Bitcoin Forum
August 20, 2024, 05:14:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119811 times)
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:29:19 AM

I think oliwer21 was referring to the tithe blocks which don't bring rewards? Either way, it's not just you, nobody got anything in the last X hours because of the pool difficulties, otherwise that would not be the case, of course you get paid per share contributed, but the pool didn't find any blocks for a long time. Don't worry, it will be resolved soon, we have a great dev.
oliwer21

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:42:43 AM

I think oliwer21 was referring to the tithe blocks which don't bring rewards? Either way, it's not just you, nobody got anything in the last X hours because of the pool difficulties, otherwise that would not be the case, of course you get paid per share contributed, but the pool didn't find any blocks for a long time. Don't worry, it will be resolved soon, we have a great dev.
Youre rigt. I dont expect ill get reward for block 5455 cuz i wast minning on blocks betwen 5444 and 5455. But i was mining betwen 5388 and 5444 with shares 15-17...
But im not even on block distribution list of 5444 block.
inblue

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:58:17 AM

Hmm, this was discussed before but I can't remember if the pool will only count you if you're on the leaderboard at the time of a block find. Even though that's not so logical, it seems to be your case. But that would allow for pool hopping etc.
oliwer21

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:52:37 AM

Hmm, this was discussed before but I can't remember if the pool will only count you if you're on the leaderboard at the time of a block find
But it dont match with pure definition od pool:( and it give oportunity to think its a scam if someone can "predict" block will be good.
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 10:57:59 AM

Youre rigt. I dont expect ill get reward for block 5455 cuz i wast minning on blocks betwen 5444 and 5455. But i was mining betwen 5388 and 5444 with shares 15-17...
Oliwer, there are a lot of dynamics here.

One, we have over 750 solo miners out there (I base that on yesterdays high of 750 connections to my external node).  Only about 200 pool users hit the pool simultaneously (although granted, we have over 1000 connections, since multiple threads connect per worker), but anyway let me move on.
The pool is only receiving 20% of the traffic.  It is very possible sometimes the pool will only solve a few blocks in a half a day due to random difficulty and luck.

On the tithe blocks, to make this system fair for everyone, the difficulty is lowered to a miniscule amount on tithe blocks. So those blocks do fly by without much work from the miners.

I think in our case, there are solo miners out there that are looking at the forward value of this coin.  We will find out a lot more when we hit block 7000, as they will all be forced to upgrade at the same time and hopefully we will know more about who these miners are.

I do have an idea on the performance of the pool but this is getting redicules (IE being attacked already, being such a new pool).  I'm thinking we enhance the protocol to handle an unlimited amount of threads per connection, and make the threads wait and speak back to the pool as a single unit.  More on that later.  That will have to be next as Im already deep into the next feature, but seems like something valuable we can do.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 10:59:44 AM

Hmm, this was discussed before but I can't remember if the pool will only count you if you're on the leaderboard at the time of a block find. Even though that's not so logical, it seems to be your case. But that would allow for pool hopping etc.

You do have to be on the leaderboard to be paid in the block distribution when a block is solved.
But, to combat pool hopping there are rounds, and in each round the system decays your HPS2 based on the shares submitted.
Thats why if you unplug your cable for a while in the current round, your HPS2 starts diminishing slowly.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
inblue

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:05:27 AM

You do have to be on the leaderboard to be paid in the block distribution when a block is solved.
But, to combat pool hopping there are rounds, and in each round the system decays your HPS2 based on the shares submitted.
Thats why if you unplug your cable for a while in the current round, your HPS2 starts diminishing slowly.

Thanks for clarifying. So, does that mean if a miner stops pool mining now and the pool finds a block 5 minutes later, they would still be credited, only a bit less? And if the pool finds the next block after some longer time X, then they will not be credited anymore. Also, what if the pool finds two blocks in 5 minutes after the miner stopped, will they still get credited for both blocks?
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:06:37 AM

One, we have over 750 solo miners out there (I base that on yesterdays high of 750 connections to my external node).  Only about 200 pool users hit the pool simultaneously (although granted, we have over 1000 connections, since multiple threads connect per worker), but anyway let me move on.
The pool is only receiving 20% of the traffic.  It is very possible sometimes the pool will only solve a few blocks in a half a day due to random difficulty and luck.

On the tithe blocks, to make this system fair for everyone, the difficulty is lowered to a miniscule amount on tithe blocks. So those blocks do fly by without much work from the miners.

I think in our case, there are solo miners out there that are looking at the forward value of this coin.  We will find out a lot more when we hit block 7000, as they will all be forced to upgrade at the same time and hopefully we will know more about who these miners are.

I do have an idea on the performance of the pool but this is getting redicules (IE being attacked already, being such a new pool).  I'm thinking we enhance the protocol to handle an unlimited amount of threads per connection, and make the threads wait and speak back to the pool as a single unit.  More on that later.  That will have to be next as Im already deep into the next feature, but seems like something valuable we can do.

Thanks for your efforts on the pool  Cheesy  I have seen you mentioned block 7000 twice. Maybe I over look the discussion, and I also did not find any clue from OP, may I know what will happen on block 7000?
oliwer21

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:15:26 AM

One, we have over 750 solo miners out there (I base that on yesterdays high of 750 connections to my external node).  Only about 200 pool users hit the pool simultaneously (although granted, we have over 1000 connections, since multiple threads connect per worker), but anyway let me move on.
The pool is only receiving 20% of the traffic.  It is very possible sometimes the pool will only solve a few blocks in a half a day due to random difficulty and luck.

I think in our case, there are solo miners out there that are looking at the forward value of this coin.  We will find out a lot more when we hit block 7000, as they will all be forced to upgrade at the same time and hopefully we will know more about who these miners are.

I do have an idea on the performance of the pool but this is getting redicules (IE being attacked already, being such a new pool).  I'm thinking we enhance the protocol to handle an unlimited amount of threads per connection, and make the threads wait and speak back to the pool as a single unit.  More on that later.  That will have to be next as Im already deep into the next feature, but seems like something valuable we can do.

I dont care of solo miners. I mine on pool. Pool get coins and all my my work is wasted cuz i wasnt minin i this stupid 20 mins when block was found.
That only i think its unfair and stupid?
And today a get many crashes(yesterday 0) of wallet so mining is totaly waste of time and energy..
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 11:17:25 AM

I dont care of solo miners. I mine on pool. Pool get coins and all my my work is wasted cuz i wasnt minin i this stupid 20 mins when block was found.

If you dont have the anointing of patience this coin isnt for you.  Were not about greed here.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 11:24:31 AM

Thanks for your efforts on the pool  Cheesy  I have seen you mentioned block 7000 twice. Maybe I over look the discussion, and I also did not find any clue from OP, may I know what will happen on block 7000?

As far as block 7000, Ive been working with a couple members on their ideas of us 'raising the bar' and current 'risks'.  The primary risk being mitigated in f7000 is preventing the ability to farm out x11 hashes to GPUs.  The other feature in f7000, raising the bar, is requiring the bible hash to emit either a txid, biblepay address, or blockhash at the end of the biblehash chained verses.  We believe this raises the bar so high, no one would make an attempt to copy the bible, the logic, and the full node core into an ASIC or GPU, and in addition, requires the full node to arrive at the solution. 

This means that at block 7000, the only people that should be able to mine this coin are full nodes who must be online to arrive at each block solution.  The hashing itself will be slower, because each hash will actually be composed of two biblehashes plus the tx lookup.

More can be found here in the testing thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2070177.40

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
oliwer21

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:36:02 AM

One, we have over 750 solo miners out there (I base that on yesterdays high of 750 connections to my external node).  Only about 200 pool users hit the pool simultaneously (although granted, we have over 1000 connections, since multiple threads connect per worker), but anyway let me move on.
The pool is only receiving 20% of the traffic.  It is very possible sometimes the pool will only solve a few blocks in a half a day due to random difficulty and luck.

I think in our case, there are solo miners out there that are looking at the forward value of this coin.  We will find out a lot more when we hit block 7000, as they will all be forced to upgrade at the same time and hopefully we will know more about who these miners are.

I do have an idea on the performance of the pool but this is getting redicules (IE being attacked already, being such a new pool).  I'm thinking we enhance the protocol to handle an unlimited amount of threads per connection, and make the threads wait and speak back to the pool as a single unit.  More on that later.  That will have to be next as Im already deep into the next feature, but seems like something valuable we can do.

If you dont have the anointing of patience this coin isnt for you.  Were not about greed here.
I'm not greedy, but i think it's importatnt rule, that you get reward only when you mine good block on pool. So better dont mine laderboard have few minner because chance to fond block is smaller. Especialy when pool have often problems.
And i think that this rule should be written on main site of pool?
happy_merchant

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:45:38 AM

And today a get many crashes(yesterday 0) of wallet so mining is totaly waste of time and energy..

It's standard practice for pools to only reward miners for blocks found by the pool. After all, if the pool doesn't find the block then there's no reward to be shared in the first place.

The alternative you seem to be asking for is a direct pay-per-share system, which isn't used so often and generally involves lower payouts over time to offset the risk of the pool going bankrupt due to a bad streak of not finding blocks. That wouldn't even work on a new coin like BBP where a single high output miner dropping out of the pool or starting up solo mining could significantly disrupt the probability of the pool mining a block. You'd also need a very accurate method of determining the pool and network hashrates so you can calculate the share value, and I think there's still an issue with getting an accurate network hashrate right now unless it's been solved in a recent release.
oliwer21

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:22:41 PM

It's standard practice for pools to only reward miners for blocks found by the pool. After all, if the pool doesn't find the block then there's no reward to be shared in the first place.

The alternative you seem to be asking for is a direct pay-per-share system, which isn't used so often and generally involves lower payouts over time to offset the risk of the pool going bankrupt due to a bad streak of not finding blocks. That wouldn't even work on a new coin like BBP where a single high output miner dropping out of the pool or starting up solo mining could significantly disrupt the probability of the pool mining a block. You'd also need a very accurate method of determining the pool and network hashrates so you can calculate the share value, and I think there's still an issue with getting an accurate network hashrate right now unless it's been solved in a recent release.
But pool pay when you mine good block, you dont get any reward to "help" pool to ge to this block and ofc reward should be from first found block.
I think its importatnt when pool find block no so often...
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:04:01 PM

As far as block 7000, Ive been working with a couple members on their ideas of us 'raising the bar' and current 'risks'.  The primary risk being mitigated in f7000 is preventing the ability to farm out x11 hashes to GPUs.  The other feature in f7000, raising the bar, is requiring the bible hash to emit either a txid, biblepay address, or blockhash at the end of the biblehash chained verses.  We believe this raises the bar so high, no one would make an attempt to copy the bible, the logic, and the full node core into an ASIC or GPU, and in addition, requires the full node to arrive at the solution. 

This means that at block 7000, the only people that should be able to mine this coin are full nodes who must be online to arrive at each block solution.  The hashing itself will be slower, because each hash will actually be composed of two biblehashes plus the tx lookup.

So, that's mean there is no way to mine biblepay with miner like cpuminer (I was actually waiting for someone to add PoB algorithm into cpuminer) in future. Full node is required in order to mine this coin, like what we do it currently by using biblepay wallet to mine. Am I right?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 04:10:32 PM

So, that's mean there is no way to mine biblepay with miner like cpuminer (I was actually waiting for someone to add PoB algorithm into cpuminer) in future. Full node is required in order to mine this coin, like what we do it currently by using biblepay wallet to mine. Am I right?

Correct- If someone were to make it work with cpuminer, it would go against what the vision is- because then you could have a botnet of blackboxes, generating heat, and not doing anything useful.  The vision is to only allow the useful nodes to partake in the subsidies.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 04:15:25 PM

As far as block 7000 goes, I would suggest another improvement.  Would it be any significant overhead to change the Orphan Fund reward to 10% of each block found (and likewise, when Sanctuaries hit, do the same for them) as opposed to an entire block 1 in 10.  This would reduce the need for the system to scale the difficulty for the "special" blocks which I would think was a programming inconvenience.  Then all blocks are equal.  They all maintain a similar difficulty, and they all grant the same reward.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
LuckyCheetah

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 04:42:05 PM

Future Feature:
Pay to Preach, in wallet interactive prayer rooms.
Does it mean people are offered to pay to be the preacher? It would be nice to know more your plans about this feature, sounds interesting but also hard to imagine demand for such feature. My first though was confession rooms, which may benefit more from anonymity.
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 04:47:59 PM

Future Feature:
Pay to Preach, in wallet interactive prayer rooms.
Does it mean people are offered to pay to be the preacher? It would be nice to know more your plans about this feature, sounds interesting but also hard to imagine demand for such feature. My first though was confession rooms, which may benefit more from anonymity.

I think there could be a lot of versatility in several of the future features.  Pay to Preach I took as for a set fee in BBP, you'd be given "x" time to preach.  How that would work precisely (text, audio, video) I doubt is fully defined, nor where the fee would go.  However, it could be as you read it, where an interested party would be allowed to preach and then paid a reward.  Although I'm dubious how that would work but it's basically where Musiccoin is going with their new roadmap.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 05:08:36 PM

BiblePay Non-Mandatory Upgrade Available
Version 1.0.2.6:

- Combine communications from all threads to one packet
- Fix inconsistent switching between Pool health down, and solo mining (into 5 minute blocks)
- Fix inconsistent POOL_DOWN messages in miner

Pool Miners: Please upgrade to alleviate load on the pool.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: