Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:55:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e hacked ??  (Read 199684 times)
youpeoplewhy

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:08:33 PM

Am I just missing something, or are you people actually this stupid. Here's the axioms:
You believe there's going to be a trading site that will give non US customers more than the 55% refund.
You believe that non verified customers will have no access to withdrawal.
You are a US customer.

This is not a serious problem. If you have substantial money in that account then sell the account to someone in another country for a 5-10% loss. Don't black hole a potential 45%, that's just insane. Get on a plane, go to Australia, visit a university tech meetup, buy your new mates a drink, problem solved.

What am I missing here?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:11:45 PM

Maybe they can see

ll
ll
ll
ll
ll
V

Why they didn't give any information about the conditions that we will find on sept 15th HuhHuhHuh? WHY?Huh? It's shady and dangerous for risking at 15th September.
It will require verification to withdraw? specially for koins? withdraw is limited without verification Or impossible without it?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
How can someone properly decide if he do not know all the conditions?HuhHuhHuhHuh?

THIS POST SHOULD ALL BE IN CAPS TO MAKE THE AREGUMENT MORE COMPELLING 4/10 PLEASE TRY AGAIN

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
SDRebel

Activity: 569
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:29:23 PM

I've asked for a refund. The 55% BTC has been transferred to me last night. However the BCH has not yet been sent. Anyone else with this problem? Or maybe they do BTC and BCH in different batches?
how long did it take for what you have received? i requested mine but have not received anything
SDRebel

Activity: 569
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:31:12 PM

I assume fiat balances will be converted to coin on 15th?
If the value of coin is higher on 15th than now the conversion will result in less coin.
This should be compensated by the increase in the 55% that they intimated, but it all seems a bit vague.
Currently for those optiong for a refund timing is quite important...
sorry, but that's just wishful thinking
manchester93

Activity: 251
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:56:02 PM

If the value of coin is higher on 15th than now the conversion will result in less coin.
This should be compensated by the increase in the 55% that they intimated, but it all seems a bit vague.

I don't think fiat balances will be converted. I think they plan to offer some limited fiat withdrawal options (even if only cash by courier or something). This is supported by the fact that they are offering USD/USDET markets. That's why staying until the 15th is unattractive for fiat folders. I'm not sure if their USD markets will reflect the real value of USD.
cryptomole

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:13:24 PM

I don't think fiat balances will be converted. I think they plan to offer some limited fiat withdrawal options (even if only cash by courier or something). This is supported by the fact that they are offering USD/USDET markets. That's why staying until the 15th is unattractive for fiat folders. I'm not sure if their USD markets will reflect the real value of USD.

Thanks for the clarification.
Thats really crap!
They will be losing some potentially loyal customers by driving them away before the 15th.
It seems their current refund option is better than the uncertainty of waiting.
It would be fair enough if their tokens were like tether and tracked the usd price but the chances are their value will drop while crypto rises...
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:14:10 PM

Some claim btc-e has said in Russian forum that small withdrawals will work without verification...

But what is a small withdrawel?

Is it 100 usd? 1000 usd? or even 10000 usd?

I'm fine giving my name and get a daily limit on my withdrawels, but I'm not fine giving a copy of my ID.
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:40:57 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2017, 08:35:22 PM by erk

Maybe they can see

ll
ll
ll
ll
ll
V

Why they didn't give any information about the conditions that we will find on sept 15th HuhHuhHuh? WHY?Huh? It's shady and dangerous for risking at 15th September.
It will require verification to withdraw? specially for koins? withdraw is limited without verification Or impossible without it?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
How can someone properly decide if he do not know all the conditions?HuhHuhHuhHuh?

They BTC-e admins are Russian, the don't read English forums threads, but don't let me stop you from acting like an idiot.

Error 522

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:45:28 PM

Some claim btc-e has said in Russian forum that small withdrawals will work without verification...

But what is a small withdrawel?

Is it 100 usd? 1000 usd? or even 10000 usd?

I'm fine giving my name and get a daily limit on my withdrawels, but I'm not fine giving a copy of my ID.

unknown at the moment
larkinvain

Activity: 1120
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:24:10 PM

With so much not known it was the safest thing to withdraw before the 15th. I don't blame  BTC-E for not giving all the information as a lot may not be finalized with the new company that is taking over. What they are trying to do involves a lot of moving parts and a lot of legal counsel. 

I'm thinking there's still a lot of negotiations going on right now and that refunding 55% now with the agreement to forfeit 45% will help their position with the new investment company.
Freecrypto1337

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:57:26 PM

Why they didn't give any information about the conditions that we will find on sept 15th??

Not because they are shady.... you are on th wrong track.

Just think about it.

Why should they provide detailed information about the new site now.
They don't want you to feel too save. Everytime somebody chooses the 55% and runs away their debt is decreasing.

The only thing that worries me is at what exchange rate USD will be converted into coins. At the rate of the 15th or the actual ONE

erk

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:02:34 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2017, 06:24:22 AM by erk

Why they didn't give any information about the conditions that we will find on sept 15th??

Not because they are shady.... you are on th wrong track.

Just think about it.

Why should they provide detailed information about the new site now.
They don't want you to feel too save. Everytime somebody chooses the 55% and runs away their debt is decreasing.

The only thing that worries me is at what exchange rate USD will be converted into coins. At the rate of the 15th or the actual ONE

How about you just think about it.

BTC-e admin said an entirely new organization/investors are taking over after the 15th.
It's up to the new owners to decide what information to give out after they take over.
They are toughening up there AML/KYC verification to European standards, so you will need ID similar to Bitstamp which is also in Europe.
larkinvain

Activity: 1120
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:30:34 AM

Just wondering if anyone got BCH yet? So far everything came in except Bitcoin Cash.
stingray454

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:53:10 AM

So if fiat does NOT get converted, and the fiat withdrawal is very limited.. Our fiat is stuck there? I'm guessing people will be reluctant to sell their BTC / similar for fiat if it will be hard getting it off the site.
cryptomole

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:01:31 AM

So if fiat does NOT get converted, and the fiat withdrawal is very limited.. Our fiat is stuck there? I'm guessing people will be reluctant to sell their BTC / similar for fiat if it will be hard getting it off the site.

They really have provided very little to go on to clarify the position with fiat! There is nothing about fiat in their FAQ
They seem to be treating people with fiat balances very poorly with a singular lack of information.
People are having to second guess their intentions.
As a result they will be losing a lot of otherwise loyal customers!

The only official info I can find is on an old FAQ

"What will happen to the fiat in the users' accounts?
The team of lawyers works on fiat, which decide how to return access to it. At the moment, you will be able to deduce 55% in koin."

Can anybody quote anything they have said that provides any info about treatment of fiat balances?

It seems with current info and lack of info they are forcing fiat holders to choose the refund option!

Please can anybody post any actuall quote relating to their proposals?
erk

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:11:38 AM

They really have provided very little to go on to clarify the position with fiat! There is nothing about fiat in their FAQ
They seem to be treating people with fiat balances very poorly with a singular lack of information.
People are having to second guess their intentions.
As a result they will be losing a lot of otherwise loyal customers!

The only official info I can find is on an old FAQ

"What will happen to the fiat in the users' accounts?
The team of lawyers works on fiat, which decide how to return access to it. At the moment, you will be able to deduce 55% in koin."

Can anybody quote anything they have said that provides any info about treatment of fiat balances?

It seems with current info and lack of info they are forcing fiat holders to choose the refund option!

Please can anybody post any actuall quote relating to their proposals?
Just read the FAQ, Refund and Update pages on their website it's all in there, they have said exactly what is happening with the website.

MAbtc

Merit: 508

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:27:05 AM

Just read the FAQ, Refund and Update pages on their website it's all in there, they have said exactly what is happening with the website.

No, that's not entirely true. A lot of people are under the mistaken impression that their fiat balances (at least the 55%+ portion) will be converted to BTC/LTC/ETH when the new site launches. And I can see why people think this; refunding fiat users with this formula was the only solution they provided on the forums and the only thing that we are seeing in practice.

The fact that we can see the USD/USDET market on the tokens page, though, tells me otherwise. That tells me that fiat holders are getting fiat money credited to their accounts when the new site launches. How valuable is that fiat money going to be? How reliably can they get it to customers? If it gets frozen during transfer due to association with BTC-e, can you reliably get the money back in your account? When these types of issues have happened in the past, that is not always the case. Dealing with their support can be......challenging.

This is one of the reasons why the refund might be optimal for some users. Another reason is that users can immediately take advantage (or at least hedge against) the current volatility.
Error 522

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:30:17 AM

Why bother taking fiat off site, just buy btc send to your btc wallet and then sell via a local fully legalized exchange...

Unless u try to avoid the taxman...
stingray454

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:45:01 AM

Why bother taking fiat off site, just buy btc send to your btc wallet and then sell via a local fully legalized exchange...

But that's my point.. If there is a site where you can sell your BTC for fiat, but not get the fiat out of the site.. would you sell? No. There would be nobody selling coins for fiat, so that's not an option.
cryptomole

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:48:05 AM

Thats all well and good if fiat balances are true fiat balances, however if fiat balances are represented as fiat tokens whose value may change and do not represent true USD value, particularly if people dump tokens and value drops.
There is not enough clarification to allow one to make a decision.
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: