Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:26:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization  (Read 101101 times)
skyviper80

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:30:37 PM

This update broke our mixed GPU miners, see attached screenshot.
Please send us logs (Help > Send error report) we will quickly take a look and get back to you
Logs sent, ID:b5f2d9d4-6393-4c77-b681-a7450bceddab and ID:9d4c6188-3166-4c40-a850-3e1c52090d1a
Being fixed right now - a new version update coming up in a minute.
Sorry for the inconvenience
You guys are awesome. Thanks!!
Thanks! version is out - problem solved?

All machines have been updated and are running normal. Thank you again!
TeamWinMiner (OP)

Activity: 423
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:40:01 PM

Please send us logs (Help > Send error report) we will quickly take a look and get back to you
Logs sent, ID:b5f2d9d4-6393-4c77-b681-a7450bceddab and ID:9d4c6188-3166-4c40-a850-3e1c52090d1a
Being fixed right now - a new version update coming up in a minute.
Sorry for the inconvenience
You guys are awesome. Thanks!!
Thanks! version is out - problem solved?
All machines have been updated and are running normal. Thank you again!
Hallelujah!!  Smiley
mumak

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

here for a while

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:31:26 PM

The improvements look great and professional! Thanks, WinMiner!

I ♥ Crypto!
BlivAK

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:09:23 PM

Would anybody care to share what their 1070's are mining at?

On ZEN I'm getting about $2.20 to $2.30 per day but sometimes it jumps up to about $4 per day for only about 5 minutes but then goes back down to $2. I'm just wondering if there is something wrong with my settings or if this is normal behaviour? Thanks.

It's normal for that to happen. I live in UK and noticed it jumps up from late evening to early hours of the morning possibly when trading is peak in the US, my assumption
Favelle1975

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:08:04 PM

Wow, temp, power, and fan monitoring...this is rad!  Well done guys!
Cyan_Antares

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:21:37 PM

On ZEN I'm getting about $2.20 to $2.30 per day but sometimes it jumps up to about $4 per day for only about 5 minutes but then goes back down to $2. I'm just wondering if there is something wrong with my settings or if this is normal behaviour? Thanks.
I only have one gtx 1080ti and the last few ways it's only making $4.00 a day not sure why, but it used to make 6.00 to 8.00 dollars a day.
That depends on the conditions of the market. When the market is good a Vega 64 could make like 6€ (euros, yes) a day, 5 something, etc. When it is average it does like 4-4.50€ day, and on not so good days it can make 3.2-3.5€ a day.

That happens a lot with coins like Sumokoin. The difficulty changes so drastically and so suddenly that WinMiner can be mining something like ETN (Electroneum) all day long and Sumokoin not being as profitable (say you manually set WinMiner to mine it and you only make 3€ a day), and then, Sumokoin suddenly is very profitable and WinMiner starts mining it at 6€ day per card (on a Vega 64). But it lasts some time between 5 and 20 minutes then it is no longer as profitable.

Thanks for the new version, WinMiner team! Please consider my suggestions.
Cyan_Antares

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:40:55 PM

Happy Thursday everyone!

We have a new WinMiner version - v1.104a with some great news and features you have asked for:

(1)   GPU mixup is history! – GPUs are now correctly identified and the correct performance is shown next to the correct GPU

While this is great, the real importance is that it now paves the way to additional per GPU features that many of you have requested.

(2)   GPU metrics now at your fingertips:

- GPU fan speed
       - GPU temp
       - GPU power consumption (in Watts)
       - More coming...

(3)   Updated Dashboard to reflect all those goodies  Smiley

(4)   We have also added social media links for easy access.

Enjoy! And may the mining force be with you!  Smiley

https://labtech.purecomputersonline.com/labtech/transfer/tools/ss/winminer-1.png
thanks for that pic. How do you manage to get more than 8 GPUs working on Windows at the same time? Would it work if you had 8 RX 580 and 8 GTX 1060? I wonder... Also, which remote management program do you use?

On a different note, I wonder if there is a bug with WinMiner when it comes to the wattage metrics. I love that feature, but there is something wrong with it when I test it on a Vega 64 rig. It shows 0W power consumption when you are not mining, and when you start mining everything seems fine at first, when the cards begin to work the wattage meter slowly and steadily increases, but... I am pretty sure there is a bug with it, because the metrics never go above 100W.

It stays at 100W for extended periods of time, sometimes it drops to 99W and the like, but it never ever goes above 100W. I am pretty sure that can't be the case 'cos I measured the power consumption off the wall, and each card is on the 140-150W range.
CutterKin

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:46:37 AM

While trying to login:

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
Subject: *.winminer.com

Issuer: COMODO RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA

Expires on: Jan 25, 2018

Current date: Jan 25, 2018
TheMightySpud

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:39:08 AM

Yep, would appear the SSL cert is borked Sad
Kirks

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:28:34 AM

Cert updated now...
TeamWinMiner (OP)

Activity: 423
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:16:41 AM

Yep, would appear the SSL cert is borked Sad

Guys thank you for reporting this and sorry for the inconvenience.
Apparently not all pages on winminer.com  were updated with the renewed security certificate...
There was no real security issue.
Everything is now fixed.

Team WinMiner
skyviper80

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:05:00 PM

Happy Thursday everyone!

We have a new WinMiner version - v1.104a with some great news and features you have asked for:

(1)   GPU mixup is history! – GPUs are now correctly identified and the correct performance is shown next to the correct GPU

While this is great, the real importance is that it now paves the way to additional per GPU features that many of you have requested.

- GPU fan speed
       - GPU temp
       - More coming...

https://labtech.purecomputersonline.com/labtech/transfer/tools/ss/winminer-1.png
thanks for that pic. How do you manage to get more than 8 GPUs working on Windows at the same time? Would it work if you had 8 RX 580 and 8 GTX 1060? I wonder... Also, which remote management program do you use?

On a different note, I wonder if there is a bug with WinMiner when it comes to the wattage metrics. I love that feature, but there is something wrong with it when I test it on a Vega 64 rig. It shows 0W power consumption when you are not mining, and when you start mining everything seems fine at first, when the cards begin to work the wattage meter slowly and steadily increases, but... I am pretty sure there is a bug with it, because the metrics never go above 100W.

It stays at 100W for extended periods of time, sometimes it drops to 99W and the like, but it never ever goes above 100W. I am pretty sure that can't be the case 'cos I measured the power consumption off the wall, and each card is on the 140-150W range.

First, the RMM program we use is ConnectWise Control. My company is an MSP provider in Central Arkansas that also hosts a mining co-location facility.

We spent lots of R&D time for our mining rigs to get 12-GPUs running but essentially you are limited to 8 AMD GPUS using the blockchain driver and 8 NVIDIA using their drivers. That means you can have at most 16 cards with those driver sets. If you were to use the latest AMD drivers you could use up to 12 AMD cards in a system followed by 8 NVIDIA cards. We use a mix of Biostart TB250-BTC Pro and ASUS B250 Mining Expert Boards with 12/19 PCI-e slots respectively. Power connectors is the limiting factor TBH since EVGA and a select others have PSUs with connector counts for more than 4 GPUS on a single PSU. Each rig has a 1300 EVGA G2 series powering the AMD cards pulling 1050W max power when dual mining and a 1000w EVGA G2 powering the NVIDIA cards pulling 855w when dual mining. Everything is housed in a custom build 12-slot chassis we have manufactured by a local company.

As for your question about a bug the power WinMiner is reading is the GPU only power draw which is not the total power of the graphics card as well as the system. A reading of 100w GPU only power should see a reading at the wall of approx 130-140w depending on what's being mined so I'd say everything is working normal.
TheMightySpud

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:24:45 PM

Does anyone else have issues trying to mine a specific coin?

I've had it a few times where I tell the app to only mine a certain coin but when I hit start it comes back with 'No Jobs From Server'  It's very frustrating.

Thanks
TheMightySpud
Cyan_Antares

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:38:40 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 05:10:11 AM by Cyan_Antares

Happy Thursday everyone!

- GPU fan speed
       - GPU temp
       - More coming...

First, the RMM program we use is ConnectWise Control. My company is an MSP provider in Central Arkansas that also hosts a mining co-location facility.

We spent lots of R&D time for our mining rigs to get 12-GPUs running but essentially you are limited to 8 AMD GPUS using the blockchain driver and 8 NVIDIA using their drivers. That means you can have at most 16 cards with those driver sets. If you were to use the latest AMD drivers you could use up to 12 AMD cards in a system followed by 8 NVIDIA cards. We use a mix of Biostart TB250-BTC Pro and ASUS B250 Mining Expert Boards with 12/19 PCI-e slots respectively. Power connectors is the limiting factor TBH since EVGA and a select others have PSUs with connector counts for more than 4 GPUS on a single PSU. Each rig has a 1300 EVGA G2 series powering the AMD cards pulling 1050W max power when dual mining and a 1000w EVGA G2 powering the NVIDIA cards pulling 855w when dual mining. Everything is housed in a custom build 12-slot chassis we have manufactured by a local company.

As for your question about a bug the power WinMiner is reading is the GPU only power draw which is not the total power of the graphics card as well as the system. A reading of 100w GPU only power should see a reading at the wall of approx 130-140w depending on what's being mined so I'd say everything is working normal.
that's very, very interesting... Nice, now I know my Vega 64 cards rig is finely tuned. What stills puzzles me is the fact that the numbers are "too precise". I mean, they are always either 99W or 100W...  Smiley

Although I kinda knew the rig was well tuned after measuring the power draw at the wall, that also confirms it. I am going to check the reported power draw of WinMiner on my Vega 56, 'cos I now know it's not a bug.

In regards to the 8 cards limit, I commented on that, and someone told me this "Windows HAD an 8 GPU limitation, the fall creators update and subsequent AMD/Nvidia drivers fixed it. Now we do not know if any OS or Driver limit exists anymore (max ive read people being able to do is 22 GPU's using mining cards and splitters etc).".

So maybe you can actually try more cards! Best regards.
commenkiz

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:27:15 AM

we need withdraw in XRP , ETN or Enjin Coin

please add Cheesy
maknom66

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:02:05 AM

Is the crypto market going down having any connection with winminer profitability being decreased ?? Cause i've noticed the same ?? Huh Huh
skyviper80

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:09:12 PM

Happy Thursday everyone!

- GPU fan speed
       - GPU temp
       - More coming...

that's very, very interesting... Nice, now I know my Vega 64 cards rig is finely tuned. What stills puzzles me is the fact that the numbers are "too precise". I mean, they are always either 99W or 100W...  Smiley

Although I kinda knew the rig was well tuned after measuring the power draw at the wall, that also confirms it. I am going to check the reported power draw of WinMiner on my Vega 56, 'cos I now know it's not a bug.

In regards to the 8 cards limit, I commented on that, and someone told me this "Windows HAD an 8 GPU limitation, the fall creators update and subsequent AMD/Nvidia drivers fixed it. Now we do not know if any OS or Driver limit exists anymore (max ive read people being able to do is 22 GPU's using mining cards and splitters etc).".

So maybe you can actually try more cards! Best regards.

Yes, there used to be an 8 card limit imposed by the WDDM 2.0 driver model in Windows 10 but the fall creators update released WDDM 2.3 which removed that limitation. To what number we do not know and have not tested since it's hard enough to get 12 cards working correctly in a system. I have seen a video on YouTube of a guy mining with 32 cards on Windows 10 using splitters but it's not something I want to try.
Cookie.Monsters

Activity: 440
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:47:37 PM

Has anyone recently compared WinMiner with (the revived) Nicehash in terms of performance / yield?
CutterKin

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:01:55 AM

Has anyone recently compared WinMiner with (the revived) Nicehash in terms of performance / yield?

For yield, no. Not in awhile.

For performance, I can tell you out of Nicehash, Winminer, & Minergate that Winminer is currently the least stable. Let me be clear that Winminer is my favorite of the 3, but it is unfortunately very buggy.

I use Minergate on some of my low end systems with AMD GPU's since it is the most productive with those setups. Many people say that Minergate "steals" hashrate from you. I don't know if they are, but it is more productive than Nicehash or Winminer on those particular machines because it uses the GPU that they won't. I can say that Minergate by far is the most stable software though. I have machines that have run Minergate for weeks without a single reboot or crash. Actually I don't think I've seen Minergate crash EVER, and remember I only use it on my most crappy hardware.

I use Nicehash on my more powerful machines that I can't babysit daily. It seems to produce about the same as Winminer after all is said and done, but I have not done a thorough test. But anecdotally I can say they are very close. Like I said I only use it on machines that I can't get to everyday, and it does crash now and then. But it picks up where it left off after a reboot, so I can "set it and forget it" and generally not lose more than 12 hours, even after a crash.

As for Winminer, it is my favorite and I am behind them 100%, but man oh man the bugs are frustrating. Across about 30 machines that are about as diverse as they can be Winminer crashes ALLOT. On many of my machines it crashes multiple times daily. And something in the last 4 or 5 updates (that all came out in the last two days) is really messing up my 1070 and 1080 machines. 2 or 3 now won't GPU mine at all since they get an "ethminer has stopped working" crash over and over again. Much worse is that after after a crash, Winminer often "forgets" all its settings, so even if I have it set to autorun after a reboot, it won't start mining until I re-enter all the setup details. I lost *days* of mining on some of my machines due to this, which is why I had to go back to Nicehash with them. I've seen several other people complain about this same issue on various forums so I am sure their support is aware of it.

Again, Winminer is my favorite, even with the bugs, and I expect they will all get sorted sooner or later.
maknom66

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:39:52 AM

Is the crypto market going down having any connection with winminer profitability being decreased ?? Cause i've noticed the same ?? Huh Huh

Anyone ?? Would really like to know this
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: