Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:26:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40]
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon A5 DashMaster 30.2G 750W  (Read 55195 times)
gauldicus

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:28:58 AM

What a shit company, at least Bitmain offer vouchers!

I feel bad for those who spent 10k on this, shame on innosilicon for pricing it this high when in reality it probably cost no more than 500 dollars to produce each unit. Very very greedy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 09:44:19 AM

Yeah the amount of profit they took with this machine pricing is staggering,
and yet they don't admit it was a wrong thing to do.

chadl2
Copper Member

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

Cryptocurrency Miner in Los Angeles

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 05:50:14 PM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

I'm still pissed that they sold first A5s at 10000USD and they don't think they did anything wrong in first place.

It is my worst miner investment ever, I don't think I'll ever make any worse decision than buying a A5 unit.

I haven't received any compensation.

I haven't received any coupons.

Nothing.

Same story with us. Sorry to hear it happened to you too.

If Innosilicon really cared about creating long term customer relationships they would have treated us differently. They knew that delay would cause us to never become profitable on those machines as difficulty shot up. Yet they would rather keep that one time sale/money and screw those customers never to have them to return.

Maybe it's a cultural thing and they just don't have the same view of customer service as we do in the US and other parts of the world.

All I know is I recommend my customers and friends to steer clear of Innosilicon because of what happened to me. The premium we paid was BECAUSE of the early delivery, not because the machine itself would be worth that long term. Their failure lost many customers for life I'm sure including me. Our risk was/should have been a DASH price collapse or unexpected difficulty increase before and following on-time delivery, not the delivery time itself. The delivery timeline was their responsibility and failure.

Maybe they are making the right business choice though. There's so many newcomers to the space they might not need sales from previous customers to support themselves?
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 06:01:53 PM

I'm still pissed that they sold first A5s at 10000USD and they don't think they did anything wrong in first place.

It is my worst miner investment ever, I don't think I'll ever make any worse decision than buying a A5 unit.

Nothing.

If Innosilicon really cared about creating long term customer relationships they would have treated us differently. They knew that delay would cause us to never become profitable on those machines as difficulty shot up. Yet they would rather keep that one time sale/money and screw those customers never to have them to return.

Maybe it's a cultural thing and they just don't have the same view of customer service as we do in the US and other parts of the world.

All I know is I recommend my customers and friends to steer clear of Innosilicon because of what happened to me. The premium we paid was BECAUSE of the early delivery, not because the machine itself would be worth that long term. Their failure lost many customers for life I'm sure including me. Our risk was/should have been a DASH price collapse or unexpected difficulty increase before and following on-time delivery, not the delivery time itself. The delivery timeline was their responsibility and failure.

Maybe they are making the right business choice though. There's so many newcomers to the space they might not need sales from previous customers to support themselves?

They replied me via pm here,
but I am still waiting for the follow up,
whether there will be any compensation or not.

Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:23:17 AM

Nothing.

This is a more common thing among chinese companies than non-chinese. Unfortunately, going after them legally is likely to bear no fruit. This is probably part of the reason it occurs. Good luck and I hope u guys get some fair compensation.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
Dockin

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:40:18 AM

Purchase of miners and mining behavior themselves are indeed investment and economic behavior of high risk. Participants should be equipped with awareness and preparation for corresponding risk. Those who participated in this activity gained huge profits overnight can be found everywhere, however, there is also a number of people who suffered losses at the same time. But objectively speaking, such gains and losses may not be controlled or anticipated in advance.

I understand and am very aware that there are risks associated with mining. In the case of the A5, the biggest risk that we took which led to our demise was trusting in Innosilicon.

We hoped that Innosilicon would be able to deliver a reliable product that we paid for in the agreed upon timeframe, and most importantly value their customers and provide a good customer experience like any legitimate company would attempt to do.

As we have learned, Innosilicon was not only incapable of following the agreed upon contract terms, but was also unresponsive on all communication platforms towards their customers and just overall incompetent and irresponsible throughout the whole process.

When you say there is high risk in mining behaviour, usually those things include price volatility of the cryptocurrency market, competitors with more efficient mining equipment, mining difficulty increasing, ect. We shouldn't have to worry about the company delaying the product for such a long period of time that it defeats the purpose of paying the initial purchase price. Likewise, we shouldn't have to worry about miners catching on fire and the company being so irresponsible as to say "sorry, here's an email on how to desolder the hash boards" without offering any recalls, refunds or compensation. The "risks" that turned out to be the biggest factors preventing anybody from capitalizing on this investment are those in which were imposed on us by Innosilicon from the start. These types of risks could have been controlled in advance, or more fairly compensated for if Innosilicon had been responsible enough to care for their customers and/or reputation of their company.

Many people in the industry knew that the production process of A5 miner has been disastrously affected by the malicious interference and destruction of its competitors, which not only directly causes a substantial increase of production cost, but also leads to a longer delay of delivery than planned. The extent of destruction and interference is far beyond the bottom line of normal business competition, and even further beyond the imagination of many people. Such immoral behavior is the root cause for everyone's loss.

Again, no communication to customers about this event. This is the first I'm hearing about it.

Since your talking about morals, why did you make your customers suffer the consequences of this unfortunate event? Doesn't Innosilicon have responsibility involving risks that are inherit with doing business? I understand that if this did happen, Innosilicon would have also suffered a substantial financial loss. However, if Innosilicon were to have put their customers first then we would have been fairly compensated for the late shipping dates that resulted from this incident.

Notice I said 'fairly' compensated. I did get 'compensation' but not as one would expect. More on that below.

In the face of this unexpected situation, as a manufacturer, while enduring self-loss without any complaint, we have taken the initiative to increase the amount of compensation for subscribers, and provide coupons with the real purchasing power and almost no limitations. Extra miners were even directly presented to some customers for compensation. We know that these measures can't fully compensate for the total investment losses of the customers, however, as a manufacturer, we not only faithfully implement the pre-agreed compensation clause, but also delicate much to our subscribers within our capacities, in the hope of returning to customers as much as possible and reducing their losses.

I was never offered any coupons, only offered the 'free' A4+ without PSU as compensation (I was force to pay $403.33 USD for what Innosilicon insisted was the cost of shipping) plus DHL boarder fees. I was promised that "Delivery of the miners will be finished within 3 biz days after payment confirmation" ( – quote taken straight from the email). 3 days in reality ended up being 43 days before it was even shipped out. This is after me constantly attempting to contact them after I paid, finally got through to them through Twitter where they finally responded and confirmed my payment over a month later. By the time it arrived it was only capable of netting $4 a day, now it's netting about $2.50. It's been plugged in since it arrived and I have so far only net $50 USD after subtracting shipping costs and DHL boarder fees. Still in the negative about $100 USD since I had to pay for my own PSU as it was not supplied as part of the compensation. So in conclusion, this 'free' miner has yet to pay for itself, not to mention help to re-cooping investments lost in the A5.

Can I get compensated for the late arrival of your compensated A4+ miner? Serious question, because I would have never paid for this 'free' miner if your company didn't say it will be delivered in 3 business days. I thought perhaps that you may have learned from your mistakes and actually tried to deliver on your promises. I guess that's fool me twice, shame on me.

It is gratifying that most customers still give us very high level of trust and support. Their support and commitment are the driving force for our progress and the cornerstone of our development. Through this incident we also learned a lot, especially in the supply chain management and risk prevention, we have made a lot of improvement. As a result, you can feel that our delivery speed and efficiency have been completely improved. To some extent, this incident not only did not let us fall, but it made us stronger and faced more cruel and fierce market competition.

Judging from your Twitter page, it doesn't seem like 'most' customers give you very high accolades. Read the comments from any of your recent tweets and miner releases. It's not hard to find.

Also, I could imagine that the $10,000 price tag per A5 unit that you unjustifiably refused to refund helped to cushion your 'fall'.
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 03:22:27 PM

Nothing.

They replied me via pm here,
but I am still waiting for the follow up,
whether there will be any compensation or not.

And I'm still waiting for this follow up.

No new information has been sent to me.

crazy71

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:04:18 AM

hello ,hello ,you guys for innoshit  is time to pay ,the pay day is now,(i am one of that buy the pieece of s,,,,t of a5 in 9999$)and i am know smileing like mucho others seeying the end of your company for sure ....i get a lot of email from them offers his news products ......hahahahahahahah  i bid nobody buy nothing ,,,we dont trust you anymore AND PAYDAY IS HERE .....i buy in bitmain yes bitmain....they are bad ?? sure ...but like me thosueds do the same.....you will have to eat your prodcuts now nobody beleive in your company ... Grin Grin
gvsrusa

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:46:48 PM

My hashrate always drops and the miner starts up again and again. What upgrade can I use to fix these bugs? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Did you get it fixed? I have the same problem
funbuxx

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:56:16 PM

Ugh, so I bought another A5 and it came without an SD card socket in the hole but at least the hash boards have the "catch fire" capacitor removed already (board revision is A5-33S-V3.0a).

I tried to update the firmware to the Feb 2018 via the web interface and it didn't complete and the fault light started flashing continuously. Left it for 30 mins - no change. Ctrl-F5 - no change.

Rebooted it and it now just flashes the fault red light and is not visible on the network on its configured IP address or the default 192.168.1.254

What are my options?

Try to fit an SD socket so I can flash from TF card?

All combinations of reset button, IP set,  and power-on have had no effect.

Anyone selling an A5 controller board? (e.g. you already fried your hash boards).

Cheers,

FB
Dockin

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:01:37 PM

Ugh, so I bought another A5 and it came without an SD card socket in the hole but at least the hash boards have the "catch fire" capacitor removed already (board revision is A5-33S-V3.0a).

I tried to update the firmware to the Feb 2018 via the web interface and it didn't complete and the fault light started flashing continuously. Left it for 30 mins - no change. Ctrl-F5 - no change.

Rebooted it and it now just flashes the fault red light and is not visible on the network on its configured IP address or the default 192.168.1.254

What are my options?

Try to fit an SD socket so I can flash from TF card?

All combinations of reset button, IP set,  and power-on have had no effect.

Anyone selling an A5 controller board? (e.g. you already fried your hash boards).

Cheers,

FB
I believe the others in the past have contacted Innosilicon regarding their missing tf card reader slot. Not sure if Innosilicon ever responded to them about it. Might be wishful thinking trying that you will get a response from them via their email. Maybe direct message InnoASIC through this forum? If they had any pride left in their company then they should at least send one over for you to possibly hook up.. if you don't get a response, you can try their Twitter page. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:59:45 PM

Ugh, so I bought another A5 and it came without an SD card socket in the hole
Inno charged huge sum of money for the miner, then delivered it late, then it caught fire, now it misses SD socket.   Completely unreliable!
funbuxx

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:24:26 PM

So, I figured out that I could take my bricked A5 and connect the ASIC boards into the controller board of a working A5 and it works fine Smiley

The bricked A5 provides the power and cooling and the working one now gives the workload to all the boards.

Only problem is it only seems to detect 5 boards. 3 from it's own chassis and 2/3 from the bricked A5 even though all 3 LEDs are on.

Any ideas why the controller is only detecting 5 boards out of 6 connected?
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 06:47:39 PM

Innosilicon A1 was No. 1 btc Asic in 2014, independently developed by innosilicon, who subsequently developed A2 to A6 various leading performance mining asic in the world.

You say A2 to A6, but I don't think you guys ever released the A3. It was supposed to be a Bitcoin mining chip succeeding the A1...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40]
  Print  

Jump to: