Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:57:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization  (Read 101100 times)
TeamWinMiner (OP)

Activity: 423
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:04:28 PM

I just made a withdraw of 50$
Amount: 50$ = 0.1249452 ETH   (NOT really,  0.1249452 - 47.7 USD at the time of withdraw), 1 ETH was 382.05 USD, you used 1 ETH -> 400 USD exchange rate
WinMiner fees: 0.00374835 ETH
Transaction fees: 0.0005 ETH
Total: 0.12069685 ETH    (46.16 USD)
So i lost 8% in fees
8% is just to mutch...
And i cant believe that exchange,and transfer fees are 5%....

WinMiner base currency is USD. That means that your balance (in USD) is guaranteed and protected from coins fluctuations. To do so, WinMiner exchanges coins mined into USD.

When a user wants to withdraw, we take the balance (in USD) and carry out the user withdrawal order, whether a PayPal transfer (in USD) or BTC or ETH (in which case we purchase the coins for the user and make the transfer).

When buying ETH or BTC using USD a fee is imposed by the exchange, usually in the form of an exchange rate. In your case the exchange rate was ~400USD for ETH by the exchange.

Deducing our fees (3% = 1.5USD) and the ETH transfer fees (~0.2USD - you can verify that looking at the block explorer for your ETH transfer) from 50USD brings your net to ~48.3USD.

~48.30USD would buy you 0.12069685 ETH at the exchange and this is the amount we transferred to you.

Hope this clarifies.

BTW, at the request of our users we are working on adding a feature that will allow users to choose their own base currency - that way a user that wants to be exposed to the volatility of a certain coin and would want to withdraw in that coin could keep his balance in that coin and avoid exchange costs.  Smiley
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:17:29 PM

hi guys.
Do you have any plans on adding integrated GPUs to your app's supported list.
I have a laptop with Intel HD Graphics 520 on idle most of the time and this isnt detected as a GPU. Although other miners do see it as one.
Winminer currently detects it as a MS Basic Render Driver.
Thanks
Svyatk0
Just curious - with the other miners, is it actually profitable? I know it's low power, but....
TBH I wouldn't call it profitable :-) if any at all. BUT, since the machine is on all the time anyway and does little most of the time it, it definitely doesn't hurt making it do something. this probably makes more than interest from your savings account. thats unless you have thousands on it :-)
Thats how i see it anyway, i might be totally wrong though
Integrated GPUs are widely considered not worthwhile for mining on different levels.
Perhaps that would change with new mining algos at which stage we will be happy to take another look  Smiley
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:26:50 PM

What about mixed cards bug ?
I have 1 rig with 3 1080 ti and 3 1060, and some cards are mixed in the live page.
On the live page i get 710 sol/s with 1060 and 285 with 1080 ti.

Sorry for that - This issue arises from the lack of standardization in the method of numbering GPUs.
Different miners use different numbering methodology....Nevertheless we are working to fix that.

You should note, though, that the reported metrics are correct, even though they may be switched between the GPUs.
mystere_miner

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:24:19 AM

Interesting   Smiley
Here are a couple of questions for you, so we can get the best results for you and for all WinMiner users:
(1) Why do you prefer tpruvot  to krnlx - (performace wise they are about the same) - is there other reason we should be aware of?
(2) When using tpruvot  what intensity and/or other command line improvements do you use?
(3) Do you use afterburner or similar tools?
(4) Which brand and specific model is your 1080ti?
1) I get 55MH/s with my 1080Ti's with ccminer-tpruvot 2.2, I get 50MH/s with krnlx.
2) Typically just setting max intensity.
3) I use Afterburner to control fans, but not really for overclocking.
4) I have EVGA cards, some SC2's and some FTW3's.

Thanks for the info - it is very helpful.

We have released a second performance boost to Skunk (SIGT) for high end cards - will be happy to hear if you are now getting the performance you were looking for  Smiley

Well, no longer an issue, since the signatum halving.  We'll probably never mine it again.
Phantoms001

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:35:30 AM

Amount: 50$ = 0.1249452 ETH   (NOT really,  0.1249452 - 47.7 USD at the time of withdraw), 1 ETH was 382.05 USD, you used 1 ETH -> 400 USD exchange rate
So i lost 8% in fees
8% is just to mutch...

WinMiner base currency is USD. That means that your balance (in USD) is guaranteed and protected from coins fluctuations. To do so, WinMiner exchanges coins mined into USD.

When a user wants to withdraw, we take the balance (in USD) and carry out the user withdrawal order, whether a PayPal transfer (in USD) or BTC or ETH (in which case we purchase the coins for the user and make the transfer).

When buying ETH or BTC using USD a fee is imposed by the exchange, usually in the form of an exchange rate. In your case the exchange rate was ~400USD for ETH by the exchange.

Deducing our fees (3% = 1.5USD) and the ETH transfer fees (~0.2USD - you can verify that looking at the block explorer for your ETH transfer) from 50USD brings your net to ~48.3USD.

~48.30USD would buy you 0.12069685 ETH at the exchange and this is the amount we transferred to you.

Hope this clarifies.

BTW, at the request of our users we are working on adding a feature that will allow users to choose their own base currency - that way a user that wants to be exposed to the volatility of a certain coin and would want to withdraw in that coin could keep his balance in that coin and avoid exchange costs.  Smiley

I personally think this is why winminer rocks.  Many times I'm just going to sell the coins and it costs fees upon fees (especially the exchange fees to sell).  I'd rather just pay the paypal fees.
_Dejan_

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:27:48 AM

@TeamWinMiner: did you read my recomendations and BUG reports writen in previous post?

Q2C: GfFqmNJmoXi4TGvXugRGrHL9yiN4NBwhvX
LesiA

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:09:04 AM

So i lost 8% in fees
8% is just to mutch...

Hope this clarifies.

I tried winminer and I think that you did a great work. Congrats!

I think that option to choose base currency is necessary to avoid fees when converting $ to ETH or BTC.

Also when changing algorythm more than once per hour I think is hurting revenue. If you change algorythm you get at least 30s dowtime, do this 6 times per hour and you have 5% downtime. And also I don't know if it is good for the hardware to fluctuate so much in temperature...

So you have 5% downtime, 5% converting fee, 2% base miner fee and 3% winminer fee... this is arround 15% ...

Don't get me wrong, but I think that you shuld think about this and try to do something about this...

And please, can you activate button to delete unused rigs in live stats.
commenkiz

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:41:57 PM

Error while loading the page, please try again later.
been down for like 3 hour , any idea  ?
 Huh Huh Huh
coinnoob_za

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:47:05 PM

This is for pure noobies that don't know what they are doing...

The fees sound very high to me! Why would anyone pay miner fees, pool fees and their fees too!
thaskunk

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:55:54 PM

Huh Huh Huh

Same here...
olddarkstar

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:00:56 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2017, 02:22:56 PM by olddarkstar

This is for pure noobies that don't know what they are doing...

The fees sound very high to me! Why would anyone pay miner fees, pool fees and their fees too!

look at it as a service

you are mining to a base currency (actually only) USD
what ever and whenever you mined your profit in USD stays stable

and you can withdraw the profit to paypal with standard fees

the minersoftware fee is unrelated to the winminer team

they actually also alow to withdraw in eth and btc with comon exchange fees

theire miner configurations are not realy optimum for all nor for advanced miners but this belongs to the countless possible hard and software configurations

you don`t need multiple wallets, you don`t need to know the profitability of all coins, you don`t need to find trustworthy sources for the miner software, don`t need to know anything about configurations you don`t need to know cheap and reliable exchanges ...
but If you do know all this  things you can help and improve winminer with qualified feedback and rfe`s.
olddarkstar

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:21:09 PM

Huh Huh Huh

Same here...

all parts of the winminer site work well here
thaskunk

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:33:49 PM

got a response from the support team. They have the service restored as of about 1 hr ago.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:27:30 PM

@TeamWinMiner: did you read my recomendations and BUG reports writen in previous post?
We sure did!
Thank you so much for sending, and sorry for the delay in responding (you gave us so mush information to digest... Smiley)
We will respond to the items shortly
Phantoms001

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:46:11 AM

I'm having an issue with the winminer live not showing a rig.  Its showing 2 of 3.  Anyone else having this problem?
Phantoms001

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:04:24 AM

hi guys.

Do you have any plans on adding integrated GPUs to your app's supported list.
I have a laptop with Intel HD Graphics 520 on idle most of the time and this isnt detected as a GPU. Although other miners do see it as one.
Winminer currently detects it as a MS Basic Render Driver.

Thanks

Svyatk0

Just curious - with the other miners, is it actually profitable? I know it's low power, but....
TBH I wouldn't call it profitable :-) if any at all. BUT, since the machine is on all the time anyway and does little most of the time it, it definitely doesn't hurt making it do something. this probably makes more than interest from your savings account. thats unless you have thousands on it :-)

Thats how i see it anyway, i might be totally wrong though

LOL, just take it to McDonalds and use their power/internet.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:29:42 AM

I test your WinMiner apllication around 2 weeks... I like active developement on your product and support... But it need some improvement in few things...
1.) REQUEST: Profitability switching isn't good enought. For example if I mine single coin(XMR) all day I earn around 20-70% more $ per day compared to automatic option... Coin swithcing is done to fast and this lead to losing money, because miner start mining and then switch to other coin... There must be done some application options like:
-General coin option(For all coins) to set periodic benchmarking. For example checkbox for automatic(your logic) or custom(user can configure timeout in minutes/hours). For me 1x per day is enought.
-General coin option(For all coins) to set periodic profitability check(Check which coin profit is best). For example checkbox for automatic(your logic) or custom(user can configure timeout in minutes/hours). For me 1x per 2/4 hours is enought.
-General coin option(For all coins) to set profitability current/average of coin. For example checkbox for current(check which coin is curently best profitable by price, difficulty...) or average. On average must be two options automatic(your logic) or custom(user can configure hours/days which are used to calculate average of coin profitability).
-General coin option(For all coins) to set minimum difference in coin price beetwen old mining coin and new minning coin to switchower. For example checkbox for automatic(your logic) or custom(user can configure earning price difference in currency which have selected in settings  example 1.50 USD).
2.) BUG: I see that service WinMiner_Service stop sometime(version 1.74x maybe this is fixed in 1.75 it is to soon to tell)... Maybe add some watchdog to check if service is running and start/restart it if not running but must running...
3.) REQUEST: Option to disable automatic update
4.) REQUEST: Settings for EACH coin miner intensity settings. For example checkbox for automatic(your logic) or custom(user set for XMR Intensity=18 all other are auto)
5.) BUG: WinMiner update, kill WinMiner but leave icon in tray. You need to clean them else there are a lot of WinMiner icons...
6.) BUG: Live statistic usualy need refresh on first open to show data of miners.
7.) Add some other coins like FTC, SIB ...
8.) BUG: When I have enabled mining oly XMR coin sometime I receive message that there is no job from server...
9.) BUG: Live statistic - Removing Miner do not work. It show "Please wait" and then is remove button back. Logout/Login do not help.
10.) BUG Whe exit application(Tray icon is also removed) Service still running.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review and test WinMiner and to send us such a detailed and well thought list of issues, requests and ideas.

We take great joy when something we create is being so warmly embraced and even more so receiving great feedback, the warm words of support, but no less, the wise advises, ideas, bugs to be fixed – you guys are our rock stars!

(1) Profitability ideas:
      - We continue working on the switching mechanism in an effort to optimise its performance.
      - We know there is still room for performance optimization - but 70% difference in performance sounds more like a bug - please send us logs so we can take a look
      - Your ideas are great and we surely explore them further in our continuous effort for max profits.
(2) Watchdog
      - WinMiner_service is a watchdog  Smiley
(3) Auto update
      - We might add an option to disable auto update BUT even then some updates will have to be automatic and mandatory - e.g. when client-server protocol changes mining will not be possible without an update..
(4) Intensity settings per each miner
      - That would be cool. This would probably take the form of adding an additional command line for each miner/algo. The thing is that at the moment the command line for each miner may take a totally different form which is not convenient.. We are thinking on how to solve this in the best way. Stay tuned..
(5) Cleaning WinMiner icons in tray
      - Dev team is looking into this. Thanks for reporting.
(6) Live dashboard, required refresh
      - Work on getting this page to perform as we want it to is still in progress...sorry for the inconvenience...we will get it right  Smiley  In the meantime you may want to wait a bit before refreshing, sometimes it takes a few seconds for the data to flow..
(7) Additional coins
      - We are adding coins all the time and we have noted your request for FTC and SIB. Keep in mind that due to the one click nature of WinMiner adding a coin means apart from the right miner, the right configuration etc. also the entire food chain that follows including the exchange handling etc. but hey, we never complain about hard work  Smiley  
(8 ) No job on server for XMR
      - Please send logs (and make sure "enable debug log" option is checked) so we can nail this down.
(9) Live dashboard – removing miner does not work
      - Noted. Thanks for reporting. On dev team to do list..
(10) Exit – yet service is still running
      - This is not a bug, it is the watchdog which is a Windows service aimed at bringing the main WinMiner app to life if for any reason it crashes or is unresponsive for any reason. It should not be taking up any resources, and being in the background waiting for the moment WinMiner is launched means the best possible watchdog performance.

Great points! Great effort! keep on sending!

DaemonSK

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:02:29 AM

its been 12 days now since i started using winminer, despite the small issues that occur from time to time it mostly gets resolved fast
but right now i'm facing something have been mentioned here few times which is the update times , the older the account gets the more the updates is delayed on my balance, its been over 2 hours now and my balance is stuck on what it was, i was hoping if it could be more live and more frequent, it honestly freaks me out sometimes
thaskunk

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:44:06 PM

its been 12 days now since i started using winminer, despite the small issues that occur from time to time it mostly gets resolved fast
but right now i'm facing something have been mentioned here few times which is the update times , the older the account gets the more the updates is delayed on my balance, its been over 2 hours now and my balance is stuck on what it was, i was hoping if it could be more live and more frequent, it honestly freaks me out sometimes

I've been running it since the first post and I do not see this issue - wonder if this is something on their database side for you - have you emailed the support team yet?

Not trying to say it's not an issue, just giving a bit of confidence that I'm not seeing that.
mr_blanket

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:02:14 PM

Hey TeamWinMiner!

Love the software.  Have a request:

I am used to using a website called NHTracker to track my nicehash'ing.  This website allows you to watch the USD/day from the website, of course, but also from the tab title itself.  I'm usually on other websites doing other things and glance up at the tab to watch the USD move up and down for my rig.

Right now, the "live" view just shows "Winminer - Live" for the tab title.  Could we add a live USD number to that as well?

Thanks!  Keep up the good work!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: