Bitcoin Forum
November 17, 2018, 01:53:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.0 [Torrent].
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e hacked ??  (Read 198571 times)
erk
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 812
Merit: 500


View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:28:42 PM
 #2181

I read it if you withdraw the 55%, you accept the 45% as tokens (not you lose it).

Depends on when you withdraw.

Quote
Tomorrow, on September 2, 2017, it will be possible to withdraw 55% of the funds from the account in koins on the condition that our debt obligations are abandoned to the remaining 45% of funds in the form of tokens.
So if you cash out 55% tomorrow, BTC-e are not obliged to give you tokens for the remaining 45%, so you take a 45% hit.
Look at it as the "withdrawal fee from hell" for those that are impatient.

1542419599
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1542419599

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1542419599
Reply with quote  #2

1542419599
Report to moderator
1542419599
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1542419599

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1542419599
Reply with quote  #2

1542419599
Report to moderator
1542419599
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1542419599

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1542419599
Reply with quote  #2

1542419599
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1542419599
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1542419599

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1542419599
Reply with quote  #2

1542419599
Report to moderator
1542419599
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1542419599

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1542419599
Reply with quote  #2

1542419599
Report to moderator
1542419599
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1542419599

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1542419599
Reply with quote  #2

1542419599
Report to moderator
manchester93
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 247
Merit: 254



View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:42:19 PM
 #2182

I read it if you withdraw the 55%, you accept the 45% as tokens (not you lose it).

Depends on when you withdraw.

Quote
Tomorrow, on September 2, 2017, it will be possible to withdraw 55% of the funds from the account in koins on the condition that our debt obligations are abandoned to the remaining 45% of funds in the form of tokens.
So if you cash out 55% tomorrow, BTC-e are not obliged to give you tokens for the remaining 45%, so you take a 45% hit.
Look at it as the "withdrawal fee from hell" for those that are impatient.

BTC-e is probably smart to do it this way. It is expected that there will be an exodus. The users that would immediately leave upon relaunch would crash all the markets trying to get BTC out otherwise. Now they can separate exiting users (including most US users), and give them less back. And they will give their "loyal" customers more back, showing goodwill and encouraging them to stay on the new platform. This should bring some stability to their markets upon relaunch.
aaron25177
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 34
Merit: 0


View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:46:08 PM
 #2183

I'd continue to be a loyal customer, as i have been since 2012, but they aren't really giving US residents the option.
btcboi
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 7
Merit: 0


View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:50:40 PM
 #2184

I'm an Australian, currently living in Japan. I've had no issues connecting to btc-e.nz, receiving emails and checking my balance. All is going smoothly seeing as I'm outside the US obviously.

I have 7000USD in fiat and 550LTC.

Could I get some opinions on the choice between cashing out tomorrow and waiting til Sept 15th? I'm guessing the latter is mostly a risky move for US citizens but could anyone else weigh in given my holdings situation, and the risk of anything else going wrong between now and that date?

This is obviously not a small sum of money so I need to calculate the risk very carefully.

Thanks.
Electrolytez
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 26
Merit: 0


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:03:41 AM
 #2185

FeelsBadMan for those who are US Citizen and other countries that are IP banned. Either we take the %55 and lose %45 tomorrow (no verification required I think) or take the chance on the fully relaunch to get the %45 tokens but chances are that maybe the requirement for verification can affect the withdrawal and end up losing everything.

Hopefully BTC-E can give more detail about it later.

Yes I heard there will be different tiers for accountants. Unverified can trade and take out certain amount daily. Only issue will be if they decided to step up there game on banning Geo location IPs 
aaron25177
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 34
Merit: 0


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:11:03 AM
 #2186

If geolocation bans we're worst case, I'd be fine with that and try to continue to use the service.  But I'm afraid there will be more than that with the new exchange.  The fact it says you can trade without being verified gives a little hope though.
romani245
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 265
Merit: 252


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:19:03 AM
 #2187

If geolocation bans we're worst case, I'd be fine with that and try to continue to use the service.  But I'm afraid there will be more than that with the new exchange.  The fact it says you can trade without being verified gives a little hope though.

That's the problem, though. We would have to operate on hope. Personally, I'd prefer to continue using the service (after withdrawing most assets) and waiting on token redemption while trading the tokens.

I was happy to see that bit about no verification to trade also, but they are dangling this vague threat of KYC while already banning US residents. I think if they give us the option, we need to cut and run. It almost feels like this is the *wink wink nod nod* to US peoples to GTFO without verification while you can.
aaron25177
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 34
Merit: 0


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:29:40 AM
 #2188

Hopefully tomorrow update will have some better info that might sway the decision.  I was in ltc,  losing 45% is definitely going to hurt, especially with ltc prices going up the way they have the past few days.  I guess one way to look at it is the monetary value is about the same as when exchange was taken down.
aaron25177
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 34
Merit: 0


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:37:27 AM
 #2189

What if you only withdrew 25-40% tomorrow and left the remainder, would it be converted to the new exchange?  Or is an all or nothing 55%?  Anyone seen more details in the Russian threads?
erk
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 812
Merit: 500


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:39:19 AM
 #2190

Hopefully tomorrow update will have some better info that might sway the decision.  I was in ltc,  losing 45% is definitely going to hurt, especially with ltc prices going up the way they have the past few days.  I guess one way to look at it is the monetary value is about the same as when exchange was taken down.

What more info do you need?  it's pretty simple, if you want to withdraw now, you can only have it in crypto, and there is a 45% withdrawal fee.

aaron25177
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 34
Merit: 0


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:47:29 AM
 #2191

Well I don't want to withdrawal and lose 45%, but I also don't want to NOT be able to withdrawal anything on the new exchange.   Tempted to stay because I had already pretty much written off the coins as a loss, but being in US is higher risk
Electrolytez
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 26
Merit: 0


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:48:47 AM
 #2192

If geolocation bans we're worst case, I'd be fine with that and try to continue to use the service.  But I'm afraid there will be more than that with the new exchange.  The fact it says you can trade without being verified gives a little hope though.

That's the problem, though. We would have to operate on hope. Personally, I'd prefer to continue using the service (after withdrawing most assets) and waiting on token redemption while trading the tokens.

I was happy to see that bit about no verification to trade also, but they are dangling this vague threat of KYC while already banning US residents. I think if they give us the option, we need to cut and run. It almost feels like this is the *wink wink nod nod* to US peoples to GTFO without verification while you can.

That is the BIG issue. The whole new investment firm AML/KYC thing and actually banning US residents IP. I couldn't login until I use a VPN. Who knows if they really will step it up. But yes I also agree and get the feeling that this is BTC_E way of (WINK WINK GTFO and take out whatever you can). I really loved using the exchange and happily continue dealing business with BTC-E return but looks like it is time to move onto another.
yefi
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1088



View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:53:06 AM
 #2193

Thought they said that they'd credit deposits up until August? Made one on 25th July (day of bust) and it's not showing on my balance.
btcboi
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 7
Merit: 0


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:58:56 AM
 #2194

I'm an Australian, currently living in Japan. I've had no issues connecting to btc-e.nz, receiving emails and checking my balance. All is going smoothly seeing as I'm outside the US obviously.

I have 7000USD in fiat and 550LTC.

Could I get some opinions on the choice between cashing out tomorrow and waiting til Sept 15th? I'm guessing the latter is mostly a risky move for US citizens but could anyone else weigh in given my holdings situation, and the risk of anything else going wrong between now and that date?

This is obviously not a small sum of money so I need to calculate the risk very carefully.

Thanks.

Any chance of a 2 cents?
aaron25177
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 34
Merit: 0


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:07:08 AM
 #2195

I'm an Australian, currently living in Japan. I've had no issues connecting to btc-e.nz, receiving emails and checking my balance. All is going smoothly seeing as I'm outside the US obviously.

I have 7000USD in fiat and 550LTC.

Could I get some opinions on the choice between cashing out tomorrow and waiting til Sept 15th? I'm guessing the latter is mostly a risky move for US citizens but could anyone else weigh in given my holdings situation, and the risk of anything else going wrong between now and that date?

This is obviously not a small sum of money so I need to calculate the risk very carefully.

Thanks.

Any chance of a 2 cents?

I'm in almost the same situation, but am a US customer.   I would be a lot less worried not being in the US.   I was verified before and wouldn't have a problem verifying again, but we won't have that luxury.   If I were in your situation and didn't NEED the coins right away, I'd stick it out.  The 55% is better than nothing but I think I'd kick myself for not staying for the other 45%.  Btce has always came through, hopefully this will be no different
btcboi
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 7
Merit: 0


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:09:59 AM
 #2196

I'm in almost the same situation, but am a US customer.   I would be a lot less worried not being in the US.   I was verified before and wouldn't have a problem verifying again, but we won't have that luxury.   If I were in your situation and didn't NEED the coins right away, I'd stick it out.  The 55% is better than nothing but I think I'd kick myself for not staying for the other 45%.  Btce has always came through, hopefully this will be no different

Isn't your situation a lot different given that you're a US citizen?

Which luxury won't we have?
aaron25177
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 34
Merit: 0


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:21:28 AM
 #2197

I'm in almost the same situation, but am a US customer.   I would be a lot less worried not being in the US.   I was verified before and wouldn't have a problem verifying again, but we won't have that luxury.   If I were in your situation and didn't NEED the coins right away, I'd stick it out.  The 55% is better than nothing but I think I'd kick myself for not staying for the other 45%.  Btce has always came through, hopefully this will be no different

Isn't your situation a lot different given that you're a US citizen?

Which luxury won't we have?

Same as in I was mainly in ltc and it's significant amount to me.
   We won't have the luxury of verification if they are not going to support us customers. 
poordeveloper
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 784
Merit: 500



View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:31:02 AM
 #2198

Not sure if you've already discussed this, but they say:
Quote
and the possibility of input and output (fiat, coins, codes) is planned no later than September 15

Does anyone know if they plan to honor already generated BTC-E codes? With the 45% fee?


░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄

░░░░▄█░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░█▄
░░▄█░░▄█░░░░░░░░░█▄░░█▄
░░▄█░░░░▄███▄░░░░░█▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░▀█░░░░▀███▀░░░░░█▀░░
░░▀█░░▀█░░░░░░░░░█▀░░█▀
░░░░▀█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░█▀
░░░░░░▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
▁ ▂ ▁ Facebook | DECOIN.IO| Bounty ▁ ▂ ▁
•-» World's leading Cryptocurrency Exchange and Trading Platform «-•
▂ ▅ ▂ ANN▂ ▅ ▂ Telegram▂ ▅ ▂ Whitepaper ▂ ▅ ▂ Twitter ▂ ▅ ▂
OMlite
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 55
Merit: 0


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:36:21 AM
 #2199

We won't have the luxury of verification if they are not going to support us customers.  

US customers will not be supported. It was stated before. It is also in the FAQ.
They cannot allow US users, they have no way to adopt US regulations for a legit service.
Please also note that all the other major exchanges are gradually dropping out US users for the same reasons.

In conclusion: an US user will be probably able to login with a vpn.
A do some kind of activity, with an unverified account.
But he/she will not be able to send documents and be verified.
What kind of activity an unverified user will be able to perform?
Trading (as stated before)... and who knows.

Btw... BTC is hitting 5000 usd
and LTC 92 usd.
Crazy days.



aaron25177
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 34
Merit: 0


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:44:06 AM
 #2200

We won't have the luxury of verification if they are not going to support us customers.  

US customers will not be supported. It was stated before. It is also in the FAQ.
They cannot allow US users, they have no way to adopt US regulations for a legit service.
Please also note that all the other major exchanges are gradually dropping out US users for the same reasons.

In conclusion: an US user will be probably able to login with a vpn.
A do some kind of activity, with an unverified account.
But he/she will not be able to send documents and be verified.
What kind of activity an unverified user will be able to perform?
Trading (as stated before)... and who knows.

Btw... BTC is hitting 5000 usd
and LTC 92 usd.
Crazy days.




As long as I could trade and withdrawal, even minimal amounts in crypto only, I'd be fine with that! (Using VPN of course). We just need to know what exactly unverified accounts will be able to do.
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!