Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 12:15:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Any word on amd vega hash rates?  (Read 202667 times)
pigfrown

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:21:55 AM

I heard some talk about 70-100Mh/s aswell, at about 200watts this seems great. But price needs to be around 600$ or under for it to be efficent.

Yepp, you seem rarely misinformed to be a miner.

I don't care where the mining power comes from, most hash per watt wins for me and if VEGA is it i am going for it.

With crypto specific instructions VEGA is partially built to mine, these instructions is only activated in the drivers that the reviewer have right now and are packaged on cd in the VEGA retail boxes.

With the new extreme cache structure, crypto specific instructions and HBM2 a massive increase is possible.

As for power, there should be no problem undervolting gpu and overclock memory, also bet you that the gpu will draw less power using the crypto specific instructions.

AMD is not stupid, they put the crypto instructions in there to make money, if they can't beat nVidia in the gaming market they are going after the mining market and gaming will come second, as simple as that, it's all about the money.

Tell you what i know, if VEGA performs you will definitely be in line with the rest of us buying VEGA Smiley or else u better you stop mining.

AFAIK the new instruction in VEGA is for SHA256 hashes... not useful for Ethereum hashing anyway.

(http://developer.amd.com/wordpress/media/2013/12/Vega_Shader_ISA_28July2017.pdf)

Would happily be proven wrong though.

Bitrated user: pigfrown.
NameTaken

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 12:23:30 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6t7hui/vega64_liquid_edition_nowhere_near_100mhs/
jsanzsp

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:10:01 PM

Vega 64...... 37mhs  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rRFlqcP1x8

Where are the 70 advertised? Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
mattlef

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:19:41 PM

Vega 64...... 37mhs  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rRFlqcP1x8

Where are the 70 advertised? Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Check date and drivers -
Dude is using 17.1.1 (old drivers) and is using FE.

Nice troll tho.
osb40000

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:38:16 PM

I heard some talk about 70-100Mh/s aswell, at about 200watts this seems great. But price needs to be around 600$ or under for it to be efficent.

I don't care where the mining power comes from, most hash per watt wins for me and if VEGA is it i am going for it.

With crypto specific instructions VEGA is partially built to mine, these instructions is only activated in the drivers that the reviewer have right now and are packaged on cd in the VEGA retail boxes.

With the new extreme cache structure, crypto specific instructions and HBM2 a massive increase is possible.

As for power, there should be no problem undervolting gpu and overclock memory, also bet you that the gpu will draw less power using the crypto specific instructions.

AMD is not stupid, they put the crypto instructions in there to make money, if they can't beat nVidia in the gaming market they are going after the mining market and gaming will come second, as simple as that, it's all about the money.

Tell you what i know, if VEGA performs you will definitely be in line with the rest of us buying VEGA Smiley or else u better you stop mining.

Vega's HMB is already overclocked to the max from the factory due to it massively under performing it's spec'd target speeds. I'd be surprised if you can squeeze 5% more out of memory. Your entire post reeks of AMD fanboism. I've own a good 50 AMD cards and dozens of NVIDIA cards over the years. I have no dog in the fight other than I want efficiency and reliability. Vega needs to pull a minimum of 50MH/s in ETH for it to be remotely worth it and I'll be entirely surprised if it comes close at a reasonable rate of power consumption.
jedigeiss

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 06:01:03 PM

Well iam really looking forward to get my hands on one of these and see what it can do
Zistmine

Activity: 234

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 06:20:21 PM

AFAIK the new instruction in VEGA is for SHA256 hashes... not useful for Ethereum hashing anyway.

(http://developer.amd.com/wordpress/media/2013/12/Vega_Shader_ISA_28July2017.pdf)

Would happily be proven wrong though.

If it has ZEC specific instructions, then I might buy one.
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 06:25:45 PM

First tests and benchmark were available for the Vega yesterday. In the gaming area the card was in the middle between the 1080 and 1080 ti and at a price of 599 USD I don't think that is appealing, for 700 you can get the 1080 ti nowadays. We have to see it in action in mining if the HWB2 type of memory can make any difference. I am curious too to see a few videos or at least a few pics of this card(legit version and not chinese copies) running in mining softwares.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
Ryuh

Activity: 282
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:58:01 PM

I'm personally on hold, have a chance to buy 1060/6gb at 270$ but ill wait to see what is Vega about.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 08:03:39 PM

V(aporware)EGA

Mine now with the 10[78]0* while everyone waits for vega

~LOL~

SCSI2

Activity: 206

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:26:14 PM

I just hope Nvidia clan will be stupid enough to lower their prices because of this "Back-to-school with Vega" event.
MA3A

Activity: 241

To Hash or not to Hash, that's what the question

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 10:56:11 PM

just went to our local pc parts store to see if they have any information or cards, they do have cards.

ASUS ROG RX580 8GB OC - $299

2 CARDS - 299$ EACH
3+ CARDS 10,000$ EACH (!)

This is no joke. Seems like they provoking fight between gamers and miners. will try to post a pic, need to upload it somewhere...

https://www.facebook.com/Qubex-Denver-Data-Recovery-473541326020759/ - accepting coins as payment
www.qubexdatarecovery.info Professional data recovery service for PHYSICALLY DAMAGED (broken) DEVICES: RAID0/RAID5/HYBRID RAID/SSD/HDD/FLASH DRIVE/CELLPHONE/, ALL OS, up to LEVEL 4, ISO-10 Clean room/ISO-100 hoods, Pro tools and know-how.
Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 10:58:45 PM

just went to our local pc parts store to see if they have any information or cards, they do have cards.

ASUS ROG RX580 8GB OC - $299

2 CARDS - 299$ EACH
3+ CARDS 10,000$ EACH (!)

This is no joke. Seems like they provoking fight between gamers and miners. will try to post a pic, need to upload it somewhere...

Just ask some friend to go shop for you ... Buy 2 per 2

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Haldor

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 12:46:13 AM

AMD Chief Executive Lisa Su said on her company’s earnings call last month :
“But it’s important to say we didn’t have cryptocurrency in our forecast, and we’re not looking at it as a long-term growth driver.”

Hmm Smiley

Subw

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:01:36 AM

“But it’s important to say we didn’t have cryptocurrency in our forecast, and we’re not looking at it as a long-term growth driver.”

Hmm Smiley

That is clearly a strategic mistake. Bye bye AMD
SCSI2

Activity: 206

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:46:08 AM

I'm sure Vega has a lot to offer. Got me five more 1080ti on the way...
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:05:52 AM

V(aporware)EGA

Mine now with the 10[78]0* while everyone waits for vega

~LOL~

VEGA will slaughtering all nvidia overpriced card, with dracarys breath of fire, huahahaha

i think your card will be sell on ebay.... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin,

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 12:19:33 PM

Hmm Smiley

Hum AMD dont take the good path ... Nvidia speak about mining and say mining will STAY
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang said, “Cryptocurrency and blockchain are here to stay. Over time, it will become quite large. It is very clear that new currencies will come to market. It’s clear the GPU is fantastic at cryptography. The GPU is really quite well positioned. This is a market that is not likely to go away soon. Our strategy is to stay close to the market and offer miners a coin-mining SKU, optimized for mining.”

Future will predict who is right, and BTC is future ...
Expect nothing from AMD, they need to change position first, nvidia is the new god.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-price-and-moores-law-2017-8?r=UK&IR=T

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:24:29 PM

First tests and benchmark were available for the Vega yesterday. In the gaming area the card was in the middle between the 1080 and 1080 ti and at a price of 599 USD I don't think that is appealing, for 700 you can get the 1080 ti nowadays. We have to see it in action in mining if the HWB2 type of memory can make any difference. I am curious too to see a few videos or at least a few pics of this card(legit version and not chinese copies) running in mining softwares.

VEGA 56 widely reported to have a 399 price point, Vega 64 air cooled 499.

As I recall the WATER cooled Vega 64 is 599, but water-cooled cards are ALWAYS more expen$$$ive.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:26:01 PM

Hmm Smiley

I strongly suspect they are being realistic about it.
 The massive surge in mining the last 4 months is NOT sustainable unless major altcoins like ETH start climbing hard on pricing again.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: