Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:54:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119799 times)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 11:33:37 PM

Any idea how long the wallet on c-cex is hung in maintenance? Been a couple days now.

The wallet at C-Cex will be hung at maintenance until after block 7000.  It's been discussed here for a while, in short you don't want a lot of trading to be occurring when you conceivable could have some major glitches pop up in the system.  Block 7000 is the final alteration of the algo, removing all the X11 crypto and making it stand alone on it's Proof Of Bible Hash (PoBH) crypto.  If there are errors, there are more ways to fix it if trading is effectively frozen (for instance, if a major bug turned up and I got 5M BBP as a block reward, I cannot easily sell it and capitalize off of the glitch).  The exchange will unfreeze when the all clear sounds, which there is no specific time but I'd be very surprised if it's frozen past block 8000 (and that's a very pessimistic value).

Well, like West said basically, but there is an additional detail.

When we have a mandatory with a seamless block cutover to a fully tested feature over 10 days in advance, we expect things to go perfectly after block 7000.  The rule is that we ask our exchanges to take the wallet offline for maintenance as soon as the new version is Available.  In this case, the exchanges are permitted to upgrade immediately and bring the wallet back online immediately.  Ill follow up with them by Wednesday and ask them to take it out of maintenance.

The contrast is if we do not give them sufficient time, we simply ask them to immediately take down the wallet and then ask to upgrade after the block passes (not required in this case).

The important thing is that the exchange is Running the newest version of the mandatory Before enabling deposits.

(Thats because we never want an exchange on a FORK).

As far as if you created a deposit address before, it doesnt matter. 

On a side note, trading is not halted, only deposits-withdraws.  I have multiple currencies for example so I keep trading when the wallet is down for maintenance.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 11:36:28 PM

I get shares but balance stays the same. Is it normal?
Yes, balance only goes up after pool finds a block.

I double checked, and the pool hasnt found one since 7:30 AM or so.  Today, the issue was the database layer is now running in a different language; it kept going up and down and causing the wallets to solo mine (so they probably found plenty of blocks solo today), but anyway, I found the problem; this is something new; Im deploying the fix now - it just started today on the sleek version of the pool.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 11:56:08 PM

Someone asked for the PoBh whitepaper.

Here is the initial version for Peer Review:

http://pool.biblepay.org/Docs/BiblePay_White_Paper.pdf

If anyone has any non-trivial changes, let me know and Ill increment the document.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:45:35 AM

Well written, I'll re-read it again to proof it.

Two questions I would pose, shouldn't you detail the MN superblock and when it will be occurring?

And (from the too late to implement file) might I suggest for reduced overhead (if it's not to late), the Orphan Superblock become a true SuperBlock worth 100x the normal block and occur only once every one hundred blocks (such as block xx33) and the MN block behave the same (such as block xx67).  Reduce the normal block reward by a comparable function (i.e, normal blocks produce 18.367k to start, the super block does 100k).  Probably too late to change something so dramatically but would be a reduction in overhead.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
happy_merchant

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:59:47 AM

If anyone has any non-trivial changes, let me know and Ill increment the document.

Nice, having a white paper to officially outline the project and its goals will be helpful.

Sorry I haven't been active much lately, busy with work. Still following Biblepay closely.
cryptocurrencyfreak

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:49:45 AM

Appears the pool is down right now.
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:51:11 AM

Appears the pool is down right now.

Try using the backup pool (pool2).
inblue

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:38:23 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2017, 10:52:20 AM by inblue

Target Audience

Cryptologists, Scientists, Engineers, Financial Analysts, Accountants,
Investors, Programmers, and crypto-coin enthusiasts.

Wait, but what about Christians? Also orphan sponsors, charity donors/givers? Shouldn't these even be first on the list?
noob101

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:40:10 AM

Still  very new.  Getmininginfo says revert to solo mining. What should I do. And what happens to the coins and blocks if it reverts to solo mining.  Had similar issue this morning and the wallet had a line that said xxxxx anount bbp/ 2 rounds.  i am so confused right now.  And how does one direct the miner to the backup pool. And what is testnet? Sorry for all the questions.  Having loads of fun though.
bubbles_depot

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:57:36 AM

Target Audience

Wait, but what about Christians? Also orphan sponsors, charity donors/givers? Shouldn't these even be first on the list?

was thinking the same thing
noob101

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:03:42 AM

Target Audience

Forgive me if I misunderstood, but isn't it the job of the main node holders to decide who gets what once the coin is actually set in its ways? Or what list are we talking about?
bubbles_depot

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:06:26 AM

Still  very new.  Getmininginfo says revert to solo mining. What should I do. And what happens to the coins and blocks if it reverts to solo mining.  Had similar issue this morning and the wallet had a line that said xxxxx anount bbp/ 2 rounds.  i am so confused right now.  And how does one direct the miner to the backup pool. And what is testnet? Sorry for all the questions.  Having loads of fun though.

Im new so might not be 100% but i'll try to help:

When solo you will get all block reward to your wallet if and when you hit one. I got lucky yesterday when problem with pool, and miner reverted to solo and I got 19k+ coins.

To use other pool change:

Code:
pool=http://pool.biblepay.org      to       pool=http://pool2.biblepay.org 

in conf. file.

So if you want more consistent results change pools or you can leave it to solo mine and you might get lucky.

bubbles_depot

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:13:05 AM

Target Audience

Forgive me if I misunderstood, but isn't it the job of the main node holders to decide who gets what once the coin is actually set in its ways? Or what list are we talking about?

Just talking about the newly created whitepaper. For a coin that is called biblepay and gives to charity you would think that christians/charity would be part of target audience.
ste1

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:14:40 AM

Pool is down?
noob101

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:38:36 AM

Im new so might not be 100% but i'll try to help:

When solo you will get all block reward to your wallet if and when you hit one. I got lucky yesterday when problem with pool, and miner reverted to solo and I got 19k+ coins.

To use other pool change:

Code:
pool=http://pool.biblepay.org      to       pool=http://pool2.biblepay.org 

in conf. file.

So if you want more consistent results change pools or you can leave it to solo mine and you might get lucky.

Thanx. You have been more than helpful.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 01:12:51 PM

Yeah the pool did go down for a couple hours in the night.  Its dissapointing, but believe me, the problem that started yesterday was brand new, something unanticipated and needed a couple new lines of code to fix it, and that didnt fix it 100%, only 90%, now I am confident it is actually fixed as of today.  Pool2 didnt have the same problems as pool1.  Anyway, I discovered a faulty setting in IIS7 also - where we were not recycling the app pool when a certain error occurs, and that has now been changed.  Lets be confident now going forward, with hands off that we get some new reliability without touching it.  Im also working now with Vultr Windows hostings product, to see if I can create a template to run the pool without much work - to give us built in anti-ddos, and also, for the two volunteers who sent me PMs that want to run one for $55 a month.  (Side benefit being you can run against the pool from the host at maybe 50% cpu and make a % back with mining, possibly).

As far as REVERTING TO SOLO MINING:  I can guarantee you with 100% certainty, when the pool is unable to provide new work  to your miner, at the exact same instant when the Reverting message appears, the internal miner actually creates a brand new block signed by You.  There is not one chance or instance that you will find that the miner is mining for the pool and the pool is not aware of it, I guarantee it, Ive tested that fully.  In addition, if the pool is offline for hours, it has a feature where it goes back and scans for solved blocks while it was down, and automatically pays the pool participants for those when it comes back up.  It will never intentionally keep any money owed to the pool participants.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 01:15:04 PM

Target Audience

Oh yes, of course, sorry, I was in my scientific mode when I wrote that.  I just added Christians and Philanthropists to the BEGINNING of the list, will release in the next version after we see if there are more changes required.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 01:23:59 PM

Target Audience

Yes, mostly, but I think its important to set the ground rules now before I hand the reigns over.

I basically say up front that I wont accept: Not communicating to our orphans or receiving their communication, providing bad customer service, a greed based ecosystem, hashing outside of full nodes, being ashamed of integrating our Christian features, using charities of less than 75% efficiency, and keeping the initial parameters (such as 10% to tithes), etc. 

Then once the masternodes go live, the community can make changes within the bounds of these parameters, but, to be clear to our investors, not outside the bounds of the initial parameters.

Just to be 100% transparent, the only parameter than I feel actually should be changed during go live of sanctuaries, and I believe I will push for this when we start our slack channel:  a 5% allocation back to IT for the welfare and well being of our future.  I think we need to carve out 5% out of our sanctuary superblocks for allocation to be split between IT, PR, and Charity ops support (charity support being rewards to people who write to our orphans).  This imo, will be well spent and will guarantee the bright future of day to day operation.  The payroll would be in the form that sanctuaries approve the expense, but the renumeration goes back to our 7 or so developers and 5-7 or so helpers in the field manning certain positions.

I feel that we could merge that change in at the time we go live with sanctuaries, update the OP, and live with those parameters permanently going forward in a decentralized fashion.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
inblue

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:46:09 PM

Oh yes, of course, sorry, I was in my scientific mode when I wrote that.  I just added Christians and Philanthropists to the BEGINNING of the list, will release in the next version after we see if there are more changes required.

Haha, don't worry, I constantly go into modes like that. And yes, philanthropists, that was the word I was looking for and couldn't remember it. Smiley
noob101

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:58:13 PM

I have yet another question. When mining on pool 2, the "amounts and rounds" section on the wallet UI says 1000/2.  When I mine on normal pool, the "amounts and rounds" section is all zeros.  Any input on that.  Thanks for being active on the thread by the way.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: