Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:31:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is bitcoin the most popular cryptocurrency?  (Read 20629 times)
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:05:15 AM

There may be many reasons for Bitcoin being popular, in the last years, bitcoin has been growing unlimited, rather than decreasing. In the beginning many countries of the world did not get this legitimacy. Now in many countries it is used for various purposes, including getting legitimacy.Besides, other coins are more popular than that
I agree with you that there is a lot of reasons why the bitcoin is getting popular because one of the reasons is the opportunity that bitcoin is giving to the people and because of that opportunity they can easily make money because bitcoin has  a lot of ways to help the people to make money like trading, investing and so on and so forth.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Coin12

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

1st of May

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:25:01 AM

Bitcoin become the most popular crypto currency because its made at first than the other.
Then bitcoin also has stable price. I mean on this, bitcoin get lower and when they get higher price it will be more than lower range.

》》  HashCard   ∥|▌ REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
▌|∥     JOIN WHITELIST     ∥|▐
Whitepaper TelegramTwitterFacebookMediumGithubYoutubeANN Thread
Frank0209

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:32:22 AM

In my opinion the main reason make Bitcoin become the most popular cryptocurrency is its price is really high beside it's the first cryptocurrency can be use to trade or purchase anything in real life and the first thing bought by Bitcoin is a Pizza cost 10k Bitcoin Smiley). But for now Bitcoin still can't be used worldwide cause it's only legalized in few countries all over the world.
HonestSurfer

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:42:42 AM

I would say the key reasons for bitcoin being #1 are:

- first mover advantage: first currency out there, has a huge brand name and therefore market share (capitalization) as well as recognition among potential merchants (if this goes really mainstream at some point)
- developer community: lots of smart people joined bitcoin core and other fractions, looking for new cutting-edge solutions
- mining community: I may be a bit on a tangent here but the way I see it, bitcoin has the most miners as well as nodes in the system, potentially making it more stable compared to a currency with only a few miners and nodes (distribution of mining/hashing power of course is a topic of itself)
- robustness: bitcoin has been updating the protocol and making it robust; it has stood the test of time in terms of hacking and system stability; most of the other currencies can only copy/learn from that so they will always be a step behind.

I am obviously not counting in reasons of price and volatility which in my opinion should only be reflecting the reasons above.

Let me know what do you think of these reasons!
FoxTheHuman

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:44:30 AM

I believe that they're popular mainly because well it was the first of all cryptocurrencies to be made. Honestly most of the other coins are scams and greedy ways that the developers make money. The only other coin I can think of that isn't a scam are dogecoins! What do you think?
Simply because it is a potential altcoin and a large number of buy-sell transactions. No one altcoin has more potential than it is at the present time.
cyberChevan

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:50:06 AM

Not just because it was the first to be developed but because it have proven itself. Bitcoin is the most popular among cryptocurrencies because the opportunities and great profit is here. It has been through ups and downs but it is still thriving and thus, the powerful of all cryptos.
captainhera

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:53:59 AM

Because bitcoin is of great value ~ $ 5,888 and it will increase in the future. When everyone cares about it instead of the other altcoin.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:57:41 AM

In my opinion the main reason make Bitcoin become the most popular cryptocurrency is its price is really high beside it's the first cryptocurrency can be use to trade or purchase anything in real life and the first thing bought by Bitcoin is a Pizza cost 10k Bitcoin Smiley). But for now Bitcoin still can't be used worldwide cause it's only legalized in few countries all over the world.
Bitcoin is the base for the entire cryptocurrency evolution. Though it's a successful experiment of a technology, it continued to grow high and reach new heights. Later based on the growth it attained, as well along with the increased pricing it gained more popularity and the same is supporting to reach new heights in the cryptocurrency market.
konco_kenthel

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:08:23 AM

I believe that they're popular mainly because well it was the first of all cryptocurrencies to be made. Honestly most of the other coins are scams and greedy ways that the developers make money. The only other coin I can think of that isn't a scam are dogecoins! What do you think?
Indeed the development of bitcoin every year can provide a fairly rapid increase with a relatively high price for life. In addition there are still some other coins that can surprise every time that dogecoin with the movement of the exchange rate very quickly and able to create a good opportunity for investors to achieve big profits.

cloud777

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:09:53 AM

There are severel reasons:

1) BTC is the first mover
2) BTC is the first blockchain technology implementation.
3) Take advantage from network externalities (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_effect).
4) It's the fastest way to make money with speculation.
5) It's the most popular brand: other currencies are "alternative".
6) It's the most diffused for "physical" payments.
7) BTC mining is the most difficult and expensive.

"On the Blockchain, no one knows you're a fridge"
EEEian

Activity: 246

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:09:58 AM

Very common question Bitcoin is number one most popular currency every Bitcoin lover knows why popular this coin.But i know Bitcoin investor is increase day by day that is main reason i think.        
frmracc

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:14:13 AM

It is because bitcoin is the first crypto currency and the oldest one. The price of bitcoin also very expensive if you compare it with other cryptocurrencies. I think this 2 reason are makes bitcoin become the most popular cryptocurrency.
musharaf

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:23:51 AM

There are many reasons due to which people like bitcoin very much the first reason for popularity of bitcoin is it has a strong believe of the people that it will change their future and thus the demand for this currency high as a result the prices goes up and the pioneer of this currency are very profitable the people were very happy and they still invested in this currency and ultimately they are rich because of this.

pecson134

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:27:30 AM

Actually we had the same idea. Bitcoins was given the privilege of being first a much higher popularity than what other coins or incoming coin does.  I do think that we can considered bitcoins as an established currency and had already promising improvements on those times that passed by.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:31:54 AM

Well if you'll think of it that ay, bitcoin is popular because it's been the oldest of all crypto coin so it is only normal that most community have already known it which makes it that popular which unlike  other coin that has only been released  like a year or two. There is ETH which is showing potential to be popular yet it is not a coin.
Bitcoin provides a lot of opportunity to both young and adults in the community so it is only normal for people to spread word about something where they can all benefit.
I believe the reason that bitcoin become most popular now is because it gives an opportunity to many people in able to earn some income and have some money to use in somethings like basic needs.
JeremyPeng

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:39:22 AM

It's a matter of belief, and if there is another cryptocurrency which can replace bitcoin, there will be more coins appear. Bitcoin will stay being the most valuable cryptocurrency cause it's the first created coin.
J Gambler

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:40:19 AM

Bitcoin is thhe most popular cryptocurrency is because there has been a lot of things that makes bitcoin popular to the people around doing it because it gives a lot of profi if utilized correctly and it also has outlived a lot of its counterpart and competitors.

Y U MAD AT ME
gondar1

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:40:36 AM

It is the most popular crypto currency because it is one of the oldest and the most trusted. Almost everyone who uses crypto currency have tried bitcoin and the feedback is really good. So, I don't see any reason to not make it popular.

Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:38:08 AM

Yeah that's true, bitcoin is the most important than any other crypto coins and its value I'm sure will stay at the top that many people prefer to get profits (earn money) from it. And yes, indeed there are some other crypto coins that there must be a lead to the scams that its creator just to trying get profit for himself without seeing the users (investors) who use the coins as an investment or the other things. Responding to that, I just keep trying to remain cautious in investing (choosing crypto coins) that really can be trusted.
123kape123

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:38:09 AM

because the network effect must not be underestimated. Actually usefulness of bitcoin currency is growing with the square of participants inside it (Metcalfe's effect). For this same reason most money flows into Bitcoin and not alt-coins, which gives Bitcoin even infrastructure advantage (new applications, etc....).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: