Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:52:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I Go To College ???  (Read 28113 times)
Cyberbits

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 04:22:18 PM

Going to college is a very very  good idea, I am advising every young one to please endevour to attend college

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TuckJeezyKEK

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 04:24:36 PM

Unless you're innovative enough to start your own business and have it become successful I would go to school.
Uhde

Activity: 616
Merit: 124

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 04:25:26 PM

do you have any better plan instead?
if no you should.
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 05:52:13 PM

Hi everyone,

What advice would you give a HS senior in US about to decide on and/or enter college ?

Do you already have any idea what you want to do or what you have a passion for?

I went in for a computer field and completely hated it at the higher levels, it is very lonely to code by yourself all day when you also are a social creature like myself. I switched to something where I can do both and focused my major.

I had to take 2 summer semesters and an extra year of college to catch up when Iswitched, because credits don't always all transfer over or count towards another major.

Don't waste money like I did, not planning and not knowing what I wanted to do cost me tens of thousands of dollars.
Master_dandosha

Activity: 714

IF YOU Enjoy Trade with ME ..PUT Feedback Please

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:45:42 PM

Yes you should go with no hesitations at all . unless you have well educated mined with a good skills in C++ or any programming languages make you eligible to create\innovate a blockchain project not copy\paste one which make u rich \ famous and being able to create your own college then if succeed .

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:58:06 PM

Yes you should go with no hesitations at all . unless you have well educated mined with a good skills in C++ or any programming languages make you eligible to create\innovate a blockchain project not copy\paste one which make u rich \ famous and being able to create your own college then if succeed .
Why are you giving knowledge in programming as the reason not to go to college? For me the most obvious reason why someone shouldn't waste his time on higher education is wealth. If you're rich because your parents are, don't bother going. If they have a company, start working there to learn everything about their business, because you will have to take over one day. Don't waste time on learning the basics, learn from people who had achieved a success and follow them.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
izza123

Activity: 382
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:05:06 PM

Find the forecasted most in-demand careers in the next 5 years and pick one. If i could go back i would go to college in a second.
leexhin

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:36:57 AM

It's better if you should go to college and take a major that suits your skills and abilities. It's easy to study if you're enjoying what you're studying. It will give you less stress and will make studying easy.
killgald

Activity: 244

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:47:33 AM

Hi everyone,

What advice would you give a HS senior in US about to decide on and/or enter college ?
Dude, go to college that´s the best invertion that you can do with your life. Study something you like to do thats the best adviced that i can give you Smiley

matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 06:59:14 AM

Hi everyone,

Dude, go to college that´s the best invertion that you can do with your life. Study something you like to do thats the best adviced that i can give you Smiley

Yeah. If you want to have a bigger chance to be successful, there's no better optuin than to get a degree. We may see a lot of people dropping out of college to become millionnaires of even billionnaires but their number is flimsy compared to those that dropped out and are not really doing well after. Ensure your future.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
leirou

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:12:52 AM

Yes you Really should go to college the world is wide don't stop yet it will open more opportunities.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:38:02 AM

Hi everyone,

The United States of America is a first world country and that the economy is in demand of skilled individuals. It means that the competition in applying for work is hard since you need to have a good educational background to be accepted to a white collared job. And so if you will not graduate in college you will end up in hard labor jobs for the rest of your life with a minimum pay.
2hot2handle

Activity: 180

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:06:15 AM

Hi everyone,

Yes, you should enter college. Take course which interest you the most, having a degree gets you one step closer to your dream job plus the adventures of college life are worth it.

Dice    |    Caraycruz    |    Roulette    |    Multicolor   |   Bounties    |    Lottery    |    Exchange    |    Affiliates
████████████████████ [   B I T S L E R   C A S I N O   ] ████████████████████
★           $20,000 Weekly Wagering Contest           ★          $5,000 Weekly BTSLR Coin Contest           ★
The_prodigy

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:12:41 AM

Hi everyone,

Yes, you should enter college. Take course which interest you the most, having a degree gets you one step closer to your dream job plus the adventures of college life are worth it.

You should enter college for me as I think that even with bitcoin and even if you are profittig on it. College provides you something to fall back to. It gives you a degree wherein you can apply to when all else fails and give you an expertise and knowledge that you might be able to use and develop when we are old.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1104

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:35:24 AM

Don't go, life is short. You may find out that by the time you've finished the market has changed completely and nobody wants people with your skills.
If I could go back in time I'd drop out and don't waste my life on useless education. I know it's easy to say now when I've graduated, but I don't feel like it has helped me in life.

Zumwalt

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:24:43 PM

I would only go if its a good Party College.
Mink1993

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 04:32:26 PM

Depend on your financial situation and also what you want to be when you grow up. Basically if you have a qualification, a better chance for you to search for a job rather than have nothing.
ankit10

Activity: 952
Merit: 267

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:36:28 PM

There are many reasons to go college or not, some people face financial crises and that time you need to complete your college and get job to fullfil the basic needs of your family.
People go for college for better life in future via better job.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:59:30 PM

Hi everyone,

After flunking out of a state university and blowing any grants and what-not I worked for a while and also did 3 years in the military for the army college fund (which was fairly generious at the time, and also it was pretty safe in terms of going into battle back then.)

After that I was actually ready to go to school and had some earning potential.  I did a transition program at a junior college.  Learned a lot and paid for it without taking out student loans.  Ultimately I dropped out in my senior year of civil engineering because the dot-com bubble created opportunities and I had learned some about programming as a kid (who had a C-64 computer to play with.)  Also, after seeing and thinking about how and what civil engineers actually did, I didn't think I wanted to be one all of my life.

My main point would be that I found it the case that the lowly junior collage actually provided a discernably better education in some areas.  In this case the math department was fantastic.  Head and shoulders above the university.  The smart and dedicated high school students (mostly Asian immigrants) set the standards which probably helped, but the staff were also a big factor.

If you actually want to learn shit, I think you can do so effectively at any institutution.  Sappy as it sounds, 'you get out of it what you put in.'  I've been out of it for so long that I don't know whether it is practical to get through with minimal or no student loans at this point, but if so, and if one has the maturity and interest, I'd say go for it.  Else, spend a few years digging ditches which may improve one's attitude.  Just don't develop debt or start a family during this phase or school will probably never be a realistic option.

Also, in retrospect, I feel that school is scientifically design to dampen thought and creativity and produce certain kinds of people who display certain kinds of behaviors deamed desirable by TPTB.  This from pre-school through post-doc.  School (with the possible exception of certain elite institutions for certain people) also will dilligently NOT teach certain things and discourage further exploration of them (e.g., 'what money actually is'.)  If one can understand and watch for this, one can get what school has to offer without letting them fuck up one's head to much.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
RedX

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 02:40:38 AM

Hi everyone,

Yes, you should. Just imagine how many youths that don't have the opportunity to go to college. Look at you, you are very lucky and yet you are deciding whether to go or not. Unless you are planning to add yourself to be one of those sickening society.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: