Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:40:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e hacked ??  (Read 199686 times)
newhyips

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:08:41 PM

+1 I support them

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:05:17 PM

I put btcs in my acc,i sold some btcs.
So now have some btcs and some fiat.
My account its not verified.
In 15 sept ill have my account ready for trade, so means i can buy btcs with my fiat and withdrawl without verification?
I dont need withdrawl fiat
Or as i have fiat need verification?

Thx

I can't find anything new that contradicts their previous statement that trading will not require verification. It is has been difficult to verify all details, though, since some of the details were only offered in Russian (i.e. before the News and Refund pages were available).

My understanding is that you will receive fiat obligations in your account on 9/15, and you can trade those for BTC or other coins after that time without verification. Withdrawing coins will apparently not require verification. I would be slightly worried about fiat balances, though, because things are not 100% clear.
btceeeeeeee

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:42:27 AM

Has anyone had the incorrect amount of funds from PAMM accounts refunded to them? The refund I have is about 21% of the amount it should be. They said all calculations would be correct by September 11th, but that's today and its not correct. I have a message from one of my PAMM subscribers that they also have much less than they should have, although they did not tell me the percentage, which I will ask for.

When I first logged into my account on September 2nd, I saw the correct balance for my account, in terms of normal account funds + PAMM account funds. The next day that balance had changed to only normal account funds (best case scenario, I thought they had taken out the PAMM portion to make proper calculations), and now they are shortchanging me, and maybe other people.
bigguy597

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:51:23 AM

In 15 sept ill have my account ready for trade, so means i can buy btcs with my fiat and withdrawl without verification?

Thx

I can't find anything new that contradicts their previous statement that trading will not require verification. It is has been difficult to verify all details, though, since some of the details were only offered in Russian (i.e. before the News and Refund pages were available).

My understanding is that you will receive fiat obligations in your account on 9/15, and you can trade those for BTC or other coins after that time without verification. Withdrawing coins will apparently not require verification. I would be slightly worried about fiat balances, though, because things are not 100% clear.

Thx,its what i understand,and i hope Smiley
OMlite

Activity: 55

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:43:44 AM

The last update solve all your questions Smiley

Dear Btc-e users!

Let's refresh the list of main questions:

The launch date of the new platform has changed - 15.09.2017!

Is verification of btc-e users necessary on a new platform?
Users can conduct the following operations without verification - trading on all pairs, withdrawal and deposit of funds through codes of the new platform (btc-e code analogue) and also deposit and withdrawal of coins.

Why do I need a verification?
Verification is needed for those users, who need to withdraw or deposit fiat funds through wire transfer, sepa or other payment systems, where identity check is mandatory.

Can I withdraw my funds from the account at the day of the launch of the new platform?
Yes.
After the launch of the platform you will be able to find info about main ways of withdrawal on your account. We have widened the net of our partners and agents. If you want to become our partner or agent (in your city or country), then write a ticket to the partners section https://wex.kayako.com/.
Also new ways of fiat withdrawal and deposit will be available (RF, Ukraine, RB, Kazakhstan, Europe, Asia - any bank).

Can I withdraw my coins from the account at the day of the launch of the new platform?
Yes.

“ Please give us a specific answer about fiat. If I had all my funds in USD in my account, will I have the same funds + tokens on my new account, or coins + tokens?”

At the day of the launch of the new platform part of funds will be converted to tokens. There will be no conversion of fiat to coins. Recalculation will be made with a higher ratio than 55/45.

What will be the limits for fiat and coins withdrawal?
All data about limits will be available on 15.09.2017.

What accounts must be necessarily authorized?
Accounts that were blocked before 25.07.2017 (when you enter the website you see a message “Your account has been blocked. Please contact the support”).
Accounts for which an email change is necessary.
Accounts where 2fa must be removed.
Accounts where white IPs list must be deleted.

Beldar

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:01:24 AM

Just Awsome.

New platform will be as the old one.

One more question I would like they answer.

What is the chance of survival for new platform before the US DoJ strikes again ?
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 12:30:30 PM

What is the chance of survival for new platform before the US DoJ strikes again ?

It depends on various factors, from which the most important is whether or not they manage to successfully distance themselves from their hefty allegations, and if they end up settling the $110M fine. Important difference is that they are looking to do everything according to the rules now, which dramatically decreases the chances of them being forced to shut down again. Another important factor is that they are not offering services to US citizens anymore. I personally will just withdraw my crypto funds when the relaunched platform allows me to do so, where after that I just keep holding my tokens until they reach an appropriate value (i.e a value close to issue price) so I can liquidate them. I am not going to use them again, I'll happily stick to Bitstamp.
Sukovsky

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:54:49 PM

Good that they are repeating the 'higher than 55/45 ratio" for stayers. It also seems that they will have FIAT services as well from day 1. I'm optimistic that when the new exchange goes online and enough trading takes places, fees will make sure the tokens can be redeemed in the future.

Regarding the FBI: They probably won't have a legal base to interfere when they are no longer dealing with US citizens. And even if they do, you can see from the last indictment, that it takes at least 6 months to get the exchange down after the judge has made the call. And before a judge even approves such an indictment, that's probably a big process as well.

cryptomole

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:45:54 PM

Thx

The clincher for me was this:

What is verification needed for?
If you plan to enter and display Fiat, verification is necessary.

Do I need to be verified on a new site in order to withdraw the koin?
No.

Do I need to undergo verification in order to start trading on a new site?
If the balance of the account on the new site is replenished in koin, then no. If in fiat, then yes.
miner16

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:05:53 PM

This has now changed, the only reason now to verify is:

Verification is needed for those users, who need to withdraw or deposit fiat funds through wire transfer, sepa or other payment systems, where identity check is mandatory.

Users can conduct the following operations without verification - trading on all pairs, withdrawal and deposit of funds through codes of the new platform (btc-e code analogue) and also deposit and withdrawal of coins.

All trading in USD pairs and holding $ is fine and requires no verification as of latest update.
cryptomole

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:12:32 PM

This has now changed, the only reason now to verify is:

All trading in USD pairs and holding $ is fine and requires no verification as of latest update.

Ah ok - I didnt see this update.
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:17:38 PM

Good that they are repeating the 'higher than 55/45 ratio" for stayers. It also seems that they will have FIAT services as well from day 1. I'm optimistic that when the new exchange goes online and enough trading takes places, fees will make sure the tokens can be redeemed in the future.

Regarding the FBI: They probably won't have a legal base to interfere when they are no longer dealing with US citizens. And even if they do, you can see from the last indictment, that it takes at least 6 months to get the exchange down after the judge has made the call. And before a judge even approves such an indictment, that's probably a big process as well.

Where was the legal base when they seized the servers? First the DoJ starts off with some rant about Vinnik and Mt Gox. Mt Gox was not in the US, it was in Japan and Karpeles is not a US citizen he is French.  So they seized the BTC-e servers with a search warrant, most likely they were sniffing for information to actually charge someone with something because they didn't have any. Think about that!
gnurta

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:27:23 AM

Where was the legal base when they seized the servers? First the DoJ starts off with some rant about Vinnik and Mt Gox. Mt Gox was not in the US, it was in Japan and Karpeles is not a US citizen he is French.  So they seized the BTC-e servers with a search warrant, most likely they were sniffing for information to actually charge someone with something because they didn't have any. Think about that!

The U.S. agents seized funds from btc-e exchange. So if btc-e owners want to challenge the DoJ's decision in court, they need to reveal their identity first. How does that sound to you?
Beldar

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:31:28 AM

The U.S. agents seized funds from btc-e exchange. So if btc-e owners want to challenge the DoJ's decision in court, they need to reveal their identity first. How does that sound to you?

I don't see the problem if you are a legitimate user and you don't use the exchange to hide money from your goverment.
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:52:45 AM

How did the US seize funds without knowing the owners identity? Did they just pick someone's funds at random?

Beldar

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:04:15 PM

How did the US seize funds without knowing the owners identity? Did they just pick someone's funds at random?

Probably following the wires. It could happens that they only could find companies behind other companies behind straw man. At least that is what often happens when Spanish justice tries to prosecute politicians and their ilegal business.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 01:22:24 PM

What makes you think that they don't know who the owners are?

Look, you often accuse people that they are talking straight out of their ass, but the same is fully applicable to you. You ask questions which implicitly assume some premises which are not yet known or firmly established themselves. More specifically, you ask a question about how the Feds could seize the funds without knowing who the owners are (absolutely the same pertains to the poster whom you replied to). But you (as well as that poster) can't claim that the Feds don't already know about the owners everything they wanted to know. If they didn't tell us, it doesn't in the least mean that they didn't find out by now

omarabid

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:13:20 PM

so they are not implementing KYC. Lol. long life btce  Kiss

and to the doomsayers, let's just wait a couple more days.
Behemot2

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:18:19 PM

I don't see the problem if you are a legitimate user and you don't use the exchange to hide money from your goverment.
What is it to some goverment into my moneyz? Huh
Beldar

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:28:14 AM

What is it to some goverment into my moneyz? Huh

Well if you have incomes and properties you have to declare them and pay taxes. You could have an undelcared incomes and hide them in an exchange. Then you can trade and get profits and you must declare it if you don't you could be charged as tax evader so you would like to stay anonimous and do not verify and show your identity to any exchange that claims to be compliance with KYC/AML laws.
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: