Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:21:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119794 times)
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:40:55 AM

I also noticed that the first 2 orphans sponsored have moms that are fully or somewhat around still.

Definition of orphan?

Dictionary.com
- "a child who has lost both parents through death, or, less commonly, one parent."

Merrian-Webster
- "a child deprived by death of one or usually both parents"

Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orphan
- " a child whose parents are dead or have permanently abandoned the child. In common usage, only a child who has lost both parents due to death is called an orphan"

US Legal Definition -
- 'a minor bereft through "death or disappearance of, abandonment or desertion by, or separation or loss from, both parents"'

United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), Joint United Nations Programme on HIV and AIDS (UNAIDS)
- "any child that has lost one parent"

===========

Charity Research:

Compassion International Wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compassion_International

"Christian humanitarian aid child sponsorship organization dedicated to the long-term development of children living in poverty around the world."

"organization provides aid to more than 1,700,000 children"

"founded in 1952 by Everett Swanson to help children orphaned by war in South Korea,
 the next year he developed sponsorship programs to help support orphans for a few dollars a month."

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ginzink

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:59:00 AM

On a side not, the price is rising which means we will support even more children in need next month!
TheKingInYellow

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

Have you found the Yellow Sign?

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:06:02 PM

Really kicking myself for not having a bid set at 9 sat. This project is going places. I expect a higher price because that will translate into less selling needed to support the orphans, something I'm sure all of us in the free market wish for.

Also; I like the idea of a scheduled and transparent monthly "dump" (if you want to call it that) because it will facilitate buyers knowing when is a good time to get bidding on Biblepay. Next month I'll definitely have a hawkeye on the market. The only reason this month's auction affected the price so heavily is because people like me didn't know it was coming at a specific date and weren't prepared.

DAPS Project, anonymizing assets for the world. Controlling your financial sovereignty is your right, join now!
DAPS (Decentralized - Anonymous - Payment - System)
Zero-Knowledge Proofs - Revolutionary Proof-Of-Audit algo - Masternodes - PoSv3 - Worldwide community
m4tsby

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:10:11 PM

are we really getting wrapped around the axle on whether or not these children are truly orphaned by definition? I can assure you, even with 1 parent, where they reside they are in dire straits and Compassion is legit enough to actually get the funds to the family...which isnt always easy to find in a charity.
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:22:45 PM

Really kicking myself for not having a bid set at 9 sat. This project is going places. I expect a higher price because that will translate into less selling needed to support the orphans, something I'm sure all of us in the free market wish for.

Also; I like the idea of a scheduled and transparent monthly "dump" (if you want to call it that) because it will facilitate buyers knowing when is a good time to get bidding on Biblepay. Next month I'll definitely have a hawkeye on the market. The only reason this month's auction affected the price so heavily is because people like me didn't know it was coming at a specific date and weren't prepared.

Shhhh.... Please talk it silently, this is my next month plan actually  Tongue
GeniusX

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:42:26 PM

i take the leadership on leaderboard! Grin
inblue

Merit: 103

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:54:12 PM

Good, finally a non-anon leading the pool. Grin

Maybe I'll catch you when the thread limit is removed. Tongue
GeniusX

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:59:08 PM

Good, finally a non-anon leading the pool. Grin

Maybe I'll catch you when the thread limit is removed. Tongue

Hahah i feel you brat. How many cores do you have ,btw
Ginzink

Merit: 118

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:34:05 PM

Too bad i dont have threaripper, it would rip me an awesome amount of bible
inblue

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:40:08 PM

How many cores do you have ,btw

16 cores, 32 threads, but now it's on 24. You?
GeniusX

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:54:05 PM

How many cores do you have ,btw

16 cores, 32 threads, but now it's on 24. You?

2x 24 cores

1x 16 cores

1x23 cores all rented.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:17:10 PM

Which CPU would be better and rough estimates of hashes:

7th gen Core i7 7700K 4 core
Xeon E5 2683V4 16 core
Xeon E5 2690V4 14 core
fpsnerd

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:28:00 PM

Once i close the pool is impossible to log in again after

i did press log out
inblue

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:44:29 PM

Xeon E5 2683V4 16 core
Xeon E5 2690V4 14 core

I don't know if numbers from this list correlate to hashing speed, but at least it's somewhat informative. But I see E5-2683 v4 is missing. Nevertheless those E5s seem to be much stronger than 7700K.

i did press log out

Press logout a few more times then try to login again.
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Again, let me say that a monthly liquidation should be changed to a weekly liquidation.  And it should occur at a random time between Friday noon and Saturday midnight (or whatever time you "day traders" have noticed the overall crypto markets are generally higher).  Once the fund/price grows to the point where a sale will be over $500 (just picking a number) the sale should be done daily.

This will do two things, one, a more frequent liquidation will lock in the current value, reducing uncertainty for the Orphan Fund.  Two, more frequent (especially daily) liquidations will have less overall impact on the market, keeping it stronger.  Third, by liquidating at a random time once per week (or random time each day), it minimizes the "day trading" effect and gives no one an advantage.  This encourages purchases and sales based solely on the actual strength of the coin or person's belief in the system.

Finally, let me beg the Dev to reconsider sponsoring all 74 orphans at once.  Please look into at the very least, paying a year at a time (which according to compassion.com can be done) and really explore the idea of paying the entire term of an orphan at once to minimize possible disruptions.  I do feel this project has the great potential for a long life, but the disruption a dropped sponsorship can cause to a child is not worth the hope we can help more out at once.  Let the project grow, let it flourish and help the world at a slower but more sustainable rate.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
fpsnerd

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:11:07 PM

Xeon E5 2683V4 16 core
Xeon E5 2690V4 14 core

I don't know if numbers from this list correlate to hashing speed, but at least it's somewhat informative. But I see E5-2683 v4 is missing. Nevertheless those E5s seem to be much stronger than 7700K.

i did press log out

not working at all but thanks anyway  Smiley
inblue

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:19:14 PM

Again, let me say that a monthly liquidation should be changed to a weekly liquidation.  And it should occur at a random time between Friday noon and Saturday midnight (or whatever time you "day traders" have noticed the overall crypto markets are generally higher).  Once the fund/price grows to the point where a sale will be over $500 (just picking a number) the sale should be done daily.

This will do two things, one, a more frequent liquidation will lock in the current value, reducing uncertainty for the Orphan Fund.  Two, more frequent (especially daily) liquidations will have less overall impact on the market, keeping it stronger.  Third, by liquidating at a random time once per week (or random time each day), it minimizes the "day trading" effect and gives no one an advantage.  This encourages purchases and sales based solely on the actual strength of the coin or person's belief in the system.

Finally, let me beg the Dev to reconsider sponsoring all 74 orphans at once.  Please look into at the very least, paying a year at a time (which according to compassion.com can be done) and really explore the idea of paying the entire term of an orphan at once to minimize possible disruptions.  I do feel this project has the great potential for a long life, but the disruption a dropped sponsorship can cause to a child is not worth the hope we can help more out at once.  Let the project grow, let it flourish and help the world at a slower but more sustainable rate.

Rational thoughts right there, I agree with your opinion.

Btw, your signature links to some old thread because it's missing a couple of digits.

not working at all but thanks anyway  Smiley

Maybe you have some problem with your browser, possibly Javascript or something of the sort, because I remember you were also the only one that couldn't register. So maybe something prevents you from submitting forms correctly. Did you try from a different browser?
fpsnerd

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:27:48 PM

Rational thoughts right there, I agree with your opinion.

Btw, your signature links to some old thread because it's missing a couple of digits.

not working at all but thanks anyway  Smiley

Maybe you have some problem with your browser, possibly Javascript or something of the sort, because I remember you were also the only one that couldn't register. So maybe something prevents you from submitting forms correctly. Did you try from a different browser?

yes i did with microsoft edge , google chrome and mozilla firefox  thanks again no worry i will find other stuff to mine  Smiley
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:55:54 PM

I just used google chrome to log in and out of the pool website just fine, hmmm

happy_merchant

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:56:36 PM

I agree. Sponsoring a child to adulthood in one go would potentially be up to ~$10,000 USD depending on their current age so that's probably not realistic at this point, but yearly sounds doable. Then you could cycle through the sponsorships every liquidation and keep adding years until they're fully funded. It's hard to predict what will happen to crypto 10+ years from now, especially with governments stepping in and attempting to regulate it, so this would minimize damage in the worst case scenario where the project becomes unsustainable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: