Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 11:20:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I Go To College ???  (Read 28113 times)
lampix

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 04:59:43 PM

We are living in an interesting time where people think you have to go to college to be successful. Now I am not advocating to not go or to go to college, but I think if you have an opportunity that is already in the works then maybe take a gap year. However, if you plan to sit around, then I would highly recommend going to college. This allows you to meet people, explore new interests, and possibly pursue a degree that will be meaningful to your future career.
SativaDiva

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

23. English BA. OnlyFans.com/MistressLovely

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 05:34:19 PM

Hi everyone,

What advice would you give a HS senior in US about to decide on and/or enter college ?

I am currently a senior in college and it is rough but I graduate this year in May--so I will give you some advice. I live on campus during the semester at a private catholic university, it's also gated with security guards so my experience/advice will differ from other ones.

Okay so first thing I wished I knew/learned before I went to college/in college was:

1. I wish I had known that going away meant dirty bathrooms and sometimes cold ass showers
2. I learned to always wear shower shoes
3. If commuting definitely make an on-campus friend because it gets lonely adulting by yourself
4. It will be loud
5. You will get distracted
6. You might fall asleep in class
7. Prepare to be up until 5 am
8. Prepare to cry a lot
9. You will want to dropout and this feeling will not go away until days before you graduate [probably]
10. If you like to party male/female, if you sit down your drink--even for a few seconds--it is not your drink anymore; walk away
11. If you see a guy/girl passed out in the bathroom: A. If they are coherent/conscious: help them to their room....B. If they aren't walk away but tell someone else, don't be a prick--avoid college drinking deaths
12. Do not snitch on someone smoking pot; go to them and complain first
13. Campus security is not your friend..depending on what you look like
14. Peeing outside is completely okay
15. Use a condom
16. No one is a ho/whore/slut just fuck and shut up or don't but still shut up
17. Relationships won't last
18. White people will say nigga regardless of preferencee
19. Black people may say cracker
20. Racism still exists
21. Try to keep the peace
22. You can wear pajamas to class
23. You will grow to love learning more
24. You may dropout
25. College sucks
26. College is also one of the best things that ever happened to me
27. I stilll hate college
28. It's a lot of work
29. Try your best to pick a major
30. Do whatever you want
keeee

Activity: 574
Merit: 267

" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 05:44:59 PM

Hi everyone,

What advice would you give a HS senior in US about to decide on and/or enter college ?

Obviously you must. Don't waste the oppurtunity given by your parents to be in a university. Eventhough you have the skills you must have your diploma. Because having a diploma is like stepping ahead from others. In addition, long time of studying long range of learing..

kodes88

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:10:30 PM

Hi everyone,

it depend on your self,if you believe in your knowledge,ability and skill of something that can earn a lot of money,you dont need to go to ollege,you just need to focus on your skill,and be professional,people with skill can earn money and better life,but if you dont have any skill,found it on college,you will meet many friends,and have some knowledge there.
hyunee

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:16:13 PM

Of course. You should go to college since college is where you decide your future or what you want to be someday. It what makes you successful in the near future. You can choose whatever field you want that you think you can be successful. You can be an engineer, architect, an accountant, an information technologist or anything that suit your taste. Going to college is one thing you should prioritize if you want to be successful in life. Because in getting a job, a degree holder is their priority.
merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:23:32 PM

It will really depend on what career you want to have. If you dream of being a physicist, then it's unlikely you can if you skip university. Now if you just want a comfortable life, then there are many other ways of earning money. Sure a business course might help, especially with the networking opportunity, but it's possible to do without it.

Basically, decide if college is necessary in the field you want to enter and if you can afford it. I believe America have a school loan system and it's easier to find a job while studying.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:33:44 PM

Hi everyone,

It is better just to have formal Education and been able to formalize yourself with school training and experience but not for better life or knowledge. What ever you need to learn as for Education and knowledge are free online and youtube provided all practical explanation on most subject being teach in our institutions today. We read daily many people who abandon formal Education to become millionaires by just leaning on net.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1134

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:46:57 PM

It depends on the cost. In some countries education is free or very cheap ( you have to pay a monthly wage for the whole semester). If your country is like that go. Education is always good. Your papers will look better and you'll learn new things, even if you won't have to use them you will have a topic for conversation.
But if your college will leave you in debt for years to come, don't go!

seev

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:47:44 PM

go to college/university.

u might choose a different country somewhere in europe, where university education is for free or at least cheap...

a bachelors degree isnt necessarly the high academic education u might wish for, but the environment (people, experiences, free time, new opportunities) is worth it.... Depending on the price tag...
Kanine Awe

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:48:22 PM

Go to a college that you can afford.  Apply for scholarships.  If you actually try and don't just decide theres only one college you'll go to, you can even get paid to go to college.  I did.
Kallipso

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:15:13 PM

The question of course is interesting is outrageous from the fact whether a person should go to college. Of course, if he has already learned to make good money on the Internet from a young age, then probably in college he will not need to learn anything more. He will have all the means for existence.
earthpocket

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:21:30 PM

It's better if you analyze it on your own, not only because society tells to do it. Think if you really need it.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:31:58 PM

The most important thing is balancing the cost versus your potential future. I don't know how US student loans work, but if you're digging yourself into a hole it might take you most of your adulthood to get out of that's one hell of a burden.

I certainly wouldn't do it if it was for some arty farty course. I'd only do it in a ruthlessly careerist manner. If it isn't something that'll potentially pay off big time like law or medicine then I don't really see the point.

Instead of arty farty I'd get a trade. In the UK at least degrees are now so worthless that a plumber will  be making more money in a year after leaving school than some university educated twat in 20 years of career 'progression'.

A friend of mine makes the equivalent of $5000 a week doing heating systems. You could waste your entire life in an industry like advertising and never make a quarter of that. 

I left education at 16 and have no regrets. But I've never given a shit about careers or have ever worked for anyone other than myself or would ever want to.
siti25

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 03:23:55 AM

Why are you asking this? If you want to go to college, why not? If you can afford to go to college, why not? College is important. It does not have to always be a lecture to be successful, many successful people who do not hold a degree. But if you want to go to college and be able to go to college, why not?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄███████▀▀███████▄▄
     ▄██████▀▀      ▀▀██████▄
   ▄████▀▀              ▀▀████▄
  ████        ▄▄███▄▄       ████
 ▐████      ▄█████████▄     ████▌
 █████     ████▀   ▀▀█▀     █████
 █████    ▐███              █████
 █████    ▐███▄      ▄      █████
 █████     ▀████▄▄▄████     █████
 ▐████       ▀███████▀      ████▌
  ▀███▄▄        ▀▀▀       ▄▄███▀
    ▀█████▄▄          ▄▄█████▀
      ▀███████▄▄  ▄▄███████▀
         ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀

████
                       ▄▀██
                     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄▄▄
                   ▄█▀    ███████
                 ▄█▀      ███████
               ▄█▀        ███████
     ▀█▄▄    ▄█▀  ▄█████▄ ███████
        ▀▀█▄█▀    ███████ ███████
  ▄█████▄         ███████ ███████
  ███████ ▄█████▄ ███████ ███████
  ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
Arahara0230

Activity: 200

SWISSBORG- THE NEW ERA OF CRYPTO WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 05:01:18 AM

Hi everyone,

Yes, of course,  you should go to college to have a degree so that you can have great job. I'm not saying you can't have a good job when you only had senior high, but the oppurtunies are more when you have your degree.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 05:30:52 AM

Had a rethought on that one, they sell you on the promise of $80,000 to $100,000 a year as soon as you leave the school for four years.
But then it raises the question if that was true then why is the professor there making $50,000 a year and shilling his own textbooks instead of making that money somewhere else. In a sense if you don't find a job out of college and take a career as a Walmart Greeter, Mcdonalds person etc, then your pretty much just paying off your student loans.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
BitcoinBallerina

Activity: 308

Presale is live!

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 05:37:21 AM

College in the US is extremely expensive compared to most other countries around the globe. As a matter of fact, it is becoming increasingly common in many countries to offer free post-secondary education (such as Europe, some Middle East, Scandanavia, etc.). Other countries might not pay everything, but a large percentage.

US is a huge exception. If you want to go to college - you must pay, and you will pay A LOT. This is barring you are not some extraordinary athlete or scholar who gets scolarships/full-ride. An average student will be in debt many thousands of dollars by the time you get your undergrad alone. Then you have Masters, Ph.D if you decide to go down that road.

Ultimately, you need to ask yourself if you want to do just that. Do you want to spend a large portion of your life paying off your student debts, are you able to do that? Are you motivated? We do not know your personal feelings. We can only share our views, but at the end of the day it is your choice so make sure you think long and hard about it before.

NJB18

Activity: 663
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 06:20:50 AM

If you can, why not? College offers so many opportunities. Right after that, another batch of opportunities that are not available to others who haven't gone to college will be offered to them.

Your future is brighter if you go to college than if you don't.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:34:25 AM

Hi everyone,

Why won't you want to go to college? As long as you have a capability to pull through, sure! Moreover, it will help your career a lot except you wanna be like likes of Steve jobs and the rest if you have a great idea that you are sure will pull through. Going to college doesn't determine success but at least it is a start.
rido

Activity: 139

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 09:57:13 AM

Yes because kuliyah can get a better job.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: