website does not address any of the concerns about these alternative coins. You could very easily provide a category column, or status column with a link to explain the values in the category or status. Or maybe simply a new metric, "Coins left to mine".  

An even better option is that due to the popularity of your site you can be the one that creates the vocabulary that differentiates between currencies. Sure there would be arguing about the vocabulary but the world needs a way to differentiate between these coins.

Without these additional bits of information to differentiate coins like NXT and Ripple, you have a large risk of losing the support of the community at large and a newer page with more information can take over rather quickly.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
DieJohnny
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:40:49 AM

Value comes from what people are willing to pay for each coin. Investors have varied opinions on what will succeed, and what constitutes strong fundamentals.

Competing currencies with diverse fundamentals is a good thing. It drives innovation. Let the markets sort it out.

Value is a funny thing, what has or doesn't have value can be swayed by marketing, a powerful broadcaster, or the positioning of a coin on a website.

How truly valuable are coins that have billions owned, but only a few hundred thousand dollars traded each day. Is the coin really that valuable, or are all the "coin holders" just waiting until there are enough "believers" that they can have a nice pay day.

hypostatization

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:41:26 AM

It is an innovative system that offers something fundamentally different than Bitcoin and most Alt Coins.

tobobit

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:43:19 AM

Your position is sound, however, your implementation of your website does not address any of the concerns about these alternative coins. You could very easily provide a category column, or status column with a link to explain the values in the category or status. Or maybe simply a new metric, "Coins left to mine".  

An even better option is that due to the popularity of your site you can be the one that creates the vocabulary that differentiates between currencies. Sure there would be arguing about the vocabulary but the world needs a way to differentiate between these coins.

Without these additional bits of information to differentiate coins like NXT and Ripple, you have a large risk of losing the support of the community at large and a newer page with more information can take over rather quickly.
too late. he is already losing support of the community and gaining the support of shills for scamcoins.

site reputation is already called into question and damaged.

CRYPTOmarketCap.com for a LEGIT market cap without the scamcoins.
X68N

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:43:26 AM

@ Gliss

like cheating in a benchmark comparison, because the measurement is distorted=biased.
It is just biased.

Hello,

your comment seems not to address anything i mentioned.
I have no problem with competition.
The point is the the distorted listing which is caused by the 2 different designs of cryptocurrencies.

It is an innovative system that offers something fundamentally different than Bitcoin and most Alt Coins.

Yeah, bring the Federal Reserve to the internet. wow, well done copycat.

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732
hypostatization

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:45:20 AM

Value is a funny thing, what has or doesn't have value can be swayed by marketing, a powerful broadcaster, or the positioning of a coin on a website.

Agreed. Consider DOGE. Let the markets sort it out.

How truly valuable are coins that have billions owned, but only a few hundred thousand dollars traded each day. Is the coin really that valuable, or are all the "coin holders" just waiting until there are enough "believers" that they can have a nice pay day.

I have heard the same thing regarding Bitcoin, countless times, and still today hear the same basic shape of that argument from people outside the Bitcoin community.

If people do not believe the coin is that valuable, then they do not have to invest in it.

Are people threatened by Ripple?

tobobit

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:46:00 AM

@ Gliss

It is just biased.

Hello,

The point is the the distorted listing which is caused by the 2 different designs of cryptocurrencies.

just go to CRYPTOmarketCAP.com
(btw I have nothing to do with that site, just don't like seeing people supporting known scams like ripple and nxt)

support a scam= you are a scam too
hypostatization

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:48:44 AM

@ Gliss

It is just biased.

Hello,

Yeah, bring the Federal Reserve to the internet. wow, well done copycat.

How is it in any way distorted if that is the price people are willing to pay? Ripple has performed well, even prior to being re-listed. Check the charts.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: