Bitcoin Forum
September 24, 2018, 01:11:26 AM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e hacked ??  (Read 198564 times)
omarabid

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:36:28 PM

Are you saying they are running fractional right now?
Hell yeah on fiat for sure.
Seems to be fine on crypto reserves.

I wouldn't assume either way. It's certainly possible that they are insolvent. But they debited 39-45% of peoples' funds from their accounts to account for that shortfall. It's very possible that the admins were selling coins OTC to rebuild their fiat reserves.

We also don't know how much of their fiat reserves were actually frozen and how much was sufficiently unaffiliated with BTC-E. I think their bigger problem is inability to easily move fiat, which is no surprise. We know none of Mayzus' companies will work with WEX now. Tongue

they seem to be re-establishing fiat tunnels now. I assume they "somehow" own/run advcash. But now they have tether too and a handful of other options I don't know.

What a world we are living in.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make a difference with your Ether.
Donate Ether for the greater good.
SPRING.WETRUST.IO
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MAbtc

Activity: 784
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:01:19 PM

they seem to be re-establishing fiat tunnels now. I assume they "somehow" own/run advcash. But now they have tether too and a handful of other options I don't know.

What a world we are living in.

Yes, my suspicion from the day of launch was that Advcash is operated by them. Perhaps others, too. It would be impossible to establish that from online sleuthing, but it's conceivable that they would buy a payment processor and operate as they always have. Why not?

They accepted Tether for deposits earlier this year; it's possible they held some in reserve. I imagine they may have acquired a good deal from Bitfinex, given the apparent demand for fiat output. Hopefully the exodus blows over and the exchange is viable for the longer term.
erk

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:01:53 PM

Looks like Vinnik is going to be extradited to the US, though I think his lawyers get to appeal the decision.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/alleged-btc-e-admin-bitcoin-launderer-will-extradited-u-s/

I am still not entirely clear on what crimes he has supposed to have committed in the US that warrant extradition.

All the Mt Gox claims are largely irrelevant because Mt Gox was based in Japan.

economist

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 08:27:40 PM

ETHET trade at 40% now

Luckily I sold at almost 50%, and recovered over 80% of funds which is great. Business as usual now Smiley
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1398

no FOMO

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 08:59:28 PM

Looks like Vinnik is going to be extradited to the US, though I think his lawyers get to appeal the decision.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/alleged-btc-e-admin-bitcoin-launderer-will-extradited-u-s/

I am still not entirely clear on what crimes he has supposed to have committed in the US that warrant extradition.

like they are going to give us back our Gox losses out of the seized finds...yeah right... Roll Eyes

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
illyiller

Activity: 619
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:12:56 PM

like they are going to give us back our Gox losses out of the seized finds...yeah right... Roll Eyes

What seized funds? The feds didn't even announce any. Maybe the funds that Mayzus "froze" will be turned over to the US, maybe not. The fact that they couldn't seize anything outright to announce front-and-center on the press release makes me doubtful. The FBI fucked this case up royally, and they will probably crucify Vinnik, placing all blame for wrongdoing at his feet, in order to save face.

As for the crimes he committed... the proceeds he allegedly laundered belonged (custodially) to customers who were largely American. It doesn't matter where MT Gox was organized in that respect. But indeed, this is just a pretense for an attempted cash grab that just fucked over BTC-E's customers (including many Americans). The fact that the indictment points out that BTC-E was serving so many Americans just proves they don't give a shit about their citizens. It also suggests that any seized money isn't going to Mt Gox victims.
omarabid

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:11:13 PM

3% withdrawal fee for advcash now. getting more reasonable.
illyiller

Activity: 619
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:57:25 PM

They've also lowered the withdrawal fee to 2% for PerfectMoney. Definitely an improvement. Good thing, because the only way these markets are viable is if people believe they can get their money out. The temporary 10% withdrawal fees looked very scary, because they looked like they were intended to prevent a bank run. And in that situation, one has to wonder how solvent WEX is in regards to fiat funds held.

I'd still like to see more volume, but the situation looks better than it did some weeks ago.
JamesNoJosh

Activity: 60

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:01:05 PM

10,000 DOLLARS REWARD AND BOUNTY

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@thejamesfund/usd10-000-reward-bounty-or-split-among-individual-s-in-helping-me-blasting-btc-e-aka-wex-nz-info-below

omarabid

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:47:30 PM

They've also lowered the withdrawal fee to 2% for PerfectMoney. Definitely an improvement. Good thing, because the only way these markets are viable is if people believe they can get their money out. The temporary 10% withdrawal fees looked very scary, because they looked like they were intended to prevent a bank run. And in that situation, one has to wonder how solvent WEX is in regards to fiat funds held.

I'd still like to see more volume, but the situation looks better than it did some weeks ago.

2% now. Premium for bitcoin is also down. Interestingly the price for their token is also down. I might pick some.
JamesNoJosh

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:39:29 AM

Exchange is a scam. I'm havent gotten tech support for my account for 4 months now.
omarabid

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:34:43 AM

Exchange is a scam. I'm havent gotten tech support for my account for 4 months now.

Exchange is not a scam but they are going through some rough times. I did pick some debt token and might pick more if it dips further.

remember that they could have simply "run away" and just left us with this page: btc-e.com
JamesNoJosh

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:08:10 PM

Exchange is not a scam but they are going through some rough times. I did pick some debt token and might pick more if it dips further.

remember that they could have simply "run away" and just left us with this page: btc-e.com

IF THEY AREN'T A SCAM THEN WHY ARE THEY GIVING THE THE PEOPLE THE RUN AROUND WHEN THEY HAVE ALL THE INFO TO LET BLOCK ACCOUNTS BACK

LOOK AT LINK

IT'S A $10,000 USD CASH REWARD OR CRYPO CURRENCY OF  YOUR CHOICE

You are screwed

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@thejamesfund/usd10-000-reward-bounty-or-split-among-individual-s-in-helping-me-blasting-btc-e-aka-wex-nz-info-below
erk

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:20:21 PM

IF THEY AREN'T A SCAM THEN WHY ARE THEY GIVING THE THE PEOPLE THE RUN AROUND WHEN THEY HAVE ALL THE INFO TO LET BLOCK ACCOUNTS BACK

LOOK AT LINK

IT'S A $10,000 USD CASH REWARD OR CRYPO CURRENCY OF  YOUR CHOICE

You are screwed

You wrote that to smear  didn't you. It's not hard to tell when people publish crap like that, knowing perfectly well no support staff are ever going to read it because they are Russian and don't read english posts let alone on forums.

People with genuine support issues should be smart enough to figure out how to contact the Russian support staff seeing they are on WEX every day in  Russian chat.

But I presume you are just trolling, hence the caps and bad grammar, and not really interested in solving genuine support issues.

JamesNoJosh

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:25:04 AM

LOOK AT LINK

IT'S A $10,000 USD CASH REWARD OR CRYPO CURRENCY OF  YOUR CHOICE

You are screwed

You wrote that to smear  didn't you. It's not hard to tell when people publish crap like that, knowing perfectly well no support staff are ever going to read it because they are Russian and don't read english posts let alone on forums.

People with genuine support issues should be smart enough to figure out how to contact the Russian support staff seeing they are on WEX every day in  Russian chat.

But I presume you are just trolling, hence the caps and bad grammar, and not really interested in solving genuine support issues.

Yes I am one of the HUNDREDS or THOUSANDS of people that are screwed out of the Money. Offering $10,000 USD is not a smear read it.
omarabid

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:52:43 PM

LOOK AT LINK

IT'S A $10,000 USD CASH REWARD OR CRYPO CURRENCY OF  YOUR CHOICE

You are screwed

i got my money back. I assume there will be always people in particular situations.
SDRebel

Activity: 550
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:09:04 AM

so what's the status so far guys? I took the reduced withdrawal, but interested in seeing what has happened since
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:12:46 AM

Looks like the old deposit addresses still work and are active.

I did not realize some of my miners are mining to an old address directly which was BTC-E and have since been paying to that address every week.

I just found out and when I checked that old BTC-E address is still active and being spent to other addresses. Needless to say the new site does not use the old deposit address so can't get it through that.

So someone is still playing with a bunch of BTC in that account.

Go Big or Go Home.
erk

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:20:27 AM

I did not realize some of my miners are mining to an old address directly which was BTC-E and have since been paying to that address every week.

I just found out and when I checked that old BTC-E address is still active and being spent to other addresses. Needless to say the new site does not use the old deposit address so can't get it through that.

Well you have lost that money most likely.
They were addresses in hot wallets FBI may have now if the got at the private keys.

squatter

Activity: 896
Merit: 606

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:02:04 AM

Well you have lost that money most likely.
They were addresses in hot wallets FBI may have now if the got at the private keys.

Well, BTC-e should have the keys to those wallets. It's possible that the FBI could have them as well, although it's possible (rather, probable) that the keys were encrypted, and encrypted well. It could take months or years for them to crack the encryption under some circumstances.

I'm guessing that WEX/BTC-e is moving those coins, and I'll bet thedreamer isn't the only one still depositing into the old wallets. For their sake, I hope they are hiding their tracks before mixing any of those coins in with WEX's wallets.

Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.