Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:29:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119794 times)
happy_merchant

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:38:21 PM

Happy,
Btw, I wanted to say you are definitely on the right track and what you explained is a good idea, and would almost work - that is to pull the core miner out of biblepay, and extend the X11 miner standalone EXE program to generate biblehashes, and modify the Web side of the Pool to accept biblehash as a solution, but there is one thing that I am trying to accomplish in BBP to keep it from growing into the run of the mill rat-race type greed system, where everyone just wants to spend money on hardware instead of running a full node: that is early on, I attempted to make the biblehash algo itself reference a historical tx in the chain, so that to run the biblepay miner, you had to run a full node (giving us network stability) by the hash algo itself exercising the ability to find historical chain info when reqd.  More recently I settled on passing in things about the current and previous block into the miner, meaning that, the X11 standalone EXE would only be able to run a miner if we pass it those things - or if it is a fullnode it already knows those things.  Thats good however, as it adds value to our full node network.  (The question is do we want to add something in to make it impossible to run a standalone X11 miner?  Im mostly against the standalone miner and Pro-full node hashing). 

So I hope that explains why it would be more of a preferred choice for me to make the "standalone X11 bible miner" an extension of the qt clients capabilities (so as to future proof the algo cemented inside the wallet) - and then just write a web pool interface (OR, pull the X11 pool
 web code first, that is sort of a 50-50). 

Okay, I see what you mean. BibleHash uses the previous block's timestamp in generating the hash, and that information's not provided in a typical stratum job. That definitely raises the bar a little for creating a standalone miner, but not really something that would hamper any serious efforts. Your original historical transaction idea would probably be effective, if the transaction was somehow deterministically chosen using the block header hash similar to how you choose bible verses, since that would be something the pool couldn't determine prior to issuing jobs and each miner would have to retrieve itself for every BibleHash attempt thus requiring them to have access to the full blockchain.

I like the idea of integrating a pool miner with the wallet. It'd make BBP more accessible for users who aren't crypto enthusiasts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gameparadise007

Activity: 442
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:32:29 PM

Hello,

I have a question that I have received 2 blocks but both shows different BiblePay address, so do I have to transfer them to my wallet address.
The address that is showing under the receiving option ?

Sorry its a noob question , but I could find on google.
happy_merchant

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:50:58 PM

Hello,

I have a question that I have received 2 blocks but both shows different BiblePay address, so do I have to transfer them to my wallet address.

A wallet is just a key, there is no "wallet address" exactly. The key can be used to generate addresses belonging to that key. Any BBP sent to any address generated with your key is added to your wallet balance.

Normally, when you mine a block a new address will be automatically generated using your key to receive the block reward. There's no need to condense these funds into a single address, the full balance of your wallet is usable as is.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:32:27 PM

Hello,

A wallet is just a key, there is no "wallet address" exactly. The key can be used to generate addresses belonging to that key. Any BBP sent to any address generated with your key is added to your wallet balance.

Normally, when you mine a block a new address will be automatically generated using your key to receive the block reward. There's no need to condense these funds into a single address, the full balance of your wallet is usable as is.

You are probably thinking about a mnemonic wallet.

This wallet works different to a mnemonic wallet. A wallet is a database for storing private keys of public/private key pairs as well as transactions relating to those keys. When PoW coins generate a reward (like in this case) the reward is tied to the public key (address) and the private key to spend it is in your wallet. Each new block that you solve gets a new address. Your wallet later contains several private keys. The wallet adds up the coins in all your addresses of all the private keys you have control over in your wallet as a wallet total. With coin control you can move coins linked to specific addresses. You can move the coins to one address and consolidate or you can leave them in the separate addresses. In certain cases it is good to consolidate and in other cases it is not necessary. With this coin you do not need to consolidate. Just make sure you make a regular backup of your wallet. In the case of Proof of Stake coins it is sometimes good to consolidate if the staking rewards are based on percentages and the maturity time is long. It is not relevant here though so you can leave them as is. Sometimes when you sit with dust in many addresses, you can do a sweep that will collect everything and place them in one address for housekeeping purposes.

Lets look at it from another angle. Lets say you solved 10 blocks and you have 10 different addresses in your wallet. You can dump the 10 key pairs and import the private addresses into a new wallet and your coins will be there in their different addresses just as per the 1st wallet.

This is why a rich list is never really a rich list because only coins consolidated to one address will be at the top. Someone could have the most coins of all in his wallet but not feature in the top 10 or top 100 for that matter because all his individual addresses will be listed with their small number of coins that were received as block rewards. You will find the individual addresses of your wallet in the block explorer with their block rewards in them. There are ways and means to figure out which accounts are linked to others in a wallet to get a view of possible rich wallets through a process called taint analyses.
Plainkoin

Activity: 116

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 10:27:05 PM

Hello Bible_Pay,

Is "BiblePay 1.0.1.6b - Mandatory Release" the current release available from the website?  Currently only seeing Biblepay Core version 1.0.1.6 (64-bit).

Will a delay in updating local clients cause a fork issue again?  Mining false blocks?

Thank you.

bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 10:47:52 PM

Hello Bible_Pay,

Is "BiblePay 1.0.1.6b - Mandatory Release" the current release available from the website?  Currently only seeing Biblepay Core version 1.0.1.6 (64-bit).

Will a delay in updating local clients cause a fork issue again?  Mining false blocks?

Thank you.

Hi!
  Yes, thats the latest.  (The one on the website is actually the b version).

We would only risk a fork if we have a future mandatory and the supermajority does not upgrade.

A new version is coming in about 4 hours, but it is a non-mandatory:  to address the current mining thread issue.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 10:58:00 PM

Okay, I see what you mean. BibleHash uses the previous block's timestamp in generating the hash, and that information's not provided in a typical stratum job. That definitely raises the bar a little for creating a standalone miner, but not really something that would hamper any serious efforts. Your original historical transaction idea would probably be effective, if the transaction was somehow deterministically chosen using the block header hash similar to how you choose bible verses, since that would be something the pool couldn't determine prior to issuing jobs and each miner would have to retrieve itself for every BibleHash attempt thus requiring them to have access to the full blockchain.

I like the idea of integrating a pool miner with the wallet. It'd make BBP more accessible for users who aren't crypto enthusiasts.

Thanks, it sounds like it would be a great idea to add that historical Tx reference in the hash function in the near future to keep the bar high (around the time we create an alpha pool).  I think we may be able to make an attempt at the qt mining software first, and in testnet during the test phase we can also test out the tx referencing feature, because obviously it would be a mandatory at that point. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 02:24:51 AM

BiblePay 1.0.1.7 - Non-Mandatory Release

- Mining: Update hashmeter every 15 seconds to improve hash throughput; made the miner more resilient; changed caption of networkhashps in getmininginfo
- Blockchain: Added feature that keeps track of WalletFullVersion to allow us to see the % of the network on old wallet versions
- RPC: Added run versionreport (this shows the walletversions by percent on the network but will not work until everyone upgrades), added fullversion to getinfo
- Mining Crash: Added race condition prevention and also we handle one unhandled condition that *may* have caused the mining thread to die (let us test this first so as to isolate the problem)
- Logging: Removed a couple lines of SPAM from the logs

** Please let us know if the mining thread crash is fixed **

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Neli200404

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:24:02 AM

Hey,
I wanted to install the wallet according to the instructions (https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/blob/master/BuildBiblePay.txt), but it only works until I want to execute the autogen.sh file. Then an error says "./autogen.sh: 9: ./autogen.sh: autoreconf: not found" . I have linux mint 17.2.
Can someone help me please? What can be the mistake here?
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:44:49 AM

Hey,
I wanted to install the wallet according to the instructions (https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/blob/master/BuildBiblePay.txt), but it only works until I want to execute the autogen.sh file. Then an error says "./autogen.sh: 9: ./autogen.sh: autoreconf: not found" . I have linux mint 17.2.

Make sure you have installed the dependencies automake. Make sure you have the libtools, autoconf etc.
Neli200404

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:51:35 AM

Hey,

Make sure you have installed the dependencies automake. Make sure you have the libtools, autoconf etc.

Thank you, yes I had to install a lot of packages.. now I am trying to go on Smiley
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 11:25:35 AM

- Mining: Update hashmeter every 15 seconds to improve hash throughput; made the miner more resilient; changed caption of networkhashps in getmininginfo
- Blockchain: Added feature that keeps track of WalletFullVersion to allow us to see the % of the network on old wallet versions
- RPC: Added run versionreport (this shows the walletversions by percent on the network but will not work until everyone upgrades), added fullversion to getinfo
- Mining Crash: Added race condition prevention and also we handle one unhandled condition that *may* have caused the mining thread to die (let us test this first so as to isolate the problem)

It seems like it still get stuck after a period of time here.
civilufo

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 12:00:03 PM

It is really good to see dev very actively involved in the project, especially fixing bug and added new features to the wallet. I'm waiting for the masternode feature Smiley

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 02:38:22 PM

Please clarify what you mean by stuck- you mean a block elapsed time lasted over an hour, or your miner got stuck?

If the latter please post the log portion and also ensure your version actually shows 1017?

On a side note, my miners are still running, we might have solved this issue.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
pudstone

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:05:48 PM

Hi, I'm learning a lot right now and my brain CPU is at 93%.  Is there a set of instructions for overloaded windows users to make this work?  My wife is an elder at our Presbyterian church and this is very interesting.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 04:33:32 PM

Hello.
I want to mine this coin but it would be my first attempt at mining an alt coin.
Am unsure if I can use cpuminer or something similar to connect to the network?
Please advise.
Thanks
Hi JC,

Right now, the PoBh Miner is integrated into the wallet.  If you download Biblepay-qt, run the wallet, go into the RPC console, type setgenerate true 10, and then after about 30 seconds, keep checking the getmininginfo, and ensure your hashps > 0, that means its working.

The forum can help you along the way also to set it up permanently.

Good luck.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 05:15:57 PM

Please clarify what you mean by stuck- you mean a block elapsed time lasted over an hour, or your miner got stuck?

If the latter please post the log portion and also ensure your version actually shows 1017?

On a side note, my miners are still running, we might have solved this issue.

I mean, that nothing changed here testing with 2 pc, after a period of time, maybe an hour, when I check with getmininginfo, the hashrate is not fluctuating, always the same number. So I assume that it isn't mining like previous version.
Slkp

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:43:00 PM

wallet not sync,write please some nodes.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 07:58:56 PM

wallet not sync,write please some nodes.

node.biblepay.org
port: 40000

is a good node.

As far as mining, it looks like the new version is mining after 18 hours, so I would ensure you are running 1017.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 08:29:31 PM

In the biblepay wallet interface "Amount and Rounds" can you explain what this means?
Thanks
Thats for the future private send and instant send feature, but wont work til after Christmas, so you can ignore for now as we have some other panels missing, but I will post more once we are close to testing that in testnet.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: