Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:56:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon A5 DashMaster 30.2G 750W  (Read 55195 times)
TenaciousJ

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:59:29 AM

This is a shit show. Innosilicon is keeping sale open for days at least until 7/25/ so im sure they will be assembling units after sale is done. How many units will they be shipping in batch 1 ? Never seen a pre order that is kept open for days like this. Price is so high with unlimited availability until 7/25 ? Can they keep this on schedule for October delivery if they cant and shipping is delayed Ibelink and Bitmain will already be raising difficulty on network by the time Innosilicon start shipping. Also what if Biakal or Pineda announce something bigger lets say 45-60 ghs

Murphy's law. If anything can go wrong, it will

My fears exactly.  I really want to order these, but it's hard to pull the trigger on something so expensive with a 2 month pre-order wait period (at least) without a definite shipping date to look forward to.  The 'give us your money, now get in line and like it' mentality of these ASIC companies is irritating.

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinexplorer

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:02:00 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2017, 07:39:44 PM by mprep

This is a shit show. Innosilicon is keeping sale open for days at least until 7/25/ so im sure they will be assembling units after sale is done. How many units will they be shipping in batch 1 ? Never seen a pre order that is kept open for days like this. Price is so high with unlimited availability until 7/25 ? Can they keep this on schedule for October delivery if they cant and shipping is delayed Ibelink and Bitmain will already be raising difficulty on network by the time Innosilicon start shipping. Also what if Biakal or Pineda announce something bigger lets say 45-60 ghs

life is tricky dear, stay in your magic  Cheesy

My fears exactly.  I really want to order these, but it's hard to pull the trigger on something so expensive with a 2 month pre-order wait period (at least) without a definite shipping date to look forward to.  The 'give us your money, now get in line and like it' mentality of these ASIC companies is irritating.

i agree, pre-orders should have a shipping date of no more than 15 days at maximum.
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:20:39 AM

guys i dont think this is worth it, even if you could get just 1 at 11k+ (at their btc rates) its still 3-4k too much, its always worth paying a little bit more for efficiency and a guaranteed order, but not that much, we still dont even know how the ibelinks will affect difficulty yet and i think thats why these companys are pushing their products hard before that happens.. Shipping delays are likely with this company and a few weeks after the d3s are released will change everything in initial profits. We also dont know how many other monster x11 miners are going to be released.

bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:24:08 AM

guys i dont think this is worth it, even if you could get just 1 at 11k+ (at their btc rates) its still 3-4k too much, its always worth paying a little bit more for efficiency and a guaranteed order, but not that much, we still dont even know how the ibelinks will affect difficulty yet and i think thats why these companys are pushing their products hard before that happens.. Shipping delays are likely with this company and a few weeks after the d3s are released will change everything in initial profits. We also dont know how many other monster x11 miners are going to be released.

you are absolutely right
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:49:03 AM

Frankly this one was Inno's to lose.  Bitmain made the move first to chop iBelink's private parts off with the 15gh about just below half the cost and roughly the same efficiency.  So the ball was in Inno's court.  They had the price points and all the data before making the announcement.  This time they weren't being blindsided by Bitmain.  It was their chance to redeem themselves and make the giant feel a little pressure.  

So they make the hardware announcement, the specs look good, efficiency looks great.  The last piece of the puzzle.  Price... Now if they could land that punch right on Bitmains jaw they might hurt them just enough to wins some more converts to the Inno camp.  Everyone loves a underdog.  I think most people would rather buy our miners from a company like Inno because frankly I think they care about their reputation and customers and work hard for those customers.

So with all of that finally blowing in Inno's favor they announce this price of $9999.  Utterly just not doable.  Not even close to a competitive price per GH.   Ultimately that is what it will boil down to is the cost per GH.  Everyone wants efficiency, but for the over $4000 markup over the cost of a couple of the D3's I can buy a LOT of electricity before I ever come close to the cost difference between these miners.

This is a pretty bad mistake on Inno's part for this miner.  I think if they priced it in the 6-7k range they would have had a hit on their hands.  Instead I think they are going to see sluggish sales and possibly not make the numbers I am sure they were hoping to hit.  

Inno still has an opportunity to redeem themselves, but the time frame is short.  Correct this pricing mistake and lets get on board this train... Otherwise I personally cannot justify this kind of cost for the A5.  I will sadly have to buy from the evil company that has done little to win my admiration or business.

This is just too bad.  If Inno is listening please take these words to heart.  We want to buy the A5, but you have to get the price in line with what Bitmain is charging per MH/GH or your not going to have the big success you were hoping for.  I can understand charging some premium for the efficiency, but you have to be realistic.  Sadly this won't work for me, and it sounds like many other people here feel the same that I do.

I would like to see the A5 be a success, but at this price point I don't see how that is going to be possible.
sil2222

Activity: 144

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:59:41 AM

Frankly this one was Inno's to lose.  Bitmain made the move first to chop iBelink's private parts off with the 15gh about just below half the cost and roughly the same efficiency.  So the ball was in Inno's court.  They had the price points and all the data before making the announcement.  This time they weren't being blindsided by Bitmain.  It was their chance to redeem themselves and make the giant feel a little pressure.  

So they make the hardware announcement, the specs look good, efficiency looks great.  The last piece of the puzzle.  Price... Now if they could land that punch right on Bitmains jaw they might hurt them just enough to wins some more converts to the Inno camp.  Everyone loves a underdog.  I think most people would rather buy our miners from a company like Inno because frankly I think they care about their reputation and customers and work hard for those customers.

So with all of that finally blowing in Inno's favor they announce this price of $9999.  Utterly just not doable.  Not even close to a competitive price per GH.   Ultimately that is what it will boil down to is the cost per GH.  Everyone wants efficiency, but for the over $4000 markup over the cost of a couple of the D3's I can buy a LOT of electricity before I ever come close to the cost difference between these miners.

This is a pretty bad mistake on Inno's part for this miner.  I think if they priced it in the 6-7k range they would have had a hit on their hands.  Instead I think they are going to see sluggish sales and possibly not make the numbers I am sure they were hoping to hit.  

Inno still has an opportunity to redeem themselves, but the time frame is short.  Correct this pricing mistake and lets get on board this train... Otherwise I personally cannot justify this kind of cost for the A5.  I will sadly have to buy from the evil company that has done little to win my admiration or business.

This is just too bad.  If Inno is listening please take these words to heart.  We want to buy the A5, but you have to get the price in line with what Bitmain is charging per MH/GH or your not going to have the big success you were hoping for.  I can understand charging some premium for the efficiency, but you have to be realistic.  Sadly this won't work for me, and it sounds like many other people here feel the same that I do.

I would like to see the A5 be a success, but at this price point I don't see how that is going to be possible.

Totally agree. I think Ibelink got lucky with timing and they sold all of their stock just in time. Innosilicon timing is off and price is ridiculously high they may be looking at ibelinks pre sale 10.8 ghs for 6k ,but like i said Ibelink got lucky with timing. Bitmain seems to be pricing considering how much X11 difficulty will rise with this monstrous increase in hashing rates over the next few months. So Bitmain is actually being fair and considerate.
Longsnowsm

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:03:33 AM

Bitmain could have asked for more money and gotten it.  I think it was a direct shot over the bow of the competitors.  It was a warning and enough of a big bang to get everyone's attention.  They are the big dog and they are marking their turf.
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:20:30 AM

Everyone considering buying this also please think about what your giving up, your giving up 12+ bitcoins at todays prices, in 3-4 months time btc will prob be over 3700$ after all this segwit stuff finalises,  and know whos with dash/ltc. Now imagine just holding your btc for that time period, thats 12000$ ( possibly absolute minimum ) your losing by investing in a pre order, and who makes that profit instead? Innosilicon does for a concept design they prob only threw together after they saw what bitmain was offering. No prototype, just a promising chip.

Anyone who paid 9k for a ibelink in april could have made 18k by holding their btc instead, or 27k if they held their dash. To make matters worse pinidea or baikal could bring their monster a few weeks from now or b4 u receive the a5. Bitmain could just make another d3, lets call it a d3+ , they could bring that out weeks b4 or after u receive the a5 too. Just a thought.

kodokbuduk

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:31:20 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2017, 07:39:57 PM by mprep

yea i totally agree

Remember pandaminer, they cant complete the preorder
bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:49:20 AM

I present this resolution that miner community should push all ASIC manufacturing companies to limit pre-order delivery period to 15 days , as in such a volatile market 2 months is a long time....
Rubenz

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:55:28 AM

Hello guys!
who got the order confirmation mail already?

I put my order instandly, after it was possibly, but still i dont received nothing from inno.
Longsnowsm

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:24:53 AM

Hello guys!
who got the order confirmation mail already?

I put my order instandly, after it was possibly, but still i dont received nothing from inno.

I would suggest you email Inno to follow up just to make sure things are OK. 
cryptotore

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:19:18 AM

Try deleting the number 3 in order quantity and put 1. looks like it might work?

I did the same.

God damn you are not very bright if you think this is going to work.. Tongue
They clearly state minimum order is 3.

Viscerale

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:21:58 AM

I've placed 3 orders but I recevied only one confirmation email
Vanguard*

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:54:00 AM

Guys just to give you a reminder of what kind of company we are dealing with here!!!

announcement in 2015
A4 Dominator ASIC & Miner Specifications:

A4 ASIC: 3Mhs per chip at 3.6W nominal, support DCDC less PCB
Extreme Low Power: daisy chained ASIC running at 0.7V, only in 14nm
Miner Performance: 600Mhs from 720W at the Wall or 850Mhs from 1020W
PSU Requirements: common PCI-E 8Pins/6+2Pins with 12V output
Included: Raspberry Pi running the most user friendly A2 terminator Software

Actual Specs after release
A4 Miner Specifications:
Part Number: INNOSILICON A4 Dominator 280Mhs per unit (+-10% performance, can be over-clocked at user's risk)
Size: Length 28cm * Width 26cm * Height 13cm
Gross Weight: 9.2KG (without PSU)
ASIC: A4, 80pcs
Blade: 4pcs
Voltage: +12V
Required rated PSU: 1000W or above, 4 * PCI-E 6Pin
Included: Raspberry Pi, it is plug and play with your PSU

seems they blow alot of smoke up their own asses.

So if you take that into account my guess is these miners are going to produce 15-20ghs, That is unless i see some video proof of them hashing at their specs

Miner4ever

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:47:40 AM

Too many x11 asic are comming, diff will explode Smiley
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:50:55 AM

Yea, the X11 is already getting too hot to handle. Ill pass on this stuff

r0mro

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:04:55 PM

Try deleting the number 3 in order quantity and put 1. looks like it might work?

I did the same.

God damn you are not very bright if you think this is going to work.. Tongue
They clearly state minimum order is 3.

it worked Smiley anyway check their website. now MOQ is 1  + free PSU.
kodokbuduk

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:17:35 PM

Guys just to give you a reminder of what kind of company we are dealing with here!!!

announcement in 2015
A4 Dominator ASIC & Miner Specifications:

A4 ASIC: 3Mhs per chip at 3.6W nominal, support DCDC less PCB
Extreme Low Power: daisy chained ASIC running at 0.7V, only in 14nm
Miner Performance: 600Mhs from 720W at the Wall or 850Mhs from 1020W
PSU Requirements: common PCI-E 8Pins/6+2Pins with 12V output
Included: Raspberry Pi running the most user friendly A2 terminator Software

Actual Specs after release
A4 Miner Specifications:
Part Number: INNOSILICON A4 Dominator 280Mhs per unit (+-10% performance, can be over-clocked at user's risk)
Size: Length 28cm * Width 26cm * Height 13cm
Gross Weight: 9.2KG (without PSU)
ASIC: A4, 80pcs
Blade: 4pcs
Voltage: +12V
Required rated PSU: 1000W or above, 4 * PCI-E 6Pin
Included: Raspberry Pi, it is plug and play with your PSU

seems they blow alot of smoke up their own asses.

So if you take that into account my guess is these miners are going to produce 15-20ghs, That is unless i see some video proof of them hashing at their specs

Ahhh, no good no good then...i better pass this one, better wait the actual specs after release
blissz

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:22:30 PM

The price is too high. At the time these miners are turned on together with the bitmain miners, the diff will go times 4 or 5.
When calculating this unit price to euro's (including taxes / duty) you pay about 10600 euro when importing this beast to Europe. (if you choose a wire transfer)
But let's say Inno can deliver in time before the second batch of bitmain miners are turned on and you receive a working unit (+ there are no delays / problems at the custom because of CE etc)
It will take at least half a year to reach the ROI if the diff would stay at times 4 a 5. But a few months later the diff will be doubled again when the next batches of asic miner arrives, so my guess is that it takes upto a year to break even.

That said, there will be little profit and high risk. I am out...  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: