Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:30:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119794 times)
PewPewGoesTheDuck

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:06:28 AM

can anyone lend a hand to a obvious WIN user. trying to compile on Mint so I can make use of this dual opteron 6272 server...

why cant i locate this? is Libtool not part of the ubuntu repository? thanks for any info-

Can't exec "libtoolize": No such file or directory at /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 345, <GEN7> line 5.
autoreconf: failed to run libtoolize: No such file or directory
autoreconf: libtoolize is needed because this package uses Libtool

I can't speak specifically for this release but it should just be as easy as doing sudo apt-get install libtool. It shows here on the package search https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=libtool. You may have to enable an additional repo to get this package.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PewPewGoesTheDuck

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:10:28 AM

Red flags here..

Does charity really need to have blockchain tech?

I fully support charity but it is sad to see that only 10% will be donated. Why don't the devs just ask for donations and donate it to orphans?? Because this is a money making scheme for the dev and he is using "charity" as a front. So unethical.

You are totally right that the 10% going to a wallet is a concern and everyone should be aware that at any point the dev could run off with the funds. However so far the dev hasn't given us any reason to believe this will be the case and hopefully sometime in the future the plans for setting up a formal auditable charity will be hammered out. Beyond that everyone should expect the 10% to be sold on a regular and ongoing basis to fund that charity.
happy_merchant

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:44:36 AM

You are totally right that the 10% going to a wallet is a concern and everyone should be aware that at any point the dev could run off with the funds. However so far the dev hasn't given us any reason to believe this will be the case and hopefully sometime in the future the plans for setting up a formal auditable charity will be hammered out. Beyond that everyone should expect the 10% to be sold on a regular and ongoing basis to fund that charity.

It'd be kind of a hard scam to pull off in any meaningful way. For that 10% to have any value, BBP would have to have value. Since the platform is based on charity, BBP won't have much value until a transparent charity mechanism is established (you're probably talking 1 sat or less if it got listed on an exchange right now). So basically, the dev(s?) would have to carry through on most of their promises just so they could establish value for the coin, including verifiably using the donation funds for charity, just so at some point in the future they could run off with the balance generated between then and the previous month's charitable donation. I mean, hypothetically it could be worth it if the value rose high enough, but it seems like it'd be a lot easier and less risky to do a scam ICO and just make off with the BTC/ETH.

Even in the worst case scenario and the devs ran off with 10% of 1 month's currency generation after building up value, that wouldn't be catastrophic. All the code for BBP is on GitHub, the community could easily fork the project, change the donation address, and figure out a community-driven way to manage it.
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 02:58:09 AM

Red flags here..

I fully support charity but it is sad to see that only 10% will be donated. Why don't the devs just ask for donations and donate it to orphans?? Because this is a money making scheme for the dev and he is using "charity" as a front. So unethical.
The 10% will be donated every month and you will see where it goes (so it will not be unethical).
To answer the question, if I asked for the money it would be a pump and dump.
This is a long term commitment.
Please read the OP to understand more clearly before commenting.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
btcbabhh

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:07:27 AM

Red flags here..

The 10% will be donated every month and you will see where it goes (so it will not be unethical).
To answer the question, if I asked for the money it would be a pump and dump.
This is a long term commitment.
Please read the OP to understand more clearly before commenting.

the key point is that biblepay still not add in an exchange , how long people will continue to mine it?

cpu algo just for botnet?
gameparadise007

Activity: 442

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:20:22 AM

solo mining is now very difficult her  Undecided
oli123

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 12:13:17 PM

At the beginning i mined a few blocks. Now I have left so much about the difficulty. Wait for the exchange.
sanumao

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 12:39:23 PM

The main thing is perseverance and luck. My i5 today caught two blocks. For nine days of mining 10 blocks were received.
gigabyted

Activity: 906
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:40:38 PM

If someone creates a pool does this mean that we will also have a distinct cpu miner, i would prefer to use a miner instead of the wallet, im used to this technique, i find it weird to mine with the mallet like we do right now.

Just not used to this Smiley

The dev has said that he wants to keep the pool miner with the wallet. A third party could potentially make a standalone miner, but you'd probably still have to run a Biblepay node due to the way BibleHash works so it wouldn't really accomplish much.

If you don't want to run the graphical wallet to mine, you can do it from the command line. If you're on Windows, just run 'biblepayd.exe -gen=1 -genproclimit=<#threads>'  (replace <#threads> with whatever number of threads you want to run). The exe is located in your Biblepay installation folder in the daemon directory.

Alternatively, you can just run biblepayd.exe and then use biblepay-cli.exe to control it using the same commands as in the GUI debug menu (i.e. 'biblepay-cli.exe setgenerate true 4' to enable mining on 4 threads or 'biblepay-cli.exe getmininginfo' to check the current block and hashrate). If you do it that way, you can run biblepayd.exe with the -daemon option to make it run in the background without having to keep a console window open for it.

I have a few computers an home but i don't want to run the wallet on each of them, could i simply run the wallet on a computer and activate daemon=1, listen=1, server=1 and set the rpc settings in the biblepay.conf and set other pc to mine on this, like i used to do back then with bitcoin...

Ive set the config and i can see the wallet listening on its port and if i connect with the browser i see that its listening (of course the browser gives a RPC error but at least it shows that its listening). 

But from there, would there be a way to use the client and point it to the RPC of the wallet (other PC) ?

Thanks
PewPewGoesTheDuck

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:08:54 PM

I have a few computers an home but i don't want to run the wallet on each of them, could i simply run the wallet on a computer and activate daemon=1, listen=1, server=1 and set the rpc settings in the biblepay.conf and set other pc to mine on this, like i used to do back then with bitcoin...

Ive set the config and i can see the wallet listening on its port and if i connect with the browser i see that its listening (of course the browser gives a RPC error but at least it shows that its listening). 

But from there, would there be a way to use the client and point it to the RPC of the wallet (other PC) ?

Thanks

I don't believe so as that would require a standalone miner which  the dev is trying to avoid. However you could use the command line wallet and just use the same wallet in each.
gigabyted

Activity: 906
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:24:05 PM

Thanks

I don't believe so as that would require a standalone miner which  the dev is trying to avoid. However you could use the command line wallet and just use the same wallet in each.

Ok, also i don't really understand why it's bad to have a standalone miner, its the same code just without the wallet.  This coin is GPU/ASIC resistant, so it would still be mined by a CPU just like the wallet does.  Its just a matter of taking the miner code out of the wallet.
PewPewGoesTheDuck

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:02:17 PM

I believe the concern is that if you release a standalone miner then you don't have a lot of people running nodes and with a new coin nodes are important. Plus without a standalone miner it will be more difficult for botnets to start taking over. However I think it is just a matter of time for someone creating one once the pool is finished. It's not that one can't be created just the dev isn't going to dedicate time to it.
Raptor.dashzero

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:16:07 PM

Happy to put my hand up for any testing also.  The 'sanctuary' feature is one of the reasons I have been following this coin. Keep up the good work DEV.
teeneffigy

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:30:52 PM

Red flags here..

So explain to us how this is a money making venture for the dev if there is no premine and no ico. Any coins the dev gets he has to buy or mine himself.

So why is the dev working for free then? Why would anyone work for free? Well I guess he is a good christian and he wants to help people like Jesus showed us.

Aliya Taj

Activity: 226

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:39:08 PM

Smart innovation
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 12:10:51 AM

Red flags here..

So explain to us how this is a money making venture for the dev if there is no premine and no ico. Any coins the dev gets he has to buy or mine himself.

So why is the dev working for free then? Why would anyone work for free? Well I guess he is a good christian and he wants to help people like Jesus showed us.

Yes you are correct; I am doing this for free and will risk my own capital if I want to 'speculate' on Biblepays exchange price Smiley.  Im also going to write the pool and run one of the pools for free (on a side note, running a pool will probably cost about $50 a month + code maintenance, because it appears its going to have a lot of chatter between the server and the 250 or so miners).

As far as taking the miner out of the wallet, I think its important to compensate the full nodes with the block subsidy and not become the next hardware energy wasting network- its our chance to be more efficient.  If each node costs $20 a month in electric, then the subsidies will float around $20 a month in return for running a node (in contrast to paying miners with black boxes who have no intention to run a full node).  The full node is important to broadcast blocks and keep the network running.  As far as 'its just a matter of time' before someone ports it, I think we do have the capability to restrict the miner to a full node by at the very minimum requiring it to do diskindex lookups on things from the hash function, things that cannot be ascertained by black boxes.  Over time this type of network should provide more value to each coin.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
m4tsby

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:19:08 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2017, 02:45:13 PM by m4tsby

is there a slack up for biblepay?

i hate to ask for mining help on this thread but ..uhh.. i cant locate biblepay-qt in any folder after the compile. It looked like it was being built in /src but no.  anyone got time for a troubleshooting session?

thanks,

/edited - question answered
Doken

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

Spanish Translator

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:24:57 AM

Solo mining is a long journey, do you have a pool that I can use it? Can I mining with GPU more faster than with slow CPU?
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:47:50 AM

i hate to ask for mining help on this thread but ..uhh.. i cant locate biblepay-qt in any folder after the compile. It looked like it was being built in /src but no.  anyone got time for a troubleshooting session?

Go one level down into qt, in your example ~/biblepay/src/qt
m4tsby

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:55:07 AM

i hate to ask for mining help on this thread but ..uhh.. i cant locate biblepay-qt in any folder after the compile. It looked like it was being built in /src but no.  anyone got time for a troubleshooting session?

Go one level down into qt, in your example ~/biblepay/src/qt

i feel like a goof.. thanks man. its rolling now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: