Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:51:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization  (Read 101100 times)
DaemonSK

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:21:17 AM

its been 12 days now since i started using winminer, despite the small issues that occur from time to time it mostly gets resolved fast
but right now i'm facing something have been mentioned here few times which is the update times , the older the account gets the more the updates is delayed on my balance, its been over 2 hours now and my balance is stuck on what it was, i was hoping if it could be more live and more frequent, it honestly freaks me out sometimes

I've been running it since the first post and I do not see this issue - wonder if this is something on their database side for you - have you emailed the support team yet?

Not trying to say it's not an issue, just giving a bit of confidence that I'm not seeing that.

i understand that maybe its happening to few ( i'm one of them ) , not everyone, but this might make it more clear of what i meant

http://imgur.com/a/y8paf

it got updated by the time i'm posting now its 5:18 , so you understand the delay , it simply freaks me out sometimes, when i run it for like half an hour and its still the same sometimes more sometimes less so i was hoping it gets resolved and i will send the images to the support team and see what they will do about it <3

its great application with so much potentials , its still counted as a new program in the world of mining yet its a lot better than the most used programs i ever tried, so i'm only trying to make it even better
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Calrornds

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:59:35 AM

Hi:

Any idea why one of my rigs is mining EXP (not dual)?, exact same cards as in the other one which is mining KRB... I would like both of them mining EXP (or ETH or MUSIC or whatever) + DCR, I accept one mining KRB but why only EXP?.

How it works?. I'm losing $0.50/day versus KBR, and more vs dual mining.

Smiley
commenkiz

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:24:36 AM

i cant see my balance , help ?

but i can i see my balance on web, but not on the program
_Dejan_

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:00:39 PM

I test your WinMiner apllication around 2 weeks... I like active developement on your product and support... But it need some improvement in few things...
1.) REQUEST: Profitability switching isn't good enought. For example if I mine single coin(XMR) all day I earn around 20-70% more $ per day compared to automatic option... Coin swithcing is done to fast and this lead to losing money, because miner start mining and then switch to other coin... There must be done some application options like:
-General coin option(For all coins) to set periodic benchmarking. For example checkbox for automatic(your logic) or custom(user can configure timeout in minutes/hours). For me 1x per day is enought.
-General coin option(For all coins) to set periodic profitability check(Check which coin profit is best). For example checkbox for automatic(your logic) or custom(user can configure timeout in minutes/hours). For me 1x per 2/4 hours is enought.
-General coin option(For all coins) to set profitability current/average of coin. For example checkbox for current(check which coin is curently best profitable by price, difficulty...) or average. On average must be two options automatic(your logic) or custom(user can configure hours/days which are used to calculate average of coin profitability).
-General coin option(For all coins) to set minimum difference in coin price beetwen old mining coin and new minning coin to switchower. For example checkbox for automatic(your logic) or custom(user can configure earning price difference in currency which have selected in settings  example 1.50 USD).
2.) BUG: I see that service WinMiner_Service stop sometime(version 1.74x maybe this is fixed in 1.75 it is to soon to tell)... Maybe add some watchdog to check if service is running and start/restart it if not running but must running...
3.) REQUEST: Option to disable automatic update
4.) REQUEST: Settings for EACH coin miner intensity settings. For example checkbox for automatic(your logic) or custom(user set for XMR Intensity=18 all other are auto)
5.) BUG: WinMiner update, kill WinMiner but leave icon in tray. You need to clean them else there are a lot of WinMiner icons...
6.) BUG: Live statistic usualy need refresh on first open to show data of miners.
7.) Add some other coins like FTC, SIB ...
8.) BUG: When I have enabled mining oly XMR coin sometime I receive message that there is no job from server...
9.) BUG: Live statistic - Removing Miner do not work. It show "Please wait" and then is remove button back. Logout/Login do not help.
10.) BUG Whe exit application(Tray icon is also removed) Service still running.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review and test WinMiner and to send us such a detailed and well thought list of issues, requests and ideas.

We take great joy when something we create is being so warmly embraced and even more so receiving great feedback, the warm words of support, but no less, the wise advises, ideas, bugs to be fixed – you guys are our rock stars!

(1) Profitability ideas:
      - We continue working on the switching mechanism in an effort to optimise its performance.
      - We know there is still room for performance optimization - but 70% difference in performance sounds more like a bug - please send us logs so we can take a look
      - Your ideas are great and we surely explore them further in our continuous effort for max profits.
(2) Watchdog
      - WinMiner_service is a watchdog  Smiley
(3) Auto update
      - We might add an option to disable auto update BUT even then some updates will have to be automatic and mandatory - e.g. when client-server protocol changes mining will not be possible without an update..
(4) Intensity settings per each miner
      - That would be cool. This would probably take the form of adding an additional command line for each miner/algo. The thing is that at the moment the command line for each miner may take a totally different form which is not convenient.. We are thinking on how to solve this in the best way. Stay tuned..
(5) Cleaning WinMiner icons in tray
      - Dev team is looking into this. Thanks for reporting.
(6) Live dashboard, required refresh
      - Work on getting this page to perform as we want it to is still in progress...sorry for the inconvenience...we will get it right  Smiley  In the meantime you may want to wait a bit before refreshing, sometimes it takes a few seconds for the data to flow..
(7) Additional coins
      - We are adding coins all the time and we have noted your request for FTC and SIB. Keep in mind that due to the one click nature of WinMiner adding a coin means apart from the right miner, the right configuration etc. also the entire food chain that follows including the exchange handling etc. but hey, we never complain about hard work  Smiley  
(8 ) No job on server for XMR
      - Please send logs (and make sure "enable debug log" option is checked) so we can nail this down.
(9) Live dashboard – removing miner does not work
      - Noted. Thanks for reporting. On dev team to do list..
(10) Exit – yet service is still running
      - This is not a bug, it is the watchdog which is a Windows service aimed at bringing the main WinMiner app to life if for any reason it crashes or is unresponsive for any reason. It should not be taking up any resources, and being in the background waiting for the moment WinMiner is launched means the best possible watchdog performance.

Great points! Great effort! keep on sending!

Thanks for reply.
1.) Usualy is 20-30% difference if I mine one coin but I had also spike which has been around 70% more than minimum but this can also be coin dificulty, value issues...
3.) I understand that if you change something in service that client must be updated so maybe client bugfix updates you make option to disable autoupdate but minor(something in server is changed) you force it like Microsoft do on Windows Smiley Smiley Smiley
4.) Intensity for GPU and cores for CPU will be good option, because somtime we would like mining with CPU but only for example with 6 cores of total 8 cores...
8.) Today happen again on two computers and Im send you logs. After Stop/Start service in WinMiner it start mining... Im send 4 report 2 from one pc and 2 from another. One report from each pc is before stop/start procedure and another after stop/start procedure...

Thanks for all your work on software and help...

Q2C: GfFqmNJmoXi4TGvXugRGrHL9yiN4NBwhvX
4ward

Activity: 473
Merit: 18

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:42:53 PM

Do you plan to expose the list of pools to allow mining without the application?

This will allow more people to mine who don't necessary want to use winminer app, use use custom configurations/miners, or mine with nicehash

Calrornds

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:48:30 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2017, 11:49:08 PM by Calrornds

Do you plan to expose the list of pools to allow mining without the application?

This will allow more people to mine who don't necessary want to use winminer app, use use custom configurations/miners, or mine with nicehash

It seems like a good idea.

_Dejan_

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:58:56 PM

look like pools are offline few hours...

Q2C: GfFqmNJmoXi4TGvXugRGrHL9yiN4NBwhvX
TeamWinMiner (OP)

Activity: 423
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:40:17 PM

I would love other payment methods like litecoin, zcash or dash.
Simply because BTC is awfully slow and for ETH most of the exchanges requires that you have 0.1 or 0.2 in your account before it's credited to your account which makes it less compelling.
I can use a local wallet for ETH but I can't trade it right away for other altcoins on exchanges because of the 0.1/0.2 limitation on most.
Fair point - We are planning to add an additional coin as a payment option.
We are open to your suggestions/requests on which coin to add  Smiley
Litecoin? other coin?
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:46:23 PM

I'm having an issue with the winminer live not showing a rig.  Its showing 2 of 3.  Anyone else having this problem?
Thank you for sending this.
Our team is continuously working on the issues reported with the online dashboard, so it would be helpful to know if you are still experiencing a problem or has it been resolved by now.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:10:54 PM

Also when changing algorythm more than once per hour I think is hurting revenue. If you change algorythm you get at least 30s dowtime, do this 6 times per hour and you have 5% downtime. And also I don't know if it is good for the hardware to fluctuate so much in temperature...
Here is a quick reminder on the optimization logic -
Benchmarking is being performed once every 24hrs for all coins
Price monitoring is performed continuously so WinMiner can react to sudden price and difficulty changes right away.
Fine tuning the threshold for performance difference which justifies an algo switch (and the associated switch time) is something we are striving to optimize  Smiley
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:40:44 PM

its been 12 days now since i started using winminer, despite the small issues that occur from time to time it mostly gets resolved fast
but right now i'm facing something have been mentioned here few times which is the update times , the older the account gets the more the updates is delayed on my balance, its been over 2 hours now and my balance is stuck on what it was, i was hoping if it could be more live and more frequent, it honestly freaks me out sometimes
We understand your concern, we are working on making the balance update as frequently as we possibly can.

Work done by the miners is being recorded on the WinMiner database as it happens. The processing of this data, the outcome of which is the individual balance metrics, is a heavy process that is now being performed once every hour. This is a typical "growing up pain" that we are working to improve.

Thanks for understanding and for your patience.  Smiley

TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:43:11 PM

Hey TeamWinMiner!
Love the software.  Have a request:
I am used to using a website called NHTracker to track my nicehash'ing.  This website allows you to watch the USD/day from the website, of course, but also from the tab title itself.  I'm usually on other websites doing other things and glance up at the tab to watch the USD move up and down for my rig.
Right now, the "live" view just shows "Winminer - Live" for the tab title.  Could we add a live USD number to that as well?
Thanks!  Keep up the good work!
Coming up really soon  Smiley

Thanks for your support!
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:50:46 PM

Hi:
Any idea why one of my rigs is mining EXP (not dual)?, exact same cards as in the other one which is mining KRB... I would like both of them mining EXP (or ETH or MUSIC or whatever) + DCR, I accept one mining KRB but why only EXP?.
How it works?. I'm losing $0.50/day versus KBR, and more vs dual mining.
 Smiley
There could be a couple of reasons for such a situation - hardware differences (e.g. even GPUs of the same model probably differ on their ASIC quality), OS and drivers differences (no two installations are the same) computer state during the benchmarking could be different, and more.. its really hard to say without thoroughly examining the case.

If you would like to overwrite the WinMiner optimization logic you can simply force WinMiner to mine the coins you want it to - so in your case you can simply choose only KRB if you so wish, though this is not recommended as coins attractiveness and availability for mining changes rapidly (e.g. SIGT block size halved and will soon cease being POW, DMD in 10 days will cease to be POW, etc..)
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:57:38 PM

i cant see my balance , help ?
but i can i see my balance on web, but not on the program
For privacy reasons, the balance is shown on the WinMiner window only after you enter your password.
Please enter password and let us know if you encounter any issues.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:29:50 PM

8.) Today happen again on two computers and Im send you logs. After Stop/Start service in WinMiner it start mining... Im send 4 report 2 from one pc and 2 from another. One report from each pc is before stop/start procedure and another after stop/start procedure...
Thanks for all your work on software and help...
Thanks for sending the logs.

It seems you are using virtual machines for the mining. This is really not recommended.
When the WinMiner software does not find shares for some time it restarts the miner, if this persists, the system identifies the miner as bad and ceases to use this miner. Using a virtual machine significantly increases the likelihood of such a scenario due to the weaker performance of the VM. 

Performance from a host machine will be better than the performance of the VM running on it.
Surgut2006

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:35:29 PM

I would love other payment methods like litecoin, zcash or dash.
Simply because BTC is awfully slow and for ETH most of the exchanges requires that you have 0.1 or 0.2 in your account before it's credited to your account which makes it less compelling.
I can use a local wallet for ETH but I can't trade it right away for other altcoins on exchanges because of the 0.1/0.2 limitation on most.
Fair point - We are planning to add an additional coin as a payment option.
We are open to your suggestions/requests on which coin to add  Smiley
Litecoin? other coin?

I suggest adding output to USDT
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:48:39 PM

It seems like a good idea.
Indeed a very good idea  Smiley
It is part of the WinMiner master plan, though this is not on the short term list...
kcopcu

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:17:15 PM

Are u think to develop Mac version ?
kcopcu

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:44:11 PM

BTW i'm installed on my Windows comp. Awesome product
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:56:23 PM

v1.76a is out to users who opted in to testing experimental versions -

We promised XMR-stak for CPU

2. XMR- STAK-CPU - its in production. Stay tuned  Smiley

and now its here... - we are waiting for your feedback Smiley

Many thanks to -

You need to add more miners and newer ones.

Xmr-stack-cpu is faster than Claymore.

From other hand I would like to ask to know is there have any possibility to use XMR-STAK-CPU instead of claymore. As I discovered stack-cpu gathering more profits in my environment and most of AV applications does not make it problem. But they does claymore. Even today you can not download claymore over chrome and/or over google drive.
….
Thanks for faster responses..
4) Wants to run CPU and GPU miner(s) at the same time for XMR. I've configured the app on winminer's setting > Coin Section.But just GPU minner is running not CPU..
Error Report has been send.For details please see below..
...I am running the latest version, Windows 10, two dual-xeon boxes, CPU only, mining XMR...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: